PDA

View Full Version : Logging on

bossman
01-22-2004, 05:55 AM
When I log on I post my name & password, that part is ok it says welcome bossman, but when redirected to the main display I'm still a Guest . I deleted all Cookies Before entering sight..
I like to be able to Only acces New Posts & don't have that Option as a Guest ???

MM03MOK
01-22-2004, 06:03 AM
When I log on I post my name & password, that part is ok it says welcome bossman, but when redirected to the main display I'm still a Guest . I deleted all Cookies Before entering sight..
I like to be able to Only acces New Posts & don't have that Option as a Guest ???Is your Browser set up to accept cookies? Look to see if the cookie was saved after logging in.

bossman
01-22-2004, 06:20 AM
Is your Browser set up to accept cookies? Look to see if the cookie was saved after logging in.

Yes it does , will clear cookies & try again

bossman
01-22-2004, 06:26 AM
Yes it does , will clear cookies & try again

Just logged out cleared cookies [3rd time] relogged in now it works ???

Logan
01-22-2004, 06:37 AM
Well there ya go! :)

bossman
01-22-2004, 07:27 AM
Well there ya go! :)
Just logged in Again, No Go, still a guest

MMdriver03
01-22-2004, 08:07 AM
Just logged in Again, No Go, still a guest
Same thing happining to me. I can not shout either. :confused: :help:

dwasson
01-22-2004, 08:16 AM

Me too, however if I click on a email alert and come in that way it works.

:help:

gonzo50
01-22-2004, 08:26 AM
Same thing here, what I do after logging in is, I'll go to the Forums section then back to the Home page and it has me down as a member, than I can "Shout", works for me. :up:

LincMercLover
01-22-2004, 08:31 AM
Try clearing all temporary internet files as well. IE stores cookies in both a cookie folder and in temorary internet files.

bossman
01-22-2004, 01:35 PM
Try clearing all temporary internet files as well. IE stores cookies in both a cookie folder and in temorary internet files.
Already tried that Several Times, just now logged in & all is ok, for now

jaywish
01-24-2004, 10:54 AM
Yes I have the same problem after clearing the cookies. I log in and show as a guest untill I read a thread then everything works fine.

Also I can't get it to remember me so I have to log in every time.

My browser is set to accept cookies.

I use Netcape 7.1

I figured I'd wait awhile before bothering Logan about this as I'm sure getting the software to run at all is a great effort and this is a minor inconvience to me.

Anyway Logan if you are busy this can wait...

Otherwise any suggestions?

Jay

CRUZTAKER
01-24-2004, 11:40 AM
You are not alone sir. This happens to me out of the blue regularly.

I have my explorer default to mm.net as my homepage. I have logged on in the past, and stored a cookie. BUT, occationally I will go to 'my favorites', and click the mm.net link I stored there, it will then say I am a guest. If I attempt to sign in, it says welcome, but when I am redirected, I am still a guest. I just close that window, and relaunch my browser. This is only a pain when I am on another site already, and want to come back to mm.net. I have to close everything, and relaunch my browser.

The new site software is funny in that regard. I'm learning to live with it.

jaywish
01-24-2004, 02:17 PM
Hey Barry,

Well at least I'm not alone and now know it happens in Explorer also. So it's not just Netscape.

It is a small price to pay.

Take Care,
Jay

ap2003
01-24-2004, 02:29 PM
I am seeing the same thing.. on 2 home PCs... and 3 office PCs...

I never had this problem with the previous website with any of these 5 PCs...

But then again... I am pretty rigorous with applying "security" patches... it could be that one of the security patches is not playing nice... but it is hard for me to tell.

ap

RCSignals
02-01-2004, 09:06 PM
i've been having similar problems. For me it all started after the site software upgrade.
One thing I have discovered is that gallery cookie and forum cookie cannot co-exist together. (at least on my computer)
Also make this site a fully "trusted" zone site. Give it as much unrestricted access as you can.
The other thing that happens to me is "attached thumbnails" in posts do not show as a thumbnail. Once in a while a link shows, and once in a while if I hover the mouse pointer over the "attached thumbnails" box, a pointing finger hand appears and I can click to see a link.

In the Gallery, if a forum cookie is also on the computer, I cannot upload pictures, it says I'm not logged in, and when I do log in it just returns me to the log in screen.
also cannot delete my uploaded pictures.