PDA

View Full Version : NY/NJ/CT - February Get Together

MENINBLK
01-21-2004, 08:07 PM
Looking ahead a little, I can see that VALENTINE"S DAY falls on a Saturday.
So I guess that toasts the second weekend in February.

Would we rather get together earlier or later in the month ?
The dates would be....

2/7 or 2/8
2/21 or 2/22

Same Bat Time...Same Bat Location...

03SILVERSTREAK
01-21-2004, 08:28 PM

The dates would be....

2/7 or 2/8
2/21 or 2/22

Same Bat Time...Same Bat Location...I might be swayed this time considering that my job steped in at the last hour before the last meet and bungled my plans...:beer:

jgc61sr2002
01-21-2004, 08:31 PM
I'am ready for another meet. How about a different location? :D

Bigdogjim
01-21-2004, 08:38 PM
If you want to John but, Yonkers is cool setting (no weather pun intended)

I like teh way teh place is tucked away:)

martyo
01-21-2004, 08:38 PM
I'am ready for another meet. How about a different location? :D
Yeah, let's due something closer to my house!

jgc61sr2002
01-21-2004, 08:48 PM
Yeah, let's due something closer to my house! Unless we meet in your driveway you couldn't get much closer. :)

Bigdogjim
01-21-2004, 09:13 PM
Unless we meet in your driveway you couldn't get much closer. :)

Hey guys I am the one doing all driving:) Try it you''ll like it

:beer: :banana: :banana:

Krytin
01-22-2004, 04:34 AM
So far , I've just been reading these threads on the meetings you all have been having. You have been having a lot of fun with them and I was wondering if you would mind another guest at your next one? Latter in the month is better and I don't mind driving - that is the fun part!

Marauder
01-22-2004, 06:44 AM
I can do any of those days but prefer Saturdays. :D

martyo
01-22-2004, 06:46 AM
I agree with Danny!

TripleG
01-22-2004, 08:56 AM

I can do any Saturday too. It's all about location location location. Any place will do, as long as it's near a highway.

jrzygrl
01-22-2004, 04:40 PM

The dates would be....

2/7 or 2/8
2/21 or 2/22

Same Bat Time...Same Bat Location... I know you're all talking about a Feb. meet and Saturdays are good, but would all you Easterners consider Sunday the 16th near Tinton Falls NJ? I'll be in town and I'm looking for some MM'ers to do a late breakfast thing with? (We will be at a wedding reception on Saturday and we'll be recovering a bit in the early morning). We'll be at the Courtyard in Tinton Falls, anything good to eat at near there? Just a thought....... :rock:

Bigdogjim
01-22-2004, 05:09 PM
So far , I've just been reading these threads on the meetings you all have been having. You have been having a lot of fun with them and I was wondering if you would mind another guest at your next one? Latter in the month is better and I don't mind driving - that is the fun part!

Yes that the way to go! "Have Marauder will travel" Come join in the fun! you are more than welcome!

Bigdogjim
01-22-2004, 05:13 PM
I know you're all talking about a Feb. meet and Saturdays are good, but would all you Easterners consider Sunday the 16th near Tinton Falls NJ? I'll be in town and I'm looking for some MM'ers to do a late breakfast thing with? (We will be at a wedding reception on Saturday and we'll be recovering a bit in the early morning). We'll be at the Courtyard in Tinton Falls, anything good to eat at near there? Just a thought....... :rock:

Hey we did not foget you! Hell we'll do two meets if we need to:)

MENINBLK
01-22-2004, 07:46 PM
I know you're all talking about a Feb. meet and Saturdays are good, but would all you Easterners consider Sunday the 16th near Tinton Falls NJ? I'll be in town and I'm looking for some MM'ers to do a late breakfast thing with? (We will be at a wedding reception on Saturday and we'll be recovering a bit in the early morning). We'll be at the Courtyard in Tinton Falls, anything good to eat at near there? Just a thought....... :rock:

You've must have started the party early...
Sunday is Feb. 15th and Monday is Feb. 16th... :help:

Krytin
01-22-2004, 08:07 PM
I've been to Tinton Falls - Company Christmas Party over 15 years ago! Still know where it is. A little further than Yonkers but doable!

MENINBLK
01-23-2004, 10:30 AM
The dates would be....

2/7 or 2/8
2/21 or 2/22

I have to schedule this in my dates for February since I work on the weekends.
If we wait until later in February, the chances of good weather are better than earlier in February.
Does everyone agree with this ?

I am going to lead the votes and say that we look at February 21st as the tentative date.
Either Benigans in Yonkers, or a mutually agreed spot in New Jersey
(weather permitting for us NY peeps).

We also haven't heard anything from Troopcar, so I am wondering if this date is good for him also.

Cast your votes !!! :rock:

martyo
01-23-2004, 02:19 PM
We also haven't heard anything from Troopcar, so I am wondering if this date is good for him also.
Troopcar is a "her."

I am good on the 21st.

jgc61sr2002
01-23-2004, 02:28 PM
Feb.21 looks good to me. :D :up:

Bigdogjim
01-23-2004, 02:34 PM
I would like to ask if we can hold off on confirming a date till troopcar check with JRZYGRL on when she will in Tinton Fall, NJ

THANKS

troopcar
01-23-2004, 04:06 PM
Hey everyone,
February 21st is fine with me (and so are the other dates).

Regarding JRZYGRL's visit to NJ, I think what she has in mind is to possibly have a get-together in the Tinton Falls area around noonish on Sunday, February 15th. Don't know if y'all would want to consider that the February meet or to make that an additional meet for anyone interested. It's an "and/or" question. So, the choices thus far seem to be:

1. Meet @ Bennigan's or elsewhere on Saturday, 2/21

and/or

2. Meet in Tinton Falls, NJ on Sunday, 2/15 (this date is OK for me, also)

I'll answer JRZYGRL's PM to me when I get off work. I personally know very little about Tinton Falls, so would not be able to help pick out a good spot for a meet there. Maybe someone more familiar could suggest a spot that has good Marauder parking?

Actually the big thing with me is the weather. As Marty mentioned in another thread, I also don't want to drive the Marauder around in the salt-encrusted northeast.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/q/weep.gif Should we come up with a back-up snow date as well?

What does everyone think: one meet or two? (I can do both as long as roads are clean.)

Later,

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/950/captain.gif

troopcar

Krytin
01-23-2004, 04:43 PM
I can do the 21rst for sure - any location, 15th in NJ maybe. Weather no problem - mine is a daily driver and it goes out if the roads are even remotely passable. Have driven every storm since winter '02 with the big Goodrich's w/no problem.

jrzygrl
01-23-2004, 05:01 PM
You've must have started the party early...
Sunday is Feb. 15th and Monday is Feb. 16th... :help: Whoops!! My Bad!! It would be Sunday the 15th...We'll be in Philly on Monday, thanks!!

jrzygrl
01-23-2004, 05:06 PM
Whoops!! My Bad!! It would be Sunday the 15th...We'll be in Philly on Monday, thanks!! Not that I wanted to reply to my own post, but, I haven't got this new set up quite figured out yet, my blondness taking over again...As far as I'm concerned an MM isn't a requirement, any vehicle you're driving for the winter is fine,
I'm, looking to meet all you fine people, the car is a bonus!!!

MarauderMark
01-23-2004, 05:15 PM
Yes me and my wife might want to attend also if that would be ok.we want to be a part of this family.heh

jgc61sr2002
01-23-2004, 09:32 PM
Mark - You and your wife are more than welcome. :) :up:

martyo
01-23-2004, 09:41 PM
Well, if Lynn insists on meeting me, I guess I could make the 15th in NJ. Just let me know as soon as possible so I can plan accordingly.

jrzygrl
01-24-2004, 08:43 AM
I found a restaurant that opens at 11:30 in Tinton Falls called Charlie Browns Steakhouse. It's quaint and looks like it can accomodate some vehicles. Found it on Beachcombers.com website. If anyone has any other suggestions in the immediate area, by all means let me know..I'm game to driving the rental we'll be in a little ways from Tinton Falls if this doesn't work.
Just no flaming if we show up in a Monte Carlo SS or something..... :nono: :depress:

troopcar
01-24-2004, 11:26 AM
I found a restaurant that opens at 11:30 in Tinton Falls called Charlie Browns Steakhouse. It's quaint and looks like it can accomodate some vehicles. Found it on Beachcombers.com website. If anyone has any other suggestions in the immediate area, by all means let me know..I'm game to driving the rental we'll be in a little ways from Tinton Falls if this doesn't work.
Just no flaming if we show up in a Monte Carlo SS or something..... :nono: :depress:

We'd like to propose a get-together in Tinton Falls, NJ on Sunday, February 15th at 12 noon (will post addess later). This may work well for those who work on Saturday and can only do Sundays.

Please post if you can make it.

We can also plan a local meet for Saturday, February 21st at Bennigan's Yonkers or elsewhere in New York.

So what do y'all think? Hope most of you can fit it one or both on your calendars! Choice of two meets in one week! Maybe we can set a new record on MM.net . . .

:beer:

troopcar

jaywish
01-24-2004, 03:11 PM
Hi,

I know where Yonkers is but roughly where is Tinton Falls?

Jay

jrzygrl
01-24-2004, 03:19 PM
Hi,

I know where Yonkers is but roughly where is Tinton Falls?

Jay West of Asbury Park, in Monmouth Co. New Jersey. I believe Pam plans on posting directional information for Charlie Brown's Steakhouse in a future post..... :up:

jaywish
01-24-2004, 03:25 PM
Thank You. Who knows maybe I can escape the Sunday Honey Do list for a ride down to NJ.

nexstar7
01-24-2004, 03:32 PM
weather permitting ,i'll go. hey marauder nice photo. how did you get the lights to show a star like shine on the edges. looks cool. :rock:

jaywish
01-24-2004, 03:51 PM
weather permitting ,i'll go. hey marauder nice photo. how did you get the lights to show a star like shine on the edges. looks cool. :rock:

If it were a film camera it would be a Star filter.
I believe digital software can mimic that errect.
It is a nice shot.

Krytin
01-24-2004, 04:32 PM
I'm in for both dates (if no emergencies come up)!

Marauder
01-24-2004, 05:16 PM

I just used my Sony Mavica camera with an exposure of +1.3 EV at about 5pm. Just came out like that by accident. :D

nexstar7
01-24-2004, 05:24 PM
a marauder and a miracle. and in queens. go figure. ;)

Marauder
01-25-2004, 09:26 AM
a marauder and a miracle. and in queens. go figure. ;)

Hehehehehehe......

We should have another pre-snow minimeet today!!! :D

Bigdogjim
01-25-2004, 08:20 PM
We'd like to propose a get-together in Tinton Falls, NJ on Sunday, February 15th at 12 noon (will post addess later). This may work well for those who work on Saturday and can only do Sundays.

Please post if you can make it.

We can also plan a local meet for Saturday, February 21st at Bennigan's Yonkers or elsewhere in New York.

So what do y'all think? Hope most of you can fit it one or both on your calendars! Choice of two meets in one week! Maybe we can set a new record on MM.net . . .

troopcar
I say let's go for it!:banana: I am up for it!!:bounce:

Count me in:beer:

Two is always better than one:banana: :banana:

03SILVERSTREAK
01-25-2004, 08:29 PM
Hey everyone,
February 21st is fine with me (and so are the other dates).

Regarding JRZYGRL's visit to NJ, I think what she has in mind is to possibly have a get-together in the Tinton Falls area around noonish on Sunday, February 15th. Don't know if y'all would want to consider that the February meet or to make that an additional meet for anyone interested. It's an "and/or" question. So, the choices thus far seem to be:

1. Meet @ Bennigan's or elsewhere on Saturday, 2/21

and/or

2. Meet in Tinton Falls, NJ on Sunday, 2/15 (this date is OK for me, also)

I'll answer JRZYGRL's PM to me when I get off work. I personally know very little about Tinton Falls, so would not be able to help pick out a good spot for a meet there. Maybe someone more familiar could suggest a spot that has good Marauder parking?

Actually the big thing with me is the weather. As Marty mentioned in another thread, I also don't want to drive the Marauder around in the salt-encrusted northeast.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/q/weep.gif Should we come up with a back-up snow date as well?

What does everyone think: one meet or two? (I can do both as long as roads are clean.)

Later,

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/950/captain.gif

troopcar
I believe that I can do both Pending my scheduled(were is the spell check:P ) work Hours for the saturday meet...:coolman:

Marauder
01-26-2004, 11:25 AM
I believe that I can do both Pending my scheduled(were is the spell check:P ) work Hours for the saturday meet...:coolman:

Can't make the 14th or 15th. I'll be in Vegas. I return the following Friday.

jgc61sr2002
01-26-2004, 08:49 PM
Either date is good for me. :rock:

MarauderMark
01-26-2004, 10:00 PM
Well either date would be ok fer me too .but im coming from md so i would rather be at the one that would be closer.forget that !! either will be fine for me and the misses.and we will be suited in black mm.

Bigdogjim
01-26-2004, 10:22 PM
Either date is good for me. :rock:

Try both date!:banana: :beer:

You'll like it:rock: :beer:

Bigdogjim
01-26-2004, 10:23 PM
Well either date would be ok fer me too .but im coming from md so i would rather be at the one that would be closer.forget that !! either will be fine for me and the misses.and we will be suited in black mm.

That would be Tinton Falls, NJ:beer:

It goes without saying your welcome at both!:banana: :banana:

MarauderMark
01-26-2004, 10:36 PM
Thanx bigdog..well i hope ya'll give out addresses so i can yahoo them for directions..never been to tinton falls before..

troopcar
01-27-2004, 08:54 AM
Hey marauderers,

Here's the location for the February 15th Jersey meet:

Sunday, February 15th
12 noon
Charlie Brown's Steakhouse
1202 Sycamore Avenue
Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
732-460-1160

I called them to make sure they had their own parking lot (no street parking for these travelin' Marauders http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/j0/clever.gif). Besides, it's too hard to get a group shot on the street!

Here's the link for directions:

Directions to Tinton Falls (http://www.charliebrowns.com/index2.htm)

Now all we need are clean roads. By the way, how 'bout the rest of the Jersey marauders? C'mon, we know that folks in Jersey love nothing better than hittin' the road on a Saturday or Sunday with their favorite ride (something to do with "Born to Run" maybe). How do I know? Years of sitting in traffic on the turnpike or GSP trying to get to south Jersey or the beach. But it was always worth it. So c'mon out!

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/f/wiggle.gif
troopcar

troopcar
01-27-2004, 09:08 AM
OK, I just discovered that the link for Tinton Falls won't take you to the directions for one particular restaurant like other websites do. So, when you're on the home page, click on "Directions to our Restaurants" on the left side. Then, on the new page, scroll down to the "Southern New Jersey" section and click on "Tinton Falls." Gives directions from various roads.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/2/nervous.gif
troopcar

Marauder
01-27-2004, 02:01 PM
:censor: Can't make that meet unless when do video confernecing....haha. I leave for Vegas the 14th.

jgc61sr2002
01-27-2004, 02:21 PM
Try both date!:banana: :beer:

You'll like it:rock: :beer:
Jim - Hope the weather gets better. Expecting 12 to 15 inches of snow tonight. :(

jrzygrl
01-27-2004, 06:21 PM
This sounds like a good group could be forming here. Thanks Pam for doing all the "legwork"!!!! Look forward to meeting up with anyone who makes it. Like I said before, MM's are not a requirement due to weather, but definitely a bonus... :beer:

MarauderMark
01-27-2004, 07:44 PM
Welp we'll be there !!!maybe a little late but not by much.gettin up early on a sunday Errrrrr but well do it..Damn im lookin forward allreay...and we will be dressed in mm outfit...see ya'll soon..

Bigdogjim
01-27-2004, 09:09 PM
Thanx bigdog..well i hope ya'll give out addresses so i can yahoo them for directions..never been to tinton falls before..
I will pm my cell phone # and we can hook up some where on the NJTP:)

Safety in numbers:):):):banana: :banana:

MENINBLK
01-30-2004, 09:03 AM
Hello All,

Sorry I haven't been more engaged with this conversation, I just got back
from being in the hospital with a serious case of walking pneumonia.
6 days of intraveneous antibiotics is not something I would wish on anyone...

Following the conversation, it looks like we are having TWO meets in February ???

2/15 - Charlie Brown's Steakhouse, Tinton Falls, NJ
2/21 - Benigans Restuarant, Yonkers, NY

I presume that both of these meets are taking place at 12:00 noon ???

The ride from Benigan's, Yonkers, NY to Charlie Brown's, Tinton Falls, NJ shoud take use about 1 hour 20 minutes according to Mapquest...
MAPQUEST DIRECTIONS (http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?do=rev&1g=w6MHWKOhurg%3d&1y=US&2a=2%20Executive%20Plz&1z=07724%2d3209&mo=ma&2s=NY&2c=Yonkers&1l=cQuALEEQ36g%3d&1ex=1&cl=EN&2ex=1&1n=MONMOUTH%20COUNTY&src=maps&2g=DLK4BnIhX8I%3d&did=1075477728&1a=1202%20Sycamore%20Ave&un=m&2y=US&2z=10701%2d6801&1s=NJ&1c=Tinton%20Falls&2l=gvuh%2fjXJWCA%3d&go=1&ct=NA)

All of us starting from Westchester can meet at Benigan's at 10 am, and process to NJ,
meeting up with those traveling from Northern NJ at the Vince Lombardi Rest Area off the NJ Turnpike.
Is the Vince Lombardi rest area convenient for our Northern NJ MM Owners ???
Vince Lombardi Rest Area (http://www.state.nj.us/turnpike/nj-vcenter-lombardi.htm)

We can also stop at the Thomas Edison Rest Area by Exit 11, off the Turnpike, if anyone requests us to...
Thomas Edison Rest Area (http://www.state.nj.us/turnpike/nj-vcenter-edison.htm) <<<--- :bows: STARBUCKS

We can leave from Vince Lombardi at 10:30am and leave from Thomas Edison at 11:00am.
That should put us all at Charlie Brown's for 11:30am, give or take any incidents and weather permitting...

Does this sound like a good plan for all ???

p.s. Westchester MM Owners...
Since we will be travelling through New Jersey, I suggest that you put off purchasing any fuel on that day, until we are returning to New York.
The cheapest fuel in New Jersey can be found on Route 4, just before we cross back over the GW into New York.

03SILVERSTREAK
01-30-2004, 10:37 AM
Hello All,

Sorry I haven't been more engaged with this conversation, I just got back
from being in the hospital with a serious case of walking pneumonia.
6 days of intraveneous antibiotics is not something I would wish on anyone...

Following the conversation, it looks like we are having TWO meets in February ???

I presume that both of these meets are taking place at 12:00 noon ???

The ride from Benigan's, Yonkers, NY to Charlie Brown's, Tinton Falls, NJ shoud take use about 1 hour 20 minutes according to Mapquest...
MAPQUEST DIRECTIONS (http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?do=rev&1g=w6MHWKOhurg%3d&1y=US&2a=2%20Executive%20Plz&1z=07724%2d3209&mo=ma&2s=NY&2c=Yonkers&1l=cQuALEEQ36g%3d&1ex=1&cl=EN&2ex=1&1n=MONMOUTH%20COUNTY&src=maps&2g=DLK4BnIhX8I%3d&did=1075477728&1a=1202%20Sycamore%20Ave&un=m&2y=US&2z=10701%2d6801&1s=NJ&1c=Tinton%20Falls&2l=gvuh%2fjXJWCA%3d&go=1&ct=NA)

All of us starting from Westchester can meet at Benigan's at 10 am, and process to NJ,
meeting up with those traveling from Northern NJ at the Vince Lombardi Rest Area off the NJ Turnpike.
Is the Vince Lombardi rest area convenient for our Northern NJ MM Owners ???
Vince Lombardi Rest Area (http://www.state.nj.us/turnpike/nj-vcenter-lombardi.htm)

We can also stop at the Thomas Edison Rest Area by Exit 11, off the Turnpike, if anyone requests us to...
Thomas Edison Rest Area (http://www.state.nj.us/turnpike/nj-vcenter-edison.htm)

We can leave from Vince Lombardi at 10:30am and leave from Thomas Edison at 11:00am.
That should put us all at Charlie Brown's for 11:30am, give or take any incidents and weather permitting...

Does this sound like a good plan for all ???

p.s. Westchester MM Owners...
Since we will be travelling through New Jersey, I suggest that you put off purchasing any fuel on that day, until we are returning to New York.
The cheapest fuel in New Jersey can be found on Route 4, just before we cross back over the GW into New York.
Man-this is sounding better and better than the previous get together.:rock: :D :banana2: :bounce:

jrzygrl
01-30-2004, 05:33 PM
Man Oh Man!!! I am pumped for this thing to happen!! I only hope the weather holds out and there isn't a foot of snow that day....that would S*CK!
So, what is the head count at this point? Anyone actually keeping track?

Marauder
01-30-2004, 09:16 PM
I'll be there the 21st....15th I'll be in Vegas.

martyo
01-31-2004, 05:55 AM
More likely than not I will be there. I will try to make both, but I am definietly not going to miss an opportunity to meet Lynn in person, even if it means I have to take my Durango!

jrzygrl
01-31-2004, 12:24 PM
;) is all I'm gonna' say!!!!!!!!

Bigdogjim
01-31-2004, 03:02 PM

Big Dog's in for both:):)

jgc61sr2002
01-31-2004, 03:49 PM
I hope to make them both. Weather permitting. :D

MENINBLK
02-02-2004, 11:42 AM
Here is how it is shaking down so far...

2/15 - Charlie Brown's, Tinton Falls, NJ
(12)
MENINBLK
jaywish
nexstar7
Krytin
troopcar
MarauderMark
ADELG670
jrzygrl
martyo
Bigdogjim
jgc61sr2002
tbore007

2/21 - Benigan's (Executive Park), Yonkers, NY
(12)
MENINBLK
TripleG
nexstar7
jaywish
Krytin
troopcar
ADELG670
Marauder
martyo
Bigdogjim
jgc61sr2002
tbore007

tbore007
02-02-2004, 02:01 PM
hey what about me.....i havnt checked this tread in a while..my bad..im going to try to make both..count me in.......

tbore007
02-02-2004, 02:05 PM
hey,,wheres effster..we have to try to get all four colors together...also if anyone wants to convoy PM me....

Bigdogjim
02-02-2004, 06:22 PM
hey what about me.....i havnt checked this tread in a while..my bad..im going to try to make both..count me in.......
Hey don't panic! We got you covered:)

Always room for one more:bounce:

gja
02-02-2004, 08:17 PM
Post me in for a seat.
I am on board for BOTH!
Anyone want to convoy, well.......my driving scares everyone.
So we can meet up and I will follow, as you all seem to have trouble following my flight course.

jgc61sr2002
02-02-2004, 08:36 PM
Hope the weather holds out. Felt like spring today. Nice to see the snow finally melting. :banana2:

Elsalsero
02-03-2004, 06:55 AM
it will be nice meet in any sunday`s l work on saturday`s convoy sound go too! :rock:

MENINBLK
02-03-2004, 11:50 AM

(14)
MENINBLK
jaywish
nexstar7
Krytin
troopcar
MarauderMark
ADELG670
jrzygrl
martyo
Bigdogjim
jgc61sr2002
tbore007
gja
69Marauder

(14)
MENINBLK
TripleG
nexstar7
jaywish
Krytin
troopcar
ADELG670
Marauder
martyo
Bigdogjim
jgc61sr2002
tbore007
gja
69Marauder

jrzygrl
02-03-2004, 02:37 PM
Thanks Men-In Black for being the official tab-taker...I will feel a bit honored to be in the prescence of so many MM'ers!!!! :up:

martyo
02-03-2004, 02:38 PM

(13)
MENINBLK
jaywish
nexstar7
Krytin
troopcar
MarauderMark
ADELG670
jrzygrl
martyo
Bigdogjim
jgc61sr2002
tbore007
gja

(13)
MENINBLK
TripleG
nexstar7
jaywish
Krytin
troopcar
ADELG670
Marauder
martyo
Bigdogjim
jgc61sr2002
tbore007
gja
The 21st works. I may be a little "iffy" for the 15th but I am trying to work it out.

69Marauder
02-03-2004, 02:47 PM
I'm going to try to make the both of 'em too.

MarauderMark
02-03-2004, 05:17 PM
I may have some bad news as for me and the misses on the 15th.I just called ed (EC automotive) and he said now he cannot install the rear parts until the 13th so if he takes it in then .we will not be able to make it on the 15 as the van will not make IT F#@$!!! but i wont know till next week cause he might not do it then either..but if we dont make it then .then we will try for 21st.wish us luck..I am really lookin forward to this!!!!

04marauder
02-04-2004, 10:14 AM
What time on the 21st? I don't think I saw the time when I was looking through the posts. Sorry if it was there....Also, anymore get togethers at Hooters in east Meadow scheduled? Hopefully, I'll have my DTR by then.

troopcar
02-04-2004, 01:29 PM
What time on the 21st? I don't think I saw the time when I was looking through the posts. Sorry if it was there....Also, anymore get togethers at Hooters in east Meadow scheduled? Hopefully, I'll have my DTR by then.

12 noon on the 21st. Looks like it's happening @ Bennigan's off the Saw Mill River Parkway in Yonkers. I'll post map and directions when the date gets closer.

As far as Hooters in East Meadow, see if you can rally support for having the March meet there! As far as I know, it's OK for me.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/i/partysmiley.gif
troopcar

tbore007
02-04-2004, 01:40 PM
hooters always sounds good to me...hey 69marauder, which marauder are you going to bring..? if you bring the 69 i have to get a pic of my car next to yours...i think everyone would want that pic..you could charge each of us 5 bucks and make a killing...

martyo
02-04-2004, 01:47 PM
Does Lynn know that she is treating everyone on the 21st???

MM03MOK
02-04-2004, 01:58 PM
What? When she's back home? That's not very nice! ;)

martyo
02-04-2004, 02:05 PM
What? When she's back home? That's not very nice! ;)
When it comes to money, I am never nice! :D

troopcar
02-04-2004, 03:54 PM

Marty,
Did you mean she's treating at Tinton Falls on the 15th, or that she's treating remotely when the rest of us are at Bennigan's on the 21st? If it's remotely, don't forget to get her credit card number or a blank check (or a wad of cash)!

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/u/alieneyesa.gif
troopcar

jgc61sr2002
02-04-2004, 05:22 PM
Hooters in East Meadow sounds good. :D

nexstar7
02-04-2004, 06:15 PM
ok so HOOTERS is it .RIGHT GUYS! :rock: :banana2: :banana2: :banana2: :rock: :up:

jrzygrl
02-04-2004, 06:18 PM
Does Lynn know that she is treating everyone on the 21st???Marty, How am I treating when I'll be home on the 21st? I'll try to buy a round of brews on the 15th though (depends on how deep my hubby's pockets are that day) LOL....... :beer:

jrzygrl
02-04-2004, 06:25 PM
ok so HOOTERS is it .RIGHT GUYS! :rock: :banana2: :banana2: :banana2: :rock: :up:Hooters in March NEXSTAR K.....you'll start to confuse people otherwise.

TripleG
02-05-2004, 12:52 PM
The 21st works. I may be a little "iffy" for the 15th but I am trying to work it out.

Timing is everything! Family plans on the 21st, so I'm going to try to make the NJ one on the 15th.

Hope the weather cooperates!!!!!!!!!!

nexstar7
02-09-2004, 07:27 PM
so is it the 15th or the 21st? i think i missed something.

jgc61sr2002
02-09-2004, 07:36 PM
Tinton Falls on the 15th and Yonkers on the 21st. :up:

MENINBLK
02-10-2004, 08:36 AM
so is it the 15th or the 21st? i think i missed something.

There are TWO mets in February.

2/21 - Bennigan's (Executive Blvd), Yonkers, NY

Both meets are scheduled for 12:00 NOON :eek:

The CONVOY from Yonkers to Tinton Falls leaves Bennigan's at 10:00AM,
Sunday 2/15.

tbore007
02-12-2004, 12:41 PM
its going to be cold out there sunday...is everyone still in???

Bigdogjim
02-12-2004, 02:35 PM

By now you should be use to it! :lol:

It will warm inside:)

See you then:banana2:

MENINBLK
02-12-2004, 04:32 PM

Are you kidding ??
Cold is only in your head.
Living here in the northeast, you know it only gets cold
when the temp goes into the NEGATIVE INTEGERS...
Besides, we'll all be sitting inside Charlie Browns,
where it is nice and warm for ya...

jaywish
02-12-2004, 04:42 PM
No I don't think I'll be up for it this weekend but I should still be Ok for next.

See you all soon & have fun.

Jay

69Marauder
02-12-2004, 05:56 PM
I have something come up this weekend and I can't get out of it. I'm going to miss everybody, hopefully I'll be able to make the 21st. The 69 is still in the body shop (Good things take time, or so I'm told). Hope everyone has a great time Sunday. Bill White

merc
02-12-2004, 06:00 PM
Mrs. Merc and I may be at the Tinton NJ meet. I will not know till Saturday afternoon.

03SILVERSTREAK
02-13-2004, 04:32 AM
<HR style="COLOR: #dddddd" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Email-mercury@beanstalk.com (email-mercury@beanstalk.com)

Phone # is 1-800-613-3905
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++

Just received my Jacket 2-12-04 6-months later. I just about given up on it.
Real nice fit though, now I Wish the weather was warm enough to wear it this Sunday...:coolman:
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________<!-- / sig -->

martyo
02-13-2004, 06:08 AM
I have given my cell phone number to a bunch of the guys (and gals), but here it is again: 914-582-6262. Also, I will bring my FRS radio and will have that set to channel 5 with no side code. Will anyone else be bringing their FRS radios?

Bigdogjim
02-13-2004, 08:42 AM
I got wiper/light problems AGAIN!!!!

If they can't fix today then I am sorry but I wil not be their :alone: :mad:

TripleG
02-13-2004, 09:48 AM
There are TWO mets in February.

2/21 - Bennigan's (Executive Blvd), Yonkers, NY

Both meets are scheduled for 12:00 NOON :eek:

The CONVOY from Yonkers to Tinton Falls leaves Bennigan's at 10:00AM,
Sunday 2/15.

I'll be at Bennigan's at 10:00 AM. I'll get lost if I can't follow a CONVOY

merc
02-13-2004, 09:53 AM
I got wiper/light problems AGAIN!!!!

If they can't fix today then I am sorry but I wil not be their :alone: :mad:

Ok, what is the wiper light problem ? I have been having problems with my left headlight going very dim, on/and off. It seem to resolve itself by moving the wiper blades or turning the turn signals on, left or right.

Bigdogjim
02-13-2004, 03:13 PM
Ok, what is the wiper light problem ? I have been having problems with my left headlight going very dim, on/and off. It seem to resolve itself by moving the wiper blades or turning the turn signals on, left or right.

OK! Here is what is driving me nuts!!!!!!!

Wipers come on when they want to. The switch still works. Once the wiper start the headlight come on and will not shut off. You must turn the car off. Now most of the time as soon as you start the car up the wipers start again:mad:

The lights are OK? But the wipers sweeping a dry windshield on a sunny day:fire:

:sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: (the dealerships service department):baaa:

martyo
02-13-2004, 03:24 PM
The lights are OK? But the wipers sweeping a dry windshield on a sunny day:fire:
Pull the fuse and get your arse to the MMeet!! (that's advice of counsel for ya BDJ).

nexstar7
02-13-2004, 04:12 PM
i think iam going so far

Bigdogjim
02-14-2004, 12:00 AM
Hey marauderers,

Here's the location for the February 15th Jersey meet:

Sunday, February 15th
12 noon
1202 Sycamore Avenue
Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
732-460-1160

I called them to make sure they had their own parking lot (no street parking for these travelin' Marauders http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/j0/clever.gif). Besides, it's too hard to get a group shot on the street!

Here's the link for directions:

Directions to Tinton Falls (http://www.charliebrowns.com/index2.htm)

Now all we need are clean roads. By the way, how 'bout the rest of the Jersey marauders? C'mon, we know that folks in Jersey love nothing better than hittin' the road on a Saturday or Sunday with their favorite ride (something to do with "Born to Run" maybe). How do I know? Years of sitting in traffic on the turnpike or GSP trying to get to south Jersey or the beach. But it was always worth it. So c'mon out!

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/f/wiggle.gif
troopcarMM fixed (so far) I'll be their!! ( well their always a fish van):shake:

Weather in high 20's remember it was 3 in Yonkers, NY in January:)

Hell this will be a heat wave:banana2: :burnout:

MENINBLK
02-14-2004, 12:52 AM
Unless I wake up late on Sunday, I'll be at Benigan's between 9:30 am and 9:45 am.
Just look for the BIG BLACK car with 'MENINBLK' plates....

I'm sure you won't miss it.

My Cell Phone - (914) 441-5879.

MENINBLK
02-14-2004, 12:54 AM
I have given my cell phone number to a bunch of the guys (and gals), but here it is again: 914-582-6262. Also, I will bring my FRS radio and will have that set to channel 5 with no side code. Will anyone else be bringing their FRS radios?

What's a FRS Radio ?
Is it expensive ?

martyo
02-14-2004, 05:35 AM
What's a FRS Radio ?
Is it expensive ?$50 or so at Costco or equivalent for two with all the extras (charge, headset, etc.). I will bring mine and show you tomorrow.

Elsalsero
02-14-2004, 08:45 AM
Hi will thier be a convoy leaving out of Queens or Long island! :help: :help:

Constable
02-14-2004, 09:09 AM
Hey, all! I just saw this thread in time... I live right around the corner from Charlie Brown's! I'll be there for sure.

troopcar
02-14-2004, 10:32 AM
MENINBLK and others in convoy from Bennigan's --

I may have to leave for NJ from another location. But, if I CAN join the convoy, I'll be at Bennigan's a little before 10:00 a.m.

See y'all Sunday. Sounds like it'll be a great meet!

troopcar

P.S. Long-range forecast says it'll be in the 50's for our meet next Saturday the 21st @ Bennigan's in Yonkers! It's about time.

Bigdogjim
02-14-2004, 10:40 AM
Hey, all! I just saw this thread in time... I live right around the corner from Charlie Brown's! I'll be there for sure.
We were wondering what happened to you??:sleepy:

Great see you then:rock:

Weather will be "nice" (for the northeast in Feb.):bounce: :banana2:

Marauder
02-14-2004, 02:08 PM
We were wondering what happened to you??:sleepy:

Great see you then:rock:

Weather will be "nice" (for the northeast in Feb.):bounce: :banana2:

21st is still on right? I leave for Vegas in an hour but return on the 20th. :D

derik
02-14-2004, 04:24 PM
Jim,

Tell them to replace the multifunction switch. If they're anything like the switch in my '96 Sable, it may go through 4 in 5 years.

Krytin
02-14-2004, 05:04 PM
Sorry folks, due to unforseen problems with a plumbing/bathroom project, we will not be making the trip to Charlie Brown's tomorrow! We are still going to Bennigan's on the 21rst! Hope you all have a good time Sunday - wish we could be there!

MarauderMark
02-14-2004, 05:14 PM
Well me and wifeypoo will be leaving here about 9 to 930 am tomorrow morning since it'll take 2 hrs and lookin forward to meeting all of ya'll.any body need anything from this way give a holla....

Elsalsero
02-14-2004, 05:43 PM
Is their anyone leaving from the long island or queens side of town to made a convoy! :burnout:

jgc61sr2002
02-14-2004, 06:07 PM
See you all at CB's 12 noon tomorrow Sun. 2/15/2004. Tinton Falls, NJ. Charlie Browns 1202 Sycamore Ave. phone 732-460-1160. :beer:

nexstar7
02-14-2004, 06:14 PM
CAN'T WAIT. IT'S GOING TO BE FUN! :beer: :rock:

nexstar7
02-14-2004, 06:17 PM
ELSALSERO, deme una call. sorry my spelling sucks in english and in spanish. 646 423 8019 or 917 255 4583

merc
02-14-2004, 06:24 PM
Hola mis amigos. La sra. Merc y yo tienen una luz verde para el acontecimiento de domingos. Esperamos viendo ustedes en Nueva Jersey.

nexstar7
02-14-2004, 06:31 PM
estoy contento! :rock:

MM03MOK
02-14-2004, 06:39 PM
Hola mis amigos. La sra. Merc y yo tienen una luz verde para el acontecimiento de domingos. Esperamos viendo ustedes en Nueva Jersey.Entendía cada palabra. Tenga un rato maravilloso, todo. Voluntad alguien cuadros de la toma, por favor. :up:

nexstar7
02-14-2004, 06:41 PM
ooooooooooh i like! ;)

merc
02-14-2004, 07:09 PM
Entendía cada palabra. Tenga un rato maravilloso, todo. Voluntad alguien cuadros de la toma, por favor. :up:

Yo volenteer de voluntad para sacar fotografía y las películas del acontecimiento. Qué es la cabeza cuenta. ¿Vienen cuántas personas? Hágalo tiene una lista

Elsalsero
02-14-2004, 08:18 PM
ELSALSERO, deme una call. sorry my spelling sucks in english and in spanish. 646 423 8019 or 917 255 4583

Not bad ! :rasta:

Elsalsero
02-14-2004, 09:01 PM
for the one`s that are interested my phone is 917-662-7834. l wll be up and ready about 9:00 am :rasta: :coolman:

MENINBLK
02-14-2004, 10:50 PM
$50 or so at Costco or equivalent for two with all the extras (charge, headset, etc.). I will bring mine and show you tomorrow.

I picked up a set of Midland G-227 from Best Buy in Norwalk, CT today.
They ran me $50, but they have a 3 yr warranty from Midland,
and up to a 7 mile range...

I'll be bringing it tomorrow.

MENINBLK
02-14-2004, 11:34 PM
Here is my attendance list for Sunday 2/15...

Sunday, February 15th
12 noon
1202 Sycamore Avenue
Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
732-460-1160

(14)
MENINBLK (914) 441-5879 Yonkers
nexstar7
troopcar
MarauderMark
ADELG670 (800) 613-3905
jrzygrl
Bigdogjim
jgc61sr2002
tbore007
gja
merc
TripleG
Constable
Elsalsero (917) 662-7834 Long Island - Queens

The following Marauders should be leaving from Bennigan's Yonkers...

MENINBLK
troopcar
TripleG
ADELG670
martyo

The following Marauders should be leaving from Long Island - NYC

Tbore007
Elsalsero
gja
jgc61sr2002
sundaydog

Remember, if anyone gets lost or can't make the start points,
we will be stopping briefly at Vince Lombardi Rest Area (http://www.state.nj.us/turnpike/nj-vcenter-lombardi.htm) at 10:30 am,
and the Thomas Edison Rest Area (http://www.state.nj.us/turnpike/nj-vcenter-edison.htm) at 11:00 am. Both on the NJ Turnpike SOUTH.

I would print out this post and take it with you since it has some of our phone numbers on it.

If you have an FRS Radio, tune it to channel 5, no side code.

See everyone there tomorrow !!

Bigdogjim
02-15-2004, 08:02 AM
Cool ! Should be a great meet:rock:

Constable
02-15-2004, 09:43 AM
HEHE... It's 11:45 and I'm leaving my house... be there in 4 minutes!!

Constable
02-15-2004, 01:29 PM
It was nice to meet all of you, I hope you all got home ok. I might have to come out for next month's get-together. Take Care...

jgc61sr2002
02-15-2004, 03:50 PM
Just got home from another great meet in Tinton Falls, N.J. Mr and Mrs Merc from Va. & Maraudermark and Wife from Maryland are the long distance drivers. Lynn( jrsygirl) and her Husband from Ill. and the rest of the crew. A total of 12 Marauders present 1DTR, 1Silver and 10 black. A good time was had by all. Hope to see you all next Sat. in Yonkers,N.Y. Pictures to be posted in the gallery. :D :up:

MarauderMark
02-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Just got home from another great meet in Tinton Falls, N.J. Mr and Mrs Merc from Va. & Maraudermark and Wife from Maryland are the long distance drivers. Lynn( jrsygirl) and her Husband from Ill. and the rest of the crew. A total of 12 Marauders present 1DTR, 1Silver and 10 black. A good time was had by all. Hope to see you all next Sat. in Yonkers,N.Y. Pictures to be posted in the gallery. :D :up:
The best time we had in a long while.it was great meeting all of ya'll w/o using my fingers and acutally using my mouth :baaa: . this is something we have to do more often..oh i got all the home and my tire was flat i checked the tire to find a diamond earring in it .think i'll buy kooks now :lol: .. im just kidding well hope everyone got home safe especially constable WHEW!!! Sounded and looked great only wish i had a pic of it. Well lotsa love to you all..Mark & Peggy...

Elsalsero
02-15-2004, 06:27 PM
undefinedundefined
Well l just want to say that l had a great time with everyone that were there.
lt`s also good too know that other`s have the same kind of interest too.
Well until the next meet. Everyone BE SAFE.

merc
02-15-2004, 06:53 PM
Well,Pam and I just gone home at 8:00 p.m. Wow, we had a great time and very happy to meet all the Yankees from the North. Some people play trivial pursuit or cards for adult entertainment, but find the diamond in a school parking lot, that’s priceless. Also I finally got the hear the earth shaking kook headers, boy I have a long tube ceramic hard on now. This was Mark and Peggy’s first meet and I am sure not the last. They gave us escort back to Maryland with great style. I dropped off the pictures at Wal-Mart tonight and hope to have some posted tomorrow.

Thank for having us

Mrs. Merc & Merc

Mark & Pam

Bigdogjim
02-15-2004, 08:04 PM
It was good to see everone again!

Thanks to Merc (Mark&Pam) for traveling from Va.

MarauderMark & Peggy for making the trip from Md.

Lynn( jrsygirl) and her Husband Bill, great to meet you also. Safe flight back home:)

Troopcar was under the weather and we hope to see her in Yonkers next Saturday:):)

Ryan (Constable) that was without a doubt the best exit from a parking lot I/we have seen or HEARD in a long long time:):):):) (thanks)

MarauderMark
02-15-2004, 09:10 PM
It was good to see everone again!

Thanks to Merc (Mark&Pam) for traveling from Va.

MarauderMark & Peggy for making the trip from Md.

Lynn( jrsygirl) and her Husband Bill, great to meet you also. Safe flight back home:)

Troopcar was under the weather and we hope to see her in Yonkers next Saturday:):)

Ryan (Constable) that was without a doubt the best exit from a parking lot I/we have seen or HEARD in a long long time:):):):) (thanks)
i hope this works.;)

TripleG
02-16-2004, 05:36 AM
It was a great meet. Each time a special MM shows up, last time it was a MM with a Kenny Bell Supercharger and this time it was great to see the KOOK's in action and having :nono: no front license plate made me jealous.

The drive home was a slow go, from NJ Turnpike to Milford,CT. I should have followed Marty and gone north on 87. All in All it was a great trip and keeping in touch "priceless". :beer:

martyo
02-16-2004, 06:06 AM
I should have followed Marty and gone north on 87.
All: It was great to see everyone (as usual).

Ralph a/k/a "Eagle Eyes": Special thanks. The next beer or 2,000 are on me!!!

George: Sorry, I zigged at the last minute to jump on 87, but the Cross Bronx looked a bit dicey.

merc
02-16-2004, 10:16 AM
Damm, I can't upload the video of the meet in Tinton NJ because I am over the space limit. Logan I know the rules but, I am a Space HOG and would like to upload more movies and pictures. It's times like these I need a lawyer.

martyo
02-16-2004, 12:26 PM
It's times like these I need a lawyer.
The meter is running. What can I do for you?

merc
02-16-2004, 01:52 PM
The meter is running. What can I do for you?

I need to have my photo gallery limit raised another 4 megs so I can upload the Tinton N J video and pictures. What's your retainer fee and hourly rate ?

nexstar7
02-16-2004, 06:51 PM
i really had a good time with you guys. it's was nice to see some real out of towners with the same love and aspirations for there cars. :beer: as for the earring, i'am glad i could be of service. the look on your faces brought joy to me. that was my payment. thanks. :)

jgc61sr2002
02-16-2004, 08:47 PM
Are you all getting ready for the next meet in Yonkers on Sat.2/21/04. :up:

Bigdogjim
02-16-2004, 08:50 PM
Looking for 49F on Saturday!!

Can you say heatwave:beer:

Till then:beer:

12 cars on Sunday at Tinton Fall, NJ lets shoot for more on Saturday!!!!!!

jrzygrl
02-17-2004, 11:44 AM
Got in around 11:30 last night. I owe you all an apology for running out so early. Had to head South to get my boys from my cousins, which was not originally planned, before heading back North again, talk about a whirlwind tour of Jersey, we put 500 miles on the rental car!!!!!
It was an amazing pleasure to be in the company of so many fine people from all over the area. Am hoping to head out VIA the blue MM this Summer, I'll definitely be looking you all up again. Enjoy next Sunday, wish I could be there..........Pam, next time for sure..........JRZY

MarauderMark
02-17-2004, 04:36 PM
Are you all getting ready for the next meet in Yonkers on Sat.2/21/04. :up:
is it for sure? where and when? is anyone going to post anything? me and misses might be able to go last minute .we dont really know yet..:depress:

nexstar7
02-17-2004, 06:37 PM
i'am there already. where's everyone else? :banana2: :beer:

jgc61sr2002
02-17-2004, 06:47 PM
Ralph - Hold on we are on the way. He He. :D

nexstar7
02-17-2004, 06:56 PM
:banana: :banana:

:banana: :beer :banana:

TAF
02-17-2004, 07:01 PM
Let me see....

Yonkers on Saturday...weather forecast maybe 40 degrees and rain...and I have to put up with Marty.

OR...

The Atlanta Marauder "Breakfast Club" on Saturday....weather forecast 62 degrees and partly cloudy...hummmmmm.

jgc61sr2002
02-17-2004, 07:03 PM
Todd - Sat. 50 degrees and sunny. Come on up we would love to have you attend. Marty will be on good behavior. :up:

jefferson-mo
02-17-2004, 07:07 PM
Let me see....

Yonkers on Saturday...weather forecast maybe 40 degrees and rain...and I have to put up with Marty.

OR...

The Atlanta Marauder "Breakfast Club" on Saturday....weather forecast 62 degrees and partly cloudy...hummmmmm.

I guess that's a no-brainer.............

Huh Todd? :coolman:

Bigdogjim
02-17-2004, 07:09 PM
Let me see....

OR...

OK! No brainer here we'll see you Saturday in Yonkers, NY:)

PM or call if need directions!!!:P :P :P

TAF my buddy :beer: is on me:):):)

tbore007
02-17-2004, 08:31 PM
hey, sorry i missed everyone. sounds like it was a ball. hope to see ya all next time..Ant

martyo
02-17-2004, 09:09 PM
Let me see....

OR...

Oh puhleeze, stay home!!!!

Bigdogjim
02-17-2004, 09:18 PM
hey, sorry i missed everyone. sounds like it was a ball. hope to see ya all next time..Ant
It's this Saturday!!!! 2/21/04 See you then:rock:

MENINBLK
02-18-2004, 09:46 AM
I am glad that I had the opportunity to meet all of you and make some new friends.
It was a blast seeing all those MArauders parked next to each other.
In all my Contour meets, we never had that many cars in one place...

I am looking forward to Saturday's results...

troopcar
02-18-2004, 03:07 PM
It sounds like the meet last Sunday turned out great. Sorry I had to miss it. Would have been fun to meet some of you (out-of-towners) for the first time. At least I got to talk to jrzygrl live on the telephone!

See you all on the next go-round.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/a/bye.gif
troopcar

P.S. Please see next post concerning Saturday, 2/21.

troopcar
02-18-2004, 03:19 PM
Folks,
I've looked at/heard a dozen weather reports covering the rest of this week. All the predictions are for rain this Saturday. http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/q/bawling.gifhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/q/bawling.gif

Does anyone think it would make sense to have the Bennigan's/Yonkers meet on Sunday, 2/22 instead? The prediction for Sunday is for a sunny day w/some clouds, but no rain. Sure would be nice to hang outside with the cars for a bit. We can also wait a bit and see if Saturday's forecast improves.

Thoughts, anyone?
http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/950/around.gif
troopcar

Bigdogjim
02-18-2004, 04:11 PM
Sounds good to me!

Sunday will work for me.

Lets watch and call it Thursday/Friday:)

nexstar7
02-18-2004, 05:24 PM
i've been there since teusday waiting. what happened. ;)

jgc61sr2002
02-18-2004, 05:40 PM
Ralph - Hang in there we are on the way. :D

nexstar7
02-18-2004, 05:46 PM
i don't know how much longer i can hold of those pitchers. there real cold ;)

jgc61sr2002
02-18-2004, 06:01 PM
Ralph - Do what comes naturally. Down them. :D

MENINBLK
02-18-2004, 06:22 PM
Folks,
I've looked at/heard a dozen weather reports covering the rest of this week. All the predictions are for rain this Saturday. http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/q/bawling.gifhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/q/bawling.gif

Snow was predicted for last night, and I never saw a flake either... :shake:

I say we wait and see what happens Saturday morning.
Just keep checking this site for updates.

If we change the date to Sunday, some of us who planned for Saturday, like me,
won't be able to make Sunday, along with others I'm sure.
Worse comes to worse, those people who want to change it to Sunday can meet,
or we will just wait until March and meet at Hooters, East Meadow, NY !

Bigdogjim
02-18-2004, 09:33 PM
Yes we can 'wing" it.

We should make a call by Friday night at the least.

Elsalsero
02-19-2004, 08:49 AM
why don`t we just do it on sunday it`s gone`e to rain on saturday :rasta:

nexstar7
02-19-2004, 11:12 AM
yes ,i am naturally aspirated, like my car, to down them. :beer:

merc
02-19-2004, 12:47 PM
yes ,i am naturally aspirated, like my car, to down them. :beer:

You need to change your handle from nexstar7 to hawkeye
:rasta:

nexstar7
02-19-2004, 12:51 PM
yea , i get that alot. a couple of years ago you should have see me when i've had a few beers in me and playing darts or racketball. my friends use to get pissed at me. i'd go from good to unstopable. i guess the beers relax me but sharpen me up. just dont ask me to tally up a tab. ;)

VERN
02-20-2004, 12:01 PM
Well, are we still on for tomorrow at Bennigan's?? Saturday's forecast:

6 AM Light Rain 38° 34° 34° 70% 85% From the Southeast at 5 mph

7 AM Light Rain 38° 34° 34° 60% 86% From the South Southeast at 5 mph

8 AM Light Rain 39° 35° 35° 60% 84% From the South at 6 mph

9 AM Cloudy 41° 36° 35° 30% 80% From the Southwest at 7 mph

10 AM Cloudy 43° 38° 36° 20% 75% From the West Southwest at 9 mph

11 AM Cloudy 44° 38° 35° 20% 69% From the West Southwest at 11 mph

12 PM Mostly Cloudy 45° 39° 34° 20% 65% From the West at 13 mph

1 PM Mostly Cloudy 46° 40° 33° 20% 60% From the West at 15 mph

Last Updated Friday, February 20, 2004, at 1:43 PM Eastern Standard Time

What's on the Weather Channel
Storm Stories - watch it tonight! (8pm et/pt)
Cool gear from The Weather Channel Store - check it out.
Get OnAir info: Personalities, Programs, Music...
Now watch The Weather Channel Experts on your PC

tbore007
02-20-2004, 12:42 PM
sorry. i will not be able to attend this weekends meet.....=(

troopcar
02-20-2004, 12:58 PM
Vern -- Great minds think alike. I also just did the weather.com hourly forecast.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/b0/deal.gif

Everyone -- I think it's looking like we should go ahead and try for Saturday. With luck, the rain will have stopped in time for folks to make the drive. The light rain is supposed to stop mid-morning. I'm one of the lucky ones who can do Saturday or Sunday, but many of you can't.

So, I'll take the liberty of posting the location details:

Saturday, February 21
12 Noon
Bennigan's Restaurant
2 Executive Boulevard
Yonkers, NY 10701 (although it might really be 10703)
914-966-1100

Link to map. (http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=NRmn9.p_0Tq59KM QriL1MSAYgfEpmidEN9r8chRm&csz=Yonkers+NY+10703&country=us)

Executive Blvd. is Exit 9 off the Saw Mill River Parkway. If you're driving North on the Saw Mill, Exit 9 will be a jug-handle off to the right, then cross over the parkway (as if you were making a left off the pkwy). If you're driving South on the Saw Mill, Exit 9 is just a right-hand turn.

Once you're on Executive Blvd., pass Consumer Reports' National Headquarters on the right, then just continue straight up the hill, around the curve, past the water tower, and you'll see Bennigan's on the left. (Watch out for the occasional deer, coyote, and wild turkey on Exec. Blvd. -- no hunting allowed!http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/e/ak47yl.gif)

Just don't confuse Saw Mill River Road (Rt. 9A) with the Saw Mill River Parkway. The "road" runs parallel to the parkway (east of the pkwy).

Can most of you still do Saturday? Comments?

Thanks,
http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/950/attention.gif

troopcar

martyo
02-20-2004, 01:00 PM
Want to try some place better than Bennigan's? The service last time was pretty poor. Just a thought...

Bigdogjim
02-20-2004, 01:14 PM
Don't know about Saturday as of 3:pm???

Rain is forcast. Sorry but I never put any stock in the hourly printouts.

Will post later:)

Marty I agree let switch, or at least look in to?

troopcar
02-20-2004, 01:16 PM
Want to try some place better than Bennigan's? The service last time was pretty poor. Just a thought...

Marty,
That would be fine, but maybe it's a little late in the game to find a place that's suitable and then let everyone know right away. Let's try to come up with a new place for April? (Looks like March will be in East Meadow.)

troopcar

Bigdogjim
02-20-2004, 01:18 PM
Marty,
That would be fine, but maybe it's a little late in the game to find a place that's suitable and then let everyone know right away. Let's try to come up with a new place for April? (Looks like March will be in East Meadow.)

troopcar
Sounds good. last minute is hard??

I say give'm one more chance:)

VERN
02-20-2004, 01:19 PM
There is an Applebee's about 15 minutes farther north on the Saw Mill Parkway in Hawthorne. Going North it is at the exit for Route 9A/141.

troopcar
02-20-2004, 01:34 PM

Addendum to my previous post above:

Just remembered that we left a really healthy tip last time for the server(s). How would they know that their service is lousy if folks leave them a generous tip? Maybe it makes them think we were totally pleased?

(Sorry, just my .02. This comes from lots of years working for an organization that strives to empower the consumer . . .)

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/950/friendship.gif

troopcar

martyo
02-20-2004, 01:38 PM
Sorry. I always have to cause trouble, don't I???

jrzygrl
02-20-2004, 01:59 PM
Sorry. I always have to cause trouble, don't I??? HMMM, I thought that was my job? :P

troopcar
02-20-2004, 02:10 PM
Sorry. I always have to cause trouble, don't I???

Martyo gets to figure out the tip next time!http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/x/drink.gif

troopcar

TAF
02-20-2004, 02:15 PM
Martyo gets to figure out the tip next time!http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/x/drink.gif

troopcar
Let him pay...it's about time he "gave something back".

troopcar
02-20-2004, 02:48 PM
There is an Applebee's about 15 minutes farther north on the Saw Mill Parkway in Hawthorne. Going North it is at the exit for Route 9A/141.

We should keep this in mind for the April meet. Do they have a parking lot that's Marauder-friendly?
http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/u/baer.gif
troopcar

MENINBLK
02-20-2004, 03:45 PM
No Rain...I'll be there....
If it rains, and you guys are gonna skip it, then I can work the afternoon.

Right now there is a 30% chance of SHOWERS through 3 pm,
and no mention of RAIN. Temps should be in the mid 40's.

jgc61sr2002
02-20-2004, 04:29 PM
Let's see what the AM weather actually is. Will check this thread in the AM. Lets hope for good weather.

MarauderMark
02-20-2004, 05:19 PM
well me and the misses will not attend this weekend as we are deprived of our car as it is in the shop for stage 1 install Yipee!!! sorry ya'll .we hope it dont rain on ur parade adn you all have losta fun..

jgc61sr2002
02-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Mark - Congrats see you and the Mrs. at the next meet. :up:

03SILVERSTREAK
02-20-2004, 10:12 PM
Vern -- Great minds think alike. I also just did the weather.com hourly forecast.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/b0/deal.gif

Everyone -- I think it's looking like we should go ahead and try for Saturday. With luck, the rain will have stopped in time for folks to make the drive. The light rain is supposed to stop mid-morning. I'm one of the lucky ones who can do Saturday or Sunday, but many of you can't.

So, I'll take the liberty of posting the location details:

Saturday, February 21
12 Noon
Bennigan's Restaurant
2 Executive Boulevard
Yonkers, NY 10701 (although it might really be 10703)
914-966-1100

Link to map. (http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=NRmn9.p_0Tq59KM QriL1MSAYgfEpmidEN9r8chRm&csz=Yonkers+NY+10703&country=us)

Executive Blvd. is Exit 9 off the Saw Mill River Parkway. If you're driving North on the Saw Mill, Exit 9 will be a jug-handle off to the right, then cross over the parkway (as if you were making a left off the pkwy). If you're driving South on the Saw Mill, Exit 9 is just a right-hand turn.

Once you're on Executive Blvd., pass Consumer Reports' National Headquarters on the right, then just continue straight up the hill, around the curve, past the water tower, and you'll see Bennigan's on the left. (Watch out for the occasional deer, coyote, and wild turkey on Exec. Blvd. -- no hunting allowed!http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/e/ak47yl.gif)

Just don't confuse Saw Mill River Road (Rt. 9A) with the Saw Mill River Parkway. The "road" runs parallel to the parkway (east of the pkwy).

Can most of you still do Saturday? Comments?

Thanks,
http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/950/attention.gif

troopcar
If nothing changes, Ill see you all there if not post a change in plans or PM me. Ill check the board before I leave home...:D :beer: :beer:

nexstar7
02-20-2004, 11:09 PM
i heard i'ts going to clear up by 8am :banana2: :burnout:

jgc61sr2002
02-21-2004, 06:38 AM
It is partly cloudy and the roads are drying. (8.30AM) The meet should be a go. :up:

Marauder
02-21-2004, 07:34 AM
It is partly cloudy and the roads are drying. (8.30AM) The meet should be a go. :up:

I am soooooo there!!!!!! :D

Bigdogjim
02-21-2004, 08:04 AM
OK! IT's about 10:00 AM. I am getting a late start.

Someone call the NJTP State Police and tell them to go for coffee from 10:30-11:30:)

Save me a parking space:):):)

cell # 609.672.6809

jgc61sr2002
02-21-2004, 08:08 AM
Jim - I think we are all getting a late start. See you there. :up:

Bigdogjim
02-21-2004, 09:49 PM
John: Sorry you ,missed it.

Weather was great! (3F last time)

12 Marauders total, pictures to follow!:)

MENINBLK
02-22-2004, 02:43 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it this time guys... :bigcry:
I got a call from work and my team got assigned a project for this weekend.
I spent most of the day visiting PC stores in New Jersey on Route 17.

I will definitely not miss out on HOOTERS !!! :banana2:

See you guys next month...

Elsalsero
02-22-2004, 11:27 AM
l think we should have the next meet at eastmeadow at hooters the parking is big and the cars will be safe :rasta:

jgc61sr2002
02-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Jim - It was raining here at about the time I was getting ready to leave. The streets are terrible around here they are loaded with sand. See you at the next meet. :D

Bigdogjim
02-22-2004, 05:05 PM
OK: If it's Hooters next time that cool.

It was last year we had the FIRST MEET EVER! (in NY).

Lets start a new thread please:)

Can we do a Sunday this time?

I think we a few Marauders that can't do Saturday:)

jgc61sr2002
02-22-2004, 05:21 PM
Jim - Sunday is good for me. :rock:

Elsalsero
02-22-2004, 05:23 PM
l think that sunday`s will be a better choice of day than saturday`s :rasta: ;)

jgc61sr2002
02-22-2004, 05:27 PM
See new thread Annual Meeting at Hooters East Meadow, NY :D

troopcar
02-23-2004, 09:49 AM
Headline from Sunday morning's Journal News in Weschester:

"Skies Clear, Sun Shines Down on Marauder Faithful"

Subhead: "Area Residents Accustomed to 'FBI Invasion' on Exec. Blvd"

(Only kidding, but they really should do a story about us. Would be nice to include some happy news for a change . . .)

We had a fun meet on Saturday @ Bennigan's in Yonkers. It was great seeing fellow Marauderers again, including some new faces. Weather was great, although it did get a bit chilly at the end.

Looking forward to the March meet on Long Island. Hope it turns out to be during an early spring heat wave!

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/b/coolgleam.gif

troopcar

In other news: If any of the folks driving from the south on the Saw Mill were wondering about the crime scene investigation they passed, turns out that morning a county cop discovered an unidentified male body wrapped in a grey rug dumped near the trees off the roadway. Either that or they were filming CSI Yonkers. http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/q/sadsmiley.gif

03SILVERSTREAK
02-23-2004, 09:59 PM
It was a great time and I was very glad to meet the members again and some new faces as well. until the next meet I will be looking foward to meet with all of you again and hopefully some more new faces will also come on down as well. For now PICS, PICS, PICS will be posted in the Gallery...

03SILVERSTREAK
02-23-2004, 10:24 PM
Ok now Im done. I can not find it. How do you post Pics in the gallery??? there use to be an upload in the gallery but its gone now..

TAF
02-23-2004, 10:26 PM
Ok now Im done. I can not find it. How do you post Pics in the gallery??? there use to be an upload in the gallery but its gone now..You have to actually Login to the gallery. Top right, just above the "Search Box"...click "Login" then put in your screen name and password in the new window. Once you do that...you're back in the Gallery and your "Upload Photos" button will appear right next to the Login button you just hit.:up:

03SILVERSTREAK
02-23-2004, 10:27 PM
You have to actually Login to the gallery. Once you do that...your "Upload Pictures" button will appear.Thank you . will give it a go...:up:

Marauder
02-24-2004, 11:15 AM
Thank you . will give it a go...:up:
Will you be posting my "BEFORE" picture???? :D :D

03SILVERSTREAK
02-24-2004, 11:17 AM
Will you be posting my "BEFORE" picture???? :D :D
?????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????? ?????