PDA

View Full Version : Custom Tuner is here Group buy

Dennis Reinhart
01-26-2004, 10:09 AM
OK here is what you have been waiting for this is the best thing short of a dyno Tune. SCT has cut the leading edge in tuning technology, here is there latest break through, The SCT hand held Custom tuner. With this tuner you can pull DTC = engine codes out of the EEC. The programer can store three upgradeable Custom files, you have the option of purchasing an additional package where I can send you a modified file and with this upgrade you can down load this into your tuner, you can adjust air fuel as well as axial ratios up to 5:15 gears. Sugested retail is 425.00

darebren
01-26-2004, 10:15 AM
just a matter of time before technology catches up with this car. Good news.

2 Questions,

is there a credit if we send back your chip?
can we pay extra to get a new ECU case without the metal door (chip protector) taken off?

Bowman9
01-26-2004, 10:31 AM
...what benifits does this "Custom programer" have over the regular "Superchips Microtuner" for us daily drivers who are just looking get more out of our daily drivers???

Dennis Reinhart
01-26-2004, 10:41 AM
just a matter of time before technology catches up with this car. Good news.

2 Questions,

is there a credit if we send back your chip?
can we pay extra to get a new ECU case without the metal door (chip protector) taken off?
You can buy a neew ECu I cannot give a credit on the chip

crom
01-26-2004, 11:13 AM
Does this new tuner basically take the place of the custom chip you offer? I.E. do you now have your custom programming that you use on the chip loaded into the SCT? Also, does the new SCT still store the OEM program on it so you can reinstall it, say prior to taking your car to the dealer (warranty issues) Thanks

Dennis Reinhart
01-26-2004, 12:07 PM
[QUOTE=crom]Does this new tuner basically take the place of the custom chip you offer? Yes but if you have the chip its fine to keep it

I.E. do you now have your custom programming that you use on the chip loaded into the SCT? YES

Also, does the new SCT still store the OEM program on it so you can reinstall it, say prior to taking your car to the dealer Yes

crom
01-26-2004, 12:36 PM
Sounds great! Thanks for the quick response and answering all of my questions.

MapleLeafMerc
...what benifits does this "Custom programer" have over the regular "Superchips Microtuner" for us daily drivers who are just looking get more out of our daily drivers???

What he said!

TooManyFords
That's good news Dennis!

It would be very helpful if you could post all of the options on the MM that can be "tuned" by this device. Rather than everyone ask in different messages, "Can this be tuned or that option be changed?" it would save everyone time for the complete list. If an option has min and max settings, that too would be nice on a "per option" basis.

Cheers!

John "waiting to buy you a beer"

Marauderjack
01-26-2004, 01:55 PM
Dennis...

Can you disable or delay TC lockup?? Mine locks at about 30MPH on light acceleration!!! :confused:

Marauderjack :pimp:

Dennis Reinhart
01-26-2004, 03:13 PM
Dennis...

Can you disable or delay TC lockup?? Mine locks at about 30MPH on light acceleration!!! :confused:

Marauderjack :pimp:

Yes I can make those changes for you

Marauderjack
01-26-2004, 03:34 PM
Mine is a 2004 car......If you got it together and can control the TC....I'll take one ASAP!! ;)

Marauderjack :D

Dennis Reinhart
01-26-2004, 03:47 PM
Mine is a 2004 car......If you got it together and can control the TC....I'll take one ASAP!! ;)

For a discount you can wait till we have 10 or more or you can call me about pricing

kurly
01-26-2004, 04:28 PM
For a discount you can wait till we have 10 or more or you can call me about pricing

Dennis, I want one ASAP too :banana:

I'm ready with checkbook or credit card.

Now I can begin Stage I ! :up:

LNYTUNS
01-26-2004, 05:19 PM
OK here is what you have been waiting for this is the best thing short of a dyno Tune. SCT has cut the leading edge in tuning technology, here is there latest break through, The SCT hand held Custom tuner. With this tuner you can pull DTC = engine codes out of the EEC. The programer can store three upgradeable Custom files, you have the option of purchasing an additional package where I can send you a modified file and you can down load this into your tuner, you can adjust air fuel as well as axial ratios up to 5:15 gears. Sugested retail is 425.00
Dennis,

Is this similar to the Superchips 1725 tuner? Is the SCT tuner preprogrammed from the factory or is it setup for the Marauder my you or me? Can the 1725 or SCT tuner account for gear and tire changes?

Thanks

Dennis Reinhart
01-26-2004, 05:36 PM
It works the same as the 1725 but it does a lot more and can be upgraded. I can even send you corected modifications, so you can up load the file into the tuner to download int your EEC

cyclone03
01-26-2004, 07:14 PM
Dennis,What of the following is end user adjustable with the SCT?
Speedo error for gear change,I'm sure this is a yes.
Rpm limit?
Max Shift RPM.
Torque Converter lock-up?

The tuner can be used to read trouble codes on all Fords with ECC-V,not just the the car it's purchased for,correct?

I understand the tune you put in for me in Dallas would become my "base"or stored tune.
After my headers,torque converter and trans main control mods the torque converter lock-up is a little strange and the wide open throttle shifts are too low.Can the SCT be programed to correct this?

DONP1217
01-26-2004, 07:45 PM
Are there advantages to this tuner over the standard SCMT? If so, what are they?

thanks

Dennis Reinhart
01-26-2004, 08:02 PM
Don if you read the first post it gives a basic explanation, of what it does over the 1725, I am working on a detailed explanation now. The advantage of this tuner is it can be loaded with a custom file just like the chips we sell it also alows you the owner to make changes your self, and it can be upgraded, it also stores three seperate programs, PLease let me talk to Chris tomorrow at SCT so I can get all the paticulars and I will post this tomorrow

DONP1217
01-26-2004, 09:15 PM
Dennis,

I did read your first post. The details, that you'll be posting tomorrow, are what I am looking for.

Marauderjack
01-27-2004, 04:00 AM
Me too!!! :cool4:

Count me in!!! :banana:

Dennis Reinhart
01-27-2004, 08:56 AM
Basicly what I have said in my post is corect with this new programer you can store three seperate custom programs in the tuner with this tuner, you can pull and clear EEC codes, with the optional upgrade cabel I can then send you corected files, ffor AF or axile changes you can then download the file from your PC, upload those into your tuner and flash your EEC, if you are at a dyno day we can tune the car save the file and load that into your tuner for you, so you can flash the eec with the dyno file. it also holds your stock EEC file. If you have further questions just give me a call, and we can get this group buy on the road.

Murader03
01-27-2004, 12:07 PM
If the "Group Buy" gets off the ground, and it's a reasonable price, I'm in for one.

:beer:

N40GL
01-27-2004, 01:00 PM
(Open Channel D)

Hi Dennis & Happy New Year!

I hope you had a great holiday. Please count me in for your tuner order. Will you be able to load it with the program you put in my car at Seymour? Then, I can store it in case some eager dealer decides to reflash the EEC and put the program back to where you left it.

Great news! I hope you are doing well.

Mark

(Closing Channel D)

jgc61sr2002
01-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Hi Mark - I see you signed up 7/02 but this is your first post. Just wanted to say hello and welcome back. :D

Marauderjack
01-27-2004, 02:34 PM
ALL INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT ME AS I AM COORDINATING THE "GROUP BUY" FOR DENNIS!!

PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND I WILL CALL TO DISCUSS ORDERING DETAILS.

Marauderjack :cool:

kurly
01-27-2004, 05:23 PM
ALL INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT ME AS I AM COORDINATING THE "GROUP BUY" FOR DENNIS!!

PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND I WILL CALL TO DISCUSS ORDERING DETAILS.

Marauderjack :cool:

Marauderjack. Hi.
I took Dennis's advice and called him today. I have already given him credit card info, etc., to order the SCT Custom Tuner, Stage I (thermostat, plugs) with stablizer & w/o chip, and 4:30 gears (extra cost) at group pricing. Dennis said he will call me back with confirming info. work number is 864-260-8365.

BULLDOGINU
01-27-2004, 05:43 PM
MARAUDERJACK, I talked to Dennis today about the new tuner & he took my order & credit card info. Call me if you need anything else (702) 248-4551. Thank You. My name is Louis.

Marauderjack
01-28-2004, 05:05 AM
SIX ORDERS AND COUNTING!!!! :rock:

Any more......Contact me ASAP!! :burnout:

Dennis Reinhart
01-28-2004, 10:31 AM
The tuners are here, I am getting calls from new members wanting to order just the tuner so they are really not aware of the stage 1 package, some of the senior members here can explain as well as I can why they should install 4:10's as well as colder plugs and thermostat, again I am not here to sell something you don't need, all we want is to get as much safe power as we can.

SergntMac
01-28-2004, 11:49 AM
Will you be able to load it with the program you put in my car at Seymour? Then, I can store it in case some eager dealer decides to reflash the EEC and put the program back to where you left it.

This is a good idea a lot of us should consider, moreso if you have a Jerry tune that's flashed. Insurance, got to have it.

RCSignals
01-28-2004, 03:20 PM
This is a good idea a lot of us should consider, moreso if you have a Jerry tune that's flashed. Insurance, got to have it.

The new custom tuner certainly has advantages, but if someone already has a chip, does a dealer reflash of the EEC effect the chip? I thought it didn't

schuvwj
01-28-2004, 07:56 PM
Dennis I have the following questions to ask you about the SCT hand held custom tuner.

I have Jerry's program in my ECM today, (no chip), from a past dyno tune in Chicago, but I would like to have three program options.
1) Jerry's Dyno tune program which I currently run every day.
2) Stock program with Trany shift upgrades and adjustment for 4:30 gears.
3) Stock program with only adjustment for 4:30 gears.

Dennis can this machine get me these three programs? If yes, then I will buy one!

Thanks!

woaface
01-28-2004, 08:11 PM
If this is one of the things I just got that was made by performaceford.com...then this thing ROCKS! I absolutly love it, It's shaved at least a second from my 0-60 times, and it picks up like a mother and doesn't lag as much after switching gears.

Dennis Reinhart
01-28-2004, 08:54 PM
OK I know there is a lot of confusion over this I will try and fix that now, if you really want to know please call, but here is what I know for sure I got five today I get five more tomorrow, this in my opinion is just great, the tuner comes to me blank I can load up to three separate files on to it, once that is done you can up load your stock, file so those of you that have a flashed EEC by me or Jerry it saves your file.

Now then you can flash your EEC with any of the three programs from the tuner, if you want to return your EEC to stock you just load up the saved file, Now if your EEC has been flashed with a custom file, I cannot change that file, since I do not have it. I do not plan on installing three files, on the programer, The programmer lists for 425.00 what I am doing is loading two files one for premium fuel and one for Race gas, if you want a third file it can be done but you will need to call me. With the tuner you can read engine codes and clear them, you have the option of buying a software kit with cable that will allow you to download files I can send you into the tuner and then you can flash the EEC with them. This is great for members who have cars on the dyno, I can correct an AF graph send you a file and you can make changes to the car right away, instead if waiting days for me to send a corrected chip. I worked all day to day loading files and programing a few tuners already, with in the next few months another version will be coming out, that will allow you to make timing axial changes and some AF changes your self, the tuner you buy now will be upgraded for free, all you will pay is to and from shipping, so I hope this helps again its a lot easier to explain on the phone.

RCSignals
01-28-2004, 10:06 PM
If this is one of the things I just got that was made by performaceford.com...then this thing ROCKS! I absolutly love it, It's shaved at least a second from my 0-60 times, and it picks up like a mother and doesn't lag as much after switching gears.

Didn't you buy a 1725 tuner?

woaface
01-29-2004, 07:20 AM
Didn't you buy a 1725 tuner?
Yes I did.

hitchhiker
02-09-2004, 12:05 PM
Is there at 2004 MM Tuner and Chip Yet?

Thanks,

David

thorburn@conl.net (916) 712-2272

gonzo50
02-09-2004, 12:52 PM
woaface, you have the SCMT, what Dennis is selling is the SCT, which is totally different.
Read the post Dennis posted just after yours and it explains it all...Thanks
(It's post #35)

Murader03
02-14-2004, 03:25 AM
OK here is what you have been waiting for this is the best thing short of a dyno Tune. SCT has cut the leading edge in tuning technology, here is there latest break through, The SCT hand held Custom tuner. With this tuner you can pull DTC = engine codes out of the EEC. The programer can store three upgradeable Custom files, you have the option of purchasing an additional package where I can send you a modified file and with this upgrade you can down load this into your tuner, you can adjust air fuel as well as axial ratios up to 5:15 gears. Sugested retail is 425.00 Dennis: Got the tuner Thursday. Haven't had time to play with it yet, and probably won't for another few days. Came set for 3.55's where I have 4.10's. Would also like to change the tire ratio as I have the same size all around. Will the tuner allow me to do this? Can I alter the stock program for the gears and tires if/when I would ever have to return it to stock? Can we do this ourselves or must we wait for you to send us an updated program? Manual doesn't say anything about being able to make changes on our own! If we can't alter the programming on our own, then the tuner is kind useless to me and I'll just keep the chip installed and return the tuner!

Will try and give you a call Monday!

Thanks for your efforts on our behave! :rock:

Dennis Reinhart
02-14-2004, 05:42 AM
Dennis: Got the tuner Thursday. Haven't had time to play with it yet, and probably won't for another few days. Came set for 3.55's where I have 4.10's. Would also like to change the tire ratio as I have the same size all around. Will the tuner allow me to do this? Can I alter the stock program for the gears and tires if/when I would ever have to return it to stock? Can we do this ourselves or must we wait for you to send us an updated program? Manual doesn't say anything about being able to make changes on our own! If we can't alter the programming on our own, then the tuner is kind useless to me and I'll just keep the chip installed and return the tuner!

Will try and give you a call Monday!

Thanks for your efforts on our behave! :rock:

Its been explained Bob call me Monday or today I am there till noon

PhkinQk
03-15-2004, 04:59 AM
Hello Dennis, I hope you're not too busy to answer these questions. If so, if you could send me a link to were the info is, cause I couldn't find the pricing or the stage particulars on your site or here.

Are there still tuners available and how much for tuner/tuner with cable?

What's in a Stage one kit and the price?

What's in a Stage two kit and the price?

And, if it's not in the above stages, how much is the exhaust replacement kit?

I hope you can help or direct me, thanks for your time ..........................Rob