PDA

View Full Version : MV 10: GingerMan Raceway

MM03MOK
08-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Putting the info up front for our evening at GingerMan.

GingerMan's Rules and Regulations:

http://www.gingermanraceway.com/rules-and-regulations

For Parade Lap: no helmet or clothing requirements.

I would like everyone to attend the drivers meeting. It's a great introduction to performance road course driving, even if you're doing just the parade lap.

Gingerman does require helmets. Helmet must be SNELL or DOT approved and must be 2005 or newer. Josh from GingerMan said they have 3 or 4 helmets they can loan us. The Track instructor company may have more and I will ask. With some members driving in the advanced or intermediate groups, their helmets might be available as well. If you are borrowing a helmet, I suggest a headsock or a bandana be wore.

Long pants are required. Long sleeves are optional but suggested. Cotton strongly suggested. Closed toe tie shoes are required. No sandals or slip-on shoes.

Right now we have 15 registered for GingerMan: 11 Novice and 4 Intermediate

To make sure we have enough instructors, I strongly suggest you register ASAP and definitely by August 20. This will allow the driving school enough time to contact instructors and make arrangements.

Here's the instructor information:

http://www.cgimotorsports.com/school.html

Bradley G
08-07-2012, 01:21 PM
i'm in on the nakid parade laps^^^:banana:

SC Cheesehead
08-07-2012, 01:30 PM

^^^^^^ Yup! Pics or it didn't happen, right? :D

Curless
08-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Parade laps???? WTF???? Its not Thanksgiving Day is it??? Come on, lets fricken drive!!!!

I'm in for driving, its safer on a track than any where else.

Bluerauder
08-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Glad that I'm not the only one who noticed that. ;)

FastMerc
08-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Does anyone know how much a snell helmut cost?

MM03MOK
08-07-2012, 06:58 PM
While the track will allow short sleeve shirts, the fire-retardant racing jacket is a great idea.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/?keyword=single+layer+fire+jac ket&page=2

Green96
08-07-2012, 07:22 PM
OK, stupid question...it looks like multiple car are normally out on the track at a time. Will we be going out one at a time, or will there be multiple cars on the track?

Blown3.8
08-07-2012, 07:27 PM
OK, stupid question...it looks like multiple car are normally out on the track at a time. Will we be going out one at a time, or will there be multiple cars on the track?

Take a look at the first link Bunny posted the rules and regulations. I think that will answer your question.

MM03MOK
08-07-2012, 07:39 PM

There will be multiple cars on the track but there will be space between the cars. Not a concern. Single file - no running two abreast.

Here's the track layout:

http://www.gingermanraceway.com/track-layout

FastMerc
08-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Lets see no Head gear or flame jacket,Think I jumped the gun on doing this... :(

Curless
08-08-2012, 04:57 AM
So what if we catch the guy in front of us? Can we pass????? You know...rubbin's racin!!!!

Bradley G
08-08-2012, 05:00 AM
That will get you the boot! :D

So what if we catch the guy in front of us? Can we pass????? You know...rubbin's racin!!!!

Pops
08-08-2012, 05:16 AM
Lets see no Head gear or flame jacket,Think I jumped the gun on doing this... :(

The jacket is not required! There will be plenty of helmuts to use.

MM03MOK
08-16-2012, 05:50 AM
Because we need to arrange for in-car instructors for Novices ahead of time, we will be closing GingerMan registration on August 25. Do not delay in registering. This is a great opportunity to experience a road course and at your own pace. It's not a race, it's all about control and safety.

If you are Intermediate or Advanced and do not require in-car instruction, you may register up until the event.

Phil from CGI Motorsports says any DOT approved helmet will work for our activities for this event only. This would not be the case in most any other road course event.

DOOM
08-16-2012, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the info Mary! :up:

DOOM
08-16-2012, 08:40 AM

You dont need a jacket bro.

There should be enough helmets there. If not you can borrow mine. :beer:

Pops
08-16-2012, 09:09 AM
There should be enough helmets there. If not you can borrow mine. :beer:[/QUOTE]

Problem here Doomie as his head will be way to small!:flamer:

DOOM
08-16-2012, 09:32 AM
There should be enough helmets there. If not you can borrow mine. :beer:

Problem here Doomie as his head will be way to small!:flamer:[/QUOTE]

Ha ha it is to laugh!

stevengerard
08-16-2012, 12:07 PM
cars are let onto the course one at a time with distance between them, eventually some folks will catch up to others, the one in front needs to be aware of the cars catching them and allow those cars to pass. The cars that are passing must make sure the car they are passing is aware of them and signaled them to pass. So yes there will be more than one car on the track at once but it can be very safe as long as testosterone is in check and common sense/courtesy is used.

That's why they split the field up into novice, intermediate and expert. So everyone has a fun and safe time on the track. Many times I still go out with the novices, all depends on what car I am driving and who else shows up.

MM03MOK
08-22-2012, 06:16 AM
A reminder that if you plan to drive the track at GingerMan and take driving instruction, you need to register by this Saturday, August 25. The driving school needs time to arrange for and organize the instructors to meet our needs. They have been wonderful in helping to plan a great time. You won't be disappointed. If you're on the fence, Just Do It!!

MM03MOK
08-27-2012, 06:27 AM
Registration is closed for the Novice group. I'm excited to say we have 22 in that group! This is awesome!!

If you have previously taken classroom instruction at a road course, with a few track days under your belt and would be considered an Intermediate or Advanced, you can still sign up.