PDA

View Full Version : Review Dennis Reinhart - You should be locked up!! Part 2

jflave
11-09-2011, 07:35 PM
... When I talked to Greg @ Meziere, I told him that I could not find the receipt from DR, but it was about a year and a half since I bought it. He told me that they all have shipping dates on the back of them and if it was within 2 years, he would replace it free of charge. I called Flanagans back and they got me the date from the back – 2.8.08. My car was stock at this time and I never even picked up the new engine @ Fox Lake until 11.22.09 and I posted something about it (the new motor was being picked up). DR – that’s not my electric water pump – where did mine go?? They also found the idler pulley to be a 6-rib – it came to you w/ an 8-rib pulley. Did this disappear when you posted that you were having trouble getting 8-rib idler pulleys? Shame on you, DR!!! The car is running, but pushing oil out of the valve covers and is smoking now after the oil change. It gets bad anytime you get on it just a little. I did a WOT and it looks like a smoke machine out of the exhaust. Not good at all. I have been talking to Ron @ Fox Lake and have found out a few things, Dennis. #1 – You told me that the motor was hurt b/c when it came to you in May of 2010, it was running rich. This was the end of September 2010 – 4 months after you received the car and were posting some big #s the motor was making. Looking back, that could not be the truth because of the big #s you were posting. You were tuning it for 4 months before you detonated it. I wound up paying Fox Lake $4500 for your tune mistake – believing the mistake was made up here. The engine was honed out - new pistons, new timing chain tensioners, new Melton oil pump, etc. You detonated the motor, and I paid!! I also found out, after the fact, the engine went back to Fox Lake 2 more times (I now have the paperwork). On 6.17.11, you detonated the engine again (bad tune). It was sent back to Fox Lake – bored out again – new pistons again, new rod and main bearing, another new oil pump, etc. - just like your last mistake in tuning. The motor went back 1 other time – Ron said he repaired a broken casting in the back of a bolt hole for the front cover which let coolant run into the crank case and the bolt hole was cross-threaded and tightened down until it broke the casting. I just got an email from the President of Flanagans with the test results of the compression test – very bad news. Right bank from the front - 175-180-175-170, Left bank from the front - 145-130-160-95. This motor is done. He also told me the coil wires on the car are all different brands and old. I installed new coil wires when we did the new motor install. Dennis – you are no good!!! Getting back to the undercoating – it was done for a reason. Flanagans is trying to get some of it off to see what is going on under there. They found more loose bolts in the front end section that hold the whole thing in place. The ball joint cups look old and cracked like a car with high mileage, not a garage queen. When I can, the car is going to Kasper’s. Tom said the car was spotless under there when he pulled the original engine and trans out. Now I am wondering if my whole front end was swapped w/ somebody else’s car. There is more, but I think you get the point. ... continued - see part 3

Dennis Reinhart
11-11-2011, 05:25 PM
John first of all I know how upset you are. I never installed some one elses pump on your car, I will call Gregg Monday, and try and resolve this first of all. I was under the understanding that the pump was only covered by a one-year warranty not two. I know that I have never installed this particular type of water pump on any other marauder, so the pump that you purchase from me is the pump that was installed on your car. I never installed your original engine the shop you hired did. Again John this engine had been out three different times, when we take the engine out of the car we take the transmission out first and lift the engine out next, I can assure you I did not swap out the front subframe of your car I can understand your frustration but this accusation is totally wrong. For you to sit there and tell this board that you had to pay $4500 to replace 8 Pistons because of me is an absolute false accusation. Your engine was installed in NJ along with a thousand dollar fuel system you never needed, they never even installed a sump in the tank we did, and all the other parts that you bought from me were installed in New Jersey by another company not me, your car was tuned in New Jersey that's when you started having problems and you contacted me, you told me the car would not idle right it ran poorly and wouldn't Hardley run down the track at wide-open throttle do you deny that.

You sent the car down here by trailer we put the car on the Dyno I never installed a tune in your car I did one wide-open throttle pull with the NJ tune, and the car had so much blow by it blew the dipstick out of the engine. I called you immediately the same day I told you what I found that the air fuel was ten to one and I sent you the Dyno sheets. So for you to say that this was my fault is totally inaccurate and false. I removed the engine from your car I sent it to Fox Lake Ron confirmed that the engine was running so rich that it had glazed all the cylinders and he would not be able to use the Pistons over again. He also told you he found metal in the oil pump and was going to replace that as well. So all this was done prior to be ever receiving your car. I don't care what Ron at Fox Lake told you about your first engine I didn't install it John, I didn't assemble it you had that done in New Jersey, so how could I have done anything to the block when it was sent back to Fox Lake for the repair of the Pistons. I never took the engine apart, I shipped intact with the valve covers and oil pan on it and timing cover, so if Ron Hobart repaired anything he repaired a mistake that he made when he initially built the motor, again the members here have to understand is I didn't install the first motor you sent the car down here with the problems and I removed that motor as a complete assembly and sent it to Fox Lake, and then when we received it back and installed into your car and filled it with antifreeze and water and it filled up the oil pan that was due to Ron Hobart's mistake not Dennis Reinhart, again I sent your engine as a complete assembly and he sent it back as a complete assembly with the timing cover valve covers and oral pan installed, if Dennis Reinhart made a mistake why would Ron Hobart pay for the shipping and the labor to reinstall your motor this doesn't make any sense to anyone with common sense.

Then we find out all he does is repair the leak that he made not us, there are members here on the board that have bought aftermarket blocks there is annexed her hole on the aftermarket block in it has to be tapped and plugged I guarantee you this was never done or he left the plug out that's why water ran out of the front of the cylinder head behind the timing cover filling the oil pan up and contaminating the whole engine, and when we first sent it back he NEVER tore the engine down, the whole engine was contaminated with Anti freeze, once I got it back and reinstalled the engine upon start up it had a lot of lifter noise I called Ron Hobart he assured me there was no issue with it I put it on the Dyno did several pulls data logging everything using minimal timing carefully watching air fuel and the car never ran lean then when I called him and asking that he had if he had disassembled the entire engine he said no. So I took the engine out again at no charge to you shipped it at my cost and Ron Hobart rebuilt the engine again and never charged me or you a dime but yet he tells you that I detonated it on the dyno, this doesn't make sense, John all I want to do is try and resolve this with you, but I'm not a set here and let you call me a thief in blame me for Ron Hobart's mistakes, I bought several of his engines over the years I run his cylinder heads on my car and he is a decent man, but everybody makes mistakes myself included and I had admitted some of those here, but again you're knocking to blame me for your three bad engines you can take that up with Ron at Fox Lake.

I am trying to address every issue that you're raising here your car is a 2003 Mercury marauder rubber parts deteriorate ball joint boots crack so you want to blame that on me go ahead because it's completely unfathomable if I've made mistakes I'll admit it, this is just completely ridiculous John, but I understand your frustration and I'm willing to do whatever I can to try to help resolve the situation but I'm not going to allow you to call me a thief and blame me for stuff that I had no control over. Of corse Ron Hobart is trying to cover his ass, again I did not install the engine I did not tune the car and I never assembled the car all that was done there. Will now go to the next post.