PDA

View Full Version : Anymore insight to that 2v(or rather SOHC) kit?

01 Interceptor
02-07-2004, 10:31 PM
I am just looking for some info in regards to a previous post where it was stated that good things were coming and to stay tuned. Just wondering if us Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis/Town Car guys are going to get some go fast goodies like our Marauder buddies. Thanks in advance!

THE_INTERCEPTOR
02-09-2004, 07:13 AM
I'd like to know too. :)

01 Interceptor, hello fellow CV buddy. :) **wave**

Jerry Barnes
02-09-2004, 09:36 AM
Guys,

Here is what I know at this time. A new group at Ford was trying to keep the Marauder alive with a 2V engine beyond 2004 with a non-intercooled supercharged engine, but that plan looks it won't make it. There is a new 3V 4.6L coming to all Panther platform vehicles in 2007 so they don't want to spend the money for development for the 2V Supercharger, if it is going away a year later. The second option was that Ford International was waiting for an answer on this question also and they wanted us(Trilogy) to design and develop a 2V Intercooled Supercharger for Middle East sales. We are still waiting to hear if they want to fund the project and have us do the work. I called last week to the person responsible for this project and I am waiting for a call back.

We would love to do the project, but with all of the new Supercharger projects we are working on, we could not afford the funding on our own. I am cinvinced that this would be a very successful project, I hope Ford International gives us the project soon.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks for the note!

01 Interceptor
02-09-2004, 11:14 PM
Hey "THE_INTERCEPTOR!!!"

Thanks for the update Jerry!