PDA

View Full Version : The silver birch is back!

Ms. Denmark
02-10-2012, 06:01 PM
My SB is safely back home after spending 4 months down the road at the Ford/Mercury body shop! The saga started on Thursday night, Oct. 13th, on my way home from MV 9. On a dark and lonely back road a big, giant buck mistook my car for a doe. :eek: It shattered my right headlight and side marker, dented my hood, bent the tip of my right fender, shattered my grille, and caused general havoc on the front of the car. But now it looks better than ever with a new hood, 2 new headlights, a new grille and some new paint. I had the front license plate removed and the holes filled. That looks awesome! It is a sight for sore eyes! That car is my baby. Unfortunately my computer has suddenly decided it no longer recognizes my camera so I can't post pics tonight.

Weather permitting we will drive it out to Gettysburg next Sunday for the ABC lunch and meet before putting it to bed for the rest of the winter.

DOOM
02-10-2012, 06:02 PM
:congrats:

:party: :cool5:

PonyUP
02-10-2012, 06:03 PM
Great to hear Ms D, I'll bet it was frustrating waiting to get her back, but good things come to those who wait.

Glad the Birch is back

Pony seal of Approval

FastMerc
02-10-2012, 06:12 PM
Glad to hear your silver baby is back I know how it is when they are away from home,lol. Try not to attract any more of those bucks lol... :P

Mercguy04
02-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Congratulation Paula.
That Buck knew a good woman when he saw one. Eric should have been there with his
30.06 and you would have had deer Steaks for a while.
No more driving on dark roads at night for you and the SB

I know how happy you must feel. Now we can all share in your Joy.
Yes your baby is home at last. Smiles all around
Russell
Can I go for a ride?

yjmud
02-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Your lucky not to have popped the air bags that damn near totals any vehicle I got lucky with mine did the same damage but on the left side

Ms. Denmark
02-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Great to hear Ms D, I'll bet it was frustrating waiting to get her back, but good things come to those who wait.

Glad the Birch is back

Pony seal of Approval LOL Brad! Why didn't I think of that. Would have made a way better title! :D

Mark, I will heed your advice!

And Russell, I definitely owe you a ride!!

I feel very lucky that the airbags didn't go off and my dogs and I were not hurt. Even that buck picked himself off the road and ran off.;)

WhatsUpDOHC
02-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Great News Ms. D.!!!!

I know that it's been a long road.

I'm sure that it's great to have your MM back and complete again.

Believe it or not, I've been thinking about you and your SB (we have to stick together).

What is the Gettysburg ABC lunch next Sunday? Is this a MM event?

Not that I can make it - Just thinkin'......

Mark

WhatsUpDOHC
02-10-2012, 06:36 PM
The Birch is back

Nice. :beer:

Shaijack
02-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Glad to hear you got SB back.

guspech750
02-10-2012, 07:40 PM
That's great news for sure Paula. I'm glad your SB is finally home.

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

SGT_MERC
02-10-2012, 07:49 PM
I'm glad to hear your baby is at home safe and sound.

Ms. Denmark
02-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Mark, this is the thread: ABC meet Sunday February 19th 1PM (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77080) (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/misc/multipage.gif 1 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77080) 2 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77080&page=2) 3 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77080&page=3))

Everyone is welcome! It's at The Appalachian Brewing Company restaurant in Gettysburg, PA.
You all need to come! And thank you all for the kind words!

TAKEDOWN
02-10-2012, 10:19 PM
AwEs0mE news Ms.D!!!!

RubberCtyRauder
02-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Great news!!! from one SB to another SB

snookey
02-10-2012, 11:43 PM
great news maybe we could meet at the ''englishtown new jersey'' cruise day in the spring . I have a 2004 sb.

mohammed
02-11-2012, 01:52 AM
:congrats: :banana2:

Bluerauder
02-11-2012, 06:14 AM
Glad to hear that you gt the SB back in great shape. Don't think I could handle a 4 month break from the MM as well as you have.

SC Cheesehead
02-11-2012, 06:39 AM
Good stuff, Ms. D!

Put the SB in storage until it's time to come out for Louisville.

FastMerc
02-11-2012, 09:05 AM
Mark, this is the thread: ABC meet Sunday February 19th 1PM (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77080) (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/misc/multipage.gif 1 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77080) 2 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77080&page=2) 3 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77080&page=3))

Everyone is welcome! It's at The Appalachian Brewing Company restaurant in Gettysburg, PA.
You all need to come! And thank you all for the kind words!
You talkin to meeeee :P Alot of Marks here lol

Ms. Denmark
02-11-2012, 09:22 AM
You talkin to meeeee :P Alot of Marks here lol I am always talking to you Mark! LOL and I do wish you could come to this meet! But actually I posted it for WhatsUpDOHC. (Mark) He stands a fighting chance of making it.;)

HammerDown
02-11-2012, 09:25 AM
:party: :cool5:[/QUOTE]

Yay Paula!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad it's finally fixed and back with ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope to see you next week!!!!!!!!!!

Ms. Denmark
02-11-2012, 09:29 AM
:party: :cool5:

Yay Paula!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad it's finally fixed and back with ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope to see you next week!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Connie, we'll see you and the FRKman on Sunday!!!

justbob
02-11-2012, 09:44 AM
That's great Paula! But why so dang long?

Ms. Denmark
02-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Well, first there was the wrangling with the insurance company. Then there was the ordering of OEM parts. Some were more difficult to get a hold of. And then the painting of course. It could have been ready a bit sooner but we did tell the shop to take as much time as needed and we were in no rush. Frankly, having it tucked away in the bodyshop garage freed up space in ours. ;) (Eric and I have 2 Marauders, 1 extended cab long bed pickup and 1 SUV between us.) But I am so glad to have my SB home again.

guspech750
02-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Well, first there was the wrangling with the insurance company. Then there was the ordering of OEM parts. Some were more difficult to get a hold of. And then the painting of course. It could have been ready a bit sooner but we did tell the shop to take as much time as needed and we were in no rush. Frankly, having it tucked away in the bodyshop garage freed up space in ours. ;) (Eric and I have 2 Marauders, 1 extended cab long bed pickup and 1 SUV between us.) But I am so glad to have my SB home again.

What was the hassle with the insurance company about? Did you switch companies after that experience?

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

DOOM
02-11-2012, 10:29 AM

She had the blower put on! :banana2: :banana: :banana2:

:burn: :burnout: :burnout:

Ms. Denmark
02-11-2012, 10:55 AM
What was the hassle with the insurance company about? Did you switch companies after that experience?

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!! No Joe. It turned out OK. It was about making sure I had all OEM replacement parts, did not want hood "repaired", did not want any aftermarket stuff. It just took a bit of explaining and negotiating. Luckily Eric took care of that. They ultimately worked with us. Just took some patience. I think that it boils down to the fact that we drive a low production car which most of us want to maintain as stock as possible and OEM parts are expensive and/or difficult to find. *There was also a last minute delay in getting an OEM grille. They ordered a SB which they then could not find. Then ordered a black one which was repainted, but it took some time to figure out if/what to paint the teeth. They decided on a dark charcoal after comparing it to the broken one. It looks spot on. And as I say, we were in no rush.

Ms. Denmark
02-11-2012, 10:59 AM
She had the blower put on! :banana2: :banana: :banana2:

:burn: :burnout: :burnout: I do want a Trilogy after driving Comin'in Hot's rescued black. Might have wanted one sooner, but you never threw me your keys.:rolleyes: Derek didn't know me nearly as well, and he just handed them over!:D :P

knine
02-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Glad your ride is back home. :2thumbs:

guspech750
02-11-2012, 03:39 PM
No Joe. It turned out OK. It was about making sure I had all OEM replacement parts, did not want hood "repaired", did not want any aftermarket stuff. It just took a bit of explaining and negotiating. Luckily Eric took care of that. They ultimately worked with us. Just took some patience. I think that it boils down to the fact that we drive a low production car which most of us want to maintain as stock as possible and OEM parts are expensive and/or difficult to find. *There was also a last minute delay in getting an OEM grille. They ordered a SB which they then could not find. Then ordered a black one which was repainted, but it took some time to figure out if/what to paint the teeth. They decided on a dark charcoal after comparing it to the broken one. It looks spot on. And as I say, we were in no rush.
Oh ok. I see. Thats great that you got OEM parts. Im glad your SB is ready to rock out:burnout:

CBT
02-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Far out, throw up some pics of the sparkly new front end! :beer:

Ladyhawke
02-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Congrats Paula, glad you have your baby back!!

71cyclone
02-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Congrats Paula, glad you have your baby back!!
Welcome Back / The Few the Proud & the Beautiful { silva burch }:banana2:

Mr. Man
02-12-2012, 11:03 PM
Far out, throw up some pics of the sparkly new front end! :beer:
You and I Sir have some sorting out to do. :mad: Sabers at dawn:duel:

CBT
02-13-2012, 04:46 AM
You and I Sir have some sorting out to do. :mad: Sabers at dawn:duel:
You no own picture taking device?

PRCARGUY
02-13-2012, 07:46 AM
Glad to hear the SB is back in it's spot in the garage. :banana2: