PDA

View Full Version : Magnaflows prices

duhtroll
02-10-2004, 12:48 PM
Howdy all -

I have been poking around on the net and found two sites that seem to be offering a significant discount on magnaflows. I priced the 14366 (model #)to go along with my DR exhaust system.

First site was http://www.hottexhaust.com/MagnaFlow_Performance/Stainless_Steel.htm

and the specific part was not on the site. I called their 800# and got the price of $84.91 apiece, and the guy I spoke to (John) said he would throw in the cost of shipping for that price. I asked if he would be willing to do a group rate on these for even a bit cheaper and he said he might consider it depending on how many.

Second site was http://www.performance-curve.com/exhaust/muffler.htm and I also had to call the 800# because the specific part was not there. He only had one in stock today, but depending on availability he would offer a price of $75 plus $10 shipping (so basically the same price).

I told both of them to check out MM.net. I have no interest in the sales of either (IOW I am not trying to push sales or violate any rules - if I have I am sorry), but since I was doing the work I figured I'd pass along the prices I got. Has anyone found prices better than these, and if so where?

So Logan, if you are interested in more site sponsors here are a couple more potentials. If not, I just wanted to give everyone an FYI.

Thanks all,
-A

MI2QWK4U
02-10-2004, 02:56 PM
You wont go wrong with the Magnaflows. I installed 2 polished stainless steel mufflers, part # 14255. I believe they are 18 inch. I also installed the Magnaflow Custom X pipe, part # 10790.

Jinfla
02-10-2004, 09:12 PM
I must admit I am in a quandry as I have seen so many Magnaflow number's posted as being the ones to use for Reinharts exhaust set up. I was under the impression Sgt. Mac said to use #14356 offset input - center output
a while back. What is the correct number as I am also in need of a set of mufflers to do the conversion to Reinharts ceramic coated manifolds,hiflow cat x pipe setup.

MI2QWK4U
02-10-2004, 09:22 PM
I cant speak to what Mac did with his ride, or how others came up with what they did. I went to my good friend that has a custom exhaust shop, explained what I wanted, and he picked out a setup that wasnt to loud or nasty sounding. He chose the Magnaflow for the straight thru design, no baffles in it at all, rather stainless steel wool for sound deadening packed around a straight pipe running thru the muffler. Those part numbers are what was used, including the Magnaflow Xpipe. If it helps, I took a bunch of pics of the finished job and posted them in the photo gallery. I will put the link here: http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showgallery.php/cat/500/si//page/2/sort/1/perpage/24/password//ppuser/252/what//name//whenterm/

If you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask. Ask any of the motor city crew up here how my car sounds at the strip, they all love it....good luck! too many choices!

duhtroll
02-11-2004, 02:12 PM
OK, I seem to have finally gotten to the bottom of this part number thing.

I have heard that both offset/offset AND center/offset can work, as we have had people on this board say they have installed both types.

For size, (length as in body length, not overall length) 18" seems to be the standard.

For dimensions, people have mentioned installing both 4x9s and 5x8s, so I have to assume both will fit. (I got this by matching the part #s given to the magnaflow website styles and pics)

Diameter in/out must correspond to the pipes you will use, whether it's the smaller OEM or the 2.5" DR setup (that I will have.) I cannot speak to Kook's.

With all of the different dimensions/pipe diameters/installs, hence all the different part numbers. Check the www.magnaflow.com site for the right numbers. It seems if you have the right diameter in/out then it's your preference after that as far as whether to go with 4x9 or 5x8.

Since I am installing DR's stuff, I called him for his recommendation. He recommended center/offset 2.5" in/out to go with his setup. (I am getting the cobra style manifolds, cats, x-pipe which are 2.5" and I decided to go with 4x9s for the mufflers) That according to the magnaflow website is part # 14356, so that is what I will be ordering from one of the net wholesalers I mentioned above.

I wonder what difference in sound (if any) there would be by going with a 5x8 instead of a 4x9. Maybe someone can chime in who knows what that would do. If the performance is the same it would be really interesting to hear both side by side.

Thanks - hope this helps. I know typing it out has helped me. Choices are great to have but sometimes they get confusing.

-A

edit: I should add that yes, I changed my mind from the 14366 number I gave above, though I would think either would work. I do what Dennis says! :)

Jinfla
02-11-2004, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the input on the Magnaflow setup. It seems I am on the right track with Magnaflow # 14356 The cheapest I have found is $72.00
anybody found them for a better price??