PDA

View Full Version : Yes - Let's Get it Going - Carlisle 2013 and Marauder Visibility!

WhatsUpDOHC
06-03-2012, 07:59 AM
We need to be assigned a flat area next year. Who do we contact - Do we need a petition?

Also, I think that we should also petition to have a Marauder on the Carlisle participant plaque - There is a Cougar so they'll accept Mercurys.

What do you think?

Mark

DOOM
06-03-2012, 08:29 AM
They need to get the voting and stickers right first. :shake:

Ms. Denmark
06-03-2012, 08:44 AM
We need to be assigned a flat area next year. Who do we contact - Do we need a petition?

Also, I think that we should also petition to have a Marauder on the Carlisle participant plaque - There is a Cougar so they'll accept Mercurys.

What do you think?

Mark
Yes Mark, but take a look at the great pics I got from the hill...plus that breeze!

Mr. Man
06-03-2012, 12:53 PM
If we can get 4 rows again I think most everybody can park on a flat section. I didn't see as many cars parked going down the hill this year as last and we had a similar number of cars.

As I understand it the Marauder group is one of the larger groups outside of the Mustang crowd and the Carlisle people do the best they can. I'd actually prefer to be on the hill but at the top of it. We were about 3/4 way up this year which was a little bit lower than last year.:)

Bluerauder
06-03-2012, 01:50 PM
I'm happy on the hill. I think we have alot more flexibility in spaces and rows. This year we had more than enough parking and most people were able to park on a flat spot before the hill. Down on the flat area, parking is much tighter and sometimes not enough spaces to accomodate everyone. Just ask FreddieH and LadyHawke on their Mustang parking.

The walk down AND BACK UP from the porta-potties is not my favorite; but I'd still rather be on the hill. JMHO.

As far as getting recognized on the Carlisle shirts and plaques .... I think most of those are featured or anniversary cars. We can ask ...... PRE_REGISTRATION numbers are key to recognition. That is why we have stressed getting your registration early.

As to the voting and Class Numbers .... I'm not should how they screwed the pooch on that.

DOOM
06-03-2012, 01:54 PM
No bathrooms were up on the hill this year!!! :down:

jabird56
06-03-2012, 03:16 PM
I like the hill myself. It let's us see the entire complex, we're not in CRAMPED quarters like Freddie was with his STANG this weekend, and if it rains we have better drainage compared to have to deal with soup (depending on where they would put us on the FLAT. No doubt is wouldn't be a prime spot.

Blackened300a
06-03-2012, 04:00 PM
I asked Rick about not putting us on the hill. He explained that we are quite a large group and he simply has no place to really put us. We started out being stuck with 1969-up full size Lincoln mercury and even then we had a total of 15 cars within those years. We blew up with a consistant strong turnout that they gave us our class and had to work on putting us somewhere. Personally I like the hill. The breeze, view, and the massive parking area is all to our advantage. I will fight to have bathrooms accommodations closer to us next year.
As for the class, I constantly push for them to split the class. It seemed to me that every other car was a mustang on the field and they split us just to make more catagories. This is good for us except they never paid attention to who signed up for what class, this will also be addressed for 2013. They also never filled my order for four tables to be under the tent and I very much appreciate those who covered the table cost and have them set up when I got there. That will also be on my list of complaints. Val Stewart was my contact and she was very good at getting things in order. This was Ricks first time handling everything and I think he was a bit overwhelmed.

HammerDown
06-03-2012, 04:39 PM
I asked Rick about not putting us on the hill. He explained that we are quite a large group and he simply has no place to really put us. We started out being stuck with 1969-up full size Lincoln mercury and even then we had a total of 15 cars within those years. We blew up with a consistant strong turnout that they gave us our class and had to work on putting us somewhere. Personally I like the hill. The breeze, view, and the massive parking area is all to our advantage. I will fight to have bathrooms accommodations closer to us next year.
As for the class, I constantly push for them to split the class. It seemed to me that every other car was a mustang on the field and they split us just to make more catagories. This is good for us except they never paid attention to who signed up for what class, this will also be addressed for 2013. They also never filled my order for four tables to be under the tent and I very much appreciate those who covered the table cost and have them set up when I got there. That will also be on my list of complaints. Val Stewart was my contact and she was very good at getting things in order. This was Ricks first time handling everything and I think he was a bit overwhelmed.

Have to agree with the "Hill". It feels more spacious than down in the flat where cars seem squeezed together. Plus we have room to set up more canopies if we want. JMHO, also

DWSTANG67
06-03-2012, 05:33 PM
The only bad point with the hill was the walk up the hill. the view was great, the room we had was great, and with 41 marauders it was a good turnout. i seen alot of the mustang crowd did not have the room we had they were just crammed into areas.

had fun and was a great weekend !!!

Bigdogjim
06-03-2012, 07:37 PM
I can tell I am planning to be there next year all 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The "hill" at first was turnoff but after hanging out for a few hours I started to like it.

Hampton Inn next year for me, Charlie let me know when you book it.

Odinson
06-03-2012, 08:31 PM
I'll tell you one thing the boys sure liked rolling down it!

+1 for the hill.

Thanks for organizing things!

jabird56
06-04-2012, 03:03 AM
I can tell I am not planning to be there next year all 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The "hill" at first was turnoff but after hanging out for a few hours I started to like it.

Knowing Charlie, he's been booked since yesterday for next year.

Papillon
06-04-2012, 05:00 AM
MARAUDER MOUNTAIN (as Charlie coined it :D) FOR THE WIN!!!!

HammerDown
06-04-2012, 05:45 AM
I can tell I am not planning to be there next year all 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were at the Hampton Inn, also. I spoke with the clerk when checking out. she said they would be opening up reservations for next year in a few weeks. She said the dates for the show was June 7, 8, 9, 2013. (we can check the Carlisle website to verify this). I also asked her about a group rate, she said she would pass on to the hotel sales person. I will follow up with that in a week or so to see if they will do a reduced rate for us.

If anyone else interested, let me know so I could give them some numbers.........

Papillon
06-04-2012, 05:49 AM
We were at the Hampton Inn, also. I spoke with the clerk when checking out. she said they would be opening up reservations for next year in a few weeks. She said the dates for the show was June 7, 8, 9, 2013. (we can check the Carlisle website to verify this). I also asked her about a group rate, she said she would pass on to the hotel sales person. I will follow up with that in a week or so to see if they will do a reduced rate for us.

If anyone else interested, let me know so I could give them some numbers.........

I'M INTERESTED!!!! :wave: Paul & I agreed that we will NOT be staying at the Hotel Carlisle again :D

Haggis
06-04-2012, 06:35 AM

We would be interested, after the food poisoning episodes we heard about at the MV9 hotel.

Papillon
06-04-2012, 06:46 AM
We would be interested, after the food poisoning episodes we heard about at the MV9 hotel.

:eek: QUEEEEEE?!?!!! :eek:

Bigdogjim
06-04-2012, 06:59 AM
Great work for trying to get a group rate at the Hampton Inn.

Truth be told I doubt any rate because of volume that weekend. But hey it can't hurt to ask!

Thanks again for looking into to it and keep us posted.

Bluerauder
06-04-2012, 08:45 AM

I am in for the Hampton Inn again. But you already knew that. :D

HammerDown
06-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Great work for trying to get a group rate at the Hampton Inn.

Truth be told I doubt any rate because of volume that weekend. But hey it can't hurt to ask!

Thanks again for looking into to it and keep us posted.

I did inquire about group rate for this past weekend back in January and they wouldn't budge. But you never know if the hotel will relax their policy for that weekend next year. I'm going to try!!! It was "kinda" worth the extrra $$$ as it took us all of 8 minutes to drive to the showfield on Saturday morning. Maybe 10 mins on Sunday morning. For anyone that has stayed at Hamptons, they do put on a decent breakfast buffet. I'll keep ya'll informed.

Blackened300a
06-04-2012, 09:06 AM

:eek::eek::eek: That's no good.

RocsMerc
06-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Who had food poisoning? I stayed in that hotel with my friends. We loved the food there and the room was nice too. It was easily the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at for Carlisle. What happened? I was hoping to stay there again next year.

Ms. Denmark
06-04-2012, 09:14 AM
^^^ LOL To be fair, there is no confirmation that anyone had food poisoning. I talked with Justin today. No one else reported being ill. We did however wait a looooooog time for our food. I did complain about that issue. But I understand that most everyone had problems getting served quickly at Hotel Carlisle (Embers) and Hooters, too. If the Hampton can moderate its price we would be fine with staying there. As far as the drive to the showfield, we actually enjoyed the drive over from Harrisburg. Took us about 25 minutes in the rain. We would stay there again if the price were right.....but will definately eat elsewhere.

Ms. Denmark
06-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Who had food poisoning? I stayed in that hotel with my friends. We loved the food there and the room was nice too. It was easily the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at for Carlisle. What happened? I was hoping to stay there again next year.
Again, no one had food poisoning. One of our party got sick during dinner, unfortunately. Glad you were happy Rocco. Eric and I liked our room there too. I will be happy to make arrangements for some rooms for next year for anyone who might want to stay there again. Justin Bacon, the rooms manager was very apologetic about the issues with long waits in the Pub. Maybe they'll cut us a better deal....:)

RocsMerc
06-04-2012, 09:35 AM
We did however wait a looooooog time for our food. I did complain about that issue. But I understand that most everyone had problems getting served quickly at Hotel Carlisle (Embers) and Hooters, too.

LOL, that was you that complained? HAHA! I have to thank you then. A couple of my friends got to the hotel before me on Friday night and went down to eat dinner. Apparently they said they had a short wait to be seated because some women was complaining about the service. They were not even standing there that long, but the management started apologizing to them about the long wait to be seated after the women left. He gave them a stack of free breakfast coupons to make up for it. They told him that they weren't waiting long at all, but they got the coupons anyway. If that was you, then I ate free breakfast all weekend thanks to you. :beer:

Loco1234
06-04-2012, 10:31 AM
If we wanna get a better spot than the current location.... Then our club needs to get the indoor /outdoor garage building outside Gate 1. Thats the spot to be at... They rotate each year whom gets that place... I had an engine on display in there this year... (since I couldn't drive the car down due to a rocker arm breaking... The entire "Cammer club" had the building this year... (427 SOHC) 2 years ago it was the Merkur club & last year it was the Shelby club.

Haggis
06-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Again, no one had food poisoning. One of our party got sick during dinner, unfortunately. Glad you were happy Rocco. Eric and I liked our room there too. I will be happy to make arrangements for some rooms for next year for anyone who might want to stay there again. Justin Bacon, the rooms manager was very apologetic about the issues with long waits in the Pub. Maybe they'll cut us a better deal....:)

What about George's (P71) wife Paula and John and Mariann (vtwoodsman & wife), and I believe Ken & Debbie were not feeling to well after they ate there.

Bluerauder
06-04-2012, 11:16 AM
If we wanna get a better spot than the current location.... Then our club needs to get the indoor /outdoor garage building outside Gate 1. Thats the spot to be at....

I can't see how that spot would be a good location for us since it is so far off the beaten path. In the 5 years that I have been coming to Carlisle, I finally made it down to Gate 1 and the display down there in the old dealership building on Sunday morning before anyone else showed up in our location. That's one H3LL of a long walk and I ONLY went down there to check out Kirk's '63-64 S-55 Super Marauder.

Again, I see lots of advantages being "On the Hill". Seems we got alot of foot traffic there this year too. The climb back up the hill isn't TOO BAD. However, if they move the porta-potties 50 more feet, I may have to reconsider. ;)

Ms. Denmark
06-04-2012, 11:24 AM
What about George's (P71) wife Paula and John and Mariann (vtwoodsman & wife), and I believe Ken & Debbie were not feeling to well after they ate there. OK Gordon, there was an out break of tomaine poisoning. Feel better now?:D LOL

Blackened300a
06-04-2012, 11:27 AM
If we wanna get a better spot than the current location.... Then our club needs to get the indoor /outdoor garage building outside Gate 1. Thats the spot to be at... They rotate each year whom gets that place... I had an engine on display in there this year... (since I couldn't drive the car down due to a rocker arm breaking... The entire "Cammer club" had the building this year... (427 SOHC) 2 years ago it was the Merkur club & last year it was the Shelby club.

I believe that spot is called the "showroom" and you have to have a anniversary or something special to be given that spot. I don't think our 10yr anniversary would qualify us for 2013.

Bluerauder
06-04-2012, 11:27 AM
OK Gordon, there was an out break of tomaine poisoning. Feel better now?:D LOL

I thought it was "ptomaine". Silent "P". ;) More likely is Sam & Ella. :D

Haggis
06-04-2012, 11:32 AM
OK Gordon, there was an out break of tomaine poisoning. Feel better now?:D LOL

Who????????

Krytin
06-04-2012, 12:05 PM
I believe that spot is called the "showroom" and you have to have a anniversary or something special to be given that spot. I don't think our 10yr anniversary would qualify us for 2013.

You never know!
Who do I gotta b...
never mind. LOL

Ms. Denmark
06-04-2012, 12:07 PM
I think I'd rather stay up on Marauder Mountain.....lots of wide open spaces and a view.

vkirkend
06-04-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm with Charlie, I like the hill. I believe it is the premo spot in the fairground. and even I could make it up and down the hill.:)

I'm happy on the hill. I think we have alot more flexibility in spaces and rows. This year we had more than enough parking and most people were able to park on a flat spot before the hill. Down on the flat area, parking is much tighter and sometimes not enough spaces to accomodate everyone. Just ask FreddieH and LadyHawke on their Mustang parking.

The walk down AND BACK UP from the porta-potties is not my favorite; but I'd still rather be on the hill. JMHO.

As far as getting recognized on the Carlisle shirts and plaques .... I think most of those are featured or anniversary cars. We can ask ...... PRE_REGISTRATION numbers are key to recognition. That is why we have stressed getting your registration early.

As to the voting and Class Numbers .... I'm not should how they screwed the pooch on that.

Ken
06-04-2012, 01:07 PM
If the Hampton can moderate its price we would be fine with staying there. As far as the drive to the showfield, we actually enjoyed the drive over from Harrisburg. Took us about 25 minutes in the rain. How about the brand new Hampton Inn going up on the way back to Carlisle, shortly after we got on the highway in Harrisburg? The drive was not bad at all, I would rather be moving through the countryside than be in bumper to bumper traffic for the same amount of time. The rate more than made up for the extra gas used.

I don't think that I want to chance the MV9 hotel again, what a change since last October. Was a great experience then, this time...
Not so much..

We didn't get sick, but we did take something to calm our stomachs. Justin may not have been informed about the pool being closed down Friday night, because someone :puke: in it, found out just after I dipped my foot in the water. :puke:. A couple of us didn't have ice buckets. And Debbie had to dive out of the shower when the water got too hot. It kept fluctuating between hotter and colder without touching the faucet. We only got coupons for breakfast for one morning, not both. Which was OK, since service was even worse for breakfast, no clean tables, finally grabbed a seat at the bar, gave me a pitcher of coffee but no creamer or sugar, and I couldn't even find any half and half on any tables. Went out to lobby and grabbed some off the table by the front counter, since we couldn't get our waitress' attention. Did they drop the ball on the 10% discount in the pub? Hard to believe that we were at the same place.

Odinson
06-04-2012, 01:22 PM
How about the brand new Hampton Inn going up on the way back to Carlisle, shortly after we got on the highway in Harrisburg? The drive was not bad at all, I would rather be moving through the countryside than be in bumper to bumper traffic for the same amount of time. The rate more than made up for the extra gas used.

I don't think that I want to chance the MV9 hotel again, what a change since last October. Was a great experience then, this time...
Not so much..

We didn't get sick, but we did take something to calm our stomachs. Justin may not have been informed about the pool being closed down Friday night, because someone :puke: in it, found out just after I dipped my foot in the water. :puke:. A couple of us didn't have ice buckets. And Debbie had to dive out of the shower when the water got too hot. It kept fluctuating between hotter and colder without touching the faucet. We only got coupons for breakfast for one morning, not both. Which was OK, since service was even worse for breakfast, no clean tables, finally grabbed a seat at the bar, gave me a pitcher of coffee but no creamer or sugar, and I couldn't even find any half and half on any tables. Went out to lobby and grabbed some off the table by the front counter, since we couldn't get our waitress' attention. Did they drop the ball on the 10% discount in the pub? Hard to believe that we were at the same place.

LOL poor Sebastian was all decked out in his water wings, Thomas towel and flip flops only to be turned away due to puke.

He took it like a man.

Location was right between carlisle and hershey, but my wife and I are already negotiating a hotel much closer to Hershey so they have something to do when I disappear all day. :burnout:

Papillon
06-04-2012, 01:23 PM
How about the brand new Hampton Inn going up on the way back to Carlisle, shortly after we got on the highway in Harrisburg? The drive was not bad at all, I would rather be moving through the countryside than be in bumper to bumper traffic for the same amount of time. The rate more than made up for the extra gas used.

Not so much..

Wow Ken! :eek: VERY hard to believe it was the same place! I mean the pub service in October wasn't the best either but they were under new management at the time so we chalked it up to that.

Sad to hear this because it IS a very nice hotel and Justin is GREAT! I guess there's only so much he can do. What a shame.

Bluerauder
06-04-2012, 01:31 PM
And Debbie had to dive out of the shower when the water got too hot.

Pics or it didn't happen. ;) :rofl:

:tmi: or what???

Mr. Man
06-04-2012, 02:19 PM

Not so much..

Don't know why this happened as the showers are equipped with anti-scald valves.
Our room was fine but I did note only one bottle of O2 instead of two. The food P and I ate was fine and we didn't have any stomach problems but the service was to way to slow,even for me. We will eat elsewhere next year. As I understand it the area was just woefully understaffed no matter where you ate. How did the dinner go at the restaurant on Saturday night that many of you went to?
We had the same issue with people not getting coupons for breakfast at MV9 until we had a chat with Justin(manager) and he kicked some ass at the front desk people.

Blackened300a
06-04-2012, 02:27 PM
How did the dinner go at the restaurant on Saturday night that many of you went to?

Great, the best service of the weekend and the food was delicious. They were very prepared for us this year.

Ms. Denmark
06-04-2012, 02:35 PM

I saw that too! Just googled it and it's just off I81 at exit 69. They are opening this August. Might be worth checking to see if they would do a good group rate for us.

Papillon
06-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Great, the best service of the weekend and the food was delicious. They were very prepared for us this year.

Yep! Service was outstanding and fast (unlike last year). Food was great! We got a free comedy show with our dinner from our waitress :D and the staff loved the smoke & light show Doom & Paul put on after dinner!

Oh and that Rebel Red Charlie bought was UH-MAAAZING! Ordering a few bottles on line tonight! :beer: ;)

Ken
06-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Wow Ken! :eek: VERY hard to believe it was the same place! I mean the pub service in October wasn't the best either but they were under new management at the time so we chalked it up to that.

Sad to hear this because it IS a very nice hotel and Justin is GREAT! I guess there's only so much he can do. What a shame.Agreed, a very nice hotel. I don't think that I heard a single complaint in October.

Although, didn't stick my foot in the water.:D

guspech750
06-04-2012, 02:48 PM

I'd be interested. :burnout:

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Papillon
06-04-2012, 02:53 PM
I'd be interested. :burnout:

:woohoo:
New Carlisle blood!!

WhatsUpDOHC
06-04-2012, 05:14 PM
My bad.

I agree that the breeze and view were very nice.

Next year, I'll bring a sherpa to help me to the bathroom :)

Mark

Bluerauder
06-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Oh and that Rebel Red Charlie bought was UH-MAAAZING! Ordering a few bottles on line tonight! :beer: ;)

Dayum !!! The Hampton Inn had brochures for the Adam's County Winery that I meant to bring with me on Sunday morning. I must be suffering from the initial stages of C.R.A.F.T. ;)

Ms. Denmark
06-04-2012, 05:35 PM
My bad.

I agree that the breeze and view were very nice.

Next year, I'll bring a sherpa to help me to the bathroom :)

MarkI'd be happy to shuttle you down the mountain (and back up again) in a beautiful Silver Birch.....for a small fee.:D

Mr. Man
06-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Yep! Service was outstanding and fast (unlike last year). Food was great! We got a free comedy show with our dinner from our waitress :D and the staff loved the smoke & light show Doom & Paul put on after dinner!

Oh and that Rebel Red Charlie bought was UH-MAAAZING! Ordering a few bottles on line tonight! :beer: ;)Welch's grape juice tastes the same and is cheaper:P. Red wines should start with Cabernet :drink:

Papillon
06-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Welch's grape juice tastes the same and is cheaper:P. Red wines should start with Cabernet :drink:

Actually I prefer a nice Nebbiolo over Cabernet but that's just me :cool:.

And the RR was quite yummy and I will be ordering some!

Thanks again for sharing Charlie!!!! :beer:

Bluerauder
06-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Thanks again for sharing Charlie!!!! :beer:

"Muskatel for my lady's pleasure !!!" --- 10 points if you can tell me where that line comes from.

Mr. Man
06-04-2012, 09:09 PM
"Muskatel for my lady's pleasure !!!" --- 10 points if you can tell me where that line comes from.
Sounds like something Fred Sandford would say

jabird56
06-05-2012, 02:54 AM

Cary Grant in the Touch of Mink :D

Bluerauder
06-05-2012, 03:57 AM
Cary Grant in the Touch of Mink :D

Close but no cigar. The movie is right but not the actor who said it. :P

P71
06-05-2012, 08:12 AM
Paula and I had a great time, we enjoyed being parked at the top of the hill, it was not an inconvenience for us. We have very few complaints about the Best Western in Harrisburg, the service in the restaurant was slow and the food was "OK," we will be less likely eat at the hotel restaurant next time, unless they make a significant improvement in their service and quality of food. I am not opposed to going back to the Best Western next year, however if there is a "better deal" out there, we are up for it. I want to thank Paula, Connie and Charlie in advance for the research they will be conducting to find us a good place to stay next year, it would be nice if we were all able to stay at the same hotel.

Odinson
06-05-2012, 08:50 AM

Agreed! I thought I was in NY and spending a lot more money.

Maxx was so happy he cried when we left. :banana: I think he liked you folks. He poking Shermanator. Sorry.

That place was aces. :beer:

I think our waitress at the hotel was so happy with our tip Thursday night she went and got a manicure and pedicure. I think she was telling us about it on Friday. LOL.

HammerDown
06-05-2012, 09:57 AM

There is also a Hampton Inn in Mechanicsburg, 15 miles from fairgrounds. Veron (vkirkend) stayed there (did anyone else?). I'll call them, too, to see what they would offer. Veron, any problems with the hotel, and how was the drive back and forth?

I'm listening to all thoughts, opinions, and comments...................

NATEHAWK
06-05-2012, 12:32 PM
The hill was great...The breeze and view was very relaxing.....I really did enjoy myself...

DOOM
06-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Love the view and space up on the hill.

Haggis
06-06-2012, 04:37 AM
We need to have a sign made for next year, large enough for all of the showfield to see; "Marauder's King of the Hill".

NATEHAWK
06-06-2012, 04:56 AM
Marauder King of the Hill sounds perfect.

Ms. Denmark
06-06-2012, 04:59 AM
Marauder King of the Hill sounds perfect.
We can work on that!!

Papillon
06-06-2012, 05:50 AM
We need to have a sign made for next year, large enough for all of the showfield to see; "Marauder's King of the Hill".

Consider it done! I worked on the signs for Marauderville and can contact my Staples guy to print it on the boards.

Wooohoo! I'm excited about this! :beer:

Papillon
06-06-2012, 05:58 AM
We can work on that!!

Got excited & replied before seeing this :o

Hey... we can have 2 signs.... one on the bottom of the hill saying "Marauder Mountain this way" and another saying "Marauder - King of the Hill"!!!! :D

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

NATEHAWK
06-06-2012, 06:14 AM
Got excited & replied before seeing this :o

Hey... we can have 2 signs.... one on the bottom of the hill saying "Marauder Mountain this way" and another saying "Marauder - King of the Hill"!!!! :D

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Perfect! That can be out yearly trademark.

Haggis
06-06-2012, 06:27 AM
Consider it done! I worked on the signs for Marauderville and can contact my Staples guy to print it on the boards.

Wooohoo! I'm excited about this! :beer:

Remember it will have to be rain resistant and be able to stay up with some wind.

Papillon
06-06-2012, 06:31 AM
Remember it will have to be rain resistant and be able to stay up with some wind.

Yes. The MV9 signs were printed on a plastic poster board type material and came with the holders that we stuck in the grass.

Haggis
06-06-2012, 06:35 AM
Yes. The MV9 signs were printed on a plastic poster board type material and came with the holders that we stuck in the grass.

...and this is important.

Papillon
06-06-2012, 06:50 AM

...and this is important.

You're talkin banner sizes now buddy!

Haggis
06-06-2012, 06:57 AM
you're talkin banner sizes now buddy!

Yea Baby!!!!!

Bigdogjim
06-06-2012, 07:50 AM
You know with members like Derek, Eric, Doom myself and others who's going to dispute we (marauder owners) are "King of the Hill" :lol:

Bigdogjim
06-06-2012, 07:59 AM
Hey next years T-shirt could be....

"Marauder, King of the Carlise Hill"

Haggis
06-06-2012, 08:03 AM
Hey next years T-shirt could be....

"Marauder, King of the Carlise Hill"

I like it.

Papillon
06-06-2012, 08:05 AM
hey next years t-shirt could be....

"marauder, king of the carlise hill"

i like it.

love it!!!!!!!!!

Ken@Carlisle
09-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Really awesome to see you guys getting ready for Carlisle Ford Nationals in 2013!

Just stopping in to introduce myself as my name is Ken Appell and I am the new Events Manager for the Ford Nationals Show here at Carlisle Events. I have been attending Ford Nationals just as many of you for many years and understand the dedication put into showing a car here at the fairgrounds as a registered participant. Prior to my recent hiring here to all the way back in 2009 I had been organizing one of the winning larger Ford groups on the showfield too so I am quite aware on the club relations end from the participant/club point of view and want to do a better job at communicating such things as showfield and tent locations just to name a few.

If you guys and girls have any and I mean any feedback, comments, and concerns please feel free to email me. As well as organizing the tent info and registration numbers for 2013 I will be happy to communicate back and forth on that. So you guys have it, my email here is KenA@CarlisleEvents.com

I look forward to meeting many of you and stopping by your area at Carlisle Ford Nationals here in 2013!

Papillon
09-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Really awesome to see you guys getting ready for Carlisle Ford Nationals in 2013!

Just stopping in to introduce myself as my name is Ken Appell and I am the new Events Manager for the Ford Nationals Show here at Carlisle Events. I have been attending Ford Nationals just as many of you for many years and understand the dedication put into showing a car here at the fairgrounds as a registered participant. Prior to my recent hiring here to all the way back in 2009 I had been organizing one of the winning larger Ford groups on the showfield too so I am quite aware on the club relations end from the participant/club point of view and want to do a better job at communicating such things as showfield and tent locations just to name a few.

If you guys and girls have any and I mean any feedback, comments, and concerns please feel free to email me. As well as organizing the tent info and registration numbers for 2013 I will be happy to communicate back and forth on that. So you guys have it, my email here is KenA@CarlisleEvents.com

I look forward to meeting many of you and stopping by your area at Carlisle Ford Nationals here in 2013!

Welcome to the site Ken!!!

Blackened300a/Paul is your/our guy. He's the one that's been organizing our Carlisle participation for the past couple of years & bought our registration from a hand full of cars to well over 40+ with our own class the past couple of years. And this past year was a great year for us with Paul winning a Nifty Fifty Award and Sherman/Shermanator winning Celebrity Choice Award.

We look forward to and are already planning for Carlisle 2013!

:beer:

maineiac
09-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Ive been to Carslile before ,but its time to park the stang and get on the hill.

Ms. Denmark
09-11-2012, 04:10 PM
Ive been to Carslile before ,but its time to park the stang and get on the hill.
We're gonna hold to that, Rich! See you and your SB in June! :cool:

vkirkend
09-11-2012, 08:18 PM
I like the hill myself. It let's us see the entire complex, we're not in CRAMPED quarters like Freddie was with his STANG this weekend, and if it rains we have better drainage compared to have to deal with soup (depending on where they would put us on the FLAT. No doubt is wouldn't be a prime spot.

I'm with him, i like the hill!!!!!

Blackened300a
09-11-2012, 08:30 PM

Hey Ken, it's great to have you come by and check out our forum! Carlisle has grown to be one of our biggest meets of the year from only 6 marauders in 2007 to just under 50 for the last three years. The event has been a blast every year, Rick does a fantastic job coordinating the weekend and keeps us looking forward to coming back every June. Our only complaint is with things that are out of your control which is the weather that always seems to rain on a Friday or Saturday afternoon during the Ford show. It's also crazy how the temps could be almost 100* with high humidity one year and then be a comfortable 72* like this years event or just be a total wash like 2010 when the winds stated blowing tents around.

Around February I start making my calls and getting things organized. This year we had a bit of a issue, I always push the preregistration and tell members with Supercharged cars to select "modified" class and NA cars to go under stock class so this way we have the potential of putting six marauders on the parade if they split the class and it just makes it easier to separate us for voting. Well for the first time this year they split the class for us and supercharged cars ended up being in the stock class and vise versa reguardless how they registered.
Our other issue is that parking up on the hill has its advantages and disadvantages. Our members are older then some of the other clubs and it was difficult for some to make the trek down the hill to see all the attractions, because of this some members missed out on taking advantage of everything that was going on. It also made parking a hassle trying to hold the door from hitting the car next to you since we are parked on a 45* angle! I addressed this to Rick this year and he claimed that the size of our group dictates where we will be parked. Hopefully 2013 we can have a adjustment in location.

Other then that, Carlisle is a amazing show and we will continue coming out to be a part of the event!:beer:

Mr. Man
09-11-2012, 08:48 PM
I like the hill too. Perhaps we could be at the top of the hill where it's marginally more flat.

We park as we arrive and of course each of us wants to be on a flat area and not on the slope, so S/C and N/A get mixed up but it would be nice if the people who judge for Carlisle could be schooled in what a Supercharger looks like.;)

Ken@Carlisle
09-13-2012, 07:04 AM
Welcome to the site Ken!!!

Blackened300a/Paul is your/our guy. He's the one that's been organizing our Carlisle participation for the past couple of years & bought our registration from a hand full of cars to well over 40+ with our own class the past couple of years. And this past year was a great year for us with Paul winning a Nifty Fifty Award and Sherman/Shermanator winning Celebrity Choice Award.

We look forward to and are already planning for Carlisle 2013!

Thanks for the heads up, glad to see you guys growing just as many other clubs have been doing. Also glad to see your excitement for 2013, it's going to be a great year!

Hey Ken, it's great to have you come by and check out our forum! Carlisle has grown to be one of our biggest meets of the year from only 6 marauders in 2007 to just under 50 for the last three years. The event has been a blast every year, Rick does a fantastic job coordinating the weekend and keeps us looking forward to coming back every June. Our only complaint is with things that are out of your control which is the weather that always seems to rain on a Friday or Saturday afternoon during the Ford show. It's also crazy how the temps could be almost 100* with high humidity one year and then be a comfortable 72* like this years event or just be a total wash like 2010 when the winds stated blowing tents around.

Around February I start making my calls and getting things organized. This year we had a bit of a issue, I always push the preregistration and tell members with Supercharged cars to select "modified" class and NA cars to go under stock class so this way we have the potential of putting six marauders on the parade if they split the class and it just makes it easier to separate us for voting. Well for the first time this year they split the class for us and supercharged cars ended up being in the stock class and vise versa reguardless how they registered.
Our other issue is that parking up on the hill has its advantages and disadvantages. Our members are older then some of the other clubs and it was difficult for some to make the trek down the hill to see all the attractions, because of this some members missed out on taking advantage of everything that was going on. It also made parking a hassle trying to hold the door from hitting the car next to you since we are parked on a 45* angle! I addressed this to Rick this year and he claimed that the size of our group dictates where we will be parked. Hopefully 2013 we can have a adjustment in location.

Other then that, Carlisle is a amazing show and we will continue coming out to be a part of the event!:beer:

Great to see you leading the way on your club, I too come from one of the larger clubs at Ford Nationals (the Focus Rising crew) and understand what needs to be communicated and when. I plan on stopping in on forums and clubs to help make the communication a little bit better between the event and clubs.

I understand the class/club issue, trust me I've been there when I was a participant and that's one reason I'm getting the communication going between clubs such as yours so we don't have these things happen in the future. My former Focus Rising crew went from 24 in 2009 to 104 in 2011 so I know how classing and tents get a bit tricky when you are growing.

Same thing with the Hill, been there too on a 45 degree as a club too. Best suggestion I have on that is communicate with me on what works and what doesn't. A few clubs have been talking to me about this subject and I understand as I've been there. Just for some background, we begin to lay out the showfield classes come about a month out from the show once Gate-N-Go registration ends. We go off a number generated by current year class registration and a mix of historical data from years prior and if there was a special event such as an anniversary, invitational, etc... . So pre-registration prior to Gate-N-Go registration's closing date is key to having enough space and a space in a good spot for a large club. That includes making sure you select your club on the drop down menu when registering.

I like the hill too. Perhaps we could be at the top of the hill where it's marginally more flat.

We park as we arrive and of course each of us wants to be on a flat area and not on the slope, so S/C and N/A get mixed up but it would be nice if the people who judge for Carlisle could be schooled in what a Supercharger looks like.;)

Not a problem on the hill, glad to see some folks liking the hill. I know it's not the traditional center field where mustangs park but when you have 1,500 Mustangs registered there is only a place or two you can park that many and still retain the "branding" of the models.

As I said, great to see your club's passion on 2013 here at Carlisle. I will definitely stop back in as much as I can but please don't hesitate to email me at KenA@CarlisleEvents.com, I am open to suggestions and comments, I am here to help you guys have a great 2013 at Ford Nationals!

maineiac
09-19-2012, 02:02 PM
You know what they say sh-t flows down hill thats why we should be on the top.

vkirkend
09-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Booked at Hampton Inn today!

Haggis
09-19-2012, 03:18 PM
I like the hill, but we need some port-a-johns up there.

WhatsUpDOHC
09-19-2012, 04:21 PM
I like the hill, but we need some port-a-johns up there.

^++++++++1+++++++++^

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ImpalaSlayer
09-19-2012, 04:48 PM
im gona try like hell to be up there with you guys with my truck

Ken@Carlisle
12-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Just popping by again guys to let you know about the Holiday Sale so you can save some money:

http://www.carlisleevents.com/images/enews/2012_Holiday_450.jpg
Holiday Sale Offered December 14-January 2
Get Great Savings off the 2013 Events Schedule

Carlisle Events is excited to announce its annual Holiday Sale. Beginning Friday, December 14, 2012 and running until 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, January 2, 2013, you can snag savings of 20% off either season passes or showfield registrations. Because of the special reasons you, our special guests come to Carlisle, we make this offer as a way to “thank you." The nearly three-week special allows those wishing to come to Carlisle as either an enthusiast or participant to save money off the already discounted rates. Discounts will be applied to anyone wishing to purchase passes for 2013 and there is no limit on the amount of passes you can buy.
With 13 Pennsylvania-based events, a season pass is the best way to experience all that Carlisle Events has to offer. The on-sale price for this pass will be $63.95, a 20% savings off the already low rate of $79.95. This breaks down to just over $5 per event for the entire year. Passes are applicable for all Pennsylvania-based events, including the Bloomsburg Nationals, Allentown Auto Mania and Carlisle's newest event, the Carlisle Sports and Outdoor Nationals, as well as our two Zephyrhills, Florida events. No matter when a pass is purchased, it's already a great deal, but with the holiday sale, savings are even better.
In addition to a 20% limited time savings for season passes, showfield/funfield registrations are also available. Right now, registrations are available at a 10% savings through about one month prior to an event via Gate-N-Go; however, for a limited time, registrations will see an additional 10% discount, providing for a total of 20% in savings through the end of the sale.
Overall, taking advantage of the 2012 Carlisle Events Holiday Sale is a tremendous way to save time and money in front of the upcoming event season. Anyone interested in grabbing a discounted pass on time to stuff into a Christmas stocking may call 717-243-7855 through 5 p.m. on December 21. Otherwise, with the business office closed for the week between Christmas and New Year's, enthusiasts may securely purchase passes online.

jsignorelli
12-08-2012, 03:12 PM
My Mustang Club and my Shelby club usually gets the flat areas. I prefer the Marauder hill. I have been at Carlisle when the monsoons came. The hill is above the floods.

Ladyhawke
12-31-2012, 05:48 PM
Took advantage of the Holiday Sale 20% discount this evening and registered all three cars (# 26198). I didn't see a multi car discount, maybe that will appear after the holidays.

Red91LX
12-31-2012, 11:14 PM
Took advantage of the Holiday Sale 20% discount this evening and registered all three cars (# 26198). I didn't see a multi car discount, maybe that will appear after the holidays.

Online Holiday sale ends January 2nd...I'm registering later today.

Comin' in Hot
12-31-2012, 11:27 PM
just registered #26206

Bigdogjim
01-01-2013, 12:21 AM
Maybe? just can't make up my mind.................

jimbok1951
01-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Just registered got the Holiday Special # 26217. See ya there. Happy New Year

HammerDown
01-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Hi!!!!

Just registered the two "kids" for Carlisle (#26224)

HammerDown (DTR)
Fordfrk (SB)

On the hotel note--I spoke with Hampton Carlisle sales. They will NOT give a group rate. I am going to give a call to the Hampton in Mechanicsburg (this is halfway between Harrisburg & Carlisle). See if they can offer a group rate. If anyone interested, post up so I have a tentative number to give them.

Connie

jimbok1951
01-01-2013, 05:06 PM
http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/US/PA/Harrisburg-hotels/BEST-WESTERN-PREMIER-The-Central-Hotel---Conference-Center/Hotel-Overview.do?propertyCode=39125

Connie,

Just booked best western where we stayed before @ $98 a night, nice rooms, say Marauders@Carisle to get the rate, usually $129. Includes breakfast which was awsome. let me know, can always change, would be good closer to the fairgrounds. Where is everybody else staying ? Post it up with rates & how far from fairgrounds.

Jimbook1951

Mr. Man
01-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Paula made arrangements for a group discount here.

BEST WESTERN PREMIER
The Central Hotel & Conference Center
800 East Park Drive
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA 17111
Tel: 717-561-2800
Fax:717- 561-8398

Just go to www.thecentralhotelharrisburg. com (http://www.thecentralhotelharrisburg. com/) and click on the reservations tab and follow the steps to book your reservations. Where the box for group code is, enter the below code and it will bring up our negotiated rate.
The Marauders @ Carlisle Group Code– MVILLE061

jimbok1951
01-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Yes I know, great job, nice place, awsome breakfast, thanks Paula.

Ladyhawke
01-01-2013, 05:24 PM

Let's keep the registrations going. There is still time to save an extra 10% by registering before the end of tomorrow, Wednesday January 2nd.

Ladyhawke (# 26198)
Haggis (# 26198)
Comin' In Hot (#26206)
jimbok1951 (# 26217)
HammerDown (#26224)
Fordfrk (#26224)

Red91LX, don't forget to register tonight!

:banana:

Bigdogjim
01-01-2013, 05:42 PM
OK I will register by end of day tomorrow 1/2/13:)

Bluerauder
01-01-2013, 06:04 PM

Let's keep the registrations going. There is still time to save an extra 10% by registering before the end of tomorrow, Wednesday January 2nd.

Ladyhawke (# 26198)
Haggis (# 26198)
Comin' In Hot (#26206)
jimbok1951 (# 26217)
HammerDown (#26224)
Fordfrd (#26224)

OK, add me to the list #26240. I am also booked for Friday and Saturday night at the Hampton Inn & Suites, Carlisle.

$11.00 (20%) off on the early bird Holiday Discount. Showfield Prices are higher this year so you may wish to take advantage of the discount deal while you can.

Mr. Man
01-01-2013, 07:29 PM
Hi!!!!

Just registered the two "kids" for Carlisle (#26224)

HammerDown (DTR)
Fordfrd (SB)

On the hotel note--I spoke with Hampton Carlisle sales. They will NOT give a group rate. I am going to give a call to the Hampton in Mechanicsburg (this is halfway between Harrisburg & Carlisle). See if they can offer a group rate. If anyone interested, post up so I have a tentative number to give them.

Connie
FordFred? :dunno: :fishslap: :P

Ladyhawke
01-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Updated list. One day to go on the holiday discount.

Ladyhawke (# 26198)
Haggis (# 26198)
Comin' In Hot (#26206)
jimbok1951 (# 26217)
HammerDown (#26224)
Fordfrk (#26224)
Bluerauder (#26240)

Red91LX - TBD
Bigdogjim - TBD

HammerDown
01-01-2013, 08:25 PM
FordFred? :dunno: :fishslap: :P

okay, okay, the trigger finger got away from me--I corrected my post:o

And Eric/Paula--not trying to take anything away from your efforts with the Central hotel--just exploring another closer option to the fairgrounds for those who may be traffic haters like myself. For those that don't mind the bit longer drive, the Central Hotel is a great choice!!!

Comin' in Hot
01-01-2013, 08:31 PM
okay, okay, the trigger finger got away from me--I corrected my post:o

And Eric/Paula--not trying to take anything away from your efforts with the Central hotel--just exploring another closer option to the fairgrounds for those who may be traffic haters like myself. For those that don't mind the bit longer drive, the Central Hotel is a great choice!!!

if you drive in the back way there is like zero traffic, last year I waited a total of 3 minutes before I pulled in to the faigrounds

05crownsport
01-01-2013, 08:45 PM
I'll be getting on this toot sweet!

Odinson
01-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the discount! Just signed up. 201, modified. :)

Oh and I'm down for a 3x of 'King of the Hill' shirt! (went up a shirt size this summer, eek.)

Bluerauder
01-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the discount! Just signed up. 201, modified. :)

So what is your registration number?? :rolleyes:

Odinson
01-02-2013, 03:48 PM
26312 @ about 5:30pm

Or do you mean this number,2013-027?

Ladyhawke
01-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Thanks Odinson!

Last day to register to get the extra 10% holiday discount!

You have until 11:59 PM tonight!!!

Ladyhawke (#26198)
Haggis (#26198)
Comin' In Hot (#26206)
jimbok1951 (# 26217)
HammerDown (#26224)
Fordfrk (#26224)
Bluerauder (#26240)
Odinson (#26312)

Red91LX - TBD
Bigdogjim - TBD
05crownsport - TBD

Mebot
01-02-2013, 07:46 PM
:)

Sent from my handheld Zack Morris iShoe 4S.

Ladyhawke
01-02-2013, 08:01 PM

Just under 2 hours left to save $5.50. Every little bit helps!

Ladyhawke (#26198)
Haggis (#26198)
Comin' In Hot (#26206)
jimbok1951 (# 26217)
HammerDown (#26224)
Fordfrk (#26224)
Bluerauder (#26240)
Odinson (#26312)
Mebot (#26361)

Red91LX - TBD
Bigdogjim - TBD
05crownsport - TBD

Bigdogjim
01-02-2013, 08:27 PM

Just under 2 hours left to save $5.50. Every little bit helps!

Ladyhawke (#26198)
Haggis (#26198)
Comin' In Hot (#26206)
jimbok1951 (# 26217)
HammerDown (#26224)
Fordfrk (#26224)
Bluerauder (#26240)
Odinson (#26312)
Mebot (#26361)

Red91LX - TBD
Bigdogjim - TBD
05crownsport - TBD
You save $11.00:0 I am in #26371, yeah!

Ladyhawke
01-02-2013, 09:17 PM

The holiday discount that ends in less than an hour is 10% so $5.50.

After today, you can still get the pre-registration discount of 10%.

So you are correct, a total of $11 bucks!

Ladyhawke (#26198)
Haggis (#26198)
Comin' In Hot (#26206)
jimbok1951 (# 26217)
HammerDown (#26224)
Fordfrk (#26224)
Bluerauder (#26240)
Odinson (#26312)
Mebot (#26361)
Bigdogjim - (#26371)

Red91LX - TBD
05crownsport - TBD

Bigdogjim
01-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Well anyway I am in!! I plan to stay some where in the area:)

Red91LX
01-02-2013, 11:09 PM

Didn't forget...Reg. #26384. Can't wait 'til June!

J-MAN
01-03-2013, 07:12 AM
If there are high temps that trip up and down the hill is too much for me. I wonder if I could register as a modified mustang? After all our engine is the 03-04 Mach 1. :)

Bigdogjim
01-03-2013, 09:20 AM
I just booked the Hampton Inn on Harrisburg Pike for 2 nights:up: I can always change my mind and book elsewhere:) I know the room will not sit empty for long....

So now I am set (so to speak) for the biggest marauder event of the year.

Bigdogjim
01-03-2013, 09:21 AM
26312 @ about 5:30pm

Or do you mean this number,2013-027?
That is the event code discout number.

26312 is the registration #.

Ladyhawke
01-03-2013, 05:00 PM

Anyone else already registered?

Ladyhawke (#26198)
Haggis (#26198)
Comin' In Hot (#26206)
jimbok1951 (# 26217)
HammerDown (#26224)
Fordfrk (#26224)
Bluerauder (#26240)
Odinson (#26312)
Mebot (#26361)
Bigdogjim - (#26371)
Red91LX - (#26384)

05crownsport - TBD

jsignorelli
01-03-2013, 09:43 PM
I have sat in a swamp on a rainy weekend. It was still a swamp after a rainy pre-show storm. I have been going to Carlisle since 1997 with my Mustangs. I much prefer the hill area they give our Marauder group. The view is great. It is never Hot, and the dry ground is much appreciated. If you are asking for votes, I vote the hill.

Anyone who really wants the swamp (Ehhh... I mean the flat area) can sit with either my 1993 Modified Mustang or my 1970 Boss 302.

WhatsUpDOHC
01-04-2013, 01:33 AM
.....can sit with my 1970 Boss 302.
Can I have the keys? ;):D

Bluerauder
01-04-2013, 04:33 AM
Yep, the Hill is best.

Haggis
01-04-2013, 05:25 AM
Marauder Hill. (FTW)

Bigdogjim
01-04-2013, 07:21 AM
Marauder's ....King of the Carlsie Hill.....Nuff said:)

HammerDown
01-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Hi Everyone,

I called the Hampton Inn Harrisburg West (4950 Ritter Rd); this is 15 miles from showfield. They do not have any group rates. The price I saw on line is $133.00 includes AAA discount; they will take a 1-night reservation. The Hampton Inn Carlisle will not give group rate OR the AAA discount AND they require two-night minimum. As of now the price was $179/night.

So if the Central Hotel in Harrisburg works for you, that is the best deal.

(Carlisle Hotels sure know how to take advantage of this big weekend:rolleyes:)

Mebot
01-05-2013, 03:45 AM
$179 a night! :eek:

I'm sleeping in my car then! lol

Mr. Man
01-05-2013, 07:50 AM
Hi Everyone,

I called the Hampton Inn Harrisburg West (4950 Ritter Rd); this is 15 miles from showfield. They do not have any group rates. The price I saw on line is $133.00 includes AAA discount; they will take a 1-night reservation. The Hampton Inn Carlisle will not give group rate OR the AAA discount AND they require two-night minimum. As of now the price was $179/night.

So if the Central Hotel in Harrisburg works for you, that is the best deal.

(Carlisle Hotels sure know how to take advantage of this big weekend:rolleyes:)The Central Hotel is about 5-6 miles further and not a bad ride at all to the Showfield. Virtually no traffic.

Paula and her mom stayed at the newest Hampton in Harrisburg a few weeks ago. Said it was nice but the parking area was small for a group. The AAA rate was about $130/nite.

HammerDown
01-05-2013, 01:55 PM
$179 a night! :eek:

I'm sleeping in my car then! lol

I forgot to mention that there are many other hotels along Route 11 Harrisburg Pike that anyone can check for pricing. There's also the Hotel Carlisle that several members stay at. I had made my reservation at the Hampton Carlisle just to have the room, but pretty sure we are going to change and go somewhere else more affordable.

Bigdogjim
01-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Problem is thye can seel all the rooms that weekend with no problem. They (all Hotels inthe area) have no reason to give a group rate on any Carlsie Weekend. The Hampton Inn on Harrisburg Pike is $$$189. per night!

jsignorelli
01-05-2013, 09:06 PM
The Comfort Suites in downtown Carlisle, (on Hanover St) had a rate of $ 156 per night when I booked it last September.

They have an enclosed parking garage and are 1 mile from the show field.

Mebot
01-05-2013, 11:00 PM
I forgot to mention that there are many other hotels along Route 11 Harrisburg Pike that anyone can check for pricing. There's also the Hotel Carlisle that several members stay at. I had made my reservation at the Hampton Carlisle just to have the room, but pretty sure we are going to change and go somewhere else more affordable.

oh I was just being dramatic. I liked the hotel I stayed in last year with Haggis, jabird, ladyhawke & freddieh. as long as I'm staying with the cool crowd I'm fine.

I'm a hilton honors & starwood preferred guest so I can also take advantage of points & discounts (if applicable)

Bluerauder
01-06-2013, 06:20 AM
For any of the new members or folks who are on the fence about attending Carlisle "All Ford" Nationals at Carlisle, PA this year 7-9 June 2013,
here are some pics from last year's 2012 event >>>>> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80040

Had a great turnout of Marauders today !! .... and the weather was nearly perfect. I'd estimate that we had about 100 people on site for the days activities. Lots of foot traffic and great visibility for the MM.Net gang. :up:

Total Count = 41 MMs

22 Black (JPB)
10 Silver Birch (SB)
5 Dark Toreador Red (DTR)
4 Dark Blue Pearl (DBP)

4 Mustangs (Ladyhawke, FreddieH, Sparta Performance, Fubar1217)
1 Qvale Mangusta (Loco1234)

And a testimonial .....

I just wanted to say that my friend and I were completely blown away by the turnout you guys had for this event. My friend was put in charge of the CVN gathering for Carlisle and no one except for myself and a few others really committed to the event. Congrats for the awesome turnout and for representing the Panther in all it's glory!

Mebot
01-06-2013, 07:29 AM
brad33 said he might be going!

Brad33
01-06-2013, 01:32 PM
brad33 said he might be going!

Thanks for calling me out Ryan :)

Registered. Not sure if I'm coming up for more then a day, so I haven't booked a hotel.

Bluerauder
01-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Don't forget to VOTE in the Poll here to indicate your attendance >>>>>

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=84410

Mebot
01-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Thanks for calling me out Ryan :)

Registered. Not sure if I'm coming up for more then a day, so I haven't booked a hotel.

great! we'll caravan up :)

Mebot
01-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Great not only am I double booked for the Louisville regional meet, looks like I jumped the gun on Carlisle too. Just realized i have something going on Saturday June 8.

Doggone it

Bluerauder
01-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Just realized i have something going on Saturday June 8.

Whatever it is, it must not be as fun or as important as Carlisle. ;) Remember that your first instinct is usually the correct one.

Mebot
01-10-2013, 10:46 AM
I bought tickets for Rock of Ages at Wolf Trap. Got lawn seats for me, my parents, my sister and my wife. Wolf Trap is the only venue you can bring in your own food and drink. we always try to make it to one wolf trap show every summer.

My instinct is I want to do both! I don't know. It wouldnt be so bad if it was just Michelle and I going because I would just sell my tickets. but my whole family is going. I don't want to ditch them to come to Carlisle!

arrgh

i have 6 months to figure somehting out! don't worry

Ladyhawke
01-10-2013, 04:26 PM
I bought tickets for Rock of Ages at Wolf Trap. Got lawn seats for me, my parents, my sister and my wife. Wolf Trap is the only venue you can bring in your own food and drink. we always try to make it to one wolf trap show every summer.

My instinct is I want to do both! I don't know. It wouldnt be so bad if it was just Michelle and I going because I would just sell my tickets. but my whole family is going. I don't want to ditch them to come to Carlisle!

arrgh

i have 6 months to figure somehting out! don't worry

NOooooooo!!!!! We need your help again driving cars.

Mebot
01-10-2013, 05:31 PM
don't worry, I'll think of something

Gryphonzus
01-10-2013, 05:42 PM
I am seriously thinking of coming to Carlisle this year. If so then I can celebrate my Birthday there.:banana2:

FreddieH
01-11-2013, 07:48 AM
Any Hotel info yet.

Ms. Denmark
01-11-2013, 01:45 PM
I have a block of rooms reserved at The Central Hotel for Carlisle. See the hotel thread for more info. Rate in under $100/nite includes breakfast.

Bigdogjim
01-11-2013, 05:56 PM
I have a block of rooms reserved at The Central Hotel for Carlisle. See the hotel thread for more info. Rate in under $100/nite includes breakfast.
After booking at the Hampton Inn on Harrisgurg Pike at $$$189.00 a night I might switch to Central Hotel. I really liked it at MV-IX :up: