PDA

View Full Version : Gateway Marauders

marauder307
02-13-2004, 09:58 AM
Well, our weather's starting to come out of the icebox here...verrrry slowly. And since the wx's gettin' better, the time has come to take the wraps off the plan that I've been cooking up with LML, STLThunder, 93tealcobra, and others....

I'm trying to put together a STL-based Marauder club. Have already put out fliers at South County and West County Sinclair L-M dealerships; if you're an STL or nearby Marauder owner, respond to this thread or contact me/LML through the website or our listings in the member database. I'm open to most forms of communication (email, phone, smoke signals, flashing neon signs, etc...)

Haven't fleshed out ALL the details yet. Obviously, a listing here is in order. My previous enthusiast auto club membership experience was with Heart of Dixie Mustangs; they required a membership with Mustang Club of America, we may look into an affiliation with LMOA. Such decisions can be put up to a vote amongst us members.

Sound off! Let us hear from ya!

STLThunder
02-13-2004, 10:34 AM
Count me in! I'll PM you with my phone number. :banana2:

marauder307
02-22-2004, 03:23 PM
C'mon folks...I know yer out there...I can hear you breathing.... :lol:

robotek911
02-27-2004, 01:31 PM
C'mon folks...I know yer out there...I can hear you breathing.... :lol:

I and hopefully a few more MM's plus a few Lightnings and Mustangs are coming out for the May 13 - 16th at Gateway International. If we get enough MM's there, maybe they will create our own class! I don't know. But we're planning on being there reguardless. :banana2:

BUCKWHEAT
02-27-2004, 08:29 PM
I and hopefully a few more MM's plus a few Lightnings and Mustangs are coming out for the May 13 - 16th at Gateway International. If we get enough MM's there, maybe they will create our own class! I don't know. But we're planning on being there reguardless. :banana2:

Give Don Sorich a call. He bought an MM at Sinclair about two months ago.

STLThunder
03-01-2004, 02:15 PM
That's a great idea. I've been thinking about going there to test out the MM. It would be fun to go as a group. :banana2:

marauder307
03-02-2004, 04:41 PM
Want to try and get together third weekend in March. Would like to hear from everybody as to where they'd like to meet. :up:

STLThunder
03-02-2004, 04:54 PM
Want to try and get together third weekend in March. Would like to hear from everybody as to where they'd like to meet. :up:

Third weekend? Sat., 20th (First day of spring) :rock: 0r Sun., 21st? Sounds good to me if the weather's OK. How about somewhere out near "Boone's Crossing"? Close to both St. Louis and St. Charles Counties. Lots of food and drink close by too. :beer:

marauder307
03-07-2004, 01:11 PM
Sat. 20th looks good. Let's try for that...LML, you in? 93tealcobra, you in?

marauder307
03-15-2004, 05:34 PM
Sat. 20th looks good. Let's try for that...LML, you in? 93tealcobra, you in?

Haven't heard anything from anybody...are we on?

STLThunder
03-16-2004, 03:21 PM
Haven't heard anything from anybody...are we on?

Maybe we should wait for the weather to turn a little nicer and for more responses?

marauder307
03-16-2004, 05:15 PM
Maybe we should wait for the weather to turn a little nicer and for more responses?

Yeah....guess we'll have to. Oh well...spring's coming!

STLT, I'll be out at the Des Peres 14 week from Saturday taking in the new Scooby-Doo movie. Depending on the time of day, I could prolly meet up with you at West County Mall afterwards...whatever!

LML, where'd you go?

STLThunder
03-16-2004, 05:21 PM
Yeah....guess we'll have to. Oh well...spring's coming!

STLT, I'll be out at the Des Peres 14 week from Saturday taking in the new Scooby-Doo movie. Depending on the time of day, I could prolly meet up with you at West County Mall afterwards...whatever!

LML, where'd you go?

"Rut Roh" new Scooby Doo movie huh? Maybe we can meet. Do you mean Sat. 3/27?

marauder307
03-16-2004, 06:33 PM
"Rut Roh" new Scooby Doo movie huh? Maybe we can meet. Do you mean Sat. 3/27?

Yup. May try to get the car cleaned up a bit beforehand. I've found that going to the earliest matinee usually means that I can get in there before all the folks with their screaming kids show up. Most folks aren't bachelors like me...it's fun to watch the movie without being jammed in between folks or putting up with squalling babies...

lovess
03-21-2004, 04:05 PM
Gateway International Raceway opens Tuesday March 23rd for street tire test&tune. Hope to see some of you there this year. Later, Rick :burnout:

lovess
03-23-2004, 04:24 PM
Test&Tune canceled for tonight. :cry:

BUCKWHEAT
03-26-2004, 07:56 PM
Anyone up for the drags next Saturday, April 3? If the weather's good, I'll be there.

marauder307
03-28-2004, 08:55 AM
I'd like to get some commitments from the local folks here as to whether or not we're going to do the club. I've been prompted to move ahead on this thing by what I saw last night (3/27)...

Went to South County Hooters for my Saturday evening repast. What I saw there was a shocker. No folks....I'm not talking about the waitresses.

I found the site of STL's "Fast and Furious" crowd. The street racers were out in major force; not only ricers, but "Bigfoot"-class trucks, and lots of lil' snotnose types with 5 and 6 year Firebirds. They were even doing donuts and burnouts in the lot.

(For those of you scratching your heads, the SC Hooters shares it's parking lot with a strip mall and a Home Depot...read on.)

I hadn't realized that this was where the street-racing scene was. I'm not ordinarily out that late; I happened to be feeling particularly ornery that evening, so I held off dinner until about 9:30. VERY big presence out there; mostly kids (18-20 year-olds), and there were a couple of kegs running full blast outta the trucks. Somebody even brought a Coachman motor home. Being still somewhat new to this area, I'm just gonna assume that this is normal for 'round here.

Bottom line: we really need to get our group together. I made a pass through the area; Moses didn't part the Red Sea better than I parted the crowd. Then I tactically disappeared ('nother words, I called it a night). The party visibly quieted when I rolled through; prolly didn't know what they had. I'd like to see that reaction again, this time with no less than two MMs. Three, if LML can make the drive down ('bout 25 miles, one way). Four, if djcwardog buys his. Five, if I can convince 93tealcobra to come out. That would give us a good spread in the club: One high-miler or different color vehicle (depending on how djcwardog decides); one low-serial number Kenny Brown Marauder S (93tealcobra); a Day Two modified (LML); and a couple of stockers (STLThunder and myself).

We need to do this. I'll pm 93tealcobra; last word I heard from him said he was deep involved with his job and was throttling back his presence on the website (something I can totally understand). Would like to hear from the rest of you so I can see how things are gonna shape up.

Last thing, and I'll wrap up: I didn't leave without putting my signature on the night. Some kid in an Acura Legend, dirty/scratched white, two-step bleacher wing, rims and phart cannon, found out the hard way that MMs don't take prisoners. I'll bet he's telling all his friends about the mysterious black car that came out of the dark and damn near plowed him under...

heh, heh, heh....Marauders own the night!

lovess
03-28-2004, 04:43 PM
www.stlsr.com/forums. Most of the kids are on this website. I'm a member but I'm the "old man". Met a few of them at Gateway and most are good friendly kids.The ones at Hooters are pretty wild. I remember when I was their age, gotta hang somewhere I guess. They're the reason they started a street tire night at Gateway. The website is sponsor to several "all nighters" at the track.Maybe I'll see ya over there Tuesday if it doesn't rain. I live off Telegraph by 255 so I'm not far from Hooters. What kinda mods have you done to your car? Maybe we could do a run together? I met 93Tealcobra over there and watched him run(13.7?) Hope you get your club together, I belong to GRAIL Impala club. Later, Rick :beer:

djcwardog
03-30-2004, 05:21 PM
Well, our weather's starting to come out of the icebox here...verrrry slowly. And since the wx's gettin' better, the time has come to take the wraps off the plan that I've been cooking up with LML, STLThunder, 93tealcobra, and others....

I'm trying to put together a STL-based Marauder club. Have already put out fliers at South County and West County Sinclair L-M dealerships; if you're an STL or nearby Marauder owner, respond to this thread or contact me/LML through the website or our listings in the member database. I'm open to most forms of communication (email, phone, smoke signals, flashing neon signs, etc...)

Haven't fleshed out ALL the details yet. Obviously, a listing here is in order. My previous enthusiast auto club membership experience was with Heart of Dixie Mustangs; they required a membership with Mustang Club of America, we may look into an affiliation with LMOA. Such decisions can be put up to a vote amongst us members.

Sound off! Let us hear from ya!
M307,

I am enjoying my car so far - all one day of ownership! Please keep me in the loop about the Gatweway MM Club.

Sincerely,

marauder307
03-30-2004, 05:57 PM
M307,

I am enjoying my car so far - all one day of ownership! Please keep me in the loop about the Gatweway MM Club.

Sincerely,

Well good! :up: Good to have you with us! Thinking about trying to gather with local MM owners sometime here soon...maybe next weekend. My email's warhrs@earthlink.net; contact me direct when you can get a few minutes, and lemme know if next Saturday would be good for you!

LincMercLover
03-30-2004, 08:16 PM
Sorry, haven't been on the forums in awhile... for numerous reasons... M307, I sent ya a PM about everything.

Glad to see some SS guys joining in! Always nice to do a little mud slingin' during a meet! :D I've never drove one yet... but want to. I'm generous with the keys to mine, so... :burnout: Oh yah, M307, you already get 'em first. ;)

marauder307
04-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Took mine in for service today,...I must be setting some kind of low-mileage record. At just over 13 months of ownership, I've only 15,090 on the odo.

Got my oil changed and my squeaky driver's seat fixed; the tech had to do some adjusting on the seat tracks and bend some stuff around. Whatever he did, it worked; seat's quiet for the first time in about 4-6 months.

I'm gonna be in a loaner for Tuesday night. The vent door motor is audibly binding, and in order for the tech to get to it, he's gonna have to tear the dash apart and AOG the parts. All day job. So I'm gonna get a loaner GM Tuesday on my lunch break.

And bigger problems are looming. The curse of the early production models has reared its ugly head; my valves are tapping! Sure enough, cylinders 7 and 8 are making noise. It's not bad yet, but it'll get that way, and I tried talking to the Ford hotline this afternoon to see if they'd come up with even a silent recall on it. They gave the usual corporate runaround...oh no, this is the first we've heard of it, you should really take the car to the dealer. This after the dealer already looked at OASIS this afternoon and told me that there was nothing out there on the valves.

It's rank bull****, of course...I've lost track of how many folks on this site have cropped up valvetrain problems. I've also lost track of how many fixes there are for them, too....something about tighten the cam covers while filing an OASIS report, negotiating with Ford, and standing on your head at the same time? I dunno...

Every time I go in, it's more warranty work. Just once, I'd like to simply go in for some plain old-fashioned service, rather than shoot craps on whether or not the dealer's gonna be nice to me again.

Can someone PM or email me with the ONE solution for fixing the @#$!@# valves?

On a better note,....there's a fully loaded new black 2004 on the back lot at South County Sinclair, 10 mi. on the odo, with heated seats, T/C, and the moonroof. If anybody's interested, let me know, I can steer you to one of the salespeople.

marauder307
04-02-2004, 05:30 PM
Almost forgot,...will probably be out tomorrow evening (Saturday). Going to see Hellboy in the afternoon, will probably have dinner late again. Anybody interested in coming out? :cool:

MARAUDER S/C
04-04-2004, 03:17 PM
Took mine in for service today,...I must be setting some kind of low-mileage record. At just over 13 months of ownership, I've only 15,090 on the odo.

I've had mine for 21 months, odometer reads........4,524. :cool4:

MM03MOK
04-04-2004, 03:21 PM
I've had mine for 21 months, odometer reads........4,524. :cool4:No wonder I never see you while driving around the South Coast!

MARAUDER S/C
04-04-2004, 03:32 PM
No wonder I never see you while driving around the South Coast!

Hello Mary, I took the car out today (first time this year) to listen to my new Flowmaster 40's. They sound great. One of these weekends I will take a ride to the Cape. :up: :burnout:

marauder307
04-06-2004, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=marauder307].

I'm gonna be in a loaner for Tuesday night. The vent door motor is audibly binding, and in order for the tech to get to it, he's gonna have to tear the dash apart and AOG the parts. All day job. So I'm gonna get a loaner GM Tuesday on my lunch break.

And bigger problems are looming. The curse of the early production models has reared its ugly head; my valves are tapping! Sure enough, cylinders 7 and 8 are making noise. It's not bad yet, but it'll get that way, and I tried talking to the Ford hotline this afternoon to see if they'd come up with even a silent recall on it. They gave the usual corporate runaround...oh no, this is the first we've heard of it, you should really take the car to the dealer. This after the dealer already looked at OASIS this afternoon and told me that there was nothing out there on the valves.

It's rank bull****, of course...I've lost track of how many folks on this site have cropped up valvetrain problems. I've also lost track of how many fixes there are for them, too....something about tighten the cam covers while filing an OASIS report, negotiating with Ford, and standing on your head at the same time? I dunno...

Can someone PM or email me with the ONE solution for fixing the @#$!@# valves?

[QUOTE]

Well, at the end of the day....

The driver's seat is fixed and not squeaking anymore.

The vent/blower door housing was found to have worked itself loose. Was lubed and retightened; no more binding from under the dash.

Watched the SW at the dealer fire up my car today to take it back for service...also watched a puff of thin black smoke come from the driver's side pipe...the SW is willing to help out, but he needs some kind of documentation.

Think I'm gonna talk to TTA197. He seems to have the clue.

marauder307
04-22-2004, 05:42 PM
Well...I guess the idea is dead. I haven't gotten any phone calls, any emails, nothing, from anybody, on when we should try to get together and do this as a group for the first time. So I'm gonna let the idea drop, unless I get some clear indications from folks that they actually want this...

In the meantime...I'll just use this forum to communicate with y'all and I'll still be around. Thinkin' about hitting the road Saturday night...lovess, djcwardog, anybody feel like meetin' up at the Home Depot?

djmcnary
04-22-2004, 07:42 PM
Hi guys,

I may be alittle far away, but is anyone from the Southern Illinois (Murphysboro) area? I am about 1 1/2 hr (well, maybe 1 hr on a good day :cool4: ) from St Louis.

I would be interested in meeting some of the local MM owners if possible.

I have had my new (to me) 300a '03 for a couple of weeks now....and am LOVING it.:banana2:

Anyway, let me know if anyone is close, or if you have any planned meets.

Thanks

Douglas

lovess
04-23-2004, 03:38 AM
Well...I guess the idea is dead. I haven't gotten any phone calls, any emails, nothing, from anybody, on when we should try to get together and do this as a group for the first time. So I'm gonna let the idea drop, unless I get some clear indications from folks that they actually want this...

In the meantime...I'll just use this forum to communicate with y'all and I'll still be around. Thinkin' about hitting the road Saturday night...lovess, djcwardog, anybody feel like meetin' up at the Home Depot?

Marauder307, Can't make it sat, getting ready for car show on sunday.A few of us from our club are going to the Rankin car show if you want to hang around.We are meeting at the Galleria parking lot in Brentwood at 9:30 Sun. Leaving at 9:45am. Here is a link with all the info. http://www.Stlsr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29954

Later, Rick :beer:

marauder307
05-08-2004, 10:23 PM
Hey, mystery Marauder with MO state plate 595 SKJ...saw you at the South County Target on Friday. Lookin' good man! :up: Drop us a line!

marauder307
05-28-2004, 05:11 PM
Anybody going to be out and about Sat. nite? May find myself roving around the South County Hooters/Home Depot lot....welcome to join me if yer out...

marauder307
05-30-2004, 10:50 AM
Anbody interested in getting their MMs included in the Hooters carshow on June 27th? The local franchise is sponsoring a series of shows every Sunday until that date...we already missed the Mustang show (it was May 7th); the ricers are out either next week or the week after (perfect time to crash a party! :shot: ). The show on the 27th is for Thunderbirds and Super Coupes; there's five categories of awards. The only two I remember are Best in Show and Hooter's Girl's Choice.

Anyway, it sure would be nice to rally the STL MMs and get ourselves noticed!

marauder307
05-31-2004, 06:37 PM
Went to the Fastlane Auto show in St. Charles today. Got a few pics for ya...! Couple of gratuitous shots of a Mach I and classic Lincoln...

No Marauder representation! 'Cept for me, of course...the self-proclaimed Marauder Ambassador of the Midwest. As I was getting ready to leave, another gentleman walked up and introduced himself. He'd picked up a leftover '03 (build date July '02) in December. We chatted for a bit; I clued him in to the quirks of the marque, showed 'im a few things. Gave him one of Slowpoke's get-out-of-jail-free cards to introduce him to the website. His name's Kelly, and he does automotive/aircraft interiors, so be nice to him folks...he might be able to hook us up!

Sunset Ford show is next Saturday, June 5th, at Sunset Ford, corner of Lindbergh and Gravois. Hope to see some of y'all there!

marauder307
07-20-2004, 03:55 PM
Look what showed up at Fastlane this past week! :up:

cruzer
07-21-2004, 09:49 PM
Hey folks, a group of 5 Marauders will be arriving in the KC area on Tuesday evening--we will be staying at the Blue Springs Quality Courts--plan to arrive late afternoon--will be leaving KC Wed. morning early--thru St Louis and then on to Indy. If anyone would like to meet up with us or join us in KC or STL, please PM me and I'll give you my Cell phone #. Rick, if you have a copy of the "fly-by " video at MV I, I sure would like a copy--let me know if this is possible. The convoy will be: NAVCHAP, fourthhorseman, teamrope, Buckwheat and myself---sure would like to see some of the gang--would add excitement to the trip--Let me know what you can do and we'll try to accomodate you :up: :banana: :beer: Maury

marauder307
07-22-2004, 02:29 PM
Hey folks, a group of 5 Marauders will be arriving in the KC area on Tuesday evening--we will be staying at the Blue Springs Quality Courts--plan to arrive late afternoon--will be leaving KC Wed. morning early--thru St Louis and then on to Indy. If anyone would like to meet up with us or join us in KC or STL, please PM me and I'll give you my Cell phone #. Rick, if you have a copy of the "fly-by " video at MV I, I sure would like a copy--let me know if this is possible. The convoy will be: NAVCHAP, fourthhorseman, teamrope, Buckwheat and myself---sure would like to see some of the gang--would add excitement to the trip--Let me know what you can do and we'll try to accomodate you :up: :banana: :beer: Maury

When do you guys figure on hittin' STL? Could be up for a quick meet...! If you're so inclined, let us here in STL know where you plan on stopping for a break, we'll come to you!

STLThunder
07-27-2004, 02:45 PM
Saw an MM in Clayton on Forsyth Blvd. last week. Was it any of the members here?

marauder307
07-27-2004, 04:37 PM
Saw an MM in Clayton on Forsyth Blvd. last week. Was it any of the members here?

Sorry man, not me...I'm usually over in the A-B Brewery/Lyons Park/Soulard area. Can be found on I-55 around 0645 or anytime after 1500. Also spend a lotta time on South Lindbergh/Telegraph Rd, with an occasional trip to Manchester/Des Peres area.

What was the license plate #? I've got LML's memorized...and he works at Sunset Ford, down at Gravois/Lindbergh...