PDA

View Full Version : Spring run

blue92
02-18-2004, 01:19 PM
So you guys can start some planning now. The spring run will be April 17th (the weekend after Easter) in Austin, Tx. The plan is to meet at the Oasis Restaurant on Lake Travis at 10am take pics of the cars and drivers, a lineup pic, a drivers meeting, and hand out maps of the cruise. Then we will do the cruise, a 170 mile loop around Lake Travis ending back at the Oasis for dinner. Then later that evening take a tour of the famous 6th of Austin, Tx. For the cruise you will need a FRS 2-way radio for communication between drivers on the cruise.

For those coming from out of town I will announce hotel arrangements closer to the run date.

:cool4: :banana2: :bounce:

chrish
02-22-2004, 08:24 PM
blue92 do you live in Austin or in the area? I live in round Rock and never see any other MM. I'm marking this information on my calender.

blue92
03-03-2004, 02:01 PM
blue92 do you live in Austin or in the area? I live in round Rock and never see any other MM. I'm marking this information on my calender.

Cool I'm looking forward to meeting you. I went to the Marauder meeting in Grapevine last Sat. and I think I may have gotten some of these DFW Marauder folks interested in coming down for the run as well.

:bounce: :banana:

blue92
03-05-2004, 01:52 PM
Ok it's time to start looking for a hotel in Austin. I need to know how many rooms we are going to need and how many nights you plan on staying. I know some of us are going to caravan down from DFW on Friday so we don't have to get up at the crack of dawn and drive like a maniac to get there (well we probably will drive like maniacs anyway). But I do know some do like driving down, up, or over Saturday morning and then may like to stay one night. So I need to start the list of who all is coming.

So far I have:

Marauders

Chris - Austin

If you plan on going please add your name to the list, plus if you need a room and for how many nights.

TIA

:bounce: :banana2:

blue92
03-29-2004, 10:28 PM
In just 3 weeks you guys can sho us SHO guys that your Marauders can out corner a SHO. It's gonig to be a great weekend of driving the twistys of the Austin hill country. See you there, well maybe I won't us SHOs will probably be way ahead of the Marauders.

:bounce: :banana:

cyclone03
03-30-2004, 07:24 PM
I'm hoping to drive up from the San Antonio area Saturday.

Local Austin guys:anybody ever hit the cruise right off of 35 near Round Rock?Sorry I don't know the name of the shopping center.

chrish
03-30-2004, 07:34 PM
cyclone03: I live in round rock, are you talking about the parking lot where Wataburger is? To my knowlodge that isn't there any more. Is there anotherone? An Outback steakhouse opened and took up all the space.

cyclone03
03-30-2004, 07:41 PM
cyclone03: I live in round rock, are you talking about the parking lot where Wataburger is? To my knowlodge that isn't there any more. Is there anotherone? An Outback steakhouse opened and took up all the space.

I think that was it.
But I thought it still happened Friday and/or Saturday night.

blue92
03-31-2004, 08:45 PM
I'm hoping to drive up from the San Antonio area Saturday.

Local Austin guys:anybody ever hit the cruise right off of 35 near Round Rock?Sorry I don't know the name of the shopping center.

Cool 2 Marauders for the run, lookin forward to meeting you guys. Wish we could get some from the DFW area to roll down for the run.

:banana: :bounce:

blue92
04-01-2004, 03:09 PM
cyclone03 there's some SHOs, and T-birds meeting up at the Forum on I-35 and 1604 at 8am and caravaning to the Oasis in Austin. If you would care to caravan up with these guys that would be cool.

:bounce: :bounce:

chrish
04-06-2004, 02:16 AM
cycloe03 I went by the parking lot saturday night & NO gearhead night. If you know any more on this let me know. I'd sure like to find out where it is if it still is. :depress: :depress: :depress: :depress:

blue92
04-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Attention k-mart shoppers just 9 days left.

:bounce: :bounce: :banana:

cyclone03
04-08-2004, 02:33 PM
cyclone03 there's some SHOs, and T-birds meeting up at the Forum on I-35 and 1604 at 8am and caravaning to the Oasis in Austin. If you would care to caravan up with these guys that would be cool.

:bounce: :bounce:
I'm still working on my Kitchen pass.The 17th IS my wifes birthday and so far she doesn't want to go to Austin.

I'm off 3009 so if I get the OK I'll be there.

blue92
04-11-2004, 12:24 PM
I'm still working on my Kitchen pass.The 17th IS my wifes birthday and so far she doesn't want to go to Austin.

I'm off 3009 so if I get the OK I'll be there.

Don't know if this will help but there will be several wifes/girlfriends coming with their men for the run. The women work well as radio/camera/navigators so the guys can concentrate on their driving. Fact there will be a girl coming from Corpus that will be driving her 97 SHO on the run. Also after the run we are planning to eat dinner at the Oasis then several of us plan to tour 6th St.

:cool: :up: