PDA

View Full Version : South Haven thread

Pops
08-07-2012, 05:32 AM
You will want to go to the beach on Friday night just before sunset. Walk the pier and see the Light house. It is also a great photo op to watch the sunset into the lake. Its 5 minutes from the motel and well worth the the ride.:cool:

Sherman Dairy is located next to the motel is famous for the ice cream they make! Get Pigs Dinner and see if you can eat it all!:eek:

Downtown has lots of cool shops to wander thru and many very cool items.

Good places to eat are Clementines downtown. They have everything from Burgers to full meals. Try the Lake Perch if you go. There is usually a wait to get in so get your name on the list and walk the town.
Phoenix Street Cafe is also down town and has great food. You can do breakfast lunch or dinner with them. They have great corn beef hash that is home made for breakfast!

Julia's at the Pavillion downtown is a great coffee shop. They also have a deli and a wine bar. Great pastries and coffee. Linda stops there a lot!

Captain Nemo's is also located downtown. This is were you will find me in the morning along with a lot of the locals. They open at 5:30 and you can have breakfast. Try the Captains Platter if you are hungry! They also do lunch and supper. The menu is sandwichs. They also serve Sherman's ice cream so get a cone to eat while you are wandering around town.

Joe's Bar is located downtown. Get a sandwich and have a beer or cocktail. Joe's has a huge following from the locals and the tourists.

If you are hungry for Italian food stop at Tello's downtown. Good food and wine here. This is a little more expensive but the food is very good.

Lakeside Lanes also has a bar and serves food. They have a good menu and do a good job on Pizza. They are on the edge of town and easy to get to.

All of these places are within 5 minutes of our motel. A Big Boy is also in front of the motel.

Sophia's Steak House is also close by. Good steaks but prices are not cheap. The food is very good!!!!!!

guspech750
08-07-2012, 05:38 AM
Thread is full of WIN!

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

MM03MOK
08-07-2012, 06:18 AM
^^^ What he said! ^^^

Mmmm .....corned beef hash!!

DOOM
08-07-2012, 06:19 AM
I was promised a midget strip club!!! :mad2:

Haggis
08-07-2012, 06:28 AM

That's what she said.

SC Cheesehead
08-07-2012, 06:57 AM

Not to worry, Doomie, I hear there's gonna be a minivan parked in the lot with the midgets in it, all you'll need to do is grab a cooler and your lawn chair.... ;)

Pops
08-07-2012, 07:02 AM

Might be one here Doomie but it is for Midgets only! THEY EVEN HAVE A LITTLE DOOR ON IT!!!!:mad2: