PDA

View Full Version : Info for 3rd Annual New Hampshire Meet Aug. 16-19 2012

Mr. Man
06-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Hotel and registration info for the NHMS Car Show and meet, August 16-19 2012

We will be staying at the Hampton Inn in Concord/Bow this year.

http://www.hamptoninnconcord.com/

To reserve your room: Click on Groups & Meetings

Type in Dates for your stay August 16 2012 -August 19 2012

Type MMC in the GROUP CODE box and it should take you to the pick a room type page with 92.00 a night prices. Fill in your info as requested.

Don't forget to collect your Hilton Honours points if you are in the club!

Rate will be $92.00 per night + taxes and fees

Reservations can also be made by calling the hotel directly (603-224-5322). Tell the operator you are with the Mercury Marauder Club, group code MMC. Using the national Hampton Inn phone number or web site will get you nowhere, use the local options.

The Itinerary

Friday we have planned a scenic car cruise around Lake Winnipesaukee with stops at the Castle in the Clouds for lunch and a tour of the Mansion and Gardens. Next comes the Wright Military Museum in Wolfeboro to see their collection of military history. We will complete the loop around the lake and return to Concord in time for dinner.
Dinner will be on your own but depending on the size of our crowd we can group think and go somewhere as a group.

http://www.castleintheclouds.org/

http://www.wrightmuseum.org/

Saturday is the main event! We will participate in the Classic and Custom Car Show held at the New Hampshire International Speedway NASCAR track. If you have been to the meet in the past you should have gotten a registration flier in the mail already. Simply complete it and send it back. Be sure to state you are with Mercury Marauder.net Car Club on the form under Special Parking. We will NOT be registering with the Muscle Car group this year. Last year this section was dominated by Chevelles and this year it looks like they didn't break out Camaros either. Our best bet is Ford 1972-up which is class 9. Class 1 is All Stock and this could be a possibility as well if you have 0 mods. Trophies are awarded 1st thru 3rd in each class.

There will be a chance to do parade laps on the track and we will look into after car show laps (paced) like we have done in the past. Not sure if track will be set up for oval or road course driving yet, we will update when more info is available.

Car show is $25.00 and is for both days.

http://www.nhms.com/schedule/major/classic_and_custom_car_show/

If you don't have to rush home Sunday the car show is peer judged and trophies will be awarded both days.

Sunday is breakfast at the hotel and goodbyes and if you don't need to rush home the car show at the NHIS.

This is the proposed itinerary and may be tweaked here and there but we don't foresee any major changes. Paula and I always enjoy planning this meet in beautiful New Hampshire and we hope you'll be able to join us!

Call or PM us for any questions.

Ms. Denmark
06-04-2012, 12:46 PM
If you need a registration form for the Classic and Custom Car Show on Saturday at the Speedway in Loudon, please call or PM Mr. Man or me and we can mail one to you. You can also call the NHIS directly and request the form.

DWSTANG67
06-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Sounds like a fun meet if i can get off from work i will go

Ms. Denmark
06-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Would be great if you can make it Dean. Let me know and we'll send you the Car Show registration form.

Bluerauder
06-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Hotel and registration info for the NHMS Car Show and meet, August 16-19 2012

I really want to do this sometime; but it is unlikely that I can swing both New Hampshire and Marauderville X (MV10) on top of a week at the Ocean within that short time period between 29 July and 16 September. Crap !!!

Mr. Man
06-05-2012, 01:58 PM
:bump::bump:

Ms. Denmark
06-09-2012, 05:13 AM
I really want to do this sometime; but it is unlikely that I can swing both New Hampshire and Marauderville X (MV10) on top of a week at the Ocean within that short time period between 29 July and 16 September. Crap !!!
We'll get you next time, Charlie ;) We have SB, Black and DTR but we need a Blue! (or two) at the car Show. They give out REAL nice trophys! :coolman:

cragantler
06-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Can we show up in a 2004 P-73 Crown Vic ???:banana2::bows:
It is mildly modded.
We're only in Kittery ME, so it is a short hop to Loudon for us.

Ms. Denmark
06-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Can we show up in a 2004 P-73 Crown Vic ???:banana2::bows:
It is mildly modded.
We're only in Kittery ME, so it is a short hop to Loudon for us.
We would be happy to have you! Can you come for both days? (Fri & Sat.) Let us know your plans.

Ms. Denmark
06-12-2012, 05:55 AM
Bumping....

Ms. Denmark
06-16-2012, 06:14 AM
Mr. Man and I mailed in our Car Show registration form today. Hope some of you North East or even CAM members will bring your cars out to this event. Marauders have gotten quite a bit of attention the past 2 years and last year one of them took home a trophy! Also, the NASCAR track at Loudon is worth taking a ride on. Let me know if you have questions about the event, registration, or hotel arrangements. See post #1 for the itinerary. The hotel is arranging segregated parking for Marauders (and any other vehicles in our group). Everyone is welcome to join us for one, two or three days of this meet. Hope you can make it!