PDA

View Full Version : Mark all forums as read?>...

Dave Compson
01-22-2004, 11:26 AM
Before the major site face lift, we had the option to "Mark all forums as read". And, now, i cant find that option. Am i missing something obvious? Other than that, i love the new site...

TAF
01-22-2004, 11:29 AM
Before the major site face lift, we had the option to "Mark all forums as read". And, now, i cant find that option. Am i missing something obvious? Other than that, i love the new site...
dave,

Go to "Forums" above...listing all the Forums...scroll down to the bottom..."Mark All Forums Read" is there :up:

Dave Compson
01-22-2004, 04:38 PM
Thanks, i knew it was around here somewhere. It would still be nice if it was on top of the page instead of in the middle of the main forum page.

GarageMahal
01-22-2004, 05:11 PM
Try: Quick Links - Mark Forums Read<QUICK Links><MARK Read Forums>

jta

Logan
01-22-2004, 06:37 PM
Problem is, if you're running an older version of IE, have javascript disabled, or am on a Mac or something weird, the pop-up menus may not be rendered on the menubar...

I'm working on a workaround.

I test the site on IE v6, with "medium" security settings, in other words, a stock, factory Internet explorer 6 install.

Everything else, well, I don't test.

2005Marauder
01-22-2004, 08:06 PM
Problem is, if you're running an older version of IE, have javascript disabled, or am on a Mac or something weird, the pop-up menus may not be rendered on the menubar...

I test the site on IE v6, with "medium" security settings, in other words, a stock, factory Internet explorer 6 install.

Everything else, well, I don't test.Just F.Y.I. Cookies are NOT the problem. Somethings amiss with the home page. If I return from any of the three computers I have used to access the website, the home page asks me to login. HOWEVER, if I DON"T login and just click on say forums then the cookie displays my handle and the correct login information about me is displayed. Then if I go back to the home page---all is good. However once I close Internet "exploder" and return at a later time, process is repeated.
Suspect coding on home page not refreshing after cookie is read.

Billatpro
01-22-2004, 08:25 PM

Everything else, well, I don't test.

Hey, what ya mean a Mac or something weird? I resemble that remark!

sailsmen
01-22-2004, 09:13 PM
Just F.Y.I. Cookies are NOT the problem. Somethings amiss with the home page. If I return from any of the three computers I have used to access the website, the home page asks me to login. HOWEVER, if I DON"T login and just click on say forums then the cookie displays my handle and the correct login information about me is displayed. Then if I go back to the home page---all is good. However once I close Internet "exploder" and return at a later time, process is repeated.
Suspect coding on home page not refreshing after cookie is read.
ditto 2005

SergntMac
01-22-2004, 09:17 PM
Mac.
Mac.
Mac.
Mac.
Mac.
Mac.

What..Eh?

Billatpro
01-22-2004, 09:35 PM
Mac.
Mac.
Mac.
Mac.
Mac.
Mac.

What..Eh?

Ok, I get the point! Mac.=weird!
:shake:

VicRattlehead
01-22-2004, 10:15 PM

:lol: :nono: leave my mac alone

Bigdogjim
01-22-2004, 10:19 PM

Now I am glad I did not post that:lol:

:banana2: :banana2:

Dave Compson
01-23-2004, 09:25 AM
Well, im running ie 6 with med security settings. Oh well, now that i know where it is. Theres no problem. By the way logan? Whats up with the login screen? I go to the main screen, login, and it welcomes me. Then i am redirected back to the main page and it says welcome guest, but i am listed in the members online. Oh well... Thanks for the hard work. Little bugs are no big deal.

Billatpro
01-23-2004, 08:29 PM
Now I am glad I did not post that:lol:

:banana2: :banana2:

Hey, he started it, makin fun of me!
:P

Ken
03-22-2004, 12:35 PM
If I post, when I return to the forums, all new posts are marked as read and I can't continue reading the new posts. Have to hit and miss. It also does it after being on the site for longer than about twenty minutes. I would love to be able to use the 'Mark all forums as read' button, but only after I am done reading the posts.

Black Terror
03-22-2004, 01:03 PM
That is same problem I have been having since the Server/Software upgrade.
I have to read all post at one sitting before leaving the site or I lose all new post that were brought up for reading. I too would like to have "Mark all forums read" as a positive link, rather than lose the "New Posts" log as I leave the site or leave the computer for some time. Sent Logan a PM, he said site was working as it should.

CRUZTAKER
03-22-2004, 02:24 PM
You are not alone...every few days I will hit the site with say 45 new posts...read a few...and then all of a sudden, no more new posts. The log just vanishes. I resort to using the 'todays posts' feature on the home page menu.

Even then the posts show as read, when I have never read them. It's all good though, still have the site, so I'm not *****in'.

Logan
03-22-2004, 02:53 PM
The timers time out after a little while once you've returned to the site.

The BEST way to use New Posts is to click it ONCE, then, if you see a thread you want to follow, right click the thread and select open in new window. That way, your New posts list doesn't get blown away cuz you navigated away from it.