PDA

View Full Version : Review Dennis Reinhart – you should be locked up!!! - Part 1

jflave
11-09-2011, 07:32 PM
DENNIS REINHART REVIEW
Dennis Reinhart – you should be locked up!!!
Let me start by saying that anything I say here can be backed up with pictures or information from other people that I have spoken to and have said it is okay to use their names. Yes, I am a fool; but I was distracted in the past year. I have lost one of my 4 sisters to cancer, my mom (95 years old) – God bless her, she had a good life, my brother-in-law to cancer and 1 month after he passed away, his wife (my sister) found out that she had cancer. She lives just outside of Lewes, DE and I have been commuting 3x/week (2 hours each way); but now things are getting better and I have time for the car. I told Dennis Reinhart to do whatever it took to make it a 10 second car. Every time I turned around, he needed more money and it was sent to him express mail, and it was big $$$. With that being said, I’ll start the review. If anything disappears in JFlave’s update or in Larry LJ on24’s threads, you will know why. I sent my car to DR’s shop in May of 2010 with 33,000 miles on it - A great Fox Lake Built Motor, 1200 SL etc.; but it would only do 12.0 @ 116 & my 60 times were slower than when I had a stock engine. DR said it’s the tune - send it to me and I’ll make some other changes after checking it out. I got the car back on 10.6.2011 (long time) with 37,255 miles (4,000 miles more than when I sent it to DR. In August, it had just turned 35,000 miles. I had asked him about it and he said he was driving to make sure everything was ok (believable). My full size polished spare was not in the trunk. He said he took it out to go to the track a few weeks back (again, believable). The hood didn’t look right to me and he said it was out of adjustment and called someone and we drove over to another shop that was close by, but the guy wasn’t there (still believable). I asked him about the original trans with the 33,000 miles on it, the 2-step, the 1-inch spacer, my 2 SCT tuners, the original alternator w/ the 8-rib pulley that I was going to use as a spare, the 14” brake kit and the boost-a-pump that I just disconnected the power wire, but never took it out of the trunk, when I went to a return fuel system. DR said all was in the back of his shop and will be put in the trunk of my car to save on shipping costs when the car comes north and the 14” brake kit was out getting powder-coated and would be installed before the car left his shop (paid for the brakes in June 2011) (all believable). And I’m a fool? Nothing came north w/ the car and when the car arrived, the brakes weren’t on it. I recently received a transmission that is not mine. I had Tom Kasper look at it and he sees what I see – a high mileage weathered trans. My car is a garage queen and does not come out in the rain, snow or winter. The rear shaft lube kit that was put on the car was not the work of Tom Kasper. He knows his work, and that’s not it. The flow tube looked old and rusted. I then had someone else on the site check the #s that are on the trans. It’s an ’03 MM trans, but not the one that matches my VIN #. It’s not my original trans. DR also sent me an alternator that is not mine. It’s old and pitted and doesn’t have an 8-rib pulley on it and the electrical connector is broke. I have now found my custom made intake spacer – it’s on Larry’s car (LJ on24’s) who’s car was being worked on at the same time my car was there (Dennis, you stole it and sold it to Larry and I think the boost-a-pump that you sold to him was also off of my car). I talked to Larry 2x and all is good. They are his now, he paid Dennis $$ for them. Feel free to talk to Larry or he may even post. The full-size polished spare DR sent me is also not mine. Mine was clean and waxed and the tire had a plug in it, and had only about 8,000 miles on it. The one he sent me - the tire is worn on the outside like it had a bad alignment and there was no plug. The wheel itself looked bad, pitted and loaded w/ road tar, like a high mileage car. I spent some time cleaning it up, but it still looks bad. The other parts (the 2-step, the 2 tuners, the original alternator w/ the 8-rib pulley and the 14” brake kit) are still unaccounted for. Body condition – besides the 4,000 miles DR put on the car, 2,000 since I was there in the first week of August, the car came back to me w/ a hole in the passenger side of the rear bumper cover and 2 more holes that were filled in and painted over and are cracking now with the film material coming out like the hole above them. The tail pipe on the same side is pushed in approximately 1”. I paid to have the tips extended and they were perfect. Also, the bumper cover on the driver side rear is all cracked. The front of the car has several chips in the paint and the rear door on the driver’s side has been touched up (not good). The hood is not mine. If you look at the JFlave upgrade thread – post #10 – look at the hood. That picture was taken at DR’s shop and posted by DR – it looked great, straight, all lined up w/ good gaps. Now go to post #36 and #39. Where’s my hood? It’s gone – WHY??? Now go to post #42 – DR says something about getting the hood painted. Here’s a picture of the hood that came back to me. It’s not my hood. Did he really think I wouldn’t notice?? And to back this up, I took the car over to the shop that painted and installed the hood for me. Guess what? They don’t think it’s my hood either. The cow is not painted in the same color - they sprayed it. It’s a few shades off. The hood also has 2 big humps in it and doesn’t lay flat now. They also said the struts on the car now are not the same as what they used, which were off an old small foreign car that was totaled and going to the junkyard. As for the rear bumper cover, shortly before the car went to DR, I had 2 blisters on the rear cover and they sanded the complete cover and at the time it had no other damage, no fill-in material. The owner said if I need a statement, or anything from him, just ask. As I am writing this, other things are coming to mind. The lower intake was also stolen. I purchased a lower intake from DR when the engine was being built and sent it to Extrude Hone to be smoothed out and when it came back to Tom Kasper, who was installing the new engine, he opened up the holes on the top of the lower intake – 1 size over using American threads 1/4-20. Because I was using the 1” spacer, stolen by DR, he installed the 1/4-20 studs. The lower intake that is now on the car is stock with stock bolts and it is not my intake that was on the car when it went to FL. Mechanical – this is bad – but before I go on, let me say that I talked to Ron Hobart @ Fox Lake Racing several times in the last week and he has been very helpful and if I had the $$ to buy another built motor, I would have him build it for me. I also know that he is putting his reputation on the line by talking to me, let alone sending me information. So nothing is directed at Fox Lake Racing, I know its DR’s bad work and bad tune. Like I said, I got the car back on 10.6.2011 and took a quick ride, maybe 2 miles after it was warmed up. The car felt good and I posted that and it was put in the garage for about 10 days because I was very busy. I took the car out for a ride and went about 4 more miles – just got on the highway and all went wrong. It started w/ a loud screeching sound from the engine and smoke. I also experienced an oil-burning smell. I pulled over and looked under the car – it was night and I had no flashlight. I could see coolant and I could see smoke when I opened the hood. I called the tow truck and it was taken to Flanagans. They checked it in w/ 37,261 miles on it – remember I got it back w/ 37,255 – so I drove it for 6 miles total since getting it back. Here is what they found – the bolt came off the alternator pulley – it’s a brand new chrome alternator installed by DR. The pulley came forward and it cut a hole in the crossover tube – also bending the shaft of the alternator. The belt lost a rib, but stayed on. They ordered a new crossover tube and they also found the oil pressure sending unit leaking and the oil filter adaptor leaking. They found a missing bolt in one of the motor mounts and another missing bolt in the power steering pump. The blow off valve was loose and missing part of the gasket. The water hose coming down past the blow off valve was being forced into a bolt and cutting into the hose, easy fix. New hose – just reversed it – clears the bolt. Fan housing was loose and moving – they fixed it. The front end was making noise and they found a bolt loose on a sway bar link. They also found some other bolts loose that hold the front end in and that the whole underside of the car was sprayed w/ a black coating – WHY??? Look at the pictures in post #32 (JFlave upgrades) – the underside of my car is clean, so why the coating? I will get back to this momentarily. They also found the supercharger was not straight and when they took it off a bolt hole was cross-threaded and in bad shape. They also found the oil to be black with specks and/or particles in it, and it was thick - ??? - anyone ever see this before? After getting the car up and running again, another hose was leaking (minor), but coolant was leaking out of the hole in the electric water pump – so they pulled the pump and when they did, they found 2 more bolt holes in bad shape, but fixable (WTF!!). They called me and I called DR. He gave me the # of Meziere in CA and said he would pay for it, but he never did, and it was instead billed to my credit card. But, wait … it gets better. ... continued - see part 2

Dennis Reinhart
11-11-2011, 10:11 PM
First of John I am fully aware of your loses me and you have spoke of it many times, prior to the last 30 days we were friends as well as a good customer, but your family illnesses have nothing to do with this topic. We took your car to Gainesville when it was 97 or 98° at six o'clock at night with 85% humidity no car is gonna run into tens at that temperature I told you that I don't even race in the summer I don't know many people that do other than the track times you are totally satisfied with the car it accelerated well it handled well and then you wanted me to add nitrous which we did. John you told me to drive your car and put as many miles on it is I wanted to in the year that it was here I put approximately 3000 miles on remember the car had three engines and had to have break in millage so do the math that comes out to approximately 500.00 miles a month. divide that by 30 thats 16.6 miles to and from work, when you were down here three weeks ago I asked you then if you had the mileage wrote down before you sent the car down here and you said yes and you told me you thought that I would've put more miles on the car. I've have addressed your back bumper and either part one are part two those marks were not on your car when you were here three weeks prior to be shipping the car back once I had installed your nitrous and return the car I quit driving the car I either parked inside or outside underneath the cover, two days before your car was to be picked up I had it cleaned and detailed there were no marks on the rear bumper, the day they picked the car up I was not there I was out of town but you called me the following Monday to tell me that the parts that were supposed to be in your trunk were not there this include your transmission your alternator in several other parts I them immediately crate it up and shipped it to you, the transmission that I took out of your car the previous year that had set on my garage floor that transmission was built in New Jersey with one of my kits had a deep pan on it and a force lube kit if that's not the transmission that you received that we shipped in error and if you provide me the Vin number I will check the transmissions that are setting on my floor if anything it was a minor mistake that I will immediately correct until now I was not even aware of this. While the car was here the hood was accidentally cracked I sent it over to one of the best paint body shops here in orange Park and I had it painted up till now you never told me it wasn't to your satisfaction, I told you to have the back bumper repainted and repaired and I would pay for. When you're car first got here last year the hood never fit right on this car it was warped you admitted that you asked me to have the body shop when they painted it to see if they could fix it and I and they said there was nothing they could do about it so I told him to adjust it the best they could. The reason why you had to have this hood is because you put a 3 inch spacer on the intake and the shop that installed it used threaded rod instead of bolts and ruined the lower intake, that is why it was replaced and I told you of that and even sent you pictures of that this was done by your friends in New Jersey what the members need to also know here is I never assembled this car you bought all the parts for me you bought a $12,000 motor from Fox Lake you had it delivered in New Jersey they installed the motor they installed the injectors the fuel rails they sold you $1000 return style fuel system that you never needed they installed into a stock gas tank without ever installing a sump which would've caused fuel starvation they butchered the wiring on the two-step stage limiter that caused a severe intermittent engine miss that took My Ford technician two weeks to diagnose with an IDS, I have never stolen anything from you so don't pleas call me a thief, as I have said in the previous posts I have your to brand-new Xcal 3 as promised I bought you a brand-new booster pump to replace your used one that was never needed with the fuel system that you had the New Jersey shop install for you. I'm looking for your 3 inch spacer that I never stole it's worth nothing to me I would stick it on any car it simply has gotten misplaced over the last year, we took off your two-step and I spoke to to the shop that installed it today and he even told you that the two-step rev limiter could cause an intermittent engine miss and it did I took it off and it somewhere in the shop, I have explained about your alternator but will go over again I fired the mechanic that installed it and he's the same mechanic that misaligned the supercharger, I overnighted you a brand-new chrome alternator and you failed to send me the damaged one back but yet I'm a thief. The same mechanic is the one that crated up your transmission and sent you the wrong 0EM alternator this was your old alternator with 12,000 miles on it and eight rib pulley. We spoke on the phone I told you I would send you a brand-new Ford alternator and put an eight rib pulley on it to replace your used one and you said don't worry about Dennis will work this out. John you're not telling everybody the whole story I understand what pressure you've under with your family losses you haven't given me a chance to make anything right. A lot of what you posted here is redundant on the other two sections of this review so I will be a little redundant as well. First of all you didn't spend $35,000 on the motor you bought a motor for 12,000 dollars you brought a transmission kit you bought a drive shaft you bought a supercharger kit you bought sway bars you bought brake parts and you had this whole car assembled in New Jersey even after I advised you not to do this for one I knew of no one qualified to even to the car in New Jersey except for one person. You chose to take the car to a totally unqualified tuner he tuned the car and had a ten to one air fuel ratio you drove the car put approximately eight hundred miles on the motor and then you called me and told me the car ran like crap would barely make a decent run at the drag strip would hardly idle correctly and you sent it down to my shop, we put your car on the Dyno I never installed a tune in the car the car was run on the tune supplied by your person in New Jersey the engine had so much blow by it blue the dipstick out of the engine I told you this I called Ron Hobart and told him that, I removed the engine from your car I left the oil pan on it the valve covers on it the front timing cover on it I sealed the engine up in plastic and I sent it to Fox Lake he told both me and you on the phone that the engine was run so rich that it had washed all the oil out of the rings in glazed every cylinder over, he also found metal contamination in the oil pump now the members here need to know this engine was never installed by me it was installed by your shop in New Jersey you sent me the car here I took the engine out and this is what Ron Hobart found when he tore it down there is no way that I am responsible for this so if Ron Hobart wants to tell you something else he's just trying to cover his ass. When he sent the motor back he forgot to put a set screw in the block that other members on this board are fully aware of that allowed water to come directly out of your heads and fill the crankcase up with antifreeze and water totally contaminating the motor, yet Ron Hobart according to you is stating this was my mistake, anyone with common sense can see that this doesn't make any sense, I did not install this engine I didn't disassemble this engine Ron Hobart did and he's the one that charged you $4500 to put eight new Pistons in the motor because of the poor tune that you got in New Jersey not from Dennis Reinhart, now the rest of this is totally redundant and can be read in post two and three John all I want to do is resolve this to your satisfaction, I won't be called a thief cause I'm not I'm not gonna be blamed for your first three engine failures when it's clearly Fox Lake's issue, I will admit that mistakes were made and no matter that goes back to the owner of the shop which is me. As I've stated the person that caused most of these issues is no longer in my employee, I've replaced them with highly qualified for technicians I had the best fabricator intake welder in Jacksonville Florida and I am committed that this will never happen again the last six months has been very very tough on me as you have told us about your family losses. I've had illness issues myself I was hospitalized once yet I'm not using that as an excuse for anything all I want to do is the right thing here and if you allow me to do that I will if not there's nothing I can do about that. I am truly sorry that it has come down to this I know how upset you are because I've known you for years I spoke to you almost 2 or three times a week if it was not to just talk about your car we talked about my business about my family about your family and your work I wish only the best for you.

Respectfully
Dennis A Reinhart