PDA

View Full Version : Got Larry?

WhatsUpDOHC
06-03-2012, 08:01 AM
Did anyone get the gentleman (Larry) from Long Island's phone number yesterday?

I couldn't find him when I left.

He has a number of contacts and is a distributor/vendor of Royal Purple oil and has been around the automotive industry for years.

In addition, he said that he knows of a good modular Ford shop (with Dyno) on Long Island.

In addition, I want him to talk my friend out of a newer T-Bird and into a Marauder.

Mark

Ms. Denmark
06-03-2012, 09:20 AM
We spotted Larry parked with "Large 4 Door Mercurys" just down the hill from us when we pulled in early Friday morning and invited him to join us. Unfortunately, Mark, we did not get a contact number, but Eric gave him a mm.net card and told him it was mandatory that he join up.

Mr. Man
06-03-2012, 04:41 PM
I spoke with him for awhile on Friday. Gave him a get out of jail card so I hope he decides to join the MM.net community.

RocsMerc
06-04-2012, 08:54 AM
In addition, he said that he knows of a good modular Ford shop (with Dyno) on Long Island.

REALLY?!?! There's a reputable shop that will dyno tune our cars on Long Island? That's major news to me as I've been trying to figure out how I will get my car through the 2 hour drive to New Jersey to be tuned after installing my supercharger. I've heard way too many horror stories about Real Speed; and Mustang Magic, which is 5 minutes from my house, refuses to touch my engine because it's not a mustang. I tried telling them that it's the same as a Mach 1 mustang, but they didn't want to hear it. I was seriously starting to think there was no way for me to self install it because of this.

Blackened300a
06-04-2012, 10:57 AM
REALLY?!?! There's a reputable shop that will dyno tune our cars on Long Island? That's major news to me as I've been trying to figure out how I will get my car through the 2 hour drive to New Jersey to be tuned after installing my supercharger. I've heard way too many horror stories about Real Speed; and Mustang Magic, which is 5 minutes from my house, refuses to touch my engine because it's not a mustang. I tried telling them that it's the same as a Mach 1 mustang, but they didn't want to hear it. I was seriously starting to think there was no way for me to self install it because of this.

Since Powersurge performance left I been stuck having to travel to JDM in NJ since there is no way I'm letting Realspeed blow up my engine. Im interested in this tuner as well.

Quasar3210
06-07-2012, 02:35 AM
There is a Larry on CVN from Long island. I don't know if its the same guy or not. What was he driving?

Ms. Denmark
06-07-2012, 02:36 AM
There is a Larry on CVN from Long island. I don't know if its the same guy or not. What was he driving?
....A black Marauder

Quasar3210
06-07-2012, 03:08 AM
Ok. I figured it would be a long shot. The one Im thinking of has a real nice Gray Grand Marquis and has a ton of Automotive background. Unless he got a new car and didn't tell anybody yet. LOL

Ms. Denmark
06-07-2012, 04:44 AM
Ok. I figured it would be a long shot. The one Im thinking of has a real nice Gray Grand Marquis and has a ton of Automotive background. Unless he got a new car and didn't tell anybody yet. LOL This is his...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29 427&d=1338739212 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29 427&d=1338739212)

Papillon
06-07-2012, 06:07 AM
Ok. I figured it would be a long shot. The one Im thinking of has a real nice Gray Grand Marquis and has a ton of Automotive background. Unless he got a new car and didn't tell anybody yet. LOL

IIRC.... From the brief conversation I had with him, the Marauder was his friends car who was supposed to come to Carlisle but couldn't make it so he bought it for him.

Quasar3210
06-10-2012, 06:38 PM
IIRC.... From the brief conversation I had with him, the Marauder was his friends car who was supposed to come to Carlisle but couldn't make it so he bought it for him.

Sorry, I forgot about this. Seeing this makes it possible so I shot Larry on CVN a PM. I'll let ya guys know what I find out.

Quasar3210
06-13-2012, 02:22 AM
LOL, well it wasn't who I was thinking it was. Sorry for the false alarm guys.

Ms. Denmark
06-13-2012, 02:27 AM
I guess Larry blew us off.....:dunno: :confused: