PDA

View Full Version : Capital Lincoln Mercury

rookie1
02-03-2004, 03:53 AM
Hi all, just ordered my 04 Marauder from Capital L/M in Matteson near I57 and Rt30. I live in NW IN but thought everyone at Art Hill in Merrillville were jerks, especially after after trying to tell me I had to get the dealer installed rustproofing package if I ordered the car via "A" plan(bro in law works for Willie Clay in Detroit). Anyone have any experience with Capital in Matteson? Seemed like an ok place to spend $32K.

PAPAJOHN
02-03-2004, 04:16 AM
Hi all, just ordered my 04 Marauder from Capital L/M in Matteson near I57 and Rt30. I live in NW IN but thought everyone at Art Hill in Merrillville were jerks, especially after after trying to tell me I had to get the dealer installed rustproofing package if I ordered the car via "A" plan(bro in law works for Willie Clay in Detroit). Anyone have any experience with Capital in Matteson? Seemed like an ok place to spend $32K.
I bought through "A" plan, and I know that the dealer can not require any options like rustproofing. In fact, they are not allowed to add any dealer prep costs

rookie1
02-03-2004, 05:38 AM
I bought through "A" plan, and I know that the dealer can not require any options like rustproofing. In fact, they are not allowed to add any dealer prep costs
What did you pay? I saw a thread where a guy found one for 29K at dealer. My A plan price is 29,200 with the rebate.

bubba
02-03-2004, 05:48 AM
I think you are getting quoted the "X" plan price.

Logan
02-03-2004, 06:18 AM
You can get 04 MM's for $27-29k if you look around a bit, pretty easily.

rookie1
02-03-2004, 08:40 AM
You can get 04 MM's for $27-29k if you look around a bit, pretty easily.
I have the pprwrk right here.
Msrp: 36,285
Invoice: 33,588
X Plan: 33,488
A Plan: 32,200

This is pricing before the rebate of course.

Still curious whether anyone has bought a car at this dealer.

greyghost
02-03-2004, 09:24 AM
I bought mine from from Prestige L/M in Skokie. Talk To Tom White he will treat you right.

chapel1
02-09-2004, 08:03 PM
I got mine from Terry's in Peotone Il.
I know of one guy who drove a new car home from Capital L/M and trusted the deal the salesmen said he would give him when he returned a few days later.Trust me I know thats not the way to buy a car,but he did! And he ended up with a Lincoln but got hosed on everthing else.The trade,the interest rate and the price of the car.But stupid is as stupid does.And I think any dealership would cleanup on anyone that naieve.

UAW 588
02-09-2004, 09:49 PM
I'm a A-planer and had a *****y experience with Art Hill. Went to check out a new 04 Siver Marauder they had. I told them before we do any talking I wanted a quote on my trade. Jezz you think they were driving at Daytona. They took my T-bird for a wild drive, and then tried to hose me. They get done with their little drive( I call it a race ), and start totaling rebates, A-plan, and finance. Then they drop the bomb. A joke of a price for trade in. They didn't even want to haggle. I took my keys and said kiss off. And as I am walking out didn't even try to stop me to talk about dealing some more. Then had the nerve to call week later and leave a message they probably get me a little more for my trade in. To top off the message, the dealer tells me he still has the Silver Marauder, but doesn't know if it's been sold; there was another guy looking at it yesterdy :bs: Now how dumb does this as*hole think I am. Well ,I ended buying from Terry's in Peotone, because of no hagling, they kissed my a*s, and gave me more for my trade with less hassle. Now I've never bought from Capital, but I can tell you one thing about them. Their service is second to none when it comes to fixing you car. I brought my T-bird there and only there. I trusted no one else to touch my car. As a matter of fact there are two mechanics that I will only let work on my car. I have never heard bad buying stories before, but I can tell you they really take care of you when it comes to servicing you car, and treat you with respect. Well, good luck on you purchase, and welcome to the wondefull world of Marauder ownership. :beer:

teamrope
02-09-2004, 09:55 PM
I know the feeling on the trade-in. My dealer was only gonna give me $500 for my 95 GM. I didn't even try to haggle I just told him I'de sell it myself. You don't even see them on the lots here for under $5K. I kept it and sold it to a private buyer for $2500.

Zack
02-09-2004, 09:58 PM
I cant report anything bad about them. I bought mine back in Sept. 2002 with the x-plan, no rebates available at the time.
I had an excellent experience with them, and it was my first new car.
Just recently they cut me a check for 100 bucks for sending them a Marauder customer. You dont find that much anymore.

rookie1
02-10-2004, 03:15 PM
How's the service at Terry's in Peotone? I was a little concerned with their size and being able to have anyone that new Marauders. It's much closer to my house than Capital. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with a bad opinion about Art Hill...I would NEVER buy a car from those A**holes.

woaface
02-10-2004, 03:55 PM
In fact, they are not allowed to add any dealer prep costsNo way! Heritage Lincoln Mercury in Greenville adds some "enviromental package" which is actually cleaning the car inside and out in some special way that jacks up the price to around $37 grand. MercuryMan saw that I believe and asked, and that's where I got my explanation of what it was:beer: . I should go up there and start baggering them! I love to give dealers and other professonals a hard time if I know more, or know what they're up to...do tell more! Is this written somewhere that I can see?

woaface
02-10-2004, 03:59 PM
You can get 04 MM's for $27-29k if you look around a bit, pretty easily. I told a guy at the South Carolina Auto show that...he said "Yeah...." then he jerks back around and his eyes get all big..."$29 grand!!! I need one of these now!" Then he went to get his wife:banana2:

PAPAJOHN
02-10-2004, 05:16 PM
No way! Heritage Lincoln Mercury in Greenville adds some "enviromental package" which is actually cleaning the car inside and out in some special way that jacks up the price to around $37 grand. MercuryMan saw that I believe and asked, and that's where I got my explanation of what it was:beer: . I should go up there and start baggering them! I love to give dealers and other professonals a hard time if I know more, or know what they're up to...do tell more! Is this written somewhere that I can see?
Is it written somewhere? Don't know about that, but when I bought my car through "A", the dealer told me that their standard "prep" change was $ 500 or more ( don't remember for sure how much ) He said it included $199 for a "tires for life" program. He said, that he can't charge me for the prep costs, but if I want to purchase the tires program, that was my option.
I paid the $ 199 and, as long as I own the car, they will replace the tires when 3/32 " or less thread. But, I didn't get charged for any other prep charges.

UAW 588
02-10-2004, 05:20 PM
How's the service at Terry's in Peotone? I was a little concerned with their size and being able to have anyone that new Marauders. It's much closer to my house than Capital. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with a bad opinion about Art Hill...I would NEVER buy a car from those A**holes.

I have never heard anything bad about Terry's service, and can tell you they took great care in dealing with a water leak that my friend had, he bought a new Winstar from them and the back tail gate leaked. They had it for a month, gave him another Winstar to drive, and kissed his a*s the whole time. But take this note. The only reason some dealers go the extra mile is because of the Blue Oval certification they have to keep up. See, Ford got sick and tired of some dealers being the weak link in the system. In other words pis*ing off customers to point they go to the some one else; like the people who sell that Jap Crap. So they have to be on their toes all the time, from the time you buy the car; to bringing it in for warranty service. I have a complimentary oil change coming from Terry's when I hit 3000 miles and will take advantage of it, but my loyalty sticks with Capital. I have never had the slightest problem with them. Hell, they did stuff on my last car that wasn't included in my warranty. Maybe its because of the relationship we have built or that I'm a Ford employee. What ever you will not be sorry to let Capital do service on you new Marauder. Keep us posted when you get it, we liked to hear about all the fun you will be having.

chapel1
02-10-2004, 05:42 PM
I would always stick with the dealership who's service department take 's the best care of my car.Although I got my car in Peotone,the parts manager in Orland Park is very anxoius to win me over to Orland.
What I like about Peotone is that it a little slower out there.And I feel a little more important at the Ford/Mercury dealership than the Lincoln/Mercury dealership?

Sactown
02-10-2004, 09:56 PM

Still curious whether anyone has bought a car at this dealer.

What is X plan and A plan? I tried to search the site for more info and couldn't find more info. Please help. :confused:

rookie1
02-11-2004, 05:56 AM
X plan is Ford's supplier discount program. Usually just a liitle under invoice.

A plan is Ford's employee discount program. Usually 3-4% under invoice with no document fees or other dealer ad ons.

The nicest thing by far with either plan is that there is no negotiation. Ford tells them what the price is under these plans and the dealer has no influence on pricing.

rookie1
02-11-2004, 06:01 AM
I have never heard anything bad about Terry's service, and can tell you they took great care in dealing with a water leak that my friend had, he bought a new Winstar from them and the back tail gate leaked. They had it for a month, gave him another Winstar to drive, and kissed his a*s the whole time. But take this note. The only reason some dealers go the extra mile is because of the Blue Oval certification they have to keep up. See, Ford got sick and tired of some dealers being the weak link in the system. In other words pis*ing off customers to point they go to the some one else; like the people who sell that Jap Crap. So they have to be on their toes all the time, from the time you buy the car; to bringing it in for warranty service. I have a complimentary oil change coming from Terry's when I hit 3000 miles and will take advantage of it, but my loyalty sticks with Capital. I have never had the slightest problem with them. Hell, they did stuff on my last car that wasn't included in my warranty. Maybe its because of the relationship we have built or that I'm a Ford employee. What ever you will not be sorry to let Capital do service on you new Marauder. Keep us posted when you get it, we liked to hear about all the fun you will be having.Thanks for all the input. I was impressed by Capitals service dept.....looked clean and very modern but I'm not crazy about the salesman. Not that the salesman really matters with A plan. I may swing into Terry's and check them out. Small dealers usually have to do more to retain their good rating with Ford.

You work at Stamping or assembly? My neighbor works at assembly. My wife's bro works for Willie Clay himself as a personal acct. in Dearborn. Wife and I are both from Motown so we would never consider owning JapCrap either,heck, I get kinda funny about letting it park in my driveway.

Sactown
02-11-2004, 07:41 AM
X plan is Ford's supplier discount program. Usually just a liitle under invoice.

A plan is Ford's employee discount program. Usually 3-4% under invoice with no document fees or other dealer ad ons.

The nicest thing by far with either plan is that there is no negotiation. Ford tells them what the price is under these plans and the dealer has no influence on pricing.
Well, as far as I know, I don't qualify for either. Oh well. :cry:

duhtroll
02-11-2004, 08:13 AM
http://www.carbuyingtips.com

It's the best site I've ever read about, well, tips on buying cars. :D

They have a spreadsheet where all you do is plug in numbers and it tells you what to offer. Big $aving$!

Thanks,
-A

UAW 588
02-11-2004, 08:19 PM
I may swing into Terry's and check them out. Small dealers usually have to do more to retain their good rating with Ford.

You work at Stamping or assembly? .

If you are trading a car be careful, Terry's can be a little deceitful. My friend that I work with, bought the Winstar (I told you about with the tailgate leak) from Terry's. He had a nice buying experience almost right up to the end, but when it came to the paper work they tried to pull a fast one. Quoted him one price for his trade-in outside then changed it on paper inside. The manager wouldn't budge on the price and my freind was out a few hundred dollars. :mad2: See, the only reason he went through with the deal was because it was the only 2003 Winstar he could find, with all the options he was looking for. It was the end of year sale with a $6000.00 rebate. He was in a catch 22 situation. :alone: Now, I didn't have any problem on my trade in with them. They kept to their word, but was looking for anything suspicious from start to finish. My buying experience was uneventful as could be, but that doesn't mean to let your guard down. I guess any dealer could screw you, A-plan or not. Take your time and check all the facts, because remember your are A-plan and you can buy a Marauder from any Mercury dealer. If they won't give you what you want, screw em :argue: like I told Art Hill to do. The price is not going to change, from list price, to rebates available for the public, to the rebates and special pricing for A-planers. If you have any questions about Terry's that you would like to know pm me. And the answer to question; Stamping or Assembly. I work at the Stamping Plant. It's just minutes from my home. Well, good luck on your find, it's all worth it in the end. :beer:

Sactown
02-11-2004, 09:45 PM

So just to be clear, what options are included in these numbers?

rookie1
02-11-2004, 10:00 PM
all of them.

rookie1
02-12-2004, 07:32 PM
Well folks I got it!. Car came in today , I'm picking it up tomorrow, Was sold on capital when the salesman brought the Service manager in to comfort me with his experience with them, service dept looked clean as a whistle and very professsional. Thanks for the advice everyone. Oh, almost forgot salesman came up and told me he remembered that my wife was driving and Olds Aurora when we first went to the dealership and Ford is currently a "conquest" rebate of 1000 bucks to any olds buick or caddy owner......................SWE ET!

jgc61sr2002
02-12-2004, 07:49 PM
Well folks I got it!. Car came in today , I'm picking it up tomorrow, Was sold on capital when the salesman brought the Service manager in to comfort me with his experience with them, service dept looked clean as a whistle and very professsional. Thanks for the advice everyone. Oh, almost forgot salesman came up and told me he remembered that my wife was driving and Olds Aurora when we first went to the dealership and Ford is currently a "conquest" rebate of 1000 bucks to any olds buick or caddy owner......................SWE ET!
rookie - Congrats. :D

UAW 588
02-12-2004, 08:27 PM

Congrats. You won't go wrong with their service dept. Terry in service has been a god sent over the years. By the way what color did you get. Oh well be careful with it when you pick it up; the car can be overweling. Have fun and enjoy, and keep up with this site. This place only gets better. Life is good. :rock:

rookie1
02-13-2004, 04:50 AM
Congrats. You won't go wrong with their service dept. Terry in service has been a god sent over the years. By the way what color did you get. Oh well be careful with it when you pick it up; the car can be overweling. Have fun and enjoy, and keep up with this site. This place only gets better. Life is good. :rock:
Black w/ dark charcoal. Hey where did you get the gods head steering wheel badge? I've searched the threads to no avail.

UAW 588
02-13-2004, 05:30 PM
Hey where did you get the gods head steering wheel badge?

I purchased mine off of Ebay. The seller is a member on this site, and might have a few left. He had to buy a few hundred just so they coud be made; he goes by the name of A3GR on this site. E-mail him or pm. I think his e-mail address is A3GR@aol.com, but look it up to make sure. If he doesn't have any more I have a one left that I might part with.

greyghost
02-13-2004, 05:37 PM
A3GR has a great product and for the Ft and Rr Badges see Ron Buis.

UAW 588, in your sig you say that the Sylvania SilverStars was a costly lesson. Would you please elaborate!

UAW 588
02-13-2004, 05:52 PM
UAW 588, in your sig you say that the Sylvania SilverStars was a costly lesson. Would you please elaborate!

Check my thread " It made me sick "

greyghost
02-13-2004, 05:57 PM
I understand now. Unfortunately you won't be the last one to do that. :puke:

I guess I can say that I have been there and done that many times. Glad to say I have never repeated any of them than the initial mistake. It was a leaning experiance. :rock:

:banana: