PDA

View Full Version : hi-flow cats

jettle
01-29-2004, 11:29 AM
Has anyone in california installed these? Called my muffler shop today for magnaflow prices and I asked about the cats. They wont touch anything less than 7 years old. Is there a bolt on kit for our cars yet?

BillyGman
01-29-2004, 01:39 PM
Kook's offers bolt on ones for our cars which are included w/their exhaust package. I highly recommend the their headers and exhaust package. The whole thing reduced my ET's at the track by .55 seconds, and I'm constantly getting compliments on how good the car sounds from guys of all ages. BTW, I also went w/the 18" straight-thru design Magnaflow mufflers that Kook's will also include at your request, and everything is bolt-on from the engine to the back of the mufflers.

jettle
01-29-2004, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the reply. Do you mean you dont have to have the mufflers welded in after putting in the rest of the Kooks parts?

I just ordered a set of Magnaflows :confused:

SergntMac
01-29-2004, 07:31 PM
You go, Billy G. You go...

BillyGman
01-29-2004, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the reply. Do you mean you dont have to have the mufflers welded in after putting in the rest of the Kooks parts?

I just ordered a set of Magnaflows :confused:

all I can tell you is that I ordered the entire set-up from Kook's, and they "bull-nosed" the inlets of the Magnaflow mufflers, so they would slide right over the 2.5" diameter "X"-Pipe extensions w/a snug fit, and they also included special muffler band clamps to clamp them in place. So that took care of the front of the mufflers(the inlets). As for the back of the mufflers(the outlets) You can probably clamp the driver's side one onto the tailpipe, but most guys will have a tough time clamping the passenger side muffler to the tailpipe on that side because the bend in that pipe begins too close behind the muffler. So in most cases the passenger side will need to be welded. So you would most likely have to remove that tailpipe, or just leave it hanging while you drive to a muffler shop to have it welded to the outlet of the muffler. But unless you've had the Magnaflows that you've purchased "bull-nosed" on the inlet side like that, then you'll need them welded in the front also.