PDA

View Full Version : Are You Coming to Marauderville X (MV10) in South Haven, MI

Bluerauder
05-25-2012, 04:34 PM
Marauderville X (MV10) is 12-16 September 2012 in South Haven, MI. Are you going to be there??

All the pertinent information on this event to date is included below for one stop shopping. :D

Here you go!

This Year's Theme: "They Came By Air, Land and Sea!"

Wednesday, 12 September 2012:

Arrive at the Ramada (now Baymont) Lighthouse Inn in South Haven, Mi.

Ramada (now Baymont) Lighthouse Inn
1555 Phoenix St.
South Haven, Mich. 49090
(I-196 (Exit 20) and Phoenix Road)

Phone for Reservations: 269-639-9900. Room rate is $89.00 a night.

Link here for Hotel and Pics >>>> http://www.ramada.com/hotels/michigan/south-haven/ramada-lighthouse-inn-and-conference-center/hotel-overview?partner_id=&hotel_id=15473&campaign_code=IP-RAM_PPC_MSN_TM&propId=RA15473&brand_id=RA&checkout_date&modify=false&useWRPoints=false&children=0&corporate_id&ratePlan=BAR&teens=0&affiliate_id=&altPropId=15473&brand_code=BH%2CDI%2CRA%2CBU%2 CHJ%2CKG%2CMT%2CSE%2CTL%2CWG%2 CWY%2CPX%2CWT%2CWP&iata=&rate_code=SP2&adults=1&checkin_date&rooms=1

Tell 'em you are with the "Marauderville" group.

We have a block of 50 rooms reserved till August 1st. Get your reservation in now!

7:00 PM Caravan to Saugatuck to Spectators for dinner >>>> http://spectatorsrestaurant.com/main/ . This will be on your own. They will have a private area roped off for parking.

Thursday, 13 September 2012:

Leave at 8:00 AM for the Kalamazoo Air Zoo. Plenty to do here. They have many planes and a lot of interactive displays. This will be about one hour travel time so be fueled and ready to depart on time! You can visit them on line at www.airzoo.org (http://www.airzoo.org). We will leave at 2:30 PM.

The next stop will be Gingerman Raceway. We have the track from 4:30 PM till dark. We will have parade laps for everyone which will be no charge. These will be run using a pace car. Those that wish to run the course will go thru driving instruction and will need to pay a fee to be determined. This will be a good time to improve your driving skills and have some fun! You can visit them at www.gingermanraceway.com (http://www.gingermanraceway.com).

Friday, 14 September 2012:

We will leave for the Michigan Maritime Museum here in South Haven. Travel time shold be less than 15 Minutes. We will leave at 9:00 AM. The Car Show will also be held at the Museum so make sure you are ready! Everyone will get a ride on the the Friends Good Will tall ship >>>>>> http://www.michiganmaritimemuseum.org/friendsgoodwill/. She can carry 28 passengers each trip. The ride is 1.5 hours. We will have a sign up for this later on. You will also be able to take a ride on the Lindy Lou which is an electric harbor launch. Visit them at www.Michiganmaritimemuseum.org (http://www.Michiganmaritimemuseum.org ).

The Museum will be open to all of us during the weekend. The current display is War on the Great Lakes. This is about the War of 1812. This is a very cool display and you can walk it alone or go with a group. They have a number of boats on display thru out the grounds.

Lake Michigan and the piers are a 5 minute walk from the Museum. You can walk thru the marina and dream about your next yacht! I will have my Sea Ray which is named Heat Wave docked at the Museum for the weekend. We will use it as the photo boat a couple of times when the Friends Good Will goes out.

You can get food at the bar next to the Museum or walk across the draw bridge to the Depot and get a sandwich to go. This is also the local licquor store!

We will leave here at 3:00 PM and go to McIntosh Orchards. They make wines and beers here. This will be a 20 minute drive. Visit them at www.McIntoshorchards.com (http://www.McIntoshorchards.com).

Friday night will be dinner on your own. Plenty of places to eat in South Haven. For those that want to hang out we are invited to the Mayor's house for the evening on the river. Bob has an area where we can have a fire and private parking across the street. Alcohol is allowed!;) This is 2 blocks fron downtown. You will also want to head down to the beach for the sunset and photos with the Lighthouse. We have nice sandy beaches here in South Haven! The beach is less than 15 minutes if you are walking from Bob's house.

Saturday, 15 September 2012:

Morning will be Marauder Seminar if we can find some speakers. Stay tuned!

12:30 PM we will depart to the country to attend Roscoe's Cruise. This will take about 20 minutes of drive time. Make sure your car is fueled up before we leave!!!! Roscoe's Cruise is a local get together of car lovers. We will have about 50 local cars that will join us for this event. We leave Roscoe's at 2 PM for a drive thru the countryside and return about 4:30 for a potluck dinner. This will be a good time to relax and meet some of us local people and admire each others cars! This event is put on by a local family every year. They are thrilled to have us with them this year.
This wraps up abot 5:30. Here is a video from a couple of year ago. As you can see the boys ike Fords around here. The Multi colored Cobra Jet Mustang is one of the Ford of Canada Drag cars! The Blue 63 Merc is Kirk's from here on the site. Here ya go! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2tKBG0K7kQ

Saturday night we will have Awards, Raffle and a Band at the motel. This will be a bring your own alcohol event. We will fill you in on this later on!

Sunday, 16 September 2012:

Sunday morning we will meet at the South Haven Yacht Club on the Black River here in south Haven. We need to leave at 8:45 AM so we can make it there by 9:00 AM. This will be the Farewell Breakfast and wrap up the event. We need to be out by 11:00 AM. We will have private parking at the Yacht Club. Visit them at www.southhavenyachtclub.com (http://www.southhavenyachtclub.com)

guspech750
05-25-2012, 04:44 PM
Most likely solo:( Wifey is finishing up her dual masters program soon:)

But what evs. As long as I am there along with my fellow MM peeps:burnout:

Voted solo..........

Marauderman
05-25-2012, 05:53 PM
Marauderville X (MV10) is 12-16 September 2012 in South Haven, MI. Are you going to be there??

All the pertinent information on this event to date is included below for one stop shopping. :D

Your terrific here with this pro-mo-- Charlie--That's why I had a special gift for the best "Cheerleader" for MVVIII--Y O U!!! and your good at it again--way to go my friend--you are good at this for sure!! I appreciate how you keep all up to date on this like you did for us--keep it up man!

SC Cheesehead
05-25-2012, 06:37 PM
DEFINITELY gonna be there with Ms. CH.

DOOM
05-25-2012, 07:15 PM
DEFINITELY gonna be there with Ms. CH.

Uh oh!!! :eek:

:burn: :bop:

kirk
05-25-2012, 08:14 PM
I'll be there.

SC Cheesehead
05-26-2012, 04:50 AM
I'll be there.

WOOT! :bounce:

I'll finally get to meet you and see that fantastic MM of yours! :banana:

Can't wait!

SergntMac
05-26-2012, 05:00 AM
Nice job, Charlie. Thanks for your effort.

Will be there, hope y'all don't mind a Shelby GT (possibly two) mixing in with y'all.

I'm very excited about this event, time will pass too slowly until then.

Y'all be safe, see ya in South Haven.
Mac.
SergntMac@aol.com

FastMerc
05-26-2012, 07:34 AM
I am deffinantly planning on it have to see how this sick leave thing plays out...

bugsyc
05-26-2012, 08:46 AM
Sounds great... I'm going to try making this one...Thanks to all of you who put their work and timr to make this happen......bugsy......:beer:

kirk
05-26-2012, 02:22 PM

I'll finally get to meet you and see that fantastic MM of yours! :banana:

Can't wait!

Looking forward to it. You should get to see both. I'm planning to alternate.

SC Cheesehead
05-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Looking forward to it. You should get to see both. I'm planning to alternate.

:banana: WOOT! WOOT! :banana:

Gryphonzus
05-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Just made our reservations. Now begins the hurry up and wait!!

pem
05-26-2012, 09:50 PM
will there be a pro photographer in the grandstand at Gingerman taking pictures of the individual cars during the parade lap like what was done at Indianapolis Motor Speedway???

Commodore Crap
05-27-2012, 06:13 PM
I presented this idea to the wife and she is excited about going!
We both cannot wait! Now, I just need to fix the transmission and maybe throw the Eaton on before then!

-ryan s.

PRCARGUY
05-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Too close to my Route 66 bucket list trip.:( Hopefully next year.

Commodore Crap
05-28-2012, 10:27 AM
I also need to change my vote from maybe to 2 of us. :D

-ryan s.

BODYMAN
05-28-2012, 10:34 AM
Yep I plan to be there!

SC Cheesehead
05-28-2012, 10:54 AM
Yep I plan to be there!

WOOT! Good stuff, Todd!

You wanna take the ferry across Lake Michigan with us on the way over?

guspech750
05-28-2012, 11:59 AM
Yep I plan to be there!
You better be.:beer:

slickster
05-28-2012, 04:44 PM
To far for me. But I will be to the one next year down south. Wink wink ;)

droppointalpha
05-29-2012, 01:26 AM
I'll be there, barring any changes in my work schedule. Long drive....

Gigan
05-30-2012, 07:24 AM
I will definitely be coming since I only live like an hour away from South Haven.

Given how close I am I was considering just driving back and forth each day, but I dont know if I will miss out on the "spirit of the event" or something like that. It would save me a good amount of money but I was just curious what other opinions are?

guspech750
05-30-2012, 08:16 AM
I will definitely be coming since I only live like an hour away from South Haven.

Given how close I am I was considering just driving back and forth each day, but I dont know if I will miss out on the "spirit of the event" or something like that. It would save me a good amount of money but I was just curious what other opinions are?

Personally if I lived close by, I would stay at the hotel. Nothing like drinking, having a good time till the wee hours at night, or just being plain Ol tired from a great day with friends and just walking to my room going to sleep and waking up the next day to see them bright and early.

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

HammerDown
05-30-2012, 11:34 AM

If you can manage it, you really should stay at the hotel. If you didn't get to meet alot of the people at the daily events, then you can hang out with them at the hotel in the evening. Before you know it, it'll be too late to have to drive home, then getting up early the next day to come back for the next day's activity would be a drag............ Just my :twocents:

Hope it works out for you!!

Bluerauder
05-30-2012, 04:32 PM
I will definitely be coming since I only live like an hour away from South Haven. Given how close I am I was considering just driving back and forth each day, but I dont know if I will miss out on the "spirit of the event" or something like that. It would save me a good amount of money but I was just curious what other opinions are?

Personally if I lived close by, I would stay at the hotel.

If you can manage it, you really should stay at the hotel.

+3 I agree. Driving 2 hours each day back and forth will get old really quick not to mention starting early and leaving late. 50 miles one-way for 4 days is 400 miles. If you can't stay all 4 nights, maybe you could try 1,2, or 3 --- whatever fits your budget.

The hotel is the Marauderville Headquarters for event and all the information for the next day or night is passed out there .... registration, departure times, drivers meetings, pertinent information, etc. The awards and raffle drawings will also be held there on Saturday night and likely will run late with activities (check the itinerary).

Much of the socialization at a Marauderville takes place in the mornings at Breakfast or in the parking lot or after the scheduled events in the lobby or the lounge. Being a commuter may cut you out of a large part of this experience. So, I'll agree with the above that if you can stay at the hotel, it'll probably be a better experience and a better opportunity to get to meet other owners in a non-structured setting. JMHO.

If the hotel just ain't in the cards for you .... then attendance at the events is certainly the next best thing so you don't miss out on the whole Marauderville experience.

Gigan
05-31-2012, 05:21 AM
All the points you guys bring up were the reasons why I wasnt completely sold on commuting in the first place. It's not a money issue, sometimes I can just be cheap :). So now that I have been reasured that I will be missing out if I don't stay at the hotel I will be reserving a room.

SC Cheesehead
05-31-2012, 06:52 AM
All the points you guys bring up were the reasons why I wasnt completely sold on commuting in the first place. It's not a money issue, sometimes I can just be cheap :). So now that I have been reasured that I will be missing out if I don't stay at the hotel I will be reserving a room.

IMO, the evening "bench racing" sessions in the parking lot are some of the best times at Marauderville.

Hard to beat drinkin' beer, talkin' car stuff, and swappin' lies... ;)

MyTMerc
06-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Diane and I will be heading up early and staying near Warren, MI Sat-Wed visitng family and friends, then heading across the state. We'll stop at the Gilmore Museum on way over. Should be a fun week.

IwantmyMMnow!
06-02-2012, 09:49 PM
I will be there...just don't know when exactly I'll arrive (Wed vs Thurs) due to my class schedule. I don't have any classes on Thursdays and will skip my classes on Friday. I don't want to miss out on Gingerman; the Air museum that morning is something I'm really interested in as well. The only problem is I have my Astronomy lab on Wed evenings; even if I decide to skip that I won't be done with my regular classes until 3:30 Wed afternoon, which means a midnight arrival Wed night.

I will reserve a room for Thur-Sun; would someone be willing to share their room Wed night if I do end up coming up there that night?

rayjay
06-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Unfortunately it is far too close to my SC trip to look at relocating, so my string will be broken at 2, made 3 total. :(

Bluerauder
06-06-2012, 05:09 PM
:bump:

There are still LOTS of folks who haven't checked in on the poll. Come on gang .... Marauderville X (MV10) in South Haven, MI 12-16 September 2012. We are 100 days out. Need to get your planning in gear...... and check in on the Poll.

Ms. Denmark
06-06-2012, 05:54 PM
:bump:

There are still LOTS of folks who haven't checked in on the poll. Come on gang .... Marauderville X (MV10) in South Haven, MI 12-16 September 2012. We are 100 days out. Need to get your planning in gear...... and check in on the Poll.Still can't confirm either way at this time...

SC Cheesehead
06-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Still can't confirm either way at this time...

Leave Mr. Man at home to take care of the buddies, you're more fun than that ol' stick in the mud anyways (plus you make really good COOKIES!). :D

Bluerauder
06-11-2012, 03:12 AM
Another :bump:

SC Cheesehead
06-11-2012, 09:59 AM
What's the current count (in both cars and people)?

yjmud
06-11-2012, 10:15 AM
don't know if I will have the cash for the hotel and everything else?

SC Cheesehead
06-11-2012, 11:56 AM
don't know if I will have the cash for the hotel and everything else?

See if you can hook up with Joey to split a hotel room, He's going by himself, I think.

DOOM
06-11-2012, 01:06 PM
See if you can hook up with Joey to split a hotel room, He's going by himself, I think.

That's sending the sheep to the wolves!!!

SC Cheesehead
06-11-2012, 07:27 PM
That's sending the sheep to the wolves!!!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!:nono:

I'm on commission..... ;) ---------> :D

yjmud
06-11-2012, 08:52 PM
so will excuse me does this smell like chloroform won't work huh?

Commodore Crap
06-12-2012, 06:21 PM
I'm ready to go to my first Marauderville. I had to turn down home opener tickets and two trips (Alaska and Puerto Rico) so I can make this! It seems everything is being scheduled for the second week in September!
But we are still coming to South Haven!

-ryan s.

guspech750
06-12-2012, 07:16 PM
I'm ready to go to my first Marauderville. I had to turn down home opener tickets and two trips (Alaska and Puerto Rico) so I can make this! It seems everything is being scheduled for the second week in September!
But we are still coming to South Haven!

-ryan s.

Wooooooo hooooooo. Fresh meat!!

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

Yes, it will, Precious, won't it? It will get the hose!

Okay... okay... okay. Mister, if you let me go, I won't - I won't press charges I promise. See, my mom is a real important woman... I guess you already know that.

Now it places the lotion in the basket.

Please! Please I wanna go home! I wanna go home please!

It places the lotion in the basket

I wanna see my mommy! Please I wanna see my...

Put the ****ing lotion in the basket!

Oh it should be good times. Good times indeed.

Sent from my iPhone

Commodore Crap
06-13-2012, 07:30 PM
Wow.
Getting a little excited there?
No more Skittles for you!

-ryan s.

Bluerauder
06-16-2012, 06:19 AM
The weekly bump :bump:

stevengerard
06-23-2012, 08:10 AM
I'll be there, been a long time since I've been to an MM meet

WhatsUpDOHC
06-23-2012, 10:51 AM
Wooooooo hooooooo. Fresh meat!!

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

Yes, it will, Precious, won't it? It will get the hose!

Okay... okay... okay. Mister, if you let me go, I won't - I won't press charges I promise. See, my mom is a real important woman... I guess you already know that.

Now it places the lotion in the basket.

Please! Please I wanna go home! I wanna go home please!

It places the lotion in the basket

I wanna see my mommy! Please I wanna see my...

Put the ****ing lotion in the basket!

Oh it should be good times. Good times indeed.

Sent from my iPhone

No more Chianti and Fava beans for you!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bluerauder
07-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Only 70 more days until Marauderville X (MV10).

Less than 30 days to get your Hotel room reserved.

Whatcha waitin' for ???

SC Cheesehead
07-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Only 70 more days until Marauderville X (MV10).

Agreed.

When is registration gonna start? :dunno:

IwantmyMMnow!
07-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Agreed.

When is registration gonna start? :dunno:

Charlie's already registered for MV 11-20....;)

guspech750
07-02-2012, 08:34 PM

:lol:

Sent from my iPhone

Ms. Denmark
07-03-2012, 02:32 AM
Sadly, it's not possible for us to go this year. Would have loved to see upper Michigan and know John will put on a hell of a party. We'll be there in spirit...

Bluerauder
07-04-2012, 06:29 AM
With MV10 only about 60 days away, I am surprised that some 80 folks HAVEN'T CHECKED IN on the attendance poll yet. Hopefully that means they are still checking the calendar ..... Time is Drawing close.

05crownsport
1 Bad Merc
1stMerc
71Cyclone
AConvertedChevy
Adam12
Baconbit
Ben
BK GrandMarquis
blackrauder
btvollmuth
BUICKMAN
Carol Babcock
CobraSVT657
Comin' in Hot
Cougar Marauder
ctrlraven
Daily 03
DEFYANT
DOOM
F8LBITEva
fastblackmerc
fesifisky
FormulaMarauder
Georges93LX
Go2GuyFL
gohogs
Haggis
Horsepower
Hotrauder
hwy73
irish
J D
jimbok1951
Joe Walsh
johnnyrauder
jonsun1
jsignorelli
JUST 1BULLITT
justbob
Kennyrauder
Krytin
Ladyhawke
LeoVampire
Loco1234/Pacammer
Marauder_Santa
Marco Balducci
mercury5
mike P71
MM03MOK/RF Overlord
Motorhead350/Sheepy
Multimerc
myrodr
oldguy
pantheroc
Papillon
Pat
pdimaggio
POPPAJ
Pops
Racer X
Razzberry
Red91LX
RocsMerc
rossv1
Seneca
Shaijack
Shermanator/Blown3.8
Showroom
StorminNormin
tdotcv
thathotrodlincn
troop 69 6969
twin03
Victoria Cifers
visionmercury
vkirkend
Vortex
W4LTD
wickedmerc

SC Cheesehead
07-04-2012, 06:50 AM
With MV10 only about 60 days away, I am surprised that some 85 folks haven't even checked in on the attendance poll yet. Hopefully that means they are still checking the calendar ..... Time is Drawing close.

witman40

I wondering when registration is gonna open.

Hard to order shirts, dash plaques, etc if you don't have registered headcounts...:dunno:

Also, witman40 is now Comin'inHot.

Bluerauder
07-04-2012, 07:22 AM
Also, witman40 is now Comin'inHot.

Thanks ..... ^^^^^ Fixed.

I was using MV8 and MV9 lists as a base. ;)

SC Cheesehead
07-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Thanks ..... ^^^^^ Fixed.

I was using MV8 and MV9 lists as a base. ;)

Yeah, that's what I did, too, the first time I posted up something after those events. :o

I'm itching to get registered, hope Bunny opens up the EventBrite link soon.

Curless
07-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Just made the decision we are going. Looking forward to putting some faces with some names!

justbob
07-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Not sure if I'm gonna make it. I am already taking off a good chunck of time for a family vacation a month prior and work for the last few months has been brutal trying to stay on schedule. But it is construction and is always a never ending roller coaster..

Sent from my Ally while ruling the world from my toilet.

IwantmyMMnow!
07-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Not sure if I'm gonna make it. I am already taking off a good chunck of time for a family vacation a month prior and work for the last few months has been brutal trying to stay on schedule. But it is construction and is always a never ending roller coaster..

Sent from my Ally while ruling the world from my toilet.

A MV that's in your backyard (can't be but 200 miles at most?) and you're not sure if you're gonna make it?!?! Even if you can only make it for one day and/or night, you know it's worth it...

If you don't show, I'll drive to your house after it's over and slash your tires, kick the dog/cat, and poop on your front doorstep!!!

Gryphonzus
07-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Hey Bluerauder doen this mean WE cannot come since we are not on the list?

Pat
07-04-2012, 03:54 PM

That would exceed the life span of the battery, in his car not his heart.

Bluerauder
07-07-2012, 04:24 AM
Hey Bluerauder does this mean WE cannot come since we are not on the list?

Not at all ..... the list ^^^^^ above in Post #53 only indicates those who HAVE NOT indicated their intentions in the Poll. You and JoAnn are in the YES category.

J-MAN
07-07-2012, 05:45 AM
Flying solo

SC Cheesehead
07-07-2012, 06:08 AM
Flying solo

Good stuff! :up:

Bluerauder
07-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Time to bring back the Marauderville X (MV10) teaser video

8Fcc5NQcuqo

Commodore Crap
07-11-2012, 03:06 PM
I hope my Marauder will be fixed by then. I need to rebuild the transmission.

-ryan s.

TooManyFords
07-12-2012, 05:07 AM
I hope my Marauder will be fixed by then. I need to rebuild the transmission.

-ryan s.

What happened to the transmission I sold you a few years ago?

Commodore Crap
07-12-2012, 03:27 PM
I just burnt it up. I was doing the J-mod and I didn't put that stupid filter screen in correctly and destroyed the direct drive clutches.
So I'm going to rebuild the original.
I'm gonna start on Tuesday.
I still need to buy something from you so I can pay by check again. :D

-ryan s.

Bigdogjim
07-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Pepretty sure I am going to have to pass on number X. :alone:

Bluerauder
07-15-2012, 05:40 AM

Bluerauder
07-26-2012, 03:31 PM

Still haven't heard from 80 folks ... YES, NO, or MAYBE ???

Only 5 more days to book your room under the "Marauderville" Group.

05crownsport
1 Bad Merc
1stMerc
71Cyclone
AConvertedChevy
Adam12
Baconbit
Ben
BK GrandMarquis
blackrauder
btvollmuth
BUICKMAN
Carol Babcock
CobraSVT657
Comin' in Hot
Cougar Marauder
ctrlraven
Daily 03
DEFYANT
DOOM
F8LBITEva
fastblackmerc
fesifisky
FormulaMarauder
Georges93LX
Go2GuyFL
gohogs
Haggis
Horsepower
Hotrauder
hwy73
irish
J D
jimbok1951
Joe Walsh
johnnyrauder
jonsun1
jsignorelli
JUST 1BULLITT
justbob
Kennyrauder
Krytin
Ladyhawke
LeoVampire
Loco1234/Pacammer
Marauder_Santa
Marco Balducci
mercury5
mike P71
MM03MOK/RF Overlord
Motorhead350/Sheepy
Multimerc
myrodr
oldguy
pantheroc
Papillon
Pat
pdimaggio
Peter
POPPAJ
Pops
Racer X
Razzberry
Red91LX
RocsMerc
rossv1
Seneca
Shaijack
Shermanator/Blown3.8
Showroom
StorminNormin
tdotcv
thathotrodlincn
troop 69 6969
twin03
Victoria Cifers
visionmercury
vkirkend
W4LTD
wickedmerc

FastMerc
07-26-2012, 04:05 PM
Sadly, it's not possible for us to go this year. Would have loved to see upper Michigan and know John will put on a hell of a party. We'll be there in spirit...
Thats a bummer missed you guys twice this year...

IwantmyMMnow!
07-26-2012, 08:31 PM
Otay...so, I've been going through all the possible scenarios for the best time of arrival to shoot for. It will be a 10-11hr drive for me, so need to take a lot into consideration. I can't show up on day 1 at all due to my class schedule; I have classes until 3:30pm. I don't want to show up at 2-3am...that would just make a mess of day 2; also, since I will be missing classes on Friday, I don't want to miss any class for more than one day...I don't have any classes on Thursday, so that helps. I do have a lab from 930-11pm on Wed nights (astronomy) but don't have an issue missing that since it's only once a week...besides, I'll have to miss it if I want to make it up there safely in time for Gingerman w/o driving through the night...who wants a sleep-deprived driver on a road course...not me.

I don't want to miss Gingerman, so need to arrive prior to the start of that. Didn't want to miss the Air Museum, but will have to. Wanted to make the drive all in one shot, but won't be able to w/o taking some serious (and dumb) risks. I will plan on leaving here around 5pm Wed afternoon and stop near Louisville for the night, get up the next morning and arrive at hotel around 3pm to check-in and have time to meet up with everyone else at Gingerman. Looks like it's only 10 mins from hotel, so shouldn't be an issue. Looking at the itinerary, arrival time at Gingerman is 4:30, correct?

I do have a couple questions, though. Will there be someone at the hotel from MM.net so I can 'check in' with them, or will it have to wait until after we get back from Gingerman? Is it okay for me to meet up with everyone at Gingerman, or will this cause problems?

I plan on booking my room within the next 24hrs and will do the registration piece when I am told it will be okay for me to 'show up' at the track w/o the main group.

Thanks again to all that have put together what will be an awesome event...can't believe we're only 45 days away!

Bluerauder
07-27-2012, 03:44 AM
...... arrive at hotel around 3pm to check-in and have time to meet up with everyone else at Gingerman. Looks like it's only 10 mins from hotel, so shouldn't be an issue. Looking at the itinerary, arrival time at Gingerman is 4:30, correct?

Looking at the Itinerary for Thursday, 13 Sep 2012, I suspect that many people if not all will be heading back to the hotel after the Kalamazoo Air Zoo. They should arrive there around 3:30 PM to change clothes, pick up race gear/equipment, drop off "non-racers", and maybe freshen up a bit before heading over to Gingerman. An MM convoy will likely roll from the hotel parking lot between 4:00 - 4:15 PM. Your check-in at 3:00 PM should allow more than enough time for you to depart the hotel with the gang enroute to Gingerman. Suggest that you check with Pops on his timetable for this.

Based on past MV Events, registration with MM.Net is usually set up on Wednesday afternoon 3:00 - 6:00 PM or so for the bulk of the hotel arrivals. Thereafter you can register in the mornings or evenings while most folks are at the hotel. Probably little opportunity to do this during the day between events.

IwantmyMMnow!
07-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Just reserved my room...will do the registration piece in a day or two. I get my retirement pay and GI Bill housing money tomorrow...I've had the kids with me for the past week (gotta give em back in a few hours...:(), so funds are kinda low at the moment.

Pops
07-31-2012, 05:53 AM
Great! See you soon!

MarauderMike
08-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Ok, it looks like I am going to drive in early Friday morning but I need to know where I would find a self serve car wash near the hotel that I can get to before going to the car show. Any one have a suggestion?

Bluerauder
08-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Ok, it looks like I am going to drive in early Friday morning but I need to know where I would find a self serve car wash near the hotel that I can get to before going to the car show. Any one have a suggestion?

According to "Pops"/John, there is one about 3 minutes from the hotel (Ramada South Haven Lighthouse). It will be good to see you again Mike. Last time was at MVIII in August 2005. Its been way too long. I hope Dave, Dan and the rest of the MCM gang can find time to make MV10.

Its about 3 minutes away Jake. I have a special one just for you!;)

Looks like there are three car washes close to the hotel including one right there at the Shell Station within a short walk of the hotel >>> http://local.search.yahoo.com/search?p=car+wash&addr=south+haven+mi&section=map Not sure which one works for you.

Pops
08-06-2012, 05:36 AM
The car Shell car wash is is automot4ed and its next door. The self car wash is 3 minutes away.

Bluerauder
08-07-2012, 08:45 AM
Time to Bump :bump: this one too.

Bluerauder
08-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Another Bump :bump:

05crownsport
08-22-2012, 03:51 PM
I just registered!

Bluerauder
08-26-2012, 05:42 AM
Just a :bump: to bring the Itinerary to the Top of the List.

I can't wait to get on the road headed west. Looking forward to this one.

My informal estimate so far is 48 cars and 72 people ... maybe more. :D

48 Registered so far as of 26 August 2012 ...

Whatcha waitin' for ??

Michigan -- 17
Maryland -- 5
New Jersey -- 5
Illinois -- 4
Ohio -- 4
Indiana -- 3
Virginia -- 3
North Carolina -- 1
Arkansas -- 1
Georgia -- 1
Texas -- 1
South Carolina -- 1
Iowa -- 1
Wisconsin --1

Haggis
08-26-2012, 07:10 AM
What no Kentucky or Massachusetts?

Bigdogjim
08-26-2012, 08:33 AM
What no Kentucky or Massachusetts?

Word is they need a passport:lol:

TooManyFords
08-26-2012, 08:41 AM
Word is they need a passport:lol:

And be able to read the maps!

chapel1
08-26-2012, 02:47 PM
I will be coming solo for this trip. Gail my better half can't get exhused from work.
I can get to So Haven friday afternoon late? I can't wait to see many of those I've missed from past events.Hopefully I can get my car cleaned up enough for the car show.Anyone else going solo?

DOOM
08-26-2012, 03:33 PM
I will be coming solo for this trip. Gail my better half can't get exhused from work.
I can get to So Haven friday afternoon late? I can't wait to see many of those I've missed from past events.Hopefully I can get my car cleaned up enough for the car show.Anyone else going solo?

That's awesome!!! :banana2:

:burnout:

SC Cheesehead
08-26-2012, 03:51 PM

Gonna miss seeing Gail, but will be good to hook up with you again, Gary!

guspech750
08-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Oh boy. I finally get to meet another local!!:beer:

Cougar_Marauder
08-26-2012, 10:24 PM
Well it looks like I'm not going to make it this year, it was a tough decision but I am opting to go to Daytona for Biketoberfest instead. On the flip side I'm just about done with my Trilogy install :banana2:

Bigdogjim
08-26-2012, 11:35 PM
Well it looks like I'm not going to make it this year, it was a tough decision but I am opting to go to Daytona for Biketoberfest instead. On the flip side I'm just about done with my Trilogy install :banana2:

And this MV is so close to you, see you at the next one, enjoy Daytona and safe travel.

Haggis
08-27-2012, 04:28 AM

Say it aint so!!!! No Nate and no Rents.....:bigcry:

SC Cheesehead
08-27-2012, 04:29 AM
Say it aint so!!!! No Nate and no Rents.....:bigcry:

I'm thinking the same thing... :(

Bluerauder
08-28-2012, 04:28 AM
:woohoo:

Just 2 more weeks until departure !!!!

SC Cheesehead
08-28-2012, 06:29 AM

Just 2 more weeks until departure !!!!

Only 9 more days for me, Charlie! :bounce:

Bigdogjim
08-28-2012, 07:52 AM
Only 9 more days for me, Charlie! :bounce:

Are you taking the l-o-n-g way to Mi. Need a map:lol:

SC Cheesehead
08-28-2012, 07:54 AM
Are you taking the l-o-n-g way to Mi. Need a map:lol:

Heading out early, gonna spend a couple days with family and friends in Cheeseheadland, then take the SS Badger across the Lake to Ludington and drive in from "da nort"... ;)

MyTMerc
08-28-2012, 05:35 PM
Diane and I will be heading up early and staying near Warren, MI Sat-Wed visitng family and friends, then heading across the state. We'll stop at the Gilmore Museum on way over. Should be a fun week.

Well we have to change our plans due to a wedding on Saturday the 15th here in Southern Maryland. Unfortunately, we are going to miss this MV. We did get to go to Woodward. I didn't see any Marauders this year?

Hope everyone has a great time. We'll miss you!

Bigdogjim
08-28-2012, 05:46 PM
Shaun, sorry to here of the change of plans, wedding don't happen all the time so go and ejoy yourself's we will miss you.

Bluerauder
09-07-2012, 04:10 AM
I plan to print the Itinerary below and put it over my visor so that it is a handy reference for the events next week .....

Here you go!

This Year's Theme: "They Came By Air, Land and Sea!"

Wednesday, 12 September 2012:

Arrive at the Ramada (now Baymont) Lighthouse Inn in South Haven, Mi.

Ramada (now Baymont) Lighthouse Inn
1555 Phoenix St.
South Haven, Mich. 49090
(I-196 (Exit 20) and Phoenix Road)

Phone for Reservations: 269-639-9900. Room rate is $89.00 a night (changed to $79.00).

Link here for Hotel and Pics >>>> http://www.ramada.com/hotels/michigan/south-haven/ramada-lighthouse-inn-and-conference-center/hotel-overview?partner_id=&hotel_id=15473&campaign_code=IP-RAM_PPC_MSN_TM&propId=RA15473&brand_id=RA&checkout_date&modify=false&useWRPoints=false&children=0&corporate_id&ratePlan=BAR&teens=0&affiliate_id=&altPropId=15473&brand_code=BH%2CDI%2CRA%2CBU%2 CHJ%2CKG%2CMT%2CSE%2CTL%2CWG%2 CWY%2CPX%2CWT%2CWP&iata=&rate_code=SP2&adults=1&checkin_date&rooms=1

Tell 'em you are with the "Marauderville" group.

We have a block of 50 rooms reserved till August 1st. Get your reservation in now!

7:00 PM Caravan to Saugatuck to Spectators for dinner >>>> http://spectatorsrestaurant.com/main/ . This will be on your own. They will have a private area roped off for parking.

Thursday, 13 September 2012:

Leave at 8:00 AM for the Kalamazoo Air Zoo. Plenty to do here. They have many planes and a lot of interactive displays. This will be about one hour travel time so be fueled and ready to depart on time! You can visit them on line at www.airzoo.org (http://www.airzoo.org). We will leave at 2:30 PM.

The next stop will be Gingerman Raceway. We have the track from 4:30 PM till dark. We will have parade laps for everyone which will be no charge. These will be run using a pace car. Those that wish to run the course will go thru driving instruction and will need to pay a fee to be determined. This will be a good time to improve your driving skills and have some fun! You can visit them at www.gingermanraceway.com (http://www.gingermanraceway.com).

Friday, 14 September 2012:

We will leave for the Michigan Maritime Museum here in South Haven. Travel time shold be less than 15 Minutes. We will leave at 9:00 AM. The Car Show will also be held at the Museum so make sure you are ready! Everyone will get a ride on the the Friends Good Will tall ship >>>>>> http://www.michiganmaritimemuseum.org/friendsgoodwill/. She can carry 28 passengers each trip. The ride is 1.5 hours. We will have a sign up for this later on. You will also be able to take a ride on the Lindy Lou which is an electric harbor launch. Visit them at www.Michiganmaritimemuseum.org (http://www.Michiganmaritimemuseum.org ).

The Museum will be open to all of us during the weekend. The current display is War on the Great Lakes. This is about the War of 1812. This is a very cool display and you can walk it alone or go with a group. They have a number of boats on display thru out the grounds.

Lake Michigan and the piers are a 5 minute walk from the Museum. You can walk thru the marina and dream about your next yacht! I will have my Sea Ray which is named Heat Wave docked at the Museum for the weekend. We will use it as the photo boat a couple of times when the Friends Good Will goes out.

You can get food at the bar next to the Museum or walk across the draw bridge to the Depot and get a sandwich to go. This is also the local licquor store!

We will leave here at 3:00 PM and go to McIntosh Orchards. They make wines and beers here. This will be a 20 minute drive. Visit them at www.McIntoshorchards.com (http://www.McIntoshorchards.com).

Friday night will be dinner on your own. Plenty of places to eat in South Haven. For those that want to hang out we are invited to the Mayor's house for the evening on the river. Bob has an area where we can have a fire and private parking across the street. Alcohol is allowed!;) This is 2 blocks fron downtown. You will also want to head down to the beach for the sunset and photos with the Lighthouse. We have nice sandy beaches here in South Haven! The beach is less than 15 minutes if you are walking from Bob's house.

Saturday, 15 September 2012:

Morning will be Marauder Seminar . Steve Babcock (Marauder Program Manager) and Jerry Barnes (Trilogy Motorsports) will be on hand to provide valuable information!

12:30 PM we will depart to the country to attend Roscoe's Cruise. This will take about 20 minutes of drive time. Make sure your car is fueled up before we leave!!!! Roscoe's Cruise is a local get together of car lovers. We will have about 50 local cars that will join us for this event. We leave Roscoe's at 2 PM for a drive thru the countryside and return about 4:30 for a potluck dinner. This will be a good time to relax and meet some of us local people and admire each others cars! This event is put on by a local family every year. They are thrilled to have us with them this year.
This wraps up abot 5:30. Here is a video from a couple of year ago. As you can see the boys ike Fords around here. The Multi colored Cobra Jet Mustang is one of the Ford of Canada Drag cars! The Blue 63 Merc is Kirk's from here on the site. Here ya go! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2tKBG0K7kQ

Saturday night we will have Awards, Raffle and a Band at the motel. This will be a bring your own alcohol event. We will fill you in on this later on!

Sunday, 16 September 2012:

Sunday morning we will meet at the South Haven Yacht Club on the Black River here in south Haven. We need to leave at 8:45 AM so we can make it there by 9:00 AM. This will be the Farewell Breakfast and wrap up the event. We need to be out by 11:00 AM. We will have private parking at the Yacht Club. Visit them at www.southhavenyachtclub.com (http://www.southhavenyachtclub.com)

Bigdogjim
09-07-2012, 05:18 AM
Good thinking:)

I on the other hand will just follow the smoke trail:laugh:

DOOM
09-07-2012, 06:00 AM
I on the other hand will just follow the smoke trail :laugh:

So you'll be following me? :D

yjmud
09-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Heading out early, gonna spend a couple days with family and friends in Cheeseheadland, then take the SS Badger across the Lake to Ludington and drive in from "da nort"... ;)

a quick chi-town meet while passing through

05crownsport
09-07-2012, 09:21 AM
I signed up...got a room, and even had the days off! My bosses asked me to stay home for work:( I am not one to say no...it's more important to finish this project i'm on right now. Take plenty of pictures for us all to see!:(

Haggis
09-07-2012, 09:24 AM
I signed up...got a room, and even had the days off! My bosses asked me to stay home for work:( I am not one to say no...it's more important to finish this project i'm on right now. Take plenty of pictures for us all to see!:(

You.....SUCK!!!

HammerDown
09-07-2012, 11:56 AM

Work SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We'll miss ya!!!!!!! Dayum!!!!!

Bluerauder
09-07-2012, 12:16 PM
You.....SUCK!!!

Work SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We'll miss ya!!!!!!! Dayum!!!!!

..... and your Boss SUCKS !!! :P

05crownsport
09-07-2012, 12:32 PM
I love you all too! Sounds like a big suckfest!

Bigdogjim
09-07-2012, 02:31 PM
I love you all too! Sounds like a big suckfest!

No we all are going to one big party:banana2:

You however are at the "suck fest":P

We will miss you.