PDA

View Full Version : TCE News!

Todd TCE
07-22-2012, 02:40 PM
I'm happy to report there's some good news on the Marauder front:

1. The ever popular 13" kit has been reduced in price to $1529 in your choice of BLACK or RED powder coat standard. This due in part to some adjustments in pricing from Wilwood and other suppliers, cutting the price about $50.

2. The 14" front kit has been re-engineered with an all new 14 x 1.10" wide rotor that will allow us to not compromise wheel fit as was the case until now. This kit is now fit with the new FNSL6 caliper shown below. This caliper is actually a bit more wheel friendly (.120") than the current six found on the 13" kit.....making it a "should fit" without wheel spacer kit for the stock wheel! This new caliper can also be retro fit to current 13" kits to service those folks who may want to bump up in size. *Not calculated a conversion cost yet but it's not going to be cheap.

Working out the details of the new 14" kit now. Looking for a beta buyer who wants to go large. Let me know if this new kit tickles your fancy and I'll cut you a bit of a deal on one to get some test fit feedback.

The only 'bad' news is that I've had to bump the cost up on the rear kit. This kit is simply costing more money to produce today than ever before. Much of it comes from the need to special order rear calipers in both matching powder coat color and laser logos to pair with the front kits. *The 14" kit will have the newer bold Wilwood logo on it and we'll match it in the rear as well for anyone wishing to.

http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/images/FNSL6.jpg

http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/images/Forged_Narrow_Superlite_6_Radi al_Mt-lg.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o269/ToddTCE/Calipers/Narrow_Dynapro_Lug_Mount-lg.jpg

Spectragod
07-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Hmmmm, bigger brakes, depending on price, I may be interested.

DOOM
07-22-2012, 03:33 PM
Price for rear kit???

boatmangc
07-22-2012, 04:11 PM
I'm ready
Just talked to wifey today.
I'm kinda remote but I have a good machinist handy

Cougar_Marauder
07-22-2012, 04:14 PM
Is there any way to get them in blue?

Todd TCE
07-22-2012, 04:46 PM
No need for a machinist....

Black or Red.

fastblackmerc
07-22-2012, 05:07 PM
I'd be to be a test mule... depending on the price.

LJ on 24's
07-22-2012, 05:14 PM
I will order the new 14 in kit Monday if available.

Todd TCE
07-22-2012, 07:09 PM
The offer is on the table at 10% off the normal price. And includes ground UPS. (US)

Right now there are no rotors on the shelf for it, those will take a couple of weeks production time. The remaining items rounded up and test fit for verification as well. *This is not really something requiring a lot of test fit, it's a variant of the former, wider rotor kit that I was unable to offer before. I don't see or expect any issues at all.

Due to travel I'd say this is a ship date of Aug 17ish. In part due to my travels with the Pikes Peak race.

I'll put it out there for more than one sale: Open to all buyers through this coming Friday the 27th. Rotor order will go in the end of that day. Offer closed.

Anyone wanting 'in' on this can email me at toddandchris1@cox.net and I will send you an invoice to be paid (paid in full) between now and closing.

HBTMD
11-02-2012, 10:53 AM
No need for a machinist....

Black or Red.

Hi Todd

How soon can I expect those fancy new stainless steel brake lines I bought?
Best regards / Howard Terrell

Todd TCE
11-02-2012, 11:28 AM
All hoses on order left yesterday, including yours.

ctrlraven
11-02-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm happy to report there's some good news on the Marauder front:

1. The ever popular 13" kit has been reduced in price to $1529 in your choice of BLACK or RED powder coat standard. This due in part to some adjustments in pricing from Wilwood and other suppliers, cutting the price about $50.

Is red powder coating standard for $1529 or is it $125 more as it says on your site "Optional RED powder coat finish- ADD $125".

Todd TCE
11-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Ya know...that's a damn fine question. My plans were as stated; the black or red for the 13" kit would be the same. It stirred up a bit of a riff at Wilwood however.

Here's the honest deal: when you order a 13" kit for a Subaru WRX you get your choice of black or red calipers.

The same caliper is used on the Marauder kit. Seem simple enough. But when I go to the xl price sheet I'm showing an up charge for red for the caliper vs black. Called and asked how this can be? Caused some discussion that I'm not sure I have a firm answer for yet. Right now it's simply if I get it for the same price; you get it for the same. If I pay more; you pay more.

I'll put a bug in their ear on it again in fact.

Waiting to hear back.
Right now I can tell you that a 14" kit is the same price...

ctrlraven
11-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Ahh... makes sense, I am sure they sell more Subaru kits than do Marauder kits so over time it equals out to a profit for them when they sell enough kits.

Do you have any Stage 1 red caliper kits in stock?

Todd TCE
11-02-2012, 02:48 PM
I'd have to put a set of calipers on my next order, black or red to produce the kit. Kits are not 'stocked', only parts are stocked and used to produce a variety of kits. Normally build time is 7-10 days depending upon what's on the shelf.

I'm still working them tho...!

Loco1234
11-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Is this newest kit the Largest Kit avail for Marauder's now..?

I have approx 800RWHP now & only have cyro rotor & SS brake lines... Never changed calipers... Granted performance pads are used..

Joe Walsh
11-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Is this newest kit the Largest Kit avail for Marauder's now..?

I have approx 800RWHP now & only have cyro rotor & SS brake lines... Never changed calipers... Granted performance pads are used..

..............:eek:

You'll need some BIG AZZ brakes to rein in 800 RWHP!!!!

WhatsUpDOHC
11-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Yes. It's called a chute.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Todd TCE
11-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Impressive numbers. But honestly; hp doesn't equate fully to the need for bigger brakes directly. You could keep the stock brakes and do fine if you didn't exploit the power in places it wouldn't be necessary to be going so fast! But what fun would that be?

If you have the stock wheels as shown; the 14 would work only if you come to grips with some modest wheel spacers. If not, then 13s is it. On the other hand if you have 20s or larger there's nothing stopping you from doing a 16" kit on the front and a 14" kit on the rear....just like HP; how much do you want to spend?

Loco1234
11-02-2012, 05:53 PM
..............:eek:

You'll need some BIG AZZ brakes to rein in 800 RWHP!!!!

Yah Last time the Maruder got dyno well well over a year ago & it was 623RWHP on pump gas & that was with the old Vortec Supercharger.. Now have installed a new JT -Trim & a few other mods... Some include improved intercooling etc... SO the Dyno session is coming up but I expect a good 100+RWHP increase thus 800RWHP give or take.. Pump gas... in PA is 93 for Super... There are a few Sunoco's that offer 94 octane at the pump but I don't dyno tune to that...

Thus I have been planning once money is avail to order & install a big Arse brake upgrade... so curious if this new one is better than the previous 6 piston setup...

I run the 6 piston Wilwood setup on a 65 Ac cobra w/ a 427 SOHC "Cammer" motor (all AL) so I know they have stopping power... However I use a wide 6 piston setup...

Todd TCE
11-02-2012, 06:03 PM
... so curious if this new one is better than the previous 6 piston setup...

I run the 6 piston Wilwood setup on a 65 Ac cobra w/ a 427 SOHC "Cammer" motor (all AL) so I know they have stopping power... However I use a wide 6 piston setup...

Better in that it has 1" large diameter rotors. Won't mean shorter stopping distances, just more efficiency and more thermal mass. You won't clamp it as hard to get the same torque as it has more leverage.

The 'wider' comment I assume is the full 20mm pads for the BSL6 or FSL caliper etc. They don't make more torque (same piston sizes) just last longer and thus need deeper pistons to account for pad displacement. Not real wheel friendly is the usual problem.

If you planned to open track the car and beat the crap out of it for 30min sessions we could do a 14 x 1.25 rotor and W6A caliper. More rotor mass, more caliper mass, more pad mass, more money mass....and less wheel clearance.

I'll reiterate here if you're fairly new to the kits; the ass kicker for big brakes on this car is the wheel. There are many options for brakes but few that will fit behind the stock wheel. Reality is; pretty much nothing without some sort of small spacer at least.

ctrlraven
11-02-2012, 06:20 PM
I went out and bought another set of 18x8 wheels for winter use just so I'll be able to get a Wilwood kit very soon.

The Marauder wheel
Back Spacing: 6.295"
Offset: +50mm

The wheels I got are
Back Spacing: 6.2"
Offset: +44mm

There shouldn't be any issue with the new wheels as long as I use the provided spacer?

Todd TCE
11-02-2012, 06:30 PM
All about the 'pocket' clearance relative to the mount center. Back space, offset etc all effect that to a degree but spoke design can bury you in a heartbeat.

http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/images/Caliper_Clearance.png

Still have to have a bit more than 1 & 1/8" at roughly a 7" radius from center.

ctrlraven
11-02-2012, 09:03 PM
I went with a 2010 Mustang GT OE wheel
http://images.americanmuscle.com/is/image/Turn5/28253_icon?&$200thumb$

HBTMD
11-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the update on the steel lines.

I look forward to upgrading my MM soon.http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31 885&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1351922315 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31 885&d=1351922315)http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31 884&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1351922315 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31 884&d=1351922315)

HBTMD
11-04-2012, 07:47 AM
All hoses on order left yesterday, including yours.

Thanks Todd. My son got the SS Hoses yesterday at our Las Vegas home. :banana2:

Can't wait to hook these babies up. :beer:

71cyclone
11-05-2012, 05:42 AM
I went with a 2010 Mustang GT OE wheel
http://images.americanmuscle.com/is/image/Turn5/28253_icon?&$200thumb$

I like those :burnout:

Todd TCE
11-05-2012, 07:32 AM
Looking at the pdf or the Mustang kit and assuming the Wilwood factory kit clears this without a spacer....we use a shallower offset hat making the clearance less. But we also are talking about a narrower rotor too. (1.10 vs 1.25)

http://www.wilwood.com/PDF/DataSheets/ds521.pdf

My my math where they show a clearance need of .750" the Marauder application with that wheel would need only .625 making it a good fit. Still wouldn't hurt to find someone with a wheel and measure that back space relative to image I posted above. If you have an inch of room at a radius of 7 you should be golden.

Cobra25
01-18-2013, 08:51 PM
Any up dates on the front brake kits And the prices ?

Todd TCE
01-19-2013, 06:25 AM
Any up dates on the front brake kits And the prices ?

Nothing has changed on this end.

ctrlraven
01-19-2013, 11:18 AM
Looking at the pdf or the Mustang kit and assuming the Wilwood factory kit clears this without a spacer....we use a shallower offset hat making the clearance less. But we also are talking about a narrower rotor too. (1.10 vs 1.25)

http://www.wilwood.com/PDF/DataSheets/ds521.pdf

My my math where they show a clearance need of .750" the Marauder application with that wheel would need only .625 making it a good fit. Still wouldn't hurt to find someone with a wheel and measure that back space relative to image I posted above. If you have an inch of room at a radius of 7 you should be golden.
When DOOM brings his car back out from the winter we are going to test fit my winter wheel on his and see if it clears.

Todd TCE
01-19-2013, 06:40 PM
Someone cares to ship me a wheel I can do a shop mock up in little time.