PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Carlisle Winner's List

Bluerauder
06-04-2012, 09:49 AM
I didn't get the list of people who won the MM awards under the tent on Saturday. Maybe Paul or Voula can post those.

The Carlisle Event awards are here. Our awards are listed on Page 19. Class Y452 Stock and Y453 Modified >>>>> http://www.carlisleevents.com/events/ford-nationals/winners.asp

Y452 2003-2004 Mercury Marauder Stock

1st Place -- Blackened300a
Nifty Fifty -- Blackened 300a
2nd Place -- DOOM (somehow he was placed in "Stock" category by mistake)
3rd Place -- Bluerauder

Y453 2003-2004 Mercury Marauder Modified

1st Place -- Shermanator
Celebrity Choice -- Shermanator
2nd Place -- gpfarrell
3rd Place -- Odinson

Ms. Denmark
06-04-2012, 10:04 AM
NICE GOING EVERYONE!!!! :banana2:

Blackened300a
06-04-2012, 10:20 AM
MM.net in voting results....

Best in show Supercharged....

1st) Ladyhawke
2nd) DOOM
3rd) Odinson

Best in show Naturally Aspirated...

1st) ShowRoom (Ron Muko)
2nd) Bluerauder
3rd) Brandon Barel

Best Engine Supercharged...

Shermanator.

Best Engine Naturally Aspirated...

Blackened300A.

Best Display....

Freddie H.

50/50 Raffle winner...

SGT MERC.... $160

Managers choice award....

SGT MERC...

We had some non-Marauder's parked with us so the "Non-Marauder" class will be making a comeback in 2013 as well as another class I haven't decided on yet.

Loco1234
06-04-2012, 10:24 AM
I didn't have my Marauder ther but brougth my 01 Qvasle Mangusta down again this year... I was parked with the MM.net of course & still somehow won in my class... LOL

R154 - SPEC INTEREST(KIT,PANTERA,RELATIVES ,REPLICA,TIGER)
376 TRAVINSKI, GARY 2001 QVALE MANGUSTA FIRST PLACE

Bigdogjim
06-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Nice going to all the won! It was a great weekend:up:

Bluerauder
06-04-2012, 10:30 AM
And Blown3.8 took an award too ....

Y424 1994-1995 SC Thunderbirds Stock and Modified
#465 3rd Place --- Chris Vining, 1995 Thunderbird

Papillon
06-04-2012, 10:34 AM
THIS CAR CLUB IS FULL OF WINS!!!!!!!!
:banana: :bows: :beer: :up: :rock: :high5:

Honestly, I wonder if there's another car club that was at Carlisle that has members that won TWELVE awards collectively from EIGHT different members?!!

Btw Gary, I took video & pics of you during the awards ceremony.
Will post up when I get home :)

chevysnfirst
06-05-2012, 02:19 AM
We had some non-Marauder's parked with us so the "Non-Marauder" class will be making a comeback in 2013 as well as another class I haven't decided on yet.

Congrats to everybody!
I have marked these dates down for next year
even though Tricky Vicky isn't a Marauder
I would love to be parked with y'all if that is okay

courtmarshall
06-05-2012, 07:39 AM
Best Daily Driver? :burnout:Mileage Stipulation

MM.net in voting results....

Best in show Supercharged....

1st) Ladyhawke
2nd) DOOM
3rd) Odinson

Best in show Naturally Aspirated...

1st) ShowRoom (Ron Muko)
2nd) Bluerauder
3rd) Brandon Barel

Best Engine Supercharged...

Shermanator.

Best Engine Naturally Aspirated...

Blackened300A.

Best Display....

Freddie H.

50/50 Raffle winner...

SGT MERC.... $160

Managers choice award....

SGT MERC...

DOOM
06-05-2012, 08:07 AM
I didn't get the list of people who won the MM awards under the tent on Saturday. Maybe Paul or Voula can post those.

The Carlisle Event awards are here. Our awards are listed on Page 19. Class Y452 Stock and Y453 Modified >>>>> http://www.carlisleevents.com/events/ford-nationals/winners.asp

Y452 2003-2004 Mercury Marauder Stock

1st Place -- Blackened300a
Nifty Fifty -- Blackened 300a
2nd Place -- DOOM - WTF!!! :shake: :shake:
3rd Place -- Bluerauder

Y453 2003-2004 Mercury Marauder Modified

1st Place -- Shermanator
Celebrity Choice -- Shermanator
2nd Place -- gpfarrell
3rd Place -- Odinson

Fixed Charlie. :D

Damn near every modified marauder that registered MODIFIED CLASS got thrown into the STOCK CLASS! :eek:

And what really sucks about that is someone with a STOCK MARAUDER
got completely screwed out of a trophy that they deserved to win! Because they put me and others in the wrong category. Or Bluerauder could have won 2nd. place instead of 3rd! And someone else with a stock marauder could have picked up 3rd. place! :shake:

That really needs to be addressed.

Odinson
06-05-2012, 08:11 AM
So busy with the kids I didn't get to take any pics. Did anyone get a pic of my car? It's the black with the bumperguards on the front and back.

Been trying to get eagle productions on the horn for a few days now. They took pics if they didn't delete them yet.

Thanks!

Odinson
06-05-2012, 08:15 AM
Fixed Charlie. :D

Damn near every modified marauder that registered MODIFIED CLASS got thrown into the STOCK CLASS! :eek:

And what really sucks about that is someone with a STOCK MARAUDER
got completely screwed out of a trophy that they deserved to win! Because they put me and others in the wrong category. Or Bluerauder could have won 2nd. place instead of 3rd! And someone else with a stock marauder could have picked up 3rd. place! :shake:

That really needs to be addressed.

I really shouldn't have been third in the Carlisle contest, should have been fourth. I'll have the plaque in a week or so. :( If we figure out who it should have been I'll send it to them.

I don't believe they printed our class on our windshield stickers. Maybe they should! Then people can complain before it's too late. I bet their website was screwed up somehow.

Papillon
06-05-2012, 08:40 AM
So busy with the kids I didn't get to take any pics. Did anyone get a pic of my car? It's the black with the bumperguards on the front and back.

Been trying to get eagle productions on the horn for a few days now. They took pics if they didn't delete them yet.

Thanks!

I took pics of every car. I think this is you no?
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/sfb79/Carlisle%202012/IMG_0063.jpg

Odinson
06-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Yup that's me. Thanks.

Papillon
06-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Yup that's me. Thanks.

Np problem! I only took pics of the engine bays and the front of the cars if the cover was closed. I'll check later to see if I have a pic of your entire car.

Bigdogjim
06-05-2012, 09:39 AM
So where is Garfield? :lol:

Ms. Denmark
06-05-2012, 09:46 AM

Thanks! I think this is yours, Matt...:cool:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29 424&d=1338738890 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29 424&d=1338738890)

Odinson
06-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Yeah I saw that. LOL. Fit for framing. :)

Bluerauder
06-05-2012, 05:28 PM
I don't believe they printed our class on our windshield stickers. Maybe they should! Then people can complain before it's too late. I bet their website was screwed up somehow.

They DID print the Class Numbers on the window sticker. DOOM and I walked around on Sunday morning and found several S/C cars with Y452 stickers for the Stock Class. I didn't see any Stock cars with the Y453 Modified stickers.

When I registered, there were clearly 2 choices --- Stock and Modified. Not sure how this got screwed up since it was probably just dumped into a database to print the stickers.

1. One obvious cause is that some people may have registered in the wrong class since Stock was listed first during the selection process.

2. Another simple explanation is that DOOM was parked right next to the sign indicating Y452 Class -- and people may have just entered his registration number on the ballot next to Y452 regardless of the Modified status of his car.

3. The final reason is that Carlisle just screwed up the classes for the Marauders and didn't have any real control over the stock and modified Marauder class since this was the first year of the split that Paul has been pushing for for 5 years.

I tend to favor explanation number 2 since DOOM's front fender was not more than 24 inches from the stanchion showing the Class Y452 number. It shouldn't have happened. But it did.

I don't think we will ever know what happened here.

DOOM
06-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Hey Charlie, Sherman's car was parked in the same row as mine as well as others!
The parking wasn't the problem. We were all parked together.

They screwed up on the STICKERS!

Example: Hammerdown & fordfrk (husband and wife) registered both cars online. They entered Connie's car in STOCK CLASS and jacks car in MODIFIED CLASS!

They both got stickers for STOCK CLASS!!!

Example 2: Haggis & Ladyhawke entered both Kenny brown marauders in MODIFIED CLASS and received the wrong stickers as well!

Bluerauder
06-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Hey Charlie, Sherman's car was parked in the same row as mine as well as others!
The parking wasn't the problem. We were all parked together.

They screwed up on the STICKERS!

Example: Hammerdown & fordfrk (husband and wife) registered both cars online. They entered Connie's car in STOCK CLASS and jacks car in MODIFIED CLASS!

They both got stickers for STOCK CLASS!!!

Example 2: Haggis & Ladyhawke entered both Kenny brown marauders in MODIFIED CLASS and received the wrong stickers as well!
Jake,

I offered three possible explanations. Pick the one that you like. The simple fact is that it really doesn't matter what was on your sticker. The voting process is not automated so it is subject to human error. If people entered your registration number under the Y452 Stock Category, that is where it was counted.

The fact that your car was right next to the the Y452 sign MAY have caused people to put you in the Y452 category. Those far down the line MAY have caused people to think a little more about the Stock or Modified Class and choose consciously since that sign wasn't staring them in their face. If they checked your sticker, it would have confirmed that you were in the Y452 Stock category. Unless there was a means to double check your entry against the registration, there is always the possibility you would have votes in the wrong class.

You will never find out what actually happened. The stickers got messed up. The votes may have gotten messed up. It might be able to be fixed for NEXT YEAR. But this year --- It is what it is. :(

Blackened300a
06-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Rick is in charge of everything this year since his go to person Val Stewart left and I think he dropped the ball on it. I'm not sure yet what our pre-registration number came in as, but he told me that if the number is big enough that the class will be split. I just think it was totally random how they split it up and they didn't pay attention to who checked what box. That will be addressed along with how come the tables I ordered were never placed or even charged to my card especially since I called him to place the order then faxed and emailed the form within hours of speaking to him. I will also discuss moving the porta-johns closer up the hill if we are to be placed on marauder mountain for 2013 and I will especially find out why they called me Phil!! :D
Our in-voting went smooth and will be expanded a bit for next year and hopefully the split class will remain for the judging.

DWSTANG67
06-05-2012, 09:34 PM
I belive some of the voters did get confussed, one of the times i was walking up the hill i was near my car and 2 people asked me were the stock marauders were? i told them all the marauders are parked in this section, i tolds them that if its supercharged its modified all others are stock, also told them to look at the class number on sticker.

One idea we could do in the future is park alll the modified marauders in one row and stock in another row

Papillon
06-06-2012, 06:08 AM
Perhaps, in the future, in addition to Carlisle splitting the class, we too, as a club, can take it upon ourselves to park the stock and modified in 2 different sections and perhaps have signage like we did at MV9....?

Mebot
06-06-2012, 06:21 AM
i tolds them that if its supercharged its modified all others are stock

I registered my mm as modified since I put 410 gears in. doesnt that disqualify me from stock category?

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge

Haggis
06-06-2012, 06:25 AM
I registered my mm as modified since I put 410 gears in. doesnt that disqualify me from stock category?

Yes it is. But, it is something that is not visible...so you can enter the stock class if you wish. Even a K&N air filter can be considered modified, depending on how anal you want to be.

DOOM
06-06-2012, 07:10 AM
Some voting ballots had 3 categories on them to vote!

Y452 (stock class)
Y452-C (nobody knew wtf this was)!
Y453 (modified class)

Odinson
06-06-2012, 07:27 AM
Ah ok. Think I get it now. Should be obvious I didn't vote. No time to do it right.

I think the problem may have been on the Carlisle site. If you left the page for any reason and then went back your data was still there but your car class changed back to the default (stock) This happened to me, but being a clueless newbie and just talking to Paul about it on the site, I triple checked before I hit submit.

Could also be a few bad write ins as well.

There is good news in all this. This means the club gave me more props than the show! Thanks for all the support guys! Votin for the new guy! :) :burnout::beer:

Odinson
06-06-2012, 07:44 AM
Here's the only pics I snapped.

The arrival at the hotel.
19 body trunk.
The people over at the Subaru sites like to brag about their cargo space so why shouldn't we. :)

Bigdogjim
06-06-2012, 07:46 AM
I looked at Carlise's web site and it states that for stock class if 3 or less mods

Modified class is 4 or more mods.

So if all you did was add a S/C then you would be stock?

Ms. Denmark
06-06-2012, 07:48 AM
And if I have 4;10s, a tune and a CAI ....not to mention purple calipers I am modified, no? :D

Bigdogjim
06-06-2012, 07:52 AM
No paint does not count! Otherwise my tail light's and stripe + other things would put me in that class:)

Papillon
06-06-2012, 08:04 AM
So... I guess I'll post the not-so-obvious that "Stock" = naturally aspirated (NA) and "Modified" = super charged (SC).

Otherwise, a K&N filter "mod" on a stock car would qualify to go against Doom & Sherm's supercharged blingers. :rolleyes:

Ms. Denmark
06-06-2012, 08:21 AM
So... I guess I'll post the not-so-obvious that "Stock" = naturally aspirated (NA) and "Modified" = super charged (SC).

Otherwise, a K&N filter "mod" on a stock car would qualify to go against Doom & Sherm's supercharged blingers. :rolleyes:
^^^To most of us that is how we look at it, but the car show rules may say otherwise... ;)

Odinson
06-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Cool eagle productions just got back to me. Photo proofs next week.

His father was getting married, that's why the delays. Thanks folks!

Bigdogjim
06-06-2012, 08:54 AM
^^^To most of us that is how we look at it, but the car show rules may say otherwise... ;)

If you go to Carlise web site and look at up-comming meets you can click on regester now and just look at the classes. They might not all be the same for each event. I check the GM National meet for the above info I posted.

Papillon
06-06-2012, 09:46 AM
If you go to Carlise web site and look at up-comming meets you can click on regester now and just look at the classes. They might not all be the same for each event. I check the GM National meet for the above info I posted.

Yup. I did the same thing... if the All Fords guidelines are anything like the GM show, then 99% of our cars would qualify as "modified" :rolleyes:.

http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/pdf/2011-GM-Nats-Judging-Guidelines.pdf

The was I see it, if you register as "Stock=NA" or "Modified=SC" it keeps things fair for everyone. JMO.

Mr. Man
06-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Not familiar with gpferrell's car. Looks like it might be a black if that's his car in his avatar. Where was he parked?

Papillon
06-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Not familiar with gpferrell's car. Looks like it might be a black if that's his car in his avatar. Where was he parked?

CORRECTION... I think this is GP's car... it was parked on the same row as Marty/Sgt Merc toward the mid/end of the mountain:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/sfb79/Carlisle%202012/IMG_0034.jpg

DWSTANG67
06-06-2012, 10:19 AM
For those that are confused it was stated by blackend300 in his regestration post

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76179

that stock = NA

and modified = supercharged

regardless of carlise rules

Blackened300a
06-06-2012, 10:21 AM
In local judging, any one of these three mods are to be considered modified. Power adder, rims, and custom paint. Engine modifications or simple exterior dress up is still considered stock. In reality Chris and Gordon's car's can be considered stock since they were purchased that way, but would be put in a modified class since they have a supercharger.
I break it down NA and SC because you could nitpick at technicalities all day long on the definition of a stock and modified.

Haggis
06-06-2012, 10:23 AM
In local judging, any one of these three mods are to be considered modified. Power adder, rims, and custom paint. Engine modifications or simple exterior dress up is still considered stock. In reality Chris and Gordon's car's can be considered stock since they were purchased that way, but would be put in a modified class since they have a supercharger.
I break it down NA and SC because you could nitpick at technicalities all day long on the definition of a stock and modified.

Ok, thanks. I'm entering stock class next year.

STEPS
06-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Congrats to all

Bluerauder
06-06-2012, 03:52 PM
If ya'll keep pissing and moaning over the screw up in the two (2) Marauder Classes, we will soon be back to a single Class. Carlisle Events will take the simple route to "solve" the problem. I have seen it all before. :(

Paul/Blackened300a was absolutely clear in the division of the classes. Stock = N/A Y452 and Modified = S/C Y453. If your sticker didn't match your class, you should have sorted that out in the registration building on Friday or Saturday morning. And if you don't want to be judged in the 1958 Edsel Class, don't park next to the sign for that class. :rolleyes:

If DOOM does not want his 2nd Place Carlisle trophy/plaque because it smells like "Stock" then he should mail it to Showroom, Brandon Barel or to FreddieH who would have qualified under the MM.Net voting. I am sure that they'd appreciate having one. :P

JMHO that this has been blown way out of proportion. It won't get fixed until next year. What is done is done. Let it go.

Bluerauder
06-06-2012, 03:56 PM
CORRECTION... I think this is GP's car... it was parked on the same row as Marty/Sgt Merc toward the mid/end of the mountain:

Yes, that is gpfarrell's car. I PM'd Greg when I got home to let him know that he had won an award. He drove home Saturday night. Carlisle Events will mail his plaque. I also PM'd Odinson on his award since he was gone by Sunday.

DOOM
06-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Ok, thanks. I'm entering stock class next year.

LMAO!!! :rofl:

:high5:

Mebot
06-06-2012, 09:25 PM
When do I get my "dirtiest" marauder award? I was in the n/a modified division:p

Blackened300a
06-06-2012, 09:44 PM
I was seriously considering making that award but I wasn't sure how well it would go over.

Mebot
06-07-2012, 02:56 AM
I think it would have been great but just depends on who won & if they would've been a good sport about it :)

Comin' in Hot
06-07-2012, 03:24 AM
When do I get my "dirtiest" marauder award? I was in the n/a modified division:p

I was seriously considering making that award but I wasn't sure how well it would go over.

If you make that award I could win it with my DD, 100% confidence

Haggis
06-07-2012, 04:14 AM
If you make that award I could win it with my DD, 100% confidence

I don't know Ryan's was pretty filthy. :flamer:

Mebot
06-07-2012, 04:34 AM
true I ain't going to lie. I did not have a chance to wash my car before carlisle. Just drove it up "as-is"

Haggis
06-07-2012, 04:35 AM
true I ain't going to lie. I did not have a chance to wash my car before carlisle. Just drove it up "as-is"

Forget about the outside, your engine bay needs to be put out of my misery.

Mebot
06-07-2012, 04:38 AM
I need a supercharger

Bigdogjim
06-07-2012, 07:25 AM

Nah! I got you there buddy, mine even has a dent in the left rear behind the wheel:mad:

Bluerauder
06-07-2012, 11:09 AM
true I ain't going to lie. I did not have a chance to wash my car in the past 6 months before carlisle and the hood hasn't been open since it was brand new. Just drove it up "as-is"

There ^^^^^ I fixed it for you. :flamer:

Blackened300a
06-07-2012, 11:10 AM

I had the simple green in the trunk with detailing brushes. If I wasn't busy I would have offered to pull your car down to the wash station and have at it.

71cyclone
06-07-2012, 11:37 AM
The Mangusta was a Fantastic Car/ One of A kind [ I lost the original blog ,excuse the placement ]