PDA

View Full Version : factory spoiler

marinemarauder
12-05-2002, 03:37 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows how to get a factory spoiler? I am sure you know Logan, the help would be appreciated

03 Merc
12-05-2002, 04:35 PM
Marinemarauder,

Welcome to the site.. The Rear Spoiler part number is: 2W7Z 5444210 AAB. Your dealer can order it through parts...I paid about $210.00 with taxes... BTW if you go to the home page and do a search on spoiler and you'll find a bunch of threads...

marinemarauder
12-05-2002, 04:38 PM
Thanks 03 Merc, when I bought the car I asked the dealer about it cause in the brochure it shows it with a spoiler, he really didn't have an answer for me. Thank again!

03 Merc
12-05-2002, 04:48 PM
Get used to the dealer not having an answer about anything to do with your MM if they are like most!:( The site is an excellent resource.. You should also be getting a mini catalog with your Leather Jacket that lists the Part Numbers for some of the accessories...

Murader03
12-06-2002, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by marinemarauder
I was wondering if anyone knows how to get a factory spoiler? I am sure you know Logan, the help would be appreciated

Don't know about your local dealer, but they wanted $285 for it here. I went to FordPartsNetwork.com and ordered it from Torrie. I think the total was about $230 including shipping. The only problem I had, was that the item wasn't packed well, and both ends of the spoiler had the paint worn/chipped off. Another one is on the way.

03 Merc
12-06-2002, 06:18 AM
Bob,

I am in lucky in that the Parts Manager at my dealer is a real gear head and in to MMs... He is selling me accessories, and parts, at a 15% discount...same price as the employees get..

I can also buy parts at a local Ford SVT dealer at a 15% to 20% discount, depending on the item, as they sponsor the local SVTOA chapter I am a member of....

Marauderman
12-17-2002, 06:33 PM
From the 'For What It's Worth Dept':----Last week while at the dealer's body shop-getting new scratches out they promised to do--the body shop manager pulled me aside and side--

" if you plan on getting a spoiler put on, let me have it first to change the paint to the true 'black' of the MM's cause the factory black is not quite the same and it can be noticable"

Has anyone heard of this as yet? Think this is true?

03 Merc
12-19-2002, 09:17 AM
Well it isn't true in my case...The color match is excellent...:D

Marauderman
12-19-2002, 05:41 PM
Thanks Wayne( 034 Merc) -

What do you think then was his reasoning for telling me that line in the first place?

03 Merc
12-20-2002, 05:39 AM
I do not know his reasoning but the Part Number that ends in -AAB is color matched to the MM... mine looks the same color as my car in daylight or under street lights...

BODYMAN
01-01-2003, 10:14 AM
Hey Marauderman, I belive the reason he told you that is becuase if you look very closely in direct sunlight the vehicle will appear black,black and the spoiler is black but against the trunk lid you can see it has a tint of brown to the spoiler finish. I to am a Body shop Manager at a large Ford dealer were I live. I noticed it as soon as I installed my spoiler. My feelings on it are that it is just a slight diff not enough most people never notice. But did you guys notice all the dirt in the paint on the spoiler mine was so bad I had to sand and buff it before I installed it.

LincMercLover
01-01-2003, 12:49 PM
If you look close enoph at the trim that goes down the doors, you can see the same discoloration that 93 just described.

Bob Mathis
01-01-2003, 01:19 PM
Hay guys I'm get ready to paint my spoiler right now. Because the one I have is not a match and it had a scratch in it. My painter gave me some paint to use, it was some that was left over from the painting of the right front fender. Bob (Spanky) Mathis

Andrew10AE
01-04-2003, 10:03 PM
Speaking of prices, I have mine on order - my dealer uses a 3rd party to deal with spoilers... they order the Ford part and are Ford certified to install it... I got mine for $295 including installation, and thats a mobile installation so they will do it at my office!

-Andrew

Andrew10AE
01-10-2003, 12:28 PM
ok... update - $295 including installation. My dealer got that price from Mobile Restyling in the Mt. Laurel, NJ area. They came over with a truck, installed it, and were done in 10 min. Perfect job!

martyo
01-25-2003, 08:01 AM
Looks like my dealer in NY is making back some of what he lost in the car sale! They are charing $400 installed. Ouch......

RF Overlord
01-25-2003, 09:34 AM
stanleyk!!!!!!! (see your PM)

Don't let the dealer do it!!!!! (see your PM)

not for THAT price....(see your PM)

Do it yourself for $226 incl. shipping from FPN...takes about an hour...if you're slow...(see your PM)

LincMercLover
01-25-2003, 11:17 AM
That is, if he has the guts to drill into his baby... I don't!

martyo
01-25-2003, 11:20 AM
LML:

I must confess for the $100 or so that I overpaid, I figured, if they break it, they boought it. On the other hand, if I screw it up, I can hear my girlfriend now......

Thanks for making me feel better!

BTW: I WILL get the $100 out of my dealer in oh so many other ways!!

DougKing77
01-26-2003, 08:01 PM
I'd be curious what it looks like. My dealer was not familiar with how to order one.

jefferson-mo
01-26-2003, 08:10 PM
Doug check the photo gallery..........in the Marauder Tech pics there's good shots of Logan's car with the spoiler installed................:beer :