PDA

View Full Version : A Big THANK YOU to Blackened300a

Bluerauder
06-04-2012, 03:53 AM
I just wanted to extend my personal THANKS to Paul (Blackened300a) for being the motivator, coordinator, organizer and the MAN behind all of the fantastic activities at Carlisle this year. :2thumbs: Without his efforts and investments, this event would not have grown to the large and recognizable Marauder Event that it has become over the past 5-6 years.

The 2012 Carlisle "All Ford Nationals" was my 5th year of attending and the turnout for this year's event was Outstanding. There were 41 MMs represented ON THE HILL and nearly 100 owners, friends, family and enthusiasts on hand to showcase the 2003-2004 Marauder. The Carlisle Event Staff is definitely sitting up and taking notice.

Our location on the hill (Marauder Mountain) is visible from every spot on the Carlisle Fairgrounds and an excellent photo opportunity from anywhere down on the "flat".

Paul puts in A LOT of personal time, effort and cash to make this one of the best events throughout the year. T-Shirts, Dash Plaques, Trophies, Grills, Tent and Tables .... the whole ShaBang. Something this nice and THIS BIG just doesn't happen on its own.

If you had a GOOD/GREAT TIME at Carlisle this weekend .... Thank Paul. Without him, it just wouldn't happen at the level it has become. There was representation from MD, DE, VA, NJ, PA, NY, VT, MA, OH, KY, GA this weekend and maybe more that I missed. This event has grown to National proportions even though it has traditionally been classified as a Regional event.

Also a Big Thanks to everyone who brought something to share at the event --- there was Food, drinks, and Pot Luck everything in abundance for the Saturday MM B-B-Q. And to all the folks who stepped forward to do the cooking, the serving and the clean-up after all was said and done.

THANKS PAUL !!!

Davesvt2000
06-04-2012, 04:03 AM
Yes, another big Thanks to Paul and all involved in this years event.

I picked up my shirts, love the simple clean design this year.

And even though I didnt have my MM, I was still welcomed at the BBQ.

Thanks again !!!

Dave

Comin' in Hot
06-04-2012, 05:11 AM
I just wanted to extend my personal THANKS to Paul (Blackened300a) for being the motivator, coordinator, organizer and the MAN behind all of the fantastic activities at Carlisle this year. :2thumbs: Without his efforts and investments, this event would not have grown to the large and recognizable Marauder Event that it has become over the past 5-6 years.

The 2012 Carlisle "All Ford Nationals" was my 5th year of attending and the turnout for this year's event was Outstanding. There were 41 MMs represented ON THE HILL and nearly 100 owners, friends, family and enthusiasts on hand to showcase the 2003-2004 Marauder. The Carlisle Event Staff is definitely sitting up and taking notice.

Our location on the hill (Marauder Mountain) is visible from every spot on the Carlisle Fairgrounds and an excellent photo opportunity from anywhere down on the "flat".

Paul puts in A LOT of personal time, effort and cash to make this one of the best events throughout the year. T-Shirts, Dash Plaques, Trophies, Grills, Tent and Tables .... the whole ShaBang. Something this nice and THIS BIG just doesn't happen on its own.

If you had a GOOD/GREAT TIME at Carlisle this weekend .... Thank Paul. Without him, it just wouldn't happen at the level it has become. There was representation from MD, DE, VA, NJ, PA, NY, VT, MA, OH, KY, GA this weekend and maybe more that I missed. This event has grown to National proportions even though it has traditionally been classified as a Regional event.

Also a Big Thanks to everyone who brought something to share at the event --- there was Food, drinks, and Pot Luck everything in abundance for the Saturday MM B-B-Q. And to all the folks who stepped forward to do the cooking, the serving and the clean-up after all was said and done.

THANKS PAUL !!!
I couldn't have said it better, thanks Paul:banana2::banana2:

Papillon
06-04-2012, 05:15 AM
On the way home yesterday, Paul & I started chatting about the history of "MM at Carlisle" and he told me how originally all the Mercurys were clumped into one category, and how Marauders then branched out. I asked him how and why he decided to start doing in class voting and the T-shirts.... His response was "I wanted give the members an incentive to come and to keep coming back. We weren't being recognized by Carlisle so I thought it'd be a good idea to do the in class voting."

Now look.... not only do we have our own class, but they split our class up, we are one of the biggest groups at Carlisle AND we had Paul & Sherman receive special recognition awards from Carlisle Events!!!

I know first hand how much Carlisle means to Paul and this year was a little tough because of the stress of starting a new job and all but he put and always puts so much time and effort into Carlisle every year to make things fun & enjoyable for everyone and have everyone come back year after year.

Very proud of him for putting on such a great show (among many other reasons :lovies2:)

Thanks babe!

HERE'S TO MANY MORE CARLISLE TO COME :beer:

HammerDown
06-04-2012, 05:39 AM
On the way home yesterday, Paul & I started chatting about the history of "MM at Carlisle" and he told me how originally all the Mercurys were clumped into one category, and how Marauders then branched out. I asked him how and why he decided to start doing in class voting and the T-shirts.... His response was "I wanted give the members an incentive to come and to keep coming back. We weren't being recognized by Carlisle so I thought it'd be a good idea to do the in class voting."

Now look.... not only do we have our own class, but they split our class up, we are one of the biggest groups at Carlisle AND we had Paul & Sherman receive special recognition awards from Carlisle Events!!!

I know first hand how much Carlisle means to Paul and this year was a little tough because of the stress of starting a new job and all but he put and always puts so much time and effort into Carlisle every year to make things fun & enjoyable for everyone and have everyone come back year after year.

Very proud of him for putting on such a great show (among many other reasons :lovies2:)

Thanks babe!

HERE'S TO MANY MORE CARLISLE'S TO COME :beer:

Yes, BIG THANK YOU, Paul for another super fun time at Carlisle. We're already looking forward to next year!!! Bluerauder pretty much summed up how we all feel. You da MAN!!! The Carlisle MAN!!!!!

Ms. Denmark
06-04-2012, 05:46 AM
Eric and I had a GREAT time! Thanks to Paul for another awesome Carlisle! The food, t-shirts and especially the company were fantastic! Thanks to Marty for manning the grill and Connie and all who helped put on the BBQ. It's a lot of hard work, but you all make it look easy! Thank you!!

Krytin
06-04-2012, 06:23 AM
Very well done!

I hope to have my car ready for next year!

Bigdogjim
06-04-2012, 07:08 AM
Yes! Although I could only attend one day (Sat.) it was a blast:up:

T-shirt design was simple yet it will be my fav, sorry I only got one black & one white:lol:

Paul that for getting them in my size, I know it can be hard, thanks again.

Next year date are already blocked off for me and I am looking forward to hang'in out with lots of marauder's and friends:up:

3 days of sheer fun in the sun. Really what could be better for any car person?

Thanks Paul for all you do for us.:bows: :banana2:

P71
06-04-2012, 07:53 AM
A BIG THANK YOU!
To, Paul, Voula, Marty, Connie, Jack, Paula, Eric and all of the folks who contributed to making Carlisle 2012 a wonderful and most memorable event!

One of the things that struck me most at the "Carlisle All Ford Nationals" was of the millions of Panther Platform vehicles that the Ford Motor Company has produced over the years; one of the largest showings of Panther Body cars at a "National" event was by our group, MM.NET with our beloved Mercury Marauders! WOW, that was truly amazing!

Ms. Denmark
06-04-2012, 07:57 AM
A BIG THANK YOU!
To, Paul, Voula, Marty, Connie, Jack, Paula, Eric and all of the folks who contributed to making Carlisle 2012 a wonderful and most memorable event!

One of the things that struck me most at the "Carlisle All Ford Nationals" was of the millions of Panther Platform vehicles that the Ford Motor Company has produced over the years; one of the largest showings of Panther Body cars at a "National" event was by our group, MM.NET with our beloved Mercury Marauders! WOW, that was truly amazing!
It was so wonderful to spend time with you and Paula. BTW hope she's feeling fine! It's people like you, George, that help to make any mm.net event more fun!

DEFYANT
06-04-2012, 09:42 AM
I wish I could have made it. Work changed my schedule changing my days off.

Today when I go in, I will put in for the first weekend in June off so I can attend.

Paul, thanks for keeping our cars at the forefront of the Carlisle event.

Blackened300a
06-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Its all my pleasure!!! A BIG thanks goes out to the members who continue to keep coming back every year!!

A HUGE thanks to all the members who brought all the food and drinks for the BBQ! The Layout was impressive with cups, plates, burgers, hotdogs, tons of desserts, drinks and even NY steak pinwheels, chicken Marsala, bratwurst with sauerkraut and Stromboli!
Big thanks to Marty and Matt for their time spent manning the grills and making sure that everyone was fed including the non-members. Thanks to Connie (hammerdown) and to all who participated in the giant clean up that followed after such a huge gathering, I'm sure the Carlisle staff was pleased seeing we didn't leave such a disaster for them with all our people.
I also wanna thank Charlie (Bluerauder) Drew (DWStang), and Paula/Eric for covering the table costs til I arrived. I faxed them the order on the 25th of April, but they never charged my credit card or put the order in. :confused: I'm glad the tent was there!
A huge thanks to my lovely girlfriend (Papillon) who did a lot of the leg work to get things done behind the scenes while I been adjusting to a new job with odd hours. Love you babe and thanks for making things easier!

As always, a GIANT thank you to MM.net for the dash plaques this year and for giving us a forum to be able to gather and put together such a fun event such as Carlisle! We only had 2 or 3 guys show up with a Marauder from outside the collective, that's more reason why we thank you for this forum and keeping the lights on!!!

See you guys again in 2013!!!

Loco1234
06-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Big Thnx... You do a great job & you were reworded with a big 1st polace & Nifty Fifty win(s)... Way to go...

As you already know if there's anyway I can help for next year simply let me know...

SGT_MERC
06-04-2012, 12:03 PM
The event was flawless. Paul, you and your better half, Voula, did a great job in organizing and making everything run flawless. Next year, I will have to strap a port-a-jon on your back though so you can haul it up the hill. Haha. A big thank you to everyone else who helped and brought the something to share.

HammerDown
06-04-2012, 12:36 PM

We're all very proud of him AND YOU, VOULA for putting on such a great show (among many other reasons :lovies2:)

Thanks babes!

HERE'S TO MANY MORE CARLISLE TO COME :beer:

*****I fixed it for all of us *****

vkirkend
06-04-2012, 12:49 PM
What he said, Paul you're the BEST!!!!!

THANKS PAUL !!!

Odinson
06-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Marauders looked the best! Paul is king of the hill. :)

Perhaps a mote and cannons next year? No wait a trebuchet!

Ken
06-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Another job well done to everyone involved! :2thumbs:

Papillon
06-04-2012, 01:18 PM
*****I fixed it for all of us *****

Aaaaw shucks Connie! :o Well you know what they say... "Behind every good man is a better woman" :D Heehee!

Paul is the mastermind and has the drive to put this all together year after year. I'm just here to help. :beer:

WhatsUpDOHC
06-04-2012, 05:16 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What everyone said - Thanks Paul for a great and well planned event.

It's always a great time.

Mark

Mebot
06-05-2012, 10:52 AM
I just wanted to chime in and give props to Paul (blackened300a) for engineering the whole event. It was good to finally meet you and put a face with the name. It was good to get out and meet some other Marauder owners as well. Some folks I've met before but only once or just real quick. Thanks for making me feel welcome. My dad and I were only planning to come up for the Saturday show but we ended up staying the night in Harrisburg

jabird56
06-06-2012, 01:59 AM
Paul/Voula, I would like to also commend you for putting together a GREAT MM event.

I have fun coming out to have fun with a bunch of MM car enthusiasts and as KING and QUEENs of the "HILL", looking out at those mere mortal MUSTANGS (present MM members with MUSTANGS down on the flats excluded, mind you), as we come together for this now annual event.

Great job.

FreddieH
06-06-2012, 02:52 AM
What everyone else said, You da man, I want to be like you when I grow up. Ha Ha. Much Love.