PDA

View Full Version : Review Dennis Reinhart - You should be locked up!! Part 3

jflave
11-09-2011, 07:36 PM
... Dennis – don’t call me, don’t email me … you have a short time frame to make this right. Respond to me on MM.net only. I feel sorry for your wife – that is the only reason I am giving you any time at all. I can’t believe I took you and Sheila out to dinner and drinks and you do this to me, after spending all this money on the car. I trusted you!!!

John

emails from President of Flanagans:

email #1

Good afternoon John,

Having listened to you rave about your car and the work being done to it in Florida I can only tell you how disappointed I am at the results. Now having spent several weeks in my shop I feel the need to recap some of the issues that were still existent on the car when you presented it to me for service. Many of these items you have asked me to correct but I must tell you that most of these are due poor workmanship and a general lack of concern for your vehicle by the installer. I am appalled by what I've seen and more concerned by what its going to take to correct your car and bring it back to the condition it was in when it left New Jersey, if thats at all possible.

1) The electric water pump was leaking badly. Upon removal determined that this pumps date code, (08), did not match up with when you had it installed. In 2008 your car still had the stock water pump set up on it. For whatever reason someone changed your pump.

2) The 8 rib idler pulley has been changed with a 6 rib pulley which is inadequate.

3) The supercharger will not fit straight because the bolt holes are badly cross threaded. The installer actually used a piece of all thread in place of a proper mounting bolt to try to get the supercharger lined up.

4) The alternator was not mounted properly causing the pulley to move forward and cut the crossover tube.

5) The blow off valve was loose and the gasket was cracked. An obvious installer error.

6) The clean and bright alloy sub frame has now been painted or undercoated. Plus the mounting bolts were loose. It looks like this might have been changed with a different part.

7) Numerous oil and coolant leaks were found as well as at least a dozen cross threaded bolt holes. In some cases (motor mount and power steering pump), bolts were missing all together.

8) The valve covers are leaking and unfortunately I think its because of blow by. Further investigation is needed.

John, the person that worked on your car obviously took you for granted. He not only took your money, a sum I do not wish to know, but he took a piece of your property and for lack of a better word "hacked" at it until he got what he wanted from you. There is still much work to be done to get this car into drivable condition let alone the pristine condition it was in. As I sit here and prepare what will be another large bill for you pay for this car I can only express my concern for the outcome of this whole project.

Terence A. Smith
President
Flanagan's Auto & Truck Repair, Inc.
Flanagan's of Medford, Inc.
Flanagan's t/a Ramblewood Automotive, Inc.

email #2:

Morning John,
This morning I decided to check one more thing before you picked up your car today. Something that we have discussed but I did not address in my last email is the smoke issue with this car. We both agree that it is an internal engine problem and not an accessory problem. So, this morning I had the shop run a cylinder compression test on your engine. The results, while not conclusive, indicate and confirm our thoughts regarding internal damage.

The results. Left bank from the front cylinder 145/130/160/95. Right bank from the front cylinder 175/180/175/170. I think the next step would be to scope the engine and take a look inside to see what the extent of the damage is.

One last observation. While doing the compression test my mechanic informed me that the ignition cables were not new and the set was made up of different brands. I'm not sure what was on the engine prior to all this but it just seemed very odd considering the amount of money you have spent on this project.

Terence A. Smith
President
Flanagan's Auto & Truck Repair, Inc.
Flanagan's of Medford, Inc.
Flanagan's t/a Ramblewood Automotive, Inc.

Dennis Reinhart
11-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Okay John let's start with part three, first of all I want to apologize to you for all the problems you are having with your car. I also apologize to the moderators in having to deal with this, I've already reiterated in post number two some of my explanations concerning this matter.

Number one the electric water pump I covered in section 2 but will go over again I didn't install someone else's electric water pump on your car your electric water pump was at least a year and a half or two years old when I spoke to Greg I told him to send you a new water pump at my cost because we were both under the assumption that it was out of warranty, but I told you I would pay the shipping cost and I will. Now I will call Gregg on Monday and ask him to credit your credit card back the difference between resale and my cost on the water pump and I will pay the shipping.

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your call earlier today regarding the confusion on the attached invoice. As you can see the order was shipped on another Dennis Reinhardt account based out of Minnesota. (I now see it’s spelled a bit different)
When you placed the order on 10-18-11 in my haste to get it on the truck I entered this account by mistake. Good thing is it got to John Lavelle at the correct address and another good thing is the pricing was different as you are set up in our system with a discount based on a large buy-in.
I will credit John Lavelle the 152.96 the discounted difference along with the 114.00 for the Next day air you asked me to bill to your account when you placed the order. (Total of 266.96).
I will then re-invoice you for the 114.00 next day air charges.

I’m very sorry for the mix-up and please pass on my apology to John .

Our office manager is out today with the flu but I will make sure this gets handled as soon as she returns.

Take care and thank you for understanding.

Greg Krause
Meziere Enterprises Inc.
760-746-3273

Number two as I have stated before your engine had been removed three different times and two different mechanics worked on your motor so it would've been very easy to of make a simple mistake of installing the six rib pulley instead of the eight rib it was a simple mistake John it was not theft it was a mistake I've taken appropriate actions over this and I accept this.

Number three Yes the supercharger was not aligned properly I told you by phone the week prior to shipping your car home that we felt the supercharger was not aligned properly and we had taken it off and added a couple shims so again I place the blame on myself but I've never had to check my mechanics work before and as I've have said more than once that mechanic is no longer in my employee, I now have a fully qualified Ford mechanic with 14 years experience, I have the best Tig Welder in Jacksonville Florida, so I accept the responsibility for the supercharger being misaligned and will do whatever you ask me to do to compensate you for the labor and fixing it as I told you on the phone.

Number four and five again the same mechanic worked on your car John that's why he's no longer in my employee.

Number six John you were at my garage three weeks prior to me shipping you the car back, I had the car on the rack for your inspection I told you prior to undercoating your car that was what I was going to do because you had seen the two other cars that I had under coated that were severely rusted especially the car from Chicago, and you told me to undercoat the car, and you looked at the undercoating when you were here three weeks prior to me sending the car back and you never said a word about the undercoating you liked the looks of it, and was glad that I did it and had you not liked it and said something I would've removed it as difficult as that would've been, but I would have done it for you, so again so the members can clearly see you physically looked at underneath your car when it was here you looked the entire car over and you found nothing wrong with the appearance of the underneath of the car you didn't mention any cracked ball joints boots.

Number seven The coolant leak that you're talking about was the water pump leaking from the weep hole because it was defective. This is already been covered most of what you're posting is redundant but again this is my shop if mistakes were made then I am responsible for and that's what I'm trying to address. You want to call me a thief because I lost the stupid three-inch intake spacer that you had on your car forcing you to put the large hood on it is absolutely wrong, I never stole anything from you it's simply been this misplaced in my shop and I told you I would pay for it, you don't need to call me a thief. I put a PHP spacer on your car and that did more good than the three-inch spacer that was installed by your high-performance shop in New Jersey I proved that on the Dyno.

Again John you are here three weeks prior to me shipping the car back myself my wife and you went to dinner, me and you went to Gainesville to race your car you told me you were totally satisfied with the way the car ran but we needed to work on the shift points your car at that time was making around 600 hp than you wanted to add nitrous so we added a nitrous kit with a heater and purge.

While your car was here I had the hood repainted by professional body shop because I put a small crack in, the day before the car was to be picked up I had the car buff waxed and detailed when you received the car from the shipper it was late at night dark and raining you called me the next day and you told me there was a scratch in the rear bumper, I told you to have it repaired and I would pay for it.

When your car got down here we took your transmission out later to the side it was a built transmission with the kit that I had sold you, that you had done in New Jersey it had the deep dish pan on it and the force Lube kit. It had it set in my garage for year, they were supposed to a put your transmission and your 8 rib original alternator in the trunk they forgot to install the transmission, I had it crated up and sent to you the following week for 250.00 I called you on Monday and told you that I would buy you a brand-new Ford alternator and have an eight rib pulley installed on to replace your used one, you told me over the phone don't worry about it Dennis I'll just use this alternator and put an eight rib pulley on it.

Look John I know mistakes are made here but none of them were dishonest mistakes, yes mistakes are made I will do whatever I can to resolve them, if the spare tire that was in your trunk was not correct I will replace it with a brand-new rim and brand-new tire.

jflave
11-10-2011, 07:38 PM
THE CLOCK IS TICKING i'am up in NY for work now till saturday, I willpost after i get back & have the info. in front of me. Go to jflave upgrade 5-30 10 Post #8 Look at the you tube video, does that look like a bad motor? NO & NO SMOKE, Your Bad Dennis. Go to post #20 - YOU said it picked up 45 HP. Go to post # 21 on 6-10-10 YOU posted its making 636 HP, 532 TQ, 18 lbs of boost. DOES THAT SOUND LIKE A SMOKING BAD ENGINE, NO The only thing bad is you !! YOU BLEW UP MY MOTOR THE THIRD WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 2010 DENNIS YOU SHOULD BE LOCKED UP

Dennis Reinhart
11-11-2011, 10:52 PM
THE CLOCK IS TICKING i'am up in NY for work now till saturday, I willpost after i get back & have the info. in front of me. Go to jflave upgrade 5-30 10 Post #8 Look at the you tube video, does that look like a bad motor? NO & NO SMOKE, Your Bad Dennis. Go to post #20 - YOU said it picked up 45 HP. Go to post # 21 on 6-10-10 YOU posted its making 636 HP, 532 TQ, 18 lbs of boost. DOES THAT SOUND LIKE A SMOKING BAD ENGINE, NO The only thing bad is you !! YOU BLEW UP MY MOTOR THE THIRD WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 2010 DENNIS YOU SHOULD BE LOCKED UP

5/30/2010 this was the motor he never fully rebuilt if I blew it up why did he not charge me for it??

jflave
11-13-2011, 09:11 PM
Let’s address the issues for the purpose of bringing clarity to the situation:
1) My car was in pristine shape when it arrived at your shop 5/20/10 with 33,000 miles. This is confirmed by you in your text and photos contained in your jflave post thread started in June, 2010. At no time did I approve you using my car as your personal vehicle to drive back and forth to work. Why would I? You knew my car was a garage queen and was never left outside or subject to weather; you knew this and yet you drove my car 4,000 miles. How could you possibly think this was okay? How is this for diagnostic purposes? You admit you did this for a full year. To add insult to injury my car was returned with significant exterior damage as documented on the Auto Transport Vehicle Condition report. This is a major change from when you took possession of my car as documented by your posts and the original delivery document (the car had zero exterior issues). The value of my car is greatly reduced because of the extensive exterior damage, excessive mileage and numerous mechanical problems. We all know a car’s value is directly related to the car’s appearance, mileage and performance. To be clear my car’s appearance is dismal and to cite one of many items caused by you, the hood is not the same color, it is not the one that it arrived with and as a result it does not fit properly. This is all beaten by the fact that my engine was blown when it was returned to me. I sent you a diamond to be fine cut and you returned a piece of coal.
2) You ask why I don’t trust you. You sent me a transmission that is not what you removed from my car. I purchased a transmission to be installed by you that was built by Darren at BC Automotive in addition you were to install a 3500 triple disc torque converter (PI). My original transmission was to be returned immediately and over a year later you still did not return it with the car as promised (to avoid shipping cost). It was shipped later however and upon inspection by the original installer and a check of the tag number on the trans it is confirmed this is not my transmission. The transmission returned is high mileage and in poor condition as compared to my low mileage and good condition trans. I also found my one (1) inch intake spacer (not three as you stated) on another member’s car LJon24s. LJon24s car was being worked on the same time as mine. I did however approve the sale of my supercharger head and 3100 PI torque converter. You sold both for $1400 and I have never received the proceeds from the sale. I approved a 10% sale fee not 100%. Many other parts are still unaccounted for as I indicated in my earlier post. There are many more items I could go into however in the interest of brevity I will not go into more detail.
3) I am submitting a settlement summary document in the interest of a rapid conclusion to this whole problem. Electric Meziere water pump+shipping shipping partwp349s $635.00 Custom made 1” intake spacer $480.00 Flanagan’s repair bill $870.00 Fox Lake built motor $12,291.00 Fox Lake rebuild motor $4,557.00 Used stock transmission $1,500.00 2 SCT tuners X-3 $780.00 2 step + BAP $450.00 14” brake kit (F/R) $2,000.00 used undamaged rear bumper cover $800.00 Fiberglass cow hood (painted) $1,200.00 Alternator with 8 rib pulley $400.00 4,000 miles (priceless) $5,000.00 Front end replacement $3,000.00 Tailpipe/muffler repair/realignment $500.00 coil wires $245.00 Polish MM wheel w/ new tire $350.00 Lower intake $300.00 Extrude hone $800.00
Total Due: $36,158.00

This settlement offer is good until Friday, November 18th. After Friday I will start legal proceedings against you for reimbursement for the items listed as well as consequential damages. In addition I will turn this information over to the Local and Federal authorities since this activity crosses state lines.
In the interest of a rapid conclusion to this matter I will consider this issue closed based your positive ageement on or prior to November 18th and a cash payment (certified check) of $36,158 within two (2) weeks of our mutual agreement.
I await your reply.
jflave

Dennis Reinhart
11-14-2011, 09:54 AM
Let’s address the issues for the purpose of bringing clarity to the situation:
1) My car was in pristine shape when it arrived at your shop 5/20/10 with 33,000 miles.

And I am trying to do the right thing, no shop would agree to all that you wrote here, the bumper and hood and the transmission the rim is all correct. And I will take care of this.

So let’s don’t forget to tell why it was sent here in the first place this keeps not being mentioned, it ran terrible would not make a decent run at the track after being tuned in NJ you broke the engine in with a 10 to 1 AF glazing all the cylinders and Fox Lake replaced all 8 pistons and a oil pump contaminated with metal, the pump and pistons are still here. You sent them to me or did you forget that. I could send them to the manufacturer and have them send a statement which is not needed.
This is the engine installed in NJ not Dennis Reinhart. Then FoxLake left the plug out in the front of the block filling the motor with Antifreeze then they admit they never tore the engine down completely, only blew it out with shop air.
Then it had lifter noise and was sent back he rebuilt it and put 8 new pistons in it and neither of us was billed and I paid all shipping.
You can demand a refund from FoxLake.

This is confirmed by you in your text and photos contained in your jflave post thread started in June, 2010. At no time did I approve you using my car as your personal vehicle to drive back and forth to work. Why would I? You knew my car was a garage queen and was never left outside or subject to weather; you knew this and yet you drove my car 4,000 miles. How could you possibly think this was okay? How is this for diagnostic purposes? You admit you did this for a full year.

No John the car had the engine in and out three times in that year and was at FoxLake at least 5 months if not longer. It was out three times do to FoxLakes errors?Your car never ran for a full year you stated at dinner you thought I would have put, more miles on it,so subtract 800 each for brake in 3 = 2400 minus 4K this leaves 1600 and subtract the mileage to and from Gainesville. And driving it to dinner.

To add insult to injury my car was returned with significant exterior damage as documented on the Auto Transport Vehicle Condition report. This is a major change from when you took possession of my car as documented by your posts and the original delivery document (the car had zero exterior issues). The value of my car is greatly reduced because of the extensive exterior damage, excessive mileage and numerous mechanical problems. We all know a car’s value is directly related to the car’s appearance, mileage and performance. To be clear my car’s appearance is dismal and to cite one of many items caused by you, the hood is not the same color, it is not the one that it arrived with and as a result it does not fit properly. This is all beaten by the fact that my engine was blown when it was returned to me. I sent you a diamond to be fine cut and you returned a piece of coal.

2) You ask why I don’t trust you. You sent me a transmission that is not what you removed from my car. I purchased a transmission to be installed by you that was built by Darren at BC Automotive in addition you were to install a 3500 triple disc torque converter (PI). My original transmission was to be returned immediately and over a year later you still did not return it with the car as promised (to avoid shipping cost). It was shipped later however and upon inspection by the original installer and a check of the tag number on the trans it is confirmed this is not my transmission. The transmission returned is high mileage and in poor condition as compared to my low mileage and good condition trans.

So I made a mistake just send me the vin number the transmission is probably still here on the floor. If not I will replace it after I receive the old one back. I will pay the shipping.

Dennis Reinhart
11-14-2011, 06:18 PM
I also found my one (1) inch intake spacer (not three as you stated. on another member’s car LJon24s. LJon24s car was being worked on the same time as mine.

1” not three my mistake that did nothing for the car but ruin the intake and force you to buy a poor fitting fiberglass hood.)

John Larry’s intake is shown with a standard ¼” PHP space not a 1" it never had yours on there it was in Michigan found your 1" spacer it was never installed on any ones car, there hood would not close, I sent it there so I could have them make the 1/4” PHP spacer I now sell and Carl forgot to send it back so I did not steal it. So you owe me an apology for that. He will provide email confirmation and confirm every word of this, if you so desire. And he has sent the spacer back you. So Deduct that.

I did however approve the sale of my supercharger head and 3100 PI torque converter. You sold both for $1400 and I have never received the proceeds from the sale. I approved a 10% sale fee not 100%. Many other parts are still unaccounted for as I indicated in my earlier post. There are many more items I could go into however in the interest of brevity I will not go into more detail.

3) I am submitting a settlement summary document in the interest of a rapid conclusion to this whole problem. Electric Mezirie water pump+shipping shipping partwp349s $635.00 Custom made 1” intake spacer $480.00 the spacer was found and is on the way back to you as we speak you should have a email tracking of that.

Your water pump I just spoke to Gregg at Mezirie you bought it in 6/4/2009 so guess what John, it was out of warranty it was sent to Kasper's Corner. So the one you just received, the reason why you were billed retail is they billed it to Dennis Reinhardt in another State who was a retail customer, so you owe me a apology for that they are crediting your account. And I paid the shipping so take that off your list please. Gregg is sending the invoice and an email stating all of the above.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1321360863-JLWRONGBILLING.JPG

Flanagan’s repair bill $870.00 Fox Lake built motor $12,291.00
I will not pay for the motor that’s between you and Fox Lake, I will refund the brake kit and the two new Xcall threes have been sent, the two step I will find and send as well.

(F/R) $2,000.00 used undamaged rear bumper cover $800.00 I will buy a new cover You must send your old one back.

Fiberglass cow hood (painted) $1,200.00 Alternator with 8 rib pulley $400.00 4,000 miles (priceless)

John you were over nighted a new alternator have you forgot this.

The hood never fit properly when sent here you want to deny that fine. I will get a statement from the body shop here that painted it, it had a small crack in it and that was it, I will pay to have it painted not replaced.

$5,000.00 Front end replacement.
Front end replacement for what, cracked lower ball joint boots for a car that is eight years old come on John lets try and be fair here.

$3,000.00 Tailpipe/muffler repair/realignment

This is a complete joke that any one with common sense can see, I unbolted the exhaust to remove the engine, it still has your mufflers and tail pipes, there no bent or mangled and you’re telling me and the members it cost 3000 dollars to align the exhaust?? And you inspected the exhaust while you were here, and you inspected the undercoating.

$500.00 coil wires
The car has coils, not wires, and they are yours they were stock Ford coils.

$245.00 Polish MM wheel w/ new tire $350.00
I will send this after I get the old one back.

Lower intake.
$300.00 Extrude hone $800.00
The intake was ruined in NJ by installing threaded SAE rods instead of metric rods, instead of sourcing either longer bolts. I sent you pictures, this was done in NJ you take that up with them.

They also installed one of Aero motives largest return style pumps they drilled a hole in the bottom of your tank, and added a dash 8 bulk head fitting, never installing a sump that would could have led to engine failure I have the tank and will post the pictures.

Here is the right way I did it I will post the stupid way it came here tomorrow.
http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1279583397-a1000.jpg

Here is how they did it and sent it here.
http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1321368725-jltanknosump.jpg

I sent you over night a brand new chrome alternator, so you need to send the old one back, as promised. That could be misconstrued as theft as the spacer you accused me of.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1321319676-Johnspump.JPG

Sorry forgot the 1 in your email

Sent: Monday, November 14, 2011 5:01 PM
To: 'dreinhart@aol.com'
Subject: Mezirie Invoice follow-up

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your call earlier today regarding the confusion on the attached invoice. As you can see the order was shipped on another Dennis Reinhardt account based out of Minnesota. (I now see it’s spelled a bit different)
When you placed the order on 10-18-11 in my haste to get it on the truck I entered this account by mistake. Good thing is it got to John Lavelle at the correct address and another good thing is the pricing was different as you are set up in our system with a discount based on a large buy-in.
I will credit John Lavelle the 152.96 the discounted difference along with the 114.00 for the Next day air you asked me to bill to your account when you placed the order. (Total of 266.96).
I will then re-invoice you for the 114.00 next day air charges.

I’m very sorry for the mix-up and please pass on my apology to John .

Our office manager is out today with the flu but I will make sure this gets handled as soon as she returns.

Take care and thank you for understanding.

Greg Krause
Meziere Enterprises Inc.
760-746-3273

jflave
11-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Received a E Mail at 3:03 PM today from DR, no way you must be joking. This matter is going to the COURTS, yes i know your a LLC, yes i know your in Fl. yes i know it will take a long time & a lot of leg work & traveling. I'am GAME. :)