PDA

View Full Version : Mecum Houston

mrjones
04-13-2012, 06:20 AM
Anybody going to the Mecum auction in Houston this weekend at the Reliant Center? I'm going today and Saturday.

martyo
04-13-2012, 06:29 AM
Anybody going to the Mecum auction in Houston this weekend at the Reliant Center? I'm going today and Saturday.

I won't but I will be in Indy next month! :banana:

Be sure to post up and let me know what you thought of Houston.

Ozark Marauder
04-13-2012, 06:32 AM
I'm watching on the T.V.

OZ

SID210SA
04-13-2012, 12:30 PM
I thought about it, but too much came up for this weekend here

mrjones
04-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Well, I thought it was great. Went Friday from 3pm till almost 10pm, Saturday afternoon for a couple of hours, and then back again Saturday night for the last hour with my wife and youngest daughter. My daughter went up close to watch for a while (she's 9) and was acting really interested. She got to put one of the sold stickers on a custom El Camino.

It's a whole different animal compared to Barrett Jackson. Everything was all under one roof and easy to get to everything. Much less of a circus and show than BJ and the cars are much more reasonably priced, but they didn't really have the star cars that BJ does. I talked to some of the Mecum people and they said they were really pleased with the layout of the place and the area and that they will be coming back. Only $15/day to get in.