PDA

View Full Version : who to talk to about a tune

lttljp15
02-13-2012, 02:06 PM
i have a 03 MM with SW headers corba cams stock intake jmod stock line pressure 4.10 gears, the tune was done awhile ago on a xcal 2 i have a xcal3 and want to get it retuned but i dont know who tuned the car, i have a dyno sheet from the last owner having 305 RWHP is there room for more power and who should i talk to thanks

ktt
02-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Imo u should call mo's speed shop. They r one of our vendors

guspech750
02-13-2012, 02:58 PM
If you want a dyno tune. I would say drive on down to Manchesney Park next to Rockford and contact Tim Barth at Mr Norms. He has done my dyno tune, and many other Marauder owners.

But if you want a kick ass tune shipped or emailed to you without a dyno tune. Contact Marty at Mo's Speed shop here. One of our Vendors.

But since you have headers and cams You may need a dyno tune. Hopefully someone will say if you need a dyno tune or not with your headers.

I'm would say with having headers and cams. You'd be better off with a dyno tune.

http://www.mrnormsgarage.com/

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Ms. Denmark
02-13-2012, 03:04 PM
I see you're in SF. Contact one of the Bay Area boys for some advice as to local dyno shops. oops you are in MI. My bad! Never mind...

martyo
02-13-2012, 03:14 PM
If you want mail order, I would be happy to hook you up.

If you want a dyno tune, I would recommend Lidio @ Alternative Automotive. He is not just a vendor here but a great tuner, very knowledgeable, and a good guy:

He can be reached at 586-463-0010.

ctrlraven
02-13-2012, 03:51 PM
I see you're in SF. Contact one of the Bay Area boys for some advice as to local dyno shops. oops you are in MI. My bad! Never mind...
I was going to say, the OP isn't in the bay area. lol

If you want mail order, I would be happy to hook you up.

If you want a dyno tune, I would recommend Lidio @ Alternative Automotive. He is not just a vendor here but a great tuner, very knowledgeable, and a good guy:

He can be reached at 586-463-0010.
+1

tbone
02-13-2012, 04:29 PM
If you want a dyno tune. I would say drive on down to Manchesney Park next to Rockford and contact Tim Barth at Mr Norms. He has done my dyno tune, and many other Marauder owners.

But if you want a kick ass tune shipped or emailed to you without a dyno tune. Contact Marty at Mo's Speed shop here. One of our Vendors.

But since you have headers and cams You may need a dyno tune. Hopefully someone will say if you need a dyno tune or not with your headers.

I'm would say with having headers and cams. You'd be better off with a dyno tune.

http://www.mrnormsgarage.com/

Sent from my iPhone

I wonder if it's worth it to get my car dyno tuned even though I'm n/a? How much does it cost?

guspech750
02-13-2012, 04:46 PM
I wonder if it's worth it to get my car dyno tuned even though I'm n/a? How much does it cost?

A dyno tune is always better than an over the counter tune. But being NA with no headers, or ported/polished intake, or cams. I think a dyno tune would be a waste of money until you got some more significant mods.

Sent from my iPhone

martyo
02-13-2012, 06:32 PM
A dyno tune is always better than an over the counter tune. But being NA with no headers, or ported/polished intake, or cams. I think a dyno tune would be a waste of money until you got some more significant mods.

I'd agree.

ctrlraven
02-14-2012, 06:36 AM
You only really need a dyno tune once a part has modified the AFR such as doing headers. I did a dyno tune on my car but that's only because I opened up the whole exhaust system from the stock exhaust manifolds back. Probably didn't need it really but thought I would be safe.

RF Overlord
02-16-2012, 12:54 PM
Lidio or martyo FTW... !

lttljp15
02-21-2012, 08:15 AM
well i just bought the car from kmastl and the cams are NOT degree should i start there? and who would be the guy to do that? also it has a hard start/ slight misfire under load, prolly do some plugs and plugs boots and see what i got.

martyo
02-21-2012, 08:46 AM
well i just bought the car from kmastl and the cams are NOT degree should i start there? and who would be the guy to do that? also it has a hard start/ slight misfire under load, prolly do some plugs and plugs boots and see what i got.

I'd run up to Alternative and see Lidio. I suspect more than one problem may be present based on your posts.