PDA

View Full Version : SW warranty procedure?

Taemian
12-03-2011, 03:04 PM
How do you process your warranty claims?

I was the initiator of a "group buy" in 2009 that netted seventeen people ordering various parts from you.
http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47457

My exhaust was rattling last week, and the Ford dealership took it off to find that one of the cats has fallen apart/unravelled.

As you are a supporting vendor here, please advise me and all your other customers publically what steps to take for a warranty claim. Thank you.

Siege
12-04-2011, 02:48 AM
http://www.stainlessworks.net/support/warranty.html
:beer:

Taemian
12-04-2011, 10:07 AM
http://www.stainlessworks.net/support/warranty.html
:beer:

Thanks. To be clear, is the "racing of any kind" exclusion to include purpose-built competition/race cars, or everything? If I've taken my car to Friday Night Street Legals last year to run three runs down the 1/4 mile track, is my warranty void?

I can't imagine it would be voided for this since your product is supposed to be for high performance street vehicles, and merging onto the highway from the on-ramp traffic light is not really any different!:D

Just looking for clarification from the source, thanks!

fastblackmerc
12-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Thanks. To be clear, is the "racing of any kind" exclusion to include purpose-built competition/race cars, or everything? If I've taken my car to Friday Night Street Legals last year to run three runs down the 1/4 mile track, is my warranty void?

I can't imagine it would be voided for this since your product is supposed to be for high performance street vehicles, and merging onto the highway from the on-ramp traffic light is not really any different!:D

Just looking for clarification from the source, thanks!

:shake::shake::shake:
You just told them you raced it...............

DEFYANT
12-04-2011, 05:42 PM
"Racing of any kind" is clear. But it is BS considering the nature of the intent behind the high performance parts. Your warranty claim should be granted.

Marauder Rick
12-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Didnt this happen to someone else a little while ago? I remember seeing pix of the cats with the guts blown out and stuck in the muffler.

DOOM
12-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Didnt this happen to someone else a little while ago? I remember seeing pix of the cats with the guts blown out and stuck in the muffler.

DAMN!!! :eek:

Think I'm going to gut mine! :D

BUCKWHEAT
12-05-2011, 06:17 AM
They gut themselves so don't get too whooped. Get straight thru mufflers & let 'em flow out the back. So long as you pass emissions, its all good.

Racing is a competition. Friday night test & tune is not racing 'of any kind', even if some low-life Ricer happens to be slipping his clutch in the lane next to you. SW won't want to litigate that issue.

Taemian
12-05-2011, 08:26 PM
:shake::shake::shake:
You just told them you raced it...............

Yes, I find that honesty is the only policy, for me anyways.

As it is, I've never technically raced it. I never competed or raced against others in any sanctioned racing group or sport, but merely passed a safety inspection that allowed me to legally exceed what I could do on the public roads. There was never any official prizes or ranking, merely an anti-street racing theme where people could go fast legally.

No different to me than spirited canyon driving, as far as the warranty is concerned.

Taemian
12-05-2011, 08:33 PM
"Racing of any kind" is clear. But it is BS considering the nature of the intent behind the high performance parts. Your warranty claim should be granted.

Just thought I'd check here in the vendor's forum to confirm. If you can't drive your car without having a warranty voided the second you do a burnout or go over a speed limit, than I'll have to pursue the next tier of options.

As you say, it would really be BS. Also, would a dyno pull be considered "racing"? I had 2 of them after installing the StainlessWorks system to check the tune. And really, is a 1/4 drag to find out what your car can do (in a safe environment rather than with a G-Tech on a back road) much more than that?:confused:

Taemian
12-05-2011, 08:37 PM

Didn't see that, but a link would be appreciated. Wonder if it was from the same Group Buy that I organized when I bought mine 2 years ago?

Taemian
12-05-2011, 08:41 PM
They gut themselves so don't get too whooped. Get straight thru mufflers & let 'em flow out the back. So long as you pass emissions, its all good.

Racing is a competition. Friday night test & tune is not racing 'of any kind', even if some low-life Ricer happens to be slipping his clutch in the lane next to you. SW won't want to litigate that issue.

I'm one of the few people who likes a quiet, stock-like exhaust level. Emission testing here is a visual check, and unless you throw a CEL they don't use a tailpipe sniffer.

Litigation is not anything I'm interested in. The internet is a place where both good and bass press can go a long way to helping or hindering a manufacturer's reputation, so hopefully I'll be able to brag about the great follow up service that SW gives.

Hopefully someone from the SW team posts up here soon.

TAKEDOWN
12-05-2011, 09:52 PM
I believe I paid for quality parts and that's what I expect from them especially the amount that was collected.

napolitano
12-06-2011, 03:01 AM
Isn't SW a vendor here? It would seem they would answer quicker than this.

Siege
12-06-2011, 05:14 AM
As you are a supporting vendor here, please advise me and all your other customers publically what steps to take for a warranty claim. Thank you.

I am going to do my very best to write the following in a way that does not offend you as that is absolutely not my intention.

I have encountered a few threads here and at MCM where I feel the expressed tone in your original post is somewhat confrontational or could easily be misconstrued that way.

If you have an issue with a product then the first step is to contact the maker of the product directly to discuss the issue with them. The following actions depend on the result of that first contact.

In this situation you have gone directly to a website filled with potential buyers (possibly impacting their sales) posting that the product you purchased from them has a failed catalytic converter and (IMO) have called them out. Of course as a vendor at multiple sites they likely don't have time to visit every site every day so at this point you can add a perception of unresponsiveness to the situation.

All of the above has happened because a part of the exhaust that wasn't even made by SW has failed.

I humbly suggest again that you place a phone call with them to discuss the matter directly with them.

Regards.

Taemian
12-06-2011, 10:07 PM
I am going to do my very best to write the following in a way that does not offend you as that is absolutely not my intention.

I have encountered a few threads here and at MCM where I feel the expressed tone in your original post is somewhat confrontational or could easily be misconstrued that way.

If you have an issue with a product then the first step is to contact the maker of the product directly to discuss the issue with them. The following actions depend on the result of that first contact.

In this situation you have gone directly to a website filled with potential buyers (possibly impacting their sales) posting that the product you purchased from them has a failed catalytic converter and (IMO) have called them out. Of course as a vendor at multiple sites they likely don't have time to visit every site every day so at this point you can add a perception of unresponsiveness to the situation.

All of the above has happened because a part of the exhaust that wasn't even made by SW has failed.

I humbly suggest again that you place a phone call with them to discuss the matter directly with them.

Regards.

Thanks for your reply! Please let me do my best to explain...

Physically, I work in an environment that requires 14 hour shifts, and we are legally bound to leave all communication devices at the front desk. Writing these emails is the only way I can get a resolution to issues in the area of Marauder stuff, as well as most other areas as well. This precludes my ability to contact them directly.

If I start this out publically, there can be no denying on my part afterwards that I was treated unfairly, or turn it into a mudslinging fest if I don't get the resolution I want. No he said/she said thing, just a public record of what happens from the get-go. Seems most companies would appreciate the fairness in that, I know I sure would.

I do realize that just because I don't get an answer right away, it doesn't mean I'm being ignored. However, when you send PMs that don't get answered it changes things a bit. I have not complained once in this thread about not being answered, merely asked for a clarification and patiently waited. Maybe it was others that gave you the thought that I had complained about any perceived delay?:confused:

But as far as having a problem with a part "they didn't even make" if they sell it, it is their duty to stand behind it in my humble opinion.

I haven't written anything in this thread that I wouldn't have said directly to them, so I'm not sure how that's percieved as confrontational. I have been overtly honest about my use of their product, moreso than some might have been even if it means I'll be denied a claim. At least others can learn from my mistaken "racing?" use in that case.

Lastly, I brought it out to this public forum becauseI brought this original group buy to seventeen other members here, and I feel responsible that if there is anything to be learned here, I need to share it. I'd like to think that SW or any other vendor here would be willing to publically state their policy. My guestimate is that about $20k worth of their product was sold here then, and I see this as either:

1) A great way to show what a quality vendor does

or

2) Something other than that.

Darksyne, I appreciate your post very much, and the intent. My intent is to share my experience with the group and the board in general. I mean, do we really want any vendor here that doesn't stand behind their product? I'd like to think we help each other as an MM community in showing what mods work, which don't, which vendors to endorse, and those to stay away from. Recent history on this board merely clarifies the need for transparency from every vendor.

It's easy for a vendor (or a person) to be praised when things go as planned. It's when things don't go as planned that you find out what kind of vendor (or person) you're dealing with.

Does this clear up things from me? Hope so.:)

tbone
12-06-2011, 10:20 PM
How do you process your warranty claims?

I was the initiator of a "group buy" in 2009 that netted seventeen people ordering various parts from you.
http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47457

My exhaust was rattling last week, and the Ford dealership took it off to find that one of the cats has fallen apart/unravelled.

Warranties are created by people, for people that never claim warranties because it's a pain in the ass.

StainlessWorks
12-07-2011, 08:16 AM
It will be warrantied, no worries!

"Taemian" can you please e-mail me a picture of your converters? Please send it to Paul@stainlessworks.net , please also include all your contact info.

Thanks to all for helping out on this post. Its good to see the members of this great forum willing to jump in and help us out. The forums are set up so customers can broadcast their comments and we for sure welcome any good or bad comments.

Taemian
12-08-2011, 05:21 PM
It will be warrantied, no worries!

"Taemian" can you please e-mail me a picture of your converters? Please send it to Paul@stainlessworks.net , please also include all your contact info.

Thanks to all for helping out on this post. Its good to see the members of this great forum willing to jump in and help us out. The forums are set up so customers can broadcast their comments and we for sure welcome any good or bad comments.

I will have the Ford dealership email you the photos they took for me, hopefully by tomorrow. I will also give you their contact number and the name of the tech who did the work.

Paul, I hope that you didn't see this as a confrontational thread, I just wanted to be upfront from the get-go. Thanks for your response, this is the answer I was hoping for, and should speak volumes about how you treat your customers. Also, this thread will stand to show others about your customer service and commitment to your product. THAT is what I wanted people to see for themselves!

TAKEDOWN
12-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Sounds like it'll work itself out in the end! I also purchased a set from the group buy.

StainlessWorks
12-09-2011, 02:27 PM
I will have the Ford dealership email you the photos they took for me, hopefully by tomorrow. I will also give you their contact number and the name of the tech who did the work.

Paul, I hope that you didn't see this as a confrontational thread, I just wanted to be upfront from the get-go. Thanks for your response, this is the answer I was hoping for, and should speak volumes about how you treat your customers. Also, this thread will stand to show others about your customer service and commitment to your product. THAT is what I wanted people to see for themselves!

Thanks for the feedback, we are always here to support our customers.

Have a great weekend!

Ps- Make sure to email your contact info to Paul@stainlessworks.net

Blackened300a
12-17-2011, 10:22 AM
I think I may be the first NA car to blow out a SW cat. I have a tin sounding rattle after cold starts and it seems to come and go.
Today I plan on pulling the cats out to inspect what the noise is.

Pics to follow. I only had them in the car for about 3 months and only made 3 passes down the 1/4 and a few WOT runs on the street.

StainlessWorks
12-29-2011, 08:28 AM
Did you find any info on this? If you need any assistance call me at 800-878-3635 ext 231 or email at Paul@stainlessworks.net

I think I may be the first NA car to blow out a SW cat. I have a tin sounding rattle after cold starts and it seems to come and go.
Today I plan on pulling the cats out to inspect what the noise is.

Pics to follow. I only had them in the car for about 3 months and only made 3 passes down the 1/4 and a few WOT runs on the street.

Blackened300a
12-29-2011, 08:49 AM
Did you find any info on this? If you need any assistance call me at 800-878-3635 ext 231 or email at Paul@stainlessworks.net

Thanks for the reply. I haven't had a minute to pull them off and inspect. I had several people listen to it and they all agree it's the cats. They sound like heat shield rattle but I don't have any heat shields on the car. I'm hoping this weekend to pull it apart and inspect. I'll have plenty of pics and will be in touch.
I plan on taking the car out tonight and I'll try to take some video.

Spectragod
09-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Since no one ever posted a picture of a blown out cat, here's my drivers side cat as of today, I haven't pulled the passenger side off yet.

I hope they are warrantied, less than 4k miles on them, and the car is not raced.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=72&pictureid=1304

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=72&pictureid=1306

Spectragod
09-19-2012, 05:27 AM
And they were replaced, Paul @ StainlessWorks sent out replacements for my rattling blown out models. I don't know where else you will find that kind of service.

Thanks again Paul!!!!