PDA

View Full Version : Pirelli Road Report

Ross
01-30-2004, 08:16 AM
Took a business trip up to Northeast Texas this week on my new Pirelli P-Zero Assymetricos. Drove up with 36 lbs. all around, and the ride was too hard for me. Dropped the pressure to 34 and it felt a lot nicer for my taste. Had some free time one afternoon, so I took off on some winding back country roads. Observations:

1. These tires are really sticky. Very good control going fast around curves.

2. This car LOVES driving around curves. Great stability and feel, even at high speeds.

I did find out how limited my own driving abilities are, however. I was taking curves faster than I had ever done in my life, and I know this car/tire combination could have done a lot more, but I was starting to scare myself.
I guess, like Dirty Harry says,"A man has to know his limitations."
I would love to take a driving school course to learn some of the finer points of high speed driving, because I know this car will do more than I am capable of making it do.
It sure was fun, though, seeing how much more this machine will do than anything I have ever owned before.

Silver_04
01-31-2004, 08:28 AM
I would love to take a driving school course to learn some of the finer points of high speed driving, because I know this car will do more than I am capable of making it do.

I think you are on to something here-Group purchase for MM.net members at a driving school?

SergntMac
01-31-2004, 05:24 PM
Congrats, Ross, I am happy you are pleased. Pirellis a bit more expensive, but well worth it. They'll be the stock tire on the '05 Mustang GT.