PDA

View Full Version : July 15 Autocross in Colorado

3pedal
07-16-2012, 07:13 AM
I took the Marauder out yesterday to an Autocross hosted by the Top of the Rockies Corvette Club. It was run on a ramp at an airport east of Denver. I did ok and beat a few vettes. Could not touch the Z06s.

I think I need to invest in sway bars if I am going to keep doing this.

This is the 3rd run from the AM race, and the fastest I was in the morning. My first run I spun out :mad: I might post that one, just for fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_RfD_uwbIk

Vortech347
07-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Excellent. Nothing like throwin the big girl around corners.

Mr. Man
07-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Cool! Sounds like there was a lot of loose gravel or something on the track, sure that didn't help.

3pedal
07-16-2012, 02:37 PM
The gravel sounds is amazing. I put a digital audio recorder in the trunk, to try and get better sound without wind noise. I didn't hear any of that in the car, but you can sure hear it hitting the rear wheel wells.

The track did have a bunch of crap on it. I think I will blame that for my spin. I am sure it could not have been my driving. :D

cj7chris
07-16-2012, 05:01 PM
What camera did you use to record your runs? I've just started looking into cameras for recording the Marauder at the track and for 4-wheeling the Jeep.

GoPro seems to be the high end selection, but some or the $40 808 keychain cameras do a reasonable job.

3pedal
07-17-2012, 04:35 AM
What camera did you use to record your runs? I've just started looking into cameras for recording the Marauder at the track and for 4-wheeling the Jeep.

GoPro seems to be the high end selection, but some or the $40 808 keychain cameras do a reasonable job.

I used the original Go Pro HD camera. I hear the HD2 is a bit easier to use, with a better screen, but have not tried it yet. So far, I have been happy with mine.