PDA

View Full Version : Car Stalling Right After Stalling

madbikeskilz
11-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here. Here is my issue, i can the start the car but as soon as it starts about a second later all the dash lights come on and the car stalls. This happened a few weeks ago but it would randomly stay started sometimes and i got it down to the shop where they ended up just putting in a new fuel pump relay. It seemed like it was good to go for the bunch of times i took it out since then but recently it started all over again, except this time it always stalls i never get lucky have it sit there and run. I just got a new battery to see if that would help since i got that tested and it was showing it needed to be replaced since it was an original battery with the car. Hopefully someone can help cause i dont want to keep bringing it to the shop if its somthing simple i can do. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Here is a video i took from the inside of the dash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9vko_ov1CM

Ahh im a fool for screwing up the thread title!

babbage
11-10-2011, 02:21 PM
When is the last time you changed the fuel filter?
Also suspect is your IAC (Idle Air Control) if that's gone it could cause a stall.

Blackened300a
11-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Your check engine light is on. Have you checked the code to see if that may be your issue? Intake tube tight? MAF plugged in?

OEFMARAUDERLOVE
12-25-2020, 12:42 PM
I am having the same problem
I returned from deployment and I changed the battery and alternator and now I have the exact same symptoms
I even changed the fuel filter but to no avail

OEFMARAUDERLOVE
12-25-2020, 02:34 PM
it was a vaccum leak, i must have hit the pcv and hose while installing the alternator