PDA

View Full Version : LCM I repaired

fastblackmerc
03-28-2012, 01:59 AM
Guys,

There maybe an LCM with my external relay repair showing up for sale soon.

Here's the back story.......

I've tried to work with this member but he's adamant that I replace the LCM or refund his money. I've offered to send him a repaired LCM as soon as I get one, as all 3 of my "spare" LCMs are out, but that isn't good enough for him.

A week or so ago I started receiving PM from this member... all the PM were replies but had no new information in them. I replied to many of theses PMs with information on how to reply to a PM. Finally this member figured out how to use the reply function and stated that he was having a problem with his taillights not working. I responded that it maybe a bad LCM or something else. At no time did he state that I had already repaired his LCM. After 2 days of going back and forth I checked and found that I had indeed repaired an LCM for this individual. I offered to send him a repaired LCM to exchange out and also offered some other things to try to fix the problem. Again he's adamant about getting a refund, but I told him if I give you a refund I want the LCM back. He's purchased an LCM from somewhere and still wants a refund to offset his core charge, and he threatened to offer his LCM for sale stating it a "Fastblackmerc repaired LCM that doesn't work"..... Of course there is no way for me to know if it does or doesn't work so here is my offer....

If this LCM comes up for sale and a member buys it, please let me know, send it to me, I'll test it, repair it if necessary and send it back to you and I'll also refund the shipping charge to me as long as it's reasonable.

Jim

aka: fastblackmerc

Siege
03-28-2012, 02:58 AM
I can't think of any business that would issue a refund under these circumstances.

If you had been contacted when it first went out then you could have sent him a replacement to swap out and cover his shipping to get the old one back for analysis.

Instead the LCM (possibly) went out, the customer ordered a replacement from somewhere else without contacting you first and is now blackmailing you for a refund. :confused:

MMBLUE
03-28-2012, 03:13 AM
I say call him OUT. We don't need people like this here we've already had our share of them. Most of us know, you do these repairs and such for a nominal fee because you are more about the community than the almighty dollar. BTW, that is a respectable thing to do. You are in the right. If this individual had any respect for you or the community, they would do the right thing or, put some salt and pepper on it. Sounds like to me, you've done your part. My .02

justbob
03-28-2012, 03:59 AM
Even if it IS faulty, mistakes happen to ALL of us! BIG DEAL.

That's IF it is even faulty. Thanks for being a stand up guy Jim, we appreciate it!

PonyUP
03-28-2012, 04:07 AM
Damn that sucks Jim, all you do for us and this happens.

I'll keep an eye out for the LCM

Pony seal of Approval

SC Cheesehead
03-28-2012, 04:44 AM
No good deed goes unpunished...:shake:

You're a stand up guy, bubba, and your integrity is beyond question.

Thanks for the heads up on the LCM.

BTW, mine has worked faultlessly since repair 2 1/2 years ago. :up:

martyo
03-28-2012, 04:50 AM
Good on you Jim!!!!!!!!! :beer:

:banana2:

Rocket Couch
03-28-2012, 04:57 AM
hey sir just curious but i actually had my LCM go out on me any chance you could fix mine? i will of course pay. i figure if you got this many supporters you would be a good guy to work with! please shoot me a PM if your available for the work sir!

PS sorry if this is a derail if it is please disregard post

fastblackmerc
03-28-2012, 05:37 AM
hey sir just curious but i actually had my LCM go out on me any chance you could fix mine? i will of course pay. i figure if you got this many supporters you would be a good guy to work with! please shoot me a PM if your available for the work sir!

PM sent..............

FrankJAG
03-28-2012, 05:40 AM
Call this turd out so we know not who to deal with. This guy is obviously an idiot, can't figure out to hit reply? DOH!!

fastblackmerc
03-28-2012, 05:46 AM
Call this turd out so we know not who to deal with. This guy is obviously an idiot, can't figure out to hit reply? DOH!!

He hit reply then never added anything before sending....

slickster
03-28-2012, 06:00 AM
How much do you charge for a lcm repair

fastblackmerc
03-28-2012, 06:06 AM
How much do you charge for a lcm repair

The cost is $50.00 shipping included.

Lifetime of the car guarantee.

VMARAUDER
03-28-2012, 06:15 AM
I have been reading around the MM.NET for a while and have taken good mental notes. You handled the situation well and I believe that most of us have GSC ...good common sense and we should realize that you Marauder Gods are here to help.

gdsqdcr
03-28-2012, 06:34 AM
I do not know if LCM has been updated or not yet. Wish I knew how to tell. Wish I knew where it was in the car ... Yeah, 'use the search feature!'

Member who is having issues with FBM's LCM. PM me, I'll buy it. I will then send it to Jim on my dime to have it checked out. Then I know I have a working one if mine ever fails.

Anthony

fastblackmerc
03-28-2012, 06:38 AM
I do not know if LCM has been updated or not yet. Wish I knew how to tell. Wish I knew where it was in the car ... Yeah, 'use the search feature!'

Member who is having issues with FBM's LCM. PM me, I'll buy it. I will then send it to Jim on my dime to have it checked out. Then I know I have a working one if mine ever fails.

Anthony

LCM Removal:

The LCM is about the size of a brick and is located just to the right of the steering column, in front of the gas pedal.

There are 3 electrical connectors on the LCM.

Remove the bottom two connectors by depressing the tabs and pulling on the connectors.

Remove the 2 mounting screws with a 7mm nut driver or socket.

Push the LCM towards the gas pedal while rotating it up towards the roof. Once it’s free of the bracket, pull the back of the LCM down towards the floor.

You should now be able to release the last electrical connector.

Just reverse the steps for reinstallation.

If I installed the external relay, use one of the 7mm screws to secure the external relay to the LCM bracket, or the enclosed nylon tie.

SC Cheesehead
03-28-2012, 06:41 AM

Anthony

Anthony,

LCM is under the dash, between the steering column and OBD port.

If an external relay has been added (to fix the problem with the OEM relay), you'll see a small (approx 1"x1") black plastic housing fastened to the botton of it with wires leading back into the LCM.

If not done, may want to pull the LCM and send it to Jim for upgrading, as it's really not a matter of if, but when, it's gonna fail.

gdsqdcr
03-28-2012, 06:58 AM
Thanks on how/where it is. I will try to check tonight depending on what I am doing with the kids tonight.

Jolly Roger
03-28-2012, 07:04 AM
LCM Removal:

The LCM is about the size of a brick and is located just to the right of the steering column, in front of the gas pedal.

There are 3 electrical connectors on the LCM.

Remove the bottom two connectors by depressing the tabs and pulling on the connectors.

Remove the 2 mounting screws with a 7mm nut driver or socket.

Push the LCM towards the gas pedal while rotating it up towards the roof. Once it’s free of the bracket, pull the back of the LCM down towards the floor.

You should now be able to release the last electrical connector.

Just reverse the steps for reinstallation.

If I installed the external relay, use one of the 7mm screws to secure the external relay to the LCM bracket, or the enclosed nylon tie.

Took me every bit of 5 mins. to remove mine once I found it.;):P

Granddaddy Marq
03-28-2012, 07:12 AM
Will any LCM out of any GM, CV, or Town Car work? Thinking of getting a spair just to have.

SC Cheesehead
03-28-2012, 07:18 AM
Will any LCM out of any GM, CV, or Town Car work? Thinking of getting a spair just to have.

I think it's gotta be out of either an '03 or '04 but other than that, it should work. I had to pick up a replacement while mine was up at Jim's for repair, and the one I got was from an '04 GM and it worked fine.

fastblackmerc
03-28-2012, 08:07 AM
i think it's gotta be out of either an '03 or '04 but other than that, it should work. I had to pick up a replacement while mine was up at jim's for repair, and the one i got was from an '04 gm and it worked fine.

The P/N on the LCM would have to be between:

3W7T-13C788-AD

and

5W7T-13C788-AC

Marauder_Santa
03-28-2012, 08:14 AM
Jim repaired my LCM about a year ago and since then no problems. Jim also did his magic on the AC head unit this past November at the shootout.

Thanks Jim for all that you do.

Ozark Marauder
03-28-2012, 08:56 AM
Worked a deal with Jim a while back, for a LCM I'll probably need in the future. I sent a broken LCM, that I had just replaced, for him to use as one of his spares, because he was out. Jim's a straight up guy....any member questioning Jim's business ethics or is looking to take advantage will find some bad karma coming their way....Thanks Jim

OZ

Granddaddy Marq
03-28-2012, 09:02 AM
What's the problem wiyh the A/C heads?

SC Cheesehead
03-28-2012, 09:10 AM
The P/N on the LCM would have to be between:

3W7T-13C788-AD

and

5W7T-13C788-AC

Posting up the p/ns jogged my memory, Jim.

Here's a list of the LCM p/ns that will work in our cars.

Odinson
03-28-2012, 09:24 AM
Hi

Love to do this preemptively, but don't have a spare and mainly drive at night. What is the turn over?

Thanks

mcb26
03-28-2012, 09:25 AM

Here in Huntspatch if you want to see a repaired unit. No problems since install, my radio even started working again at least every now and then.

airjordan2k8
03-28-2012, 09:49 AM
I also just got a repaired lcm from FBM and sent him my old for the refund he had said... Just want to send a shout out to FBM for that thanks alot man...

Ken
03-28-2012, 09:51 AM
I didn't go with the swap as mine was already laid up. It was a very quick turn around time, especially considering it was Christmas time. Thanks again Jim.

fastblackmerc
03-28-2012, 10:35 AM
What's the problem wiyh the A/C heads?

Do you mean the EATC or air only coming out the defrost vents?

fastblackmerc
03-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Hi

Love to do this preemptively, but don't have a spare and mainly drive at night. What is the turn over?

Thanks

I offer 2 options:

1 - you send me your LCM I repair it and drop it off to the post office the same day.

2 - I send you a repaired LCM, when I get your old LCM back I refund the core charge of the payment.

I send all LCM via Priority Mail 2-3 day delivery.

PM me if you have any questions.

Granddaddy Marq
03-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Do you mean the EATC or air only coming out the defrost vents?

Is there a problem with the EATC not the vacum?

fastblackmerc
03-28-2012, 11:54 AM
Is there a problem with the EATC not the vacum?

It's an EATC / o-ring / vacuum issue.

Understand that most new cars have a "fail-safe" HVAC system.

When there is a loss of vacuum the HVAC system goes into 'fail-safe" mode.... heat and defrost so you can drive.

There are o-rings inside the 4 solenoids that control where the air comes out... vents, floor, defrost, etc. When those o-rings dry out and they will, they no longer seal and you have a vacuum leak so the air comes out the defrost vents.

I have replaced o-rings that are square, not round and are so hard I have to break them apart to get them off.

The fix is to replace the rubber OEM o-rings with silicone o-rings adding a small amount of silicone dielectric grease to the o-rings.

Granddaddy Marq
03-28-2012, 12:15 PM
It's an EATC / o-ring / vacuum issue.

Understand that most new cars have a "fail-safe" HVAC system.

When there is a loss of vacuum the HVAC system goes into 'fail-safe" mode.... heat and defrost so you can drive.

There are o-rings inside the 4 solenoids that control where the air comes out... vents, floor, defrost, etc. When those o-rings dry out and they will, they no longer seal and you have a vacuum leak so the air comes out the defrost vents.

I have replaced o-rings that are square, not round and are so hard I have to break them apart to get them off.

The fix is to replace the rubber OEM o-rings with silicone o-rings adding a small amount of silicone dielectric grease to the o-rings.

I remember a wright up with pix on that. Was that your wright up? I thought there was some kind of elecrical problem you where fixing.

SC Cheesehead
03-28-2012, 12:22 PM
I remember a wright up with pix on that. Was that your wright up? I thought there was some kind of elecrical problem you where fixing.

Electrical problem is with a relay in the LCM (lighting control module).

There are are also electrical problems associated with the BCM (blower control module).

The o-rings FBM is referring to in the EATC are solenoid issues that affect the function of the unit's ability to direct air flow to various outlets in the cabin.

IwantmyMMnow!
03-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Jim replaced/fixed my LCM/EATC in May of last year...no problems since then....best $$$ spent on my MM.

Check my sig block....

Granddaddy Marq
03-28-2012, 01:07 PM
Got it. Thanks