PDA

View Full Version : S&B Powerstack Filter Replacement

ctrlraven
03-19-2012, 07:26 AM
I have a version 1 JLT intake I got from an old member somewhere like 5-6 years ago and would like to buy another filter so I don't have any down time while cleaning my current one.

I checked the application guide and it says "RAI-FMMA-030" for the Marauder kit. Would this filter still the version 1 kit that I have? My filter has a 4" Flange Inside Diameter and 9" Height. It's a round tapered filter just like the one in the Bottom Right Side of this picture.
http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/images/Filters.jpg

fastblackmerc
03-19-2012, 07:41 AM
I have a version 1 JLT intake I got from an old member somewhere like 5-6 years ago and would like to buy another filter so I don't have any down time while cleaning my current one.

I checked the application guide and it says "RAI-FMMA-030" for the Marauder kit. Would this filter still the version 1 kit that I have? My filter has a 4" Flange Inside Diameter and 9" Height. It's a round tapered filter just like the one in the Bottom Right Side of this picture.
http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/images/Filters.jpg

That appears to to be the correct filter. My "spare" one has a 4" ID rubber opening, is 9" tall from the bottom metal to the top metal and the top is 5" OD.

Tucker
03-19-2012, 08:09 AM
We've never changed the Marauder kit that I remember.
The filter is a 4x9

Thanks
JAy

ctrlraven
03-19-2012, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll be ordering it either today or tomorrow.

Mr. Man
03-19-2012, 10:10 AM
S&B was popular with the Titan crowd for making power and good sound. If it fits the MM I think you'll be happy with it.

ctrlraven
03-19-2012, 10:40 AM
S&B was popular with the Titan crowd for making power and good sound. If it fits the MM I think you'll be happy with it.
I already have a S&B filter JLT, I just wanted to have another filter so I can just put the new one on and then clean my current one another day instead of cleaning it then letting it dry over night then re-oil it and let it setup over night.

fastblackmerc
03-19-2012, 11:36 AM
I already have a S&B filter JLT, I just wanted to have another filter so I can just put the new one on and then clean my current one another day instead of cleaning it then letting it dry over night then re-oil it and let it setup over night.

That's exactly why I have a "spare" one. Cleaned and ready to be oiled.

ctrlraven
03-19-2012, 12:01 PM
That's exactly why I have a "spare" one. Cleaned and ready to be oiled.
And that's exactly why I am buying another. lol My other car is being used for a while so I've been driving the MM a lot more often so can't really have it down for two days when I am driving it 7 days a week.

I thought also about buying a heat shield with it since mine never came with one but I've been messing around with some sheet metal to kind of close off the whole area.