PDA

View Full Version : Prototype drawing

CRUZTAKER
01-31-2004, 05:04 PM
While meeting with Jerry a few weeks ago, I saw a prototype drawing he had and asked if I could have one. The more I look at it, the more I look forward to the availability of the ground effects kit. I had to share this great drawing, I love the front airdam, chopped door handles, and the lowered appearance with what looks to be 19" wheels.

What I found most intriguing was the color the artist chose for the car...I like that color...alot. (Kind of a Sunday-go-to-meetin' color)

Good job Jerry...and BTW, I hope this pic wasn't classified:D
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=2/627Trilogy_prototype-med.jpg

MarauderMark
01-31-2004, 05:33 PM
Allmost looks like the one at the sema show..Yea it sure is sweet lookin .they should start sellin body kits like that too..

Donny Carlson
01-31-2004, 05:34 PM
Very, very tasty. Where do I sign up for this kit?:banana2:

Petrograde
01-31-2004, 05:40 PM
Allmost looks like the one at the sema show..Yea it sure is sweet lookin .they should start sellin body kits like that too..

:lol: I believe it is the one from the SEMA show. As for buying them,.. they should be available soon.

Tom

MI2QWK4U
01-31-2004, 05:41 PM
This is the final prototype concept drawing for the SEMA Trilogy car. It is exactly what we saw in Vegas at the SEMA show. And it wasn't designed for Ford, Jerry created it exclusively for his second Trilogy show car for the SEMA show, and originally had NO plans to market it as a ground effects kit. So there is next to none chance of seeing it on a production car from the factory. I also have good information that the 2005 factory supercharged Marauder just isn't going to happen, pure and simple. The effects kit does look good, pictures dont do it justice, you need to see it up close and in person. I fear that the cost will put this kit out of our reach though. Hopefully Jerry will have some news for us soon on it!

CRUZTAKER
01-31-2004, 05:49 PM
2quick and Petro are correct. I chose not to elaborate the details. I do however anxiously await the final bids on the cost to make this kit.

TripleTransAm
01-31-2004, 06:19 PM
Looks cool from that angle... gives it a Mercedes kind of look. You know, the ones that were breathed on by a tuner, like AMG or something....

jgc61sr2002
01-31-2004, 06:44 PM
The front facia looks good. Nice job.:D

Bowman9
01-31-2004, 07:05 PM
I think it makes the Marauder look like a "big" Lincoln LS, which is not a bad thing, just more european looking.

SergntMac
01-31-2004, 08:12 PM
Y'all should know that there is a real Lady in my life who watches over my shoulder. Not only on my mods, but my MM.Net posts, and my road trips too. She's really hip on most of this MM stuff.

(okay, who is writing to her, eh? One of y'all is keeping her up to date and I don't appreciate this back door stuff! Knock it off!)

Her first response to this treatment came in the form of a question I had to prove an answer for. The question was "when did you hit the garage wall, and how much did it cost us."

Honest to God, that's what she asked, and I have to agree with her, this pic looks like an MM punched in the nose.

Shaved door handles, lower stance, larger wheels, and all that...Well, we never got that far in our discussion. Her last words were "don't you go there" with a few more vowels and verbs, to taste.

Someone bail me out, please? I love the MM, but I have to say..."this sucks."

Donny Carlson
01-31-2004, 08:14 PM
I didn't notice the missing door handles before.:cool4:

CRUZTAKER
01-31-2004, 08:23 PM
Someone bail me out, please? I love the MM, but I have to say..."this sucks."OK, Mac....I hear ya loud and clear. So in '05, at the MM national meet, when you see this setup on my car....I don't even want to hear you say you want to trade:D And I've got another big ole "I told you so" stored in my closet:baaa:

Deja Vu?

BTW: I owe you some + points for your post....it said I have to 'spread the reputation' some more before I am able to hook you up...damn limitations!

Marauder
02-01-2004, 09:26 AM
......with what looks to be 19" wheels.....

On top on me loving this kit and wating to get my hands on one, "IF" a 19" stock-looking wheel gets produced, put me down for that too!!!!!! :D

Racerx88
02-01-2004, 11:15 AM
Where have you guys been? This drawing was posted several times before, here's one of the threads
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5806&highlight=Trilogy

I wish they'd hurry up and get this kit produced!

SergntMac
02-01-2004, 12:08 PM
OK, Mac....I hear ya loud and clear. So in '05, at the MM national meet, when you see this setup on my car....I don't even want to hear you say you want to trade:D And I've got another big ole "I told you so" stored in my closet:baaa:

Just having some fun, Barry, don't take me seriuosly.

Billatpro
02-01-2004, 12:21 PM
Just having some fun, Barry, don't take me seriuosly.

OK, I'm lost, you do like this look Mac or you don't? I mean I going to find it very hard to make this mod with out your blessings!(tongue in cheek):D

woaface
02-01-2004, 12:52 PM
I like it and all, but isn't it a little low? Are the tires going to scrape the fenders at all? Could all that still be done without sacrificing the daily ride of the car? I wouldn't want it if I could only use it for show purposes.

Bigdogjim
02-01-2004, 01:08 PM
I go with Mac on this one.

Looks like the Marauder hit a wall?

Too european looking to me.

woaface
02-01-2004, 07:57 PM
If I heard correctly, Andy Dick was showing off his Marauder on MTV's Cribs.

SHWEET!

Marauder
02-02-2004, 08:51 AM

SHWEET!
Was it his or just parked in front of his house? I thought he introduced the car, said he loved it, and that it wasn't his...LOL.

woaface
02-02-2004, 02:55 PM
Was it his or just parked in front of his house? I thought he introduced the car, said he loved it, and that it wasn't his...LOL.

Never saw the show, just heard:)

Jerry Barnes
02-02-2004, 06:03 PM
O.K. Folks,

Here's the poop. I am still working with the suppliers to get this kit priced and produced. I keep bugging these guys to give me answers and I am still waiting. Ford will not produce this kit. Ford Customer Service came by to see the kit and loved the look, but the engineering guys said it did not meet their ramp angle standards and their 5 mph crash standards, so their will pass on offering it in the Ford Catalog. Ford did work with us on the design and asked us to bring the car to the SEMA show. They were very pleased with the results.

The car was lowered about 1", but the design of the rocker panel covers, and the front and rear fascia cause the car to look much lower. Ride quality is still very good. We removed 6-7" from the overall length of the vehicle, which I think helps.

In terms of the wheels, as I have mentioned in other posts, the front wheels were widened 1" and the rears 1.5". We use Nittos Extreme Performance tires. 295's in the rear and 255's in the front.

Once I get the costs for producing the kit I will share it with everyone and if there is enough interest, we will consider making the kit, if not then there will be only one!

I personnaly like the look and it is awsome in person. Some like the stock bumpers and that's O.K. and some like a more unique look that makes the car more up-to-date.

Thanks

Jerry

MapleLeafMerc
02-02-2004, 06:24 PM
don't take me seriuosly.

no danger there :lol:

studio460
02-06-2004, 01:54 AM
Andy Dick does have a Marauder. Another NBC camera guy saw it at his house. Supposedly, Charlie Sheen bought one, too.

SergntMac
02-06-2004, 03:24 AM
no danger there :lol:
likewise...