PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Marauders Meeting #7 Feb'04

Agent M79
01-23-2004, 06:22 AM
When last we spoke, the general consensus was to avoid the 2nd Saturday in February to dodge the Valentiners.

Anyone care to 2nd the 3rd weekend (Saturday February 21st)?

Fin Harder 92
01-23-2004, 04:58 PM
Agent

21st of Feb. works for me. Actually, I'll be in your neck of the woods tomorrow. I'm going to visit Mr. Ray concerning some much needed gous fastus particuses!!! Anyone want to meet up? I'm meeting Mark at Olthoff Racing at 1pm.

Take Care

Marauderman
01-25-2004, 03:00 PM
Ok -- Visited frdwrnch at his "home office"--garage shop, behind his home Saturday and both of us will be there on the 21st--sounds good for us--
and thanks for the engine bolt fix Russell--was nice seeing your set ups--all look like fun--I envy your "back yard"...............Tom.

Agent M79
01-25-2004, 06:50 PM
Carolina Marauders Monthly Meet #7

Date/Time:
Saturday February 21st, 2004 – 12:00pm

Interstate I-85, Exit 49
7801 Gateway Lane
Concord, NC 28025
(704) 979-3090

Who is Welcome:
Everyone

From last time:
Excitement over marauderman's upcoming S/C MM
Meet again in Charlotte

On the Agenda:
marauderman's S/C MM!
Next location(s) of future meet(s).
Activity suggestions for future meets

For those of you that can’t make it but would like to be able to join us on a regular basis, please PM me with your preferred meet location and I will make you part of our discussions. We know that regular attendees may be far flung and as such we are discussing rotating the meet location among 2 or 3 selections.

There is little real “official business” for the agenda so if you have something you would like to discuss that might benefit from advanced thought, let me know and I will edit accordingly.

Marauderman
01-27-2004, 10:36 AM

Date/Time:

Interstate I-85, Exit 49
7801 Gateway Lane
Concord, NC 28025
(704) 979-3090

Who is Welcome:
Everyone

From last time:
Meet again in Charlotte

On the Agenda:
marauderman's S/C MM!

For those of you that can’t make it but would like to be able to join us on a regular basis, please PM me with your preferred meet location and I will make you part of our discussions. We know that regular attendees may be far flung and as such we are discussing rotating the meet location among 2 or 3 selections.

There is little real “official business” for the agenda so if you have something you would like to discuss that might benefit from advanced thought, let me know and I will edit accordingly.

Yep! Thats' us all right---Hope to see more of those who Look in but have not joined our board as yet--your out therer--so come on down/up to meet with us---MM folks are the BEST!.....Tom

frdwrnch
01-27-2004, 11:53 AM
I'm There! Has anyone heard from Butch lately?

Marauderman
01-27-2004, 08:06 PM

Date/Time:

Interstate I-85, Exit 49
7801 Gateway Lane
Concord, NC 28025
(704) 979-3090

Who is Welcome:
Everyone

From last time:
Meet again in Charlotte

On the Agenda:
marauderman's S/C MM!

WoW! There IS something about that # 7 ( meet that is)---Anyway--3x 7 = 21 and we are meeting on the 21st--so come on down--- where is everybody on this --still three and half weeks to plan--so far..maraudarman, AgentM79, frdwrnch, dok , Fin Harder 92,---did I leave one out? -so come on folks, thats only five--- there has to be more!!

dok
01-28-2004, 05:59 PM
Just got home tonight from Florida. I was planning on coming home Monday, but you guys wanted to play in the ice so I stayed where it was 80 degrees for a couple of extra days.

Plan on attending the 21st.

Marauderman
02-07-2004, 04:51 PM
Hey All==

Just want to refresh this ---cause I'll bring some info to ot meet we all should consider doing --as a group--so I would like to see more of us make these meets--anyone know others we can contact---we need to grow with numbers ....would be nice....anyway--will have something for us all to consider--so lets recruit........where is Maauder1? mrmark? .....

dok
02-11-2004, 05:08 PM
I took my wife out for an early Valentines day dinner tonight at the Red Lobster by Concord Mills. While waiting for my food, I was looking out the window and saw a black Marauder pull in. I was waiting for the owner when he walked in the door. Told him about the website (gave hin one of the cards) and invited him to our luncheon on the 21st.

Told him that one of our members would have his supercharged MM there and he was very interested. So hopefully he will join us.

Dave - He's from Mooresville. His license plates is Euroworld. I looked it up. It's a company in Lakeside Industial Park (where all the NASCAR teams are).

Agent M79
02-11-2004, 05:18 PM
Hey, that's cool.

The boys at my office say they spotted a silver in a nearby business so I am going to see what's up there. Maybe have another.

frdwrnch
02-11-2004, 06:02 PM
We had another silver one come in but it sold within 48 hrs to a lady who's husband is somehow affiliated w/penske. She wasn't very interested in clubin' but i let her know where to go for the best info. We still have one DTR left.

Marauderman
02-11-2004, 09:23 PM
Hey Guys--Sounds like our spottings are getting to grow--I too found another black MM today--carded and this one is in a new industrial park that now I have resp. for one building to handle so I'll probably meet this MM'er sooner or later...

Anyway--Queen City has a new Silver on the front lot--sticker @ $35600....has all except the sun roof.....go figure--why didn't they get it installed by the factory first--gosh--these people will never get it!!!

See ya on the 21st if not sooner..............Tom

Agent M79
02-12-2004, 10:17 AM
I ordered some SS inserts today. Hopefully I'll have them before the meet.

If so, I will bring them "uninstalled" so you can see what they look like before they are put on. Then the meet after, I'll have 'em installed.

Marauderman
02-12-2004, 10:21 AM

If so, I will bring them "uninstalled" so you can see what they look like before they are put on. Then the meet after, I'll have 'em installed.

Are you gonna keep it a secret on what color they are?? Let me guess--probably shiny- huh! :up:

Butch
02-12-2004, 01:01 PM
Sorry that I have been out of touch for the past month or so.

I had to have rotator cuff surgery on my shoulder about a month ago, and honestly, I haven't quite felt like sitting in front of the computer to read messages.

Anyway, I'm in.

Marauderman - I BADLY want a ride in your car. I've got the money together for a supercharger for mine, but I don't know 100% if that is what I want to do, so maybe a little trip will push me one way or the other over the fence!

See ya!

Agent M79
02-13-2004, 10:03 AM
Are you gonna keep it a secret on what color they are?? Let me guess--probably shiny- huh! :up:I think they only come in one shade... "shiny".

I am still up in the air about it. I figured I could get them and if it turned out I didn't care for them, be able to liquidate them.

But, you know me. I like the shiny stuff. I still want to look into chroming the rocker panel. Given it's location, I think it would be subtle in profile, making a good line from the front rim to the rear rim into the chrome exhaust.

And no... I don't want chrome wheel arch things or curb feelers. Just want something better to look at than a $20 dollar black plastic rocker especially when I open my doors. Yuck.

In the ads for the DTR, they are body colored. I would even go for that.

Marauderman
02-13-2004, 08:24 PM
Marauderman - I BADLY want a ride in your car. I've got the money together for a supercharger for mine, but I don't know 100% if that is what I want to do, so maybe a little trip will push me one way or the other over the fence!

See ya!

Hey Butch--Your ride awaits you and others if they wish....all we need is
GOOD WEATHER---No fun with a S/C in wet weather--matter of fact--best to tuck 'um away cause you just can't have fun when wet--too dangerous!!
I think the picture is developing for everyone....oh I'll be there with the S/C anyway---just the rides may be put on hold.....

Looking forward for a fun meet---say Agent--you know any cops who may want to come along--always makes it better to have cover!!! :lol:

Agent M79
02-13-2004, 08:47 PM
say Agent--you know any cops who may want to come along--always makes it better to have cover!!! :lol:
Every cop I've met since moving to NC I've met through my driver side window while handing him my license and registration. Wild guess, but I am pretty sure they didn't wanna be my pal... least the paperwork they return with my license and registration might indicate $uch.

woaface
02-13-2004, 10:16 PM

See ya!If you're worried about the money not being there after you do an install like a supercharger, don't get it. But if you're worried about whether it's a good investment or not...why are you wondering if it's a good investment or not! Simply put, a C5 Corvette I rode in didn't turn me on as much as MarauderMan's car did. C6...most definitely...but the C5 didn't do it for me:)

Fin Harder 92
02-14-2004, 06:07 PM
Really looking forward to the get together. I want to see if you guys would be interested in coming to Fayetteville next month. I have a committment from the local L/M dealership to host the event. We can kick it around next weekend.

Butch, best to you on the recovery from surgery.

Take Care

Marauderman
02-15-2004, 03:19 PM
Really looking forward to the get together. I want to see if you guys would be interested in coming to Fayetteville next month. I have a committment from the local L/M dealership to host the event. We can kick it around next weekend.

Butch, best to you on the recovery from surgery.

Take Care

Well , that will be Sat. March 13th -- sounds good for me and mrs m..---we'd love it--give us a chance to revisit old memories from when I was stationed there ...it's been a long time ago----.....yeah...we'll talk about it and more things......this stuff is GREAT!!!

Agent M79
02-15-2004, 03:39 PM
Looks like we have a bigger crowd this time around:

Agent M79
Fin Harder 92
Marauderman
frdwrnch
dok
Butch

Looks good. Maybe even a couple of new people recruited, eh? I'll look for that silver this week.

Now... just need to find a warm place to get her washed...

woaface
02-15-2004, 03:43 PM
And maybe yous can talk about comin to Good ol' Greenville, SC sometime soon too:up: :beer:

Marauder386
02-15-2004, 05:11 PM
Hi all from the LowCountry of South kakkalakee...:beer:
Anyway, I am a MM soon-to-be...as a gift to myself for a couple of decades of military service.

Marauder386
02-15-2004, 05:14 PM
...and I am a moron for hitting the wrong buttons...:lol:
My question is this..if I can make it, am I welcome ?
Or is it a actual owners meet only ? Dunt wanna :flamer:
if thats the case..

Take care all !

David Weber

Agent M79
02-15-2004, 05:18 PM
Sure you are.

I showed up at the first meet without one too! Come on out.

Fin Harder 92
02-15-2004, 06:13 PM
I believe we can add Mark Ray to the list of attendees.

Take Care

Marauderman
02-16-2004, 05:12 AM
...and I am a moron for hitting the wrong buttons...:lol:
My question is this..if I can make it, am I welcome ?
Or is it a actual owners meet only ? Dunt wanna :flamer:
if thats the case..

Take care all !

David Weber
Yes Dave--Come on up!! Love to have you see everyones MM...
Just where in the low area are your located???????....Tom

Agent M79
02-17-2004, 04:19 PM
...and they did! Got them here, will bring them there!

Marauderman
02-17-2004, 04:33 PM
...and they did! Got them here, will bring them there!
You plan on installing them at /during our meet?????????? Those Silver's will look very BRIGHT against your DTR.. :banana: cool.....!!!!!!!!.
Good Choice....!!!!!!...........Tom

Agent M79
02-17-2004, 04:36 PM
You plan on installing them at /during our meet?????????? Those Silver's will look very BRIGHT against your DTR.. :banana: cool.....!!!!!!!!.
Good Choice....!!!!!!...........Tom
Naw. Can't install during. Toooo cold. Probably have to save it until spring. I thought people may want to see them uninstalled. Can leave the backing on and "try" them against your own MM!

Marauderman
02-17-2004, 04:54 PM
Great Idea!! and considerate to give others a "look-see" idea for those not yet with any--That's the ticket!!!.... BTW--What temp. does it take to install??..it's been along time since I did mind......Tom

Agent M79
02-17-2004, 05:09 PM
Install Instruction #7
... Vehicle should be 70° or hotter. ...

That should be a couple of weeks from now, eh?

Marauderman
02-17-2004, 06:18 PM
Install Instruction #7
... Vehicle should be 70° or hotter. ...

That should be a couple of weeks from now, eh?
Yeah --that creapy four legger a few weeks ago said it would be a few more at least....like maybe April....... :depress:

frdwrnch
02-18-2004, 10:48 AM
This sounds like a good meet. Probably our biggest. I've got a customer interested in coming too. I think I'll even drive mine if it rains for this one! It's been over two weeks since I've driven it and I'm having withdrawals. Don't think I've seen the sun but two days this month!

Agent M79
02-18-2004, 11:19 AM
This sounds like a good meet. Probably our biggest.
I think you are right, frdwrnch.

We have your info about the driving school. I am looking forward to that.

We have a few meet locations to discuss:
Butch in Greensboro
Woaface in Greenville
Fin Harder in Fayetteville with a local L/M dealer as host

I'll be bringing the SS Inserts and the T/A Performance differential "pumpkin", all uninstalled.

Possibly a small contingent of new people.

Possibly Mark Ray from Zeus Automotive. Any confirmation on that Fin?

Looks like Fin, Marauderman, frdwrnch, dok, Butch, and me for sure. With spouses and SO's, that's 12 people as a minimum figure. If Marauder386 shows with spouse/SO, frdwrnch's customer, Mark Ray, and I think there was someone else, then 17ish is our maximal number.

I will call ahead to Texas Roadhouse before Saturday and let them know we have a largish group and maybe they can be better prepared to accomodate us in advance. Maybe get them to open the doors a little early for us in the event of inclement weather.

It looks like, at most, we may be looking at rain. I am a daily driver so I'll be there in the rain.

I'll ask Logan to brief me on mm.net sponsorship info in case the opportunity to discuss that with Mark comes up. If there is a problem with that, let me know as if the opportunity presents I will take it unless there is an objection.

Also, since many other groups have thier own area here on mm.net (Windy City, Motor City, Southern, etc.) do you think we should ask for a "Carolina Marauders" area at this point?

Butch
02-18-2004, 06:21 PM
Make it 4 people in my group. Me, my girlfriend, my daughter, and my best friend (Joe) who just wants to see/ride in Marauderman's supercharged car.

See everyone Saturday!

Marauderman
02-18-2004, 08:32 PM
I think you are right, frdwrnch.

We have your info about the driving school. I am looking forward to that.

We have a few meet locations to discuss:
Butch in Greensboro
Woaface in Greenville
Fin Harder in Fayetteville with a local L/M dealer as host

I'll be bringing the SS Inserts and the T/A Performance differential "pumpkin", all uninstalled.

Possibly a small contingent of new people.

Possibly Mark Ray from Zeus Automotive. Any confirmation on that Fin?

Looks like Fin, Marauderman, frdwrnch, dok, Butch, and me for sure. With spouses and SO's, that's 12 people as a minimum figure. If Marauder386 shows with spouse/SO, frdwrnch's customer, Mark Ray, and I think there was someone else, then 17ish is our maximal number.

I will call ahead to Texas Roadhouse before Saturday and let them know we have a largish group and maybe they can be better prepared to accomodate us in advance. Maybe get them to open the doors a little early for us in the event of inclement weather.

It looks like, at most, we may be looking at rain. I am a daily driver so I'll be there in the rain.

I'll ask Logan to brief me on mm.net sponsorship info in case the opportunity to discuss that with Mark comes up. If there is a problem with that, let me know as if the opportunity presents I will take it unless there is an objection.

Also, since many other groups have thier own area here on mm.net (Windy City, Motor City, Southern, etc.) do you think we should ask for a "Carolina Marauders" area at this point?

There you Go!!! and spoil my presentation to you guys at the meet with this stuff---Gosh!!-- Can't hold you back can I????
Yeah!! That is one of the items to discuss---Man It's hard to keep a secret!!

Agent M79
02-18-2004, 08:34 PM
There you Go!!! and spoil my presentation to you guys at the meet with this stuff
You have a presentation?

Marauderman
02-18-2004, 08:50 PM
Well,,yes--some what-- I'd plan showing this idea with reference material from a recent submittal....for same ...that was awarded by Logan ----anyway----we will have alot of fun stuff to cover -- PLEASE NO RAIN !!!!!!!!!!

Agent M79
02-19-2004, 02:42 PM
Alrighty. Restaurant has been forwarned of a large group of rowdy people heading thier way.

According to the person I spoke with, they open the doors at 11am so if you are early and the weather is not so good... I think they have a bar. Heh.

See everyone there!

Marauderman
02-19-2004, 05:18 PM
Alrighty. Restaurant has been forwarned of a large group of rowdy people heading thier way.

... I think they have a bar. Heh.

See everyone there!

If I recall, there is a hotel next door if we having to much fun at the bar........ :rock: :bounce:

Fin Harder 92
02-19-2004, 05:55 PM
Damn Marauderman, I had a power point presentation that I've worked really hard on...you owe me lunch.

That was fun. I haven't received a firm confirmation from Mark, I'll reach out to him tomorrow.

Take Care

Marauderman
02-19-2004, 06:58 PM
Damn Marauderman, I had a power point presentation that I've worked really hard on...you owe me lunch.

That was fun. I haven't received a firm confirmation from Mark, I'll reach out to him tomorrow.

Take Care
Please do cause we would like to have all fours again( colors). :up: ....cause I got a new camera for X-mas---and want those shots...... :bounce: ..