PDA

View Full Version : A new Marauder in Lufkin!

mrjones
02-02-2004, 02:56 PM
Hello to the list. Just bought a NEW leftover 2003 Marauder over the internet. Drove from Lufkin to Athens, TN Sat to pick it up at Superior Ford. Got back to Lufkin around 5pm on Sunday after a 1600 mile round trip, and I love the car!!!! :D

Mine is black/black (big surprise, huh?). I want to put a moonroof in it. Can anyone recommend a good moonroof installer in the East / Northeast TX area?

I've seen several posts with trailers listing the DOB of the car. How do you determine the date your car was built? Mine shows 6/02, but it's not very specific.

Looking forward to meeting / hearing from some of you fellow Texans.

Ross
02-02-2004, 03:54 PM
Yee Haw! Another Texas Marauder! Welcome to the site. You'll love the car and this site.

Racerx88
02-02-2004, 07:39 PM
Welcome to the list mrjones!

As for the moonroof, the dealer, David McDavid in Plano, had mine put in before I bought the car. You might check with your dealer to see what he can do for you. Mine is a Webasto unit, with vent and auto close. The only problem is how they'll deal with your roof console. Obviously it's got to be cut down. There are several pics of various cars with moonroofs in the gallery, including mine. Have a look, and welcome again!

Dean :rock:

jgc61sr2002
02-02-2004, 07:53 PM
mrjones - Welcome aboard. Enjoy your new ride. :D :up:

Rollin'Thunder
02-02-2004, 09:47 PM
Hello to the list. Just bought a NEW leftover 2003 Marauder over the internet. Drove from Lufkin to Athens, TN Sat to pick it up at Superior Ford. Got back to Lufkin around 5pm on Sunday after a 1600 mile round trip, and I love the car!!!! :D

Mine is black/black (big surprise, huh?). I want to put a moonroof in it. Can anyone recommend a good moonroof installer in the East / Northeast TX area?

I've seen several posts with trailers listing the DOB of the car. How do you determine the date your car was built? Mine shows 6/02, but it's not very specific.

Looking forward to meeting / hearing from some of you fellow Texans.
mrjones-Welcome to the net! Enjoy the new ride! It only gets better!!! :D :up:

2003 MIB
02-03-2004, 06:31 AM
Howdy Mr. Jones!
If you feel like it, you could cruise up to Hallsville on the 21st and see a few of these cars make 1/4 runs. Track opens at 11:00am...We're a friendly bunch....;)

mrjones
02-03-2004, 08:42 AM
[QUOTE=2003 MIB]Howdy Mr. Jones!
If you feel like it, you could cruise up to Hallsville on the 21st and see a few of these cars make 1/4 runs. Track opens at 11:00am...We're a friendly bunch....;)

Thanks, I may try to make that Hallsville run. Is that a Marauder day only, or is the track open for other cars? I might bring my Mustang and let them square off. Wonder which one my wife will want to drive?......

2003 MIB
02-03-2004, 08:49 AM
Thanks, I may try to make that Hallsville run. Is that a Marauder day only, or is the track open for other cars? I might bring my Mustang and let them square off. Wonder which one my wife will want to drive?......[/QUOTE]
Man, one day I'd love to have enough folks to have "Marauder Day"....Something to think about. ANYWAY, bring anything or anyone you'd like. I don't know which one she'll pick but I do think we'd be able to post the first spouse vs. spouse drag race pic. on the site.:up:

cruzer
02-03-2004, 07:58 PM
Welcome to the North Texas Marauders--a loose-knit group of people of questionable character who are all nuts about their Marauder. Feel free to start any kind of get-together--rallye, meet, breakfast, etc. We're game for most anything. Your birth date can be found on the data sheet on the rear of the driver's door. A little personal info--you may have known my brother, Dr. Ernest "Buckie" Seitz--he built and ran the Kurth Radiological Center at Memorial Hospital for many years. My Mom and sister are buried there , too. Had a lot of good times in Lufkin. Maury

2003 MIB
02-04-2004, 05:04 AM
Welcome to the North Texas Marauders--a loose-knit group of people of questionable character who are all nuts about their Marauder.
Isn't that the truth!!!!!???? It's an odd mix of folks who get along well and probably wouldn't have met if it wasn't for the car. :lol: :lol:

mrjones
02-04-2004, 08:12 AM
Your birth date can be found on the data sheet on the rear of the driver's door. A little personal info--you may have known my brother, Dr. Ernest "Buckie" Seitz--he built and ran the Kurth Radiological Center at Memorial Hospital for many years. My Mom and sister are buried there , too. Had a lot of good times in Lufkin. Maury
Sorry, I didn't know your brother, but I have been in the radiological center with my wife a few years ago. This is my 9th year in Lufkin. I moved here for my job. I work for the school district, and so does my wife.

I'll have to check the build date, I only remember seeing 06/02. I just dropped it off to have the windows tinted. I see lots of people with their tag lines showing the "born" date and the "adopted" date. I MUST win some kind of an award for that. My was built in June of 02, and I bought it NEW this past weekend. Had 241 miles on it when I picked it up in Athens TN. I bought this car entirely over the internet and phone. It was easily the best car buying experience I've ever had. I feel like I got a great deal on it, even if it was a leftover.

But the best part is that my wife, who has an Expedition and thinks that it's too small, LOVES the car, and is excited about going to some of the events like FFW and the Hallsville meeting. She even said last night that "I might have to get one of these for me".

I'm really loving the car, and the only car I've ever been more excited about getting was my Mustang convertible. Glad to be apart of the group, and I'm looking forward to meeting you guys.

mrjones
02-04-2004, 08:14 AM
Welcome to the list mrjones!

As for the moonroof, the dealer, David McDavid in Plano, had mine put in before I bought the car. You might check with your dealer to see what he can do for you. Mine is a Webasto unit, with vent and auto close.
Dean :rock:
Do you know which model is in your car? The person that I was gonna have install the moonroof for me locallywas gonna use a Webasto unit that slid above the roof when opening, and I didn't like that at all. Is that how yours opens?