PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy Blower started going on today...

Lidio
01-28-2004, 08:04 PM
Well I’m happy to say that the Trilogy blower started to go on my own MM today… If all goes well when I return from California next week by Tuesday I should be able to start road testing and dynoing my car.

I wanted to mention that on my own Trilogy blower deal right off the bat I’m doing two things different then the kit normal supplies. The stock Trilogy intercooler heat exchanger radiator is the stock unit used from an ’03 Cobra… this is a very efficient and hard to beat unit as is. But as usual with my own stuff and always looking for an improvement, I’m having my local custom radiator guy build me one that’s about twice the size of the stock Trilogy one. Not sure if it will fit exactly yet but at a glance the “behind the grill area” of a MM is pretty roomy. Plus I plan on adding a fan to my heat exchanger to help it work better when the car isn’t moving very fast.

The other thing I’m doing that’s above and beyond a normal Trilogy blower is I had my blower ported by Apten. I recently heard about these guys and their porting abilities to find some noticeable power on the stock Eaton’s that come on the Lightning’s and the ’03 Cobra’s. I just got the blower back today and it looks good.

Although I have to say they told me over the phone that their not sure if they found as much of an improvement with the Trilogy Eton as they do with the stock Cobra and Lightning ones. The reason we think this is that the Trilogy supplied Eaton is bought from Magnason and I guess some what prepped by Magnason a little differt then the stock Cobra and Lightning units.
Either way they (Apten) think they found some thing that will improve it.

Every Trilogy car with the stock 3.4” blower pulley and stock exhaust or only a muffler change makes about 9.5 psi of boost and average about 380-390RWHP with mounds of torque off idle and midrange. To test out the blower mod I’m not changing the stock 3.4” pulley for now.
So aside from the bigger heat exchanger and the 4.10’s I have… the RWHP should be close to a normal Trilogy set up aside from what the Apten blower porting will do, which will hopefully show up as more boost and potentially more RWHP in the end.

Then after all that’s been tested and figured out… shortly after I will go to a smaller blower pulley, larger throttle body, larger MASS air meter etc…

Just so some of you know… I wasn’t sure till now but the MM does have a rather nice stand alone trans cooler which looks like its all it will need even with looser torque converters.

Thanks and I won’t be able to respond to this till after February 2nd

JET
01-28-2004, 08:15 PM
You lucky dog. Can't wait to here the results. I may have to ship my car back to you if the changes make a big difference.

Make sure you keep an eye on the installer.

:rasta: :rock: :bounce: :banana2: :bounce: :rasta: :rock:

Logan
01-29-2004, 06:45 AM
Lidio, I run a Stallion and the stock cooler is "ok", but if you're beating on it, trans temps can fairly easily climb to 200-205... In normal driving or a blast or two down the track, it performs well enough, keeps temps to about 190...

Mine is making about 11psi... :)

MI2QWK4U
01-29-2004, 01:47 PM
Did you get your car Dynoed yet? Or are you using the boost gauge for how much boost your beast is making? What pully did you use?

Logan
01-29-2004, 02:24 PM
Stock pulley. Haven't dyno'd yet, probably not til Monday/Tuesday... Bolting up the brakes tomorrow.

Lidio
02-01-2004, 09:12 PM
For the most part they all make about 9.6 psi with the stock 3.4" pulley. The Auto-Meter gauges for some reason shows about 10-10.5+psi.

On my dyno... I use a very accurate boost logging device and this is where we always see 9.6ish on all Trilogy blowers with the 3.4" pulley.