PDA

View Full Version : Whats been going on....

MI2QWK4U
01-26-2004, 07:52 PM
Just so the Motor City guys know whats been going on...
Darryl went out and checked out some potential locations for Woodward, its a great start, but realistically, hosting a "Regional Meet" is going to be a big undertaking to pull off. I think that there will be more than a few that will come from Chicago, Ohio, Ontario, etc. Like Darryl said in his post yesterday, I think its realistic to have 35-45 Marauders at Woodward if we do it right. I am adding members to our list and we are over 20 so far, some in for everything we can do, some looking for the big events due to time off and other concerns. Its a great start and it will get better as the season develops. We have been talking about having dues to fund group expenses, or having everyone pony up each time an expense comes up, anyone have any preference? I think we will end up with doing the dues and having someone keep a ledger, but nothing is set in stone yet. This is your group, so sound off by sending me a PRIVATE MESSAGE with your suggestions on anything! I also need you guys to send me any ideas for events, big or small, that you think we can go to and hang out and cause trouble at. I have a calender that has the basic stuff we can do, including indy, woodys, red robin, woodward, st thomas, etc. This will really help us lay things out, see when things conflict and serve us well for planning things out, so its important to get the event to me so I can update it. When I get things like the calender and member list updated, I will mail them out to you, I am just waiting to get info from some members, and event info for the St Thomas tour, including hotel and drag strip info, Trilogy open house, and the Indy Meet. We do need to register with the IMOA and become members for Indy, but I was told that we are working on getting our own host hotel for the event, so DON'T SIGN UP FOR THE IMOA TO RESERVE YOUR HOTEL ROOMS ON THEIR INDY SIGN UP SHEET. COMPLETE IT WITH ALL OF THE INFO TO REGISTER THAT YOU ARE ATTENDING THE EVENT, BUT LEAVE THE LODGING INFO BLANK. Any questions call me or PM me and I will fill you in. Basically the host hotel only has 108 rooms....and we are concerned that half of us will get bumped to another hotel anyway, so we are going to set up our own host hotel so all of the New Marauders from Our Forum will be together. I am planning on talking to Bob Mathis about what he is got going so far on a new hotel, but when one is picked, you will just call and reserve your own room(s) from a block that is reserved for us. More on that to follow. Remember, keep trying to recruit more Motor City Marauder members! I saw 3 Marauders today alone that I never saw before. I have been busy trying to sort stuff out, so bear with me, I'm sure I forgot some stuff, but this is in in a nutshell for now.....stay tuned folks...

dwasson
01-26-2004, 09:12 PM
Good work Dave. Has anyone approached Ford/Lincoln/Mercury for help on reserving a space at the Dream Cruise? They have more juice than we do.

Otherwise, let me know if you need me to do anything.

bigslim
01-26-2004, 10:24 PM
Maybe we can use some of Jerry's resources to help with the Ford input.

Logan
01-27-2004, 06:00 AM
Dave, I can setup Event Calendars specific to your group if you like. It not only maintains events, but can email reminders and all that jazz too.

Hack Goby
01-27-2004, 04:08 PM
Been working on some art work for logos,I have a few ideas but I want you guys to check them out.Don`t want to rip off anybody but checker flags and Marauders go hand in hand.Anybody else got any idea`s?

Lowell
01-27-2004, 09:44 PM
I will do what I am able to do when I am able to! :beer:

merc406
01-28-2004, 06:51 AM
Paul, I kinda liked the one Darryl had, maybe instead of the background being black in that one, put in the checked flag for the background.

Or checker on the skull cap.

Or same circle and outer edge,with the center being from top to botom--Godhead--Mercury in script, center--and crossed flags, at the bottom.

Or same circle ^ with outer edge--Marauder--Crown Vic, being spelled out and MCM at the bottom of the circle.