PDA

View Full Version : Fitment.

Rockettman
07-18-2012, 09:09 AM
The TCE site shows "Braided Steel Lines" (I guess they used to be solid?).
Anyway...will the new Braided Lines fit stock calipers; or only the Wilwood upgrade?

fastblackmerc
07-18-2012, 09:18 AM
The TCE site shows "Braided Steel Lines" (I guess they used to be solid?).
Anyway...will the new Braided Lines fit stock calipers; or only the Wilwood upgrade?
The lines have always been braided SS and they only fit the OEM calipers.

If you get the Wilwood upgrade it comes with specific braided SS lines.

Braided SS lines = GOOD

Wilwood upgrade = BEST

martyo
07-18-2012, 09:33 AM
TCE's lines are a great way to upgrade the stock brakes. The change is significant and well worth the money.

Rockettman
07-18-2012, 10:00 AM
The lines have always been braided SS and they only fit the OEM calipers.

If you get the Wilwood upgrade it comes with specific braided SS lines.

Braided SS lines = GOOD

Wilwood upgrade = BEST

TCE's lines are a great way to upgrade the stock brakes. The change is significant and well worth the money.

Yah, I can't afford the whole Wilwood upgrade (as good as it sounds); but I figure, from what I've read, I'll look into the braided lines.
Thanks fellas.

MOTOWN
07-18-2012, 12:36 PM
The TCE kits also fits the BAER brake kit which is what i have

babbage
07-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Yah, I can't afford the whole Wilwood upgrade (as good as it sounds); but I figure, from what I've read, I'll look into the braided lines.
Thanks fellas.

Very good kit, I have them. Don't let the master run dry when you change them! (keep it topped off)

ctrlraven
07-18-2012, 01:54 PM
Make sure you take your time and match up each SS line to factory line.

Doing the SS lines will not increase your stopping power but it will increase the firmness of your brake pedal which allows less input from your foot to stop.

Todd TCE
07-21-2012, 07:52 AM
There are only two lengths 17 and 20". The instructions say what's what. All of which make it for a pretty simple install.

Recently asked about production of a "fifth line"- running from the body to the axle. While I've not put my hands on one of these it's not out of the question but they have often proved difficult to get at and more costly due to complicated end fittings. If someone would like to send me one as a sample we can talk about it.

Rockettman
08-09-2012, 05:26 AM
Will TCE ship to Canada?
How do the tax thing work then?

Todd TCE
08-10-2012, 06:57 AM
CANADA and elsewhere.
http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/policies/

Rockettman
08-10-2012, 07:21 AM
Just put my order through for the SS Brake lines.
Can't wait to put them in.

JoeBoomz
08-10-2012, 05:16 PM
$20 surcharge to Canada? Really? Bacon tax?

Todd TCE
08-10-2012, 08:03 PM
No bacon, just pain in the butt tax. More paperwork etc and depending upon where it goes; a drive to the PO.

I refuse to do UPS for all its hassles in fact.

Chi Stallion
08-10-2012, 08:45 PM
This looks like a good mod thats well worth the money. I will be ordering a kit soon Thanks!!