PDA

View Full Version : What gives?

rookie1
02-18-2004, 04:55 AM
So I'm driving to the dealer yesterday(Capital in Matteson), had to stop for a couple errands first here in my little corner of Indiana and I notice a Cedar Lake Police unit following me pretty closely. I check my speed , knew I wasn't speeding, and after what feels like an eternity he pulls up alongside me with window down and says"Hey! How do you like that thing?" . Whew!

I get into IL and I'm on Sauk Trail when I notice another LEO on my tail, Sauk Village being notorius for speed traps I again feared the worst but my Valentine1 hadn't gone off. Deja Vu, he pulls along side and asks me the same question. Whew!

After an hour at the dealer I'm driving home on Governors hwy(50) and I notice a yet another LEO in Monee coming screaming out of a parking lot I had just passed and begin tailing me uncomfortably close. Sure as ***** the lights come on and he's pulling me over. This guy was an A$$! He walks up to my window and says "I noticed your car has a temp tag on it and wondered if you bought it out of state"(unless I missed something it's certainly not against the law to have a clearly visible temp tag in the window). After managing to get my heart back down out of my throat I answered him and he asked for my license. He takes a cursory look at it then starts asking me about the car, how do I like it, I was thinking about getting one, is it fast............blah blah blah. WHEW!

The first two guys didn't bother that much but I thought getting pulled over was a little much.

Bottom line: you guys gotta start driving your cars more.

mad man
02-18-2004, 05:03 AM
So I'm driving to the dealer yesterday(Capital in Matteson), had to stop for a couple errands first here in my little corner of Indiana and I notice a Cedar Lake Police unit following me pretty closely. I check my speed , knew I wasn't speeding, and after what feels like an eternity he pulls up alongside me with window down and says"Hey! How do you like that thing?" . Whew!

I get into IL and I'm on Sauk Trail when I notice another LEO on my tail, Sauk Village being notorius for speed traps I again feared the worst but my Valentine1 hadn't gone off. Deja Vu, he pulls along side and asks me the same question. Whew!

After an hour at the dealer I'm driving home on Governors hwy(50) and I notice a yet another LEO in Monee coming screaming out of a parking lot I had just passed and begin tailing me uncomfortably close. Sure as ***** the lights come on and he's pulling me over. This guy was an A$$! He walks up to my window and says "I noticed your car has a temp tag on it and wondered if you bought it out of state"(unless I missed something it's certainly not against the law to have a clearly visible temp tag in the window). After managing to get my heart back down out of my throat I answered him and he asked for my license. He takes a cursory look at it then starts asking me about the car, how do I like it, I was thinking about getting one, is it fast............blah blah blah. WHEW!

The first two guys didn't bother that much but I thought getting pulled over was a little much.

Bottom line: you guys gotta start driving your cars more.
Same thing happened to me last summer in a little town in alabama .But around here i see a few MM every week. :)

martyo
02-18-2004, 06:27 AM
Been there, done that, in Atlantic City, New Jersey. At about 6:00 a.m. It was a nice wake up call.

Bigdogjim
02-18-2004, 08:35 AM
Get used to it!

First weekend I had mine (9/02) I had to "race" the locals:)

schuvwj
02-18-2004, 09:11 AM
I am not surprised at all.

These guys spend hours every day in cars similar to ours.

Their curiosity to find out how our MM's run seems normal.

However three times in one day is really unusual!