PDA

View Full Version : Marauderville moments..

Hack Goby
08-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Who was at MVII? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WniRKrvgrkk&feature=youtu.be

DOOM
08-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Hey hack did you get my pm's?

Hack Goby
08-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Hey hack did you get my pm's? Yep and a few more ta boot..

1 Bad Merc
08-08-2012, 12:54 PM
I was able to make MV II. Took runner up in the 14.0 class at the strip. Had a fantastic time checking out Kenny Brown and the car show with the Mercury club. Did not make Indy circle track run as I was late in trying to register and did not want to pay the higher fees plus I think I was indisposed (IE: Hungover!).

I remember alot of the Detroit guys were down and we had a friendly Chi town rivalry going with them at the strip. Barry AKA Cruztaker ran some incredible times with a non power added car. I beleive he was in the mid to high 13's.

Those are some great memories!!!!!

Bluerauder
08-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Who was at MVII?

Go ahead ... rub it in. :o Marauderville II (MV2) was the first one that I missed after finding the MM.Net. I wasn't an owner when "Marauder Round-Up" (MV1) happened in 2003.

I just couldn't make up my mind on attending MV2 in Indianapolis and driving 1,200 miles round trip to meet up with a bunch of folks I didn't know. What a mistake.

As MV2 unfolded, I recall Hack Goby's chronicles of the entire series of events in pics from check-in, to goodie bag inventory, to drag racing, IMOA participation, Indy Speedway and the awards raffle and presentations. I had to be content sitting at the computer, viewing photos and videos, and imagining all of the fun I was missing because I just couldn't make up my mind. I vowed right then and there not to miss another Marauderville if I could possibly make it.

Lots of familiar faces & cars in the MV2 pics ..... MM03MOK/Mary, JerseyGirl, NAVCHAP, teamrope, Murader03, Haggis, woaface, CRUZTAKER, bigslim, Zack, DR and many others. Some gone. Some still here.

Bigdogjim
08-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Yeah MV-II was a blast as are all Marauders's:up:

SC Cheesehead
08-08-2012, 05:36 PM
I see Haggis' younger cousin from the "old country" made it to MVII, too... ;)

Bradley G
08-08-2012, 05:47 PM
me me meee

Haggis
08-08-2012, 06:00 PM
I see Haggis' younger cousin from the "old country" made it to MVII, too... ;)

Why yes he did, I remember it well.

Hack Goby
08-08-2012, 06:21 PM
My Marauder only had 3K on it and I got to do a 5 car convoy with Jerry Barnes driving the Sema car,Dave Poppovich,and BigSlim,and MarauderMike.My first Marauderville and most remembered.We all got a lession on how far or cars had to go to keep up with the Impala crowd at the strip.

kirk
08-08-2012, 07:53 PM
I was there, but I didn't make your highlights. It was a great time. I've only been to two. Looking forward to my third.

BUCKWHEAT
08-08-2012, 08:03 PM
I was able to make MV II. Took runner up in the 14.0 class at the strip. Had a fantastic time checking out Kenne Bell and the car show with the Mercury club. Did not make Indy circle track run as I was late in trying to register and did not want to pay the higher fees plus I think I was indisposed (IE: Hungover!).

I remember alot of the Detroit guys were down and we had a friendly Chi town rivalry going with them at the strip. Barry AKA Cruztaker ran some incredible times with a non power added car. I beleive he was in the mid to high 13's.

Those are some great memories!!!!!
You are right. Indy track was a ball. Seeing all the black MMs in a long line was spectacular. Drag strip was fun=all us all the time. Loved it. I think you meant Kenny Brown. Had 65 MMs there as i recall.

Hack Goby
08-09-2012, 05:47 AM
..And the only Marauderville appearance of the "Night stalker" Marauder who I believe was the first to have a 4spd.It broke.

1 Bad Merc
08-09-2012, 10:43 AM
..And the only Marauderville appearance of the "Night stalker" Marauder who I believe was the first to have a 4spd.It broke.

Oops -Changed it. The car "Night Stalker" had a 5 speed in it and broke it half way down the track!

Zack and Mike lining up for the title between Chi/Detroit-Z man redlighting but beating Mike on the top end with a faster time/speed (really close) and the arguments continue :)

There was another classic White Castle Run at 4 AM after the hotel bar kicked us out! I still dont know how we missed the police roadblocks and lived to tell about it-some crazy shite!

IwantmyMMnow!
08-09-2012, 01:24 PM
There was another classic White Castle Run at 4 AM after the hotel bar kicked us out! I still dont know how we missed the police roadblocks and lived to tell about it-some crazy shite!

I take it you didn't drive down to the one in Louisville that isn't 24/7... ;)

1 Bad Merc
08-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Nope -Louisville has the distinction of the only White Castle that I know of that closes at 1 am! Really Weird -like time warp weird.....we did hit a certain club but I dont remember seeing the midgets.... just the twins :)

MM03MOK
08-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Nice job, Paul! IRP was my first time drag racing in Patches - 1.x KB Marauder S! What an experience....and I haven't stopped since!!

kirk
08-10-2012, 01:38 PM

Hey, my Marauder is the first with a 4-speed! Oh wait, you ment a last generation Marauder.