View Full Version : Milan Dragway panther meet--> 4-3-2004

16secondp71
01-20-2004, 09:57 PM
THE DATES ARE POSTED!!!
WHERE: Milan Dragway in Milan, MI
WHEN: OPENING DAY!--->SAT. APRIL 3,2004
TIME: 1:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST

ALL PANTHERS WELCOME!

Any info such as more detail on location, full summer schedule, ect. can be found at www.milandragway.com

Hope to see you at the track!!! :burnout: :banana2:

side note: to any moderators/admins, can you please make this a "sticky" in this forum. THANKS :up:

bigslim
01-21-2004, 12:44 AM
Nice to have date. We will work on getting the Windy City there to.

metroplex
03-07-2004, 04:49 PM
I can just predict that day:

Bunch of Trilogy Marauders running 12s... no one is going to race their LX Sports, or newish Panthers, and I'll be running 15s against 9 second Camaros :rolleyes:

gdmjoe
03-07-2004, 07:58 PM

Bunch of Trilogy Marauders running 12s... no one is going to race their LX Sports, or newish Panthers, and I'll be running 15s against 9 second Camaros :rolleyes:
You say that like it's a bad thing! :D

16secondp71
03-09-2004, 08:44 PM

Don't be so hard on yourself(or your car)... I'm selling my Crown Vic because I just bought a F250 with a powerstroke, so if I bring the diesel then I'll be the slowest there. Then again, Banks offers a nice little kit to boost the power on my new wheels. :banana2:

MI2QWK4U
03-09-2004, 09:16 PM

If it will make you feel better...I can stay home.

16secondp71
03-18-2004, 10:36 AM
Well, I still have the Vic so I might just make it afterall. I'm gonna ask my friend if I can borrow his car hauler so I can tow it down there. If I sell the car before hand, I will probably just bring the 'ole Super duty and see what this powerstroke is made of. :burnout:

bubba
03-19-2004, 02:00 PM
I am planning to come to the track. Do not have to worry about my times - totally stock DTR MM. However, I am bringing my daughter with me who is 16 and has her license. I am going to make a few passes and then let her make a few. Hope to see you all there.

Take Care and Drive Safe

CRUZTAKER
03-19-2004, 02:22 PM
I just realized that is the same date as the Wauconda, IL., April 2, 3 and 4,(Chicago) dyno and jerry-tune....for some of us anyway.

That track is only 1:45 from me. Someday we all need to get together up there. Sounds like fun.

Hack Goby
03-19-2004, 04:22 PM
If Lidio ran 12:05 and it was in the eightys what do you think he will run in 40-50 degree weather.I will be there with my camcorder to witness(maybe)the first 11 second run by a late model Marauder.

MI2QWK4U
03-19-2004, 04:49 PM
If Lidio ran 12:05 and it was in the eightys what do you think he will run in 40-50 degree weather.I will be there with my camcorder to witness(maybe)the first 11 second run by a late model Marauder.

I think Lidio will be able to pull it off....gonna be one hell of a show.

bubba
03-23-2004, 04:48 PM
Looking for some answers before I show up at Milan. I went to the Milan website to see what I needed to pass inspection. My DTR MM will run above 14 sec. and it says I need two things beyond seat belts: 1. a catch can and 2. a neutral safety switch.

I hate to sound ignorant, but, I need an explanation of exactly what is needed to satisfy these requirments. It has been 26 years since I have taken a run down a dragstrip track (last time was at the old Detroit Dragway) so a little help would be greatly appreciated.

merc406
03-23-2004, 05:18 PM
Looking for some answers before I show up at Milan. I went to the Milan website to see what I needed to pass inspection. My DTR MM will run above 14 sec. and it says I need two things beyond seat belts: 1. a catch can and 2. a neutral safety switch.

I hate to sound ignorant, but, I need an explanation of exactly what is needed to satisfy these requirments. It has been 26 years since I have taken a run down a dragstrip track (last time was at the old Detroit Dragway) so a little help would be greatly appreciated.

No need to worry, you have both bubba. :rock:

SUNDAY------SUNDAY------ AT DETROIT DRAGWAY!!!!!! Sibley at Dix

The ole springtime mud hole, :lol: was fun their, just about grew up there. :burnout:

merc406
03-23-2004, 05:21 PM
OH, Guys, don't forget to trim your toe nails, no joke intended. :burnout:

MI2QWK4U
03-23-2004, 05:50 PM

Larry is right, you have all that...you will be all set! come on out and have fun with the motor city boys!

16secondp71
03-23-2004, 06:01 PM
Wow, this is promising to be quite a turnout... :eek: I gotta go get my bottle filled. :up:

MI2QWK4U
03-30-2004, 02:18 PM
Wow, this is promising to be quite a turnout... :eek: I gotta go get my bottle filled. :up:

If the weather is good, the turnout should be very good! I hope thats a big bottle! Lidio installed the Pro-M and retuned it and got 18 more RWHP! Gonna be fun.

Hack Goby
03-30-2004, 02:43 PM
Better hope this guy dont show up. http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=567037&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

16secondp71
03-30-2004, 03:33 PM
If the weather is good, the turnout should be very good! I hope thats a big bottle! Lidio installed the Pro-M and retuned it and got 18 more RWHP! Gonna be fun.

LOL... No, I don't think the bottle is big enough to beat that. I suppose I could rejet the system for more power, but I don't want to chance blowing up the engine when I'm trying to sell the car. I honestly have no clue what my Vic will run, I'm hoping it's at least a low 14 or high 13 on the spray. :up:

MI2QWK4U
03-30-2004, 04:58 PM
Thats still impressive for a panther car.

MI2QWK4U
04-01-2004, 03:55 PM
Chuck says......sunny and 54 degrees for saturday!

16secondp71
04-01-2004, 08:48 PM
Chuck says......sunny and 54 degrees for saturday!

That's perfect for drag racing... Those low temps are great for power, but traction may be an issue. I'm loadin' the Vic on the trailer tomarrow night and I'll be all set to go for SAT. :up:

bubba
04-02-2004, 10:20 AM
I am planning on going to Milan tomorrow. There is a Sunoco Station that sells a 110 octane racing fuel close to my place of business. I was thinking of purchasing a gallon or two and mix it with the Sunoco 94 octane. There are warnings all over the pump about problems that this can cause. Looking for your opinions.......

dwasson
04-02-2004, 10:59 AM
I'm coming as a spectator. So, I expect to be entertained! I want to see some fast times.

MI2QWK4U
04-02-2004, 11:18 AM
I am planning on going to Milan tomorrow. There is a Sunoco Station that sells a 110 octane racing fuel close to my place of business. I was thinking of purchasing a gallon or two and mix it with the Sunoco 94 octane. There are warnings all over the pump about problems that this can cause. Looking for your opinions.......

Howdy...are you sure its 110 octane? I know that sunoco makes the gt100 unleaded, and 104 as well. You should call Lidio on weather or not it would help a stock engine at the strip. I honestly dont know. Call him at 586-463-0010 and tell him you are from the marauder forum.
Dave

MI2QWK4U
04-02-2004, 11:19 AM
I'm coming as a spectator. So, I expect to be entertained! I want to see some fast times.

BRING A CAMCORDER!!

bubba
04-02-2004, 01:10 PM
Yes, 110! It is called Blue Max or something like that. I will have to go back and read all of the written warnings but it really cautions using it in engines that are not "race prepared" - additionally it states that it is for off-road (read race)vehicles only.

I am bringing my digital camcorder. I may post some pics and movies if there are good ones. My 16 daughter is coming and racing the MM also.

16secondp71
04-02-2004, 03:36 PM
110 is really good for a high compression engine, you probably won't see much difference in power, if any. Some have said that there performance decreased on a stock engine when runninhg 110. Also, it is not a good idea if you have catalytic converters on your car, the lead deposits tend to clog them up. Of course, I am assuming it is a leaded fuel... I have yet to see 110 octane that is unleaded. Also, they won't let you pumpo it into the car... GAS CANS ONLY.

Lowell
04-02-2004, 06:04 PM
Dam'n. I want to be three places at one time! I will sleep on it. :bigcry:

MI2QWK4U
04-02-2004, 06:21 PM
Dam'n. I want to be three places at one time! I will sleep on it. :bigcry:

Lowell, you know what to do! Lidio and I are dying to put his latest tune to the strip. My car has never run so good...its freaky fast now..... And I think its not far off that Lidio will easily be into the high 11 second range...

stumpy
04-02-2004, 09:19 PM
If he runs an 11 then he'd better make it the last run of the day. That would be cool none the less. If he ever comes East he better have a roll bar because he'll have an 11 for sure. Doesn't the great air in the East coast make you West coast guys sick? :rasta:

16secondp71
04-03-2004, 08:39 AM
If he runs an 11 then he'd better make it the last run of the day. That would be cool none the less. If he ever comes East he better have a roll bar because he'll have an 11 for sure. Doesn't the great air in the East coast make you West coast guys sick? :rasta:

At Milan you only need a roll bar if your car is 10.99 or faster, so he can run all day in the 11's.

I'm pulling out i about a half hour, see you all there.