PDA

View Full Version : # 21

BRSMERC
01-26-2004, 04:35 PM
Hello All:

I took the leap - I am the proud owner of kit # 21. That would be Marauder SC'd # 21 in the US and most likely #1 in Canada.
I was as excited as a little boy on Christmas Morning - "Red Rider BB Gun comes to mind!". The kit is first class in all respects - very impressive.
I'll have to wait for spring to install - no point in this snow. Who would want to take her out on her maiden run in less than perfect weather and without being polished and beautiful. I hope I don't shoot my eye out!

Brian (Ralphie)

CRUZTAKER
01-26-2004, 04:45 PM
Welcome and congratulations!!!

But please, elaborate...what setup did you get?

Logan
01-26-2004, 05:13 PM
Hmmm, since it's posted in the Trilogy forum, I wonder... ;)

glassman99
01-26-2004, 05:20 PM
I've been :bounce: in the setup and you will be impressed. Congratulations! on what a lot of us aspire to!

MapleLeafMerc
01-26-2004, 06:09 PM
Hello All:

I took the leap - I am the proud owner of kit # 21. That would be Marauder SC'd # 21 in the US and most likely #1 in Canada.
I was as excited as a little boy on Christmas Morning - "Red Rider BB Gun comes to mind!". The kit is first class in all respects - very impressive.
I'll have to wait for spring to install - no point in this snow. Who would want to take her out on her maiden run in less than perfect weather and without being polished and beautiful. I hope I don't shoot my eye out!

Brian (Ralphie)

Congratulations Ralphie, you likely are the first up here!

-you're waiting for spring to install it ...yourself?

-maiden run- for the car or kit? How long have you had your car?

CRUZTAKER
01-26-2004, 06:17 PM
Hmmm, since it's posted in the Trilogy forum, I wonder... ;)
Oh well, sometimes I just hit 'new posts' and don't pay attention to the forum.

My Bad.:shake:

Allow me to paraphrase....Nice Trilogy Blower Brian, eww yeah, WTG:rock:

MI2QWK4U
01-26-2004, 08:13 PM
Hey, Congrats....you wont regret it when you are smoking just about anything on the road, including other Marauders! Mine was the First one installed after the prototype, and I couldn't be happier. You wont find a better guy to deal with than Jerry Barnes. Good luck and keep us posted on how things go.
Dave

BRSMERC
01-31-2004, 10:08 AM
Hi:
It's the Trilogy powder coated kit - I'll probably kick myself for not going polished. My Marauder has about 9000 km on it and the maiden voyage will be with the supercharger. I'll do the install myself - I feel pretty confident after reading the installation instructions. I will probably install it in March - winter will done by then. It’s hard to think about it at -40.
Here is a question. In our winters a supercharger is not really required. Would it be acceptable to remove the drive belt and also force the supercharger into its bypass mode? This would avoid wear and tear on the associated equipment for at least 4 months of the year?

Logan
01-31-2004, 11:16 AM
No. The chip is programmed assuming the supercharger is on. Solution for winter driving is simple, stay out of the boost.

duhtroll
01-31-2004, 11:28 AM
This just got me to thinking - what about a dual-mode chip to address this?

Possible? Run the SC when you want and bypass/flip a switch when you don't.

Just a thought - of course I am on no carbs in my diet right now so I could be seeing things as well as making things up out of the blue.

Thanks,
-A

MI2QWK4U
01-31-2004, 11:38 AM
No. The chip is programmed assuming the supercharger is on. Solution for winter driving is simple, stay out of the boost.

Logan is right, just stay out of the boost, no wide open throttle. If you have the vaccum/boost gauge that shows both sides, its not hard to do. If you drive normal, and keep off hitting the gas hard, you dont get into the boost. It is how I got my wife used to driving it, she thought that if you give it gas, even a little, the blower kicks in. Once I explaned that for easy everyday driving, the car will be in vaccum, only when you get the rpms up or get on it hard will the gauge register vaccum changing to boost. Actually you can drive the car fairly hard and not even hit the boost, much more spirited that you would drive in snow or inclimate weather. Thats why you use the combo gauge, its good for getting to know what your blower does and when it does it according to your style of driving.

Dr Caleb
01-31-2004, 03:51 PM
Hello All:

. . . and most likely #1 in Canada.

Brian (Ralphie)

Crap! I am saving for this very thing :(

Kudos though! But at least I might have the chance to install before you! But I most likely be able to put it on the road till April.

Congrats Ralphie!

BRSMERC
02-21-2004, 09:57 AM
Hi:
I have a general question about the supercharger. The unit came with no paper. Does someone know how to get an operation and maintenance manual - if they exist? Is there any maintenance required? What kind of time between overhauls should be expected?

Brian

TripleG
02-21-2004, 03:47 PM
Well, I'm almost ready to take the plunge too get kit #22. I'll have a professional do mind (if I get one). J & M Motorsports in Manchester CT has a good reputation doing Vetts and he's pretty willing to work with me regarding cost of installing.

He's checking into the Kenny Bell blower but I don't think he'll find anthing out there that's complete as this kit. I don't want to reinvent the wheel so to speak.

Can you e-mail or tell me were I can get a complete parts list of the kit?

Enjoy and congrats on getting the supercharger.

woaface
02-21-2004, 03:54 PM
Oh well, sometimes I just hit 'new posts' and don't pay attention to the forum. Yeah, I did the same thing and almost asked the same question...

Oh wait, I'm always doin the obvious stuff:)

MarauderMark
02-21-2004, 04:06 PM
This just got me to thinking - what about a dual-mode chip to address this?

Possible? Run the SC when you want and bypass/flip a switch when you don't.

Just a thought - of course I am on no carbs in my diet right now so I could be seeing things as well as making things up out of the blue.

Thanks,
-AReminds me of a movie , cant remember the name but the kid says hit the blower when they are allready crusin at 90 mph:lol: .i sure fell ya no carb diet :uzi: .the flavored paper tastes good when your starvin.
Congratulations on your newly found h/p...:burnout:

Lowell
02-21-2004, 04:26 PM
Congatulations! I've been in the back seat of #2. This type of fun makes us 18 again. Enjoy. :banana2: ;)

TripleG
02-21-2004, 05:45 PM
Can you e-mail or tell me were I can get a complete parts list of the kit?

Found it in PDF format. Logan posted it in the Install Guide