PDA

View Full Version : Ten (10) Reasons Why I Haven’t Registered for MV10 Yet

Bluerauder
08-13-2012, 04:27 AM
Ten (10) Reasons Why I Haven’t Registered for MV10 Yet

Registration Link here >>>> http://mv10.eventbrite.com/

1. I ALREADY BOOKED MY HOTEL ROOM

Booking your hotel room and registering for the MV10 events are two separate actions. The MV10 Planning Team worked hard to get very good rates at the MV10 host hotel. If you have already taken care of Step 1 to get a hotel room, that’s GREAT. Step 2 is registering for the events and chipping in some cash to help defray some of the costs associated with your attendance.

2. YOU HAVE TO REGISTER FOR MARAUDERVILLE X (MV10)?

Certainly, this is how the Planning Team figures out the headcounts for the various events and decides how much of the budget can be allocated to defray the costs of the events, admissions, etc. Right now they are working off estimates from the earlier polls tempered by past experience at prior Maraudervilles. As the date of the event draws closer, these budget estimates must be refined into specific numbers. Your MV10 registration extends that commitment to attend and goes a long way to reduce the guesswork.

3. I’LL WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE IN CASE SOMETHING COMES UP

You can certainly do that. But you will be taking your chances. By registering late, it places an extra burden on the Planning Team. The T-Shirts have to be ordered in the correct sizes and quantities at least 3-4 weeks before the event (i.e. by mid-August). If you haven’t put in your numbers and sizes for the order by then, you might just have to settle for what is left in the box. If they run out of certain sizes or quantities, that’s the way it goes. Same goes for all the other items like the goody bags, etc. MV budgets are usually very tight to minimize costs. That doesn’t leave a lot of room for “extras”.

4. WHAT IS THE REGISTRATION FOR?

The $65.00 per person registration fee covers admissions to events, car show awards, Banquet Dinner and Farewell Breakfast, T-Shirt per person and goodie bag. Registration includes admissions to Kalamazoo Air Zoo; Parade Lap at GingerMan Raceway; Maritime Museum and Tall Ship ride; McIntosh Orchards Cruise; Roscoe's Cruise; Sunday Farewell Breakfast; t-shirt; goodie bag. Trust me … all this is worth FAR MORE than $65.00 and is a real bargain by any measure. I have ALWAYS come home from Marauderville feeling that registration was a real deal.

5. PAYPAL AND ON-LINE PAYMENT MAKES ME A LITTLE SKITTISH

Thousands, if not Millions, of on-line credit card transactions occur every day. Payments are secure and information is confidential. It shouldn’t be a problem at all. Everyone does it. If you are still a little reluctant to pay on-line, then contact one of the Planning Team members by PM and arrange to send your check, cash or money order by mail or contact “MM03MOK” to make other arrangements. PayPal or credit card is quick and easy.

6. I VISITED THE MV10 REGISTRATION SITE AND IT LOOKS COMPLICATED

Bluerauder, SC Cheesehead, and even MERCMAN figured it out. So basically anybody can do it. Just put a number in each of the boxes for the number of persons in your party who are attending each of the events. Put in a number for the number of cars you are bringing to Gingerman (race training or spectating), to the Car Show and for the Michigan Maritime Museum and other events like Roscoe’s Cruise and dinner at Spectators. In the bigger box, list your “screenname” and your “real life” name and those of people in your party. This will be used for MV10 badges that will be issued to you when you check in on arrival at the host hotel. These badges are especially useful if you are a relative newcomer to MM.Net and maybe haven’t met a lot of people. Seeing the nametag will just help you put a face to a screenname.

7. I AM WAITING FOR THE NEXT PAYCHECK TO ARRIVE

Okay. We’ll be looking forward to seeing you post up your registration soon. Just don’t wait too long.

8. I AM WAITING JUST IN CASE I HAVE TO CANCEL OUT

Full refunds will be granted up until 1 September 2012 (less the PayPal fees). No refunds after 1 September 2012. Stuff has to be ordered in advance to make this work. So far the risk has been on the Planning Team. After 1 September, you will share some of that risk. This is not at all different from many events and vacation plans.

9. I THOUGHT I REGISTERED ALREADY

If in doubt, check with the planning team. If your state location doesn’t appear on the listing near the bottom of the registration page, you are probably NOT registered for the MV10 events. Unless you have made other arrangements with one of the members of the Planning Team or with MM03MOK, there’s a pretty good chance that YOU ARE NOT REGISTERED.

10. I AM WAITING TO SEE WHETHER THE WIFE, GIRLFRIEND, HUSBAND, BOYFRIEND OR FRIEND CAN COME TOO.

If you are definitely coming, get yourself registered and take care of at least that part. If someone wants to join you later, just put them in on a different registration under their own name. Get yourself on the list first and then “add” or “subtract” as necessary based on the circumstances.

HammerDown
08-13-2012, 05:55 AM
okay, okay.......................... ...........:(

hope to get it done in a day or two........................... ...

vkirkend
08-13-2012, 01:33 PM
I can't drive while taking the medicine for the back pain........This one is legitimite......

rayjay
08-13-2012, 01:44 PM
Uhm, house hunting in SC is more important? You get used to the medicine Vern.

wannaMM
08-13-2012, 01:46 PM
How about I wish I could be there....But Can't...:lol:

kernie
08-13-2012, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=Bluerauder;1207909]Ten (10) Reasons Why I Haven’t Registered for MV10 Yet

Because the OP doesn't like me and I would have to pass through spectragod's patrol area.

:eek:

SC Cheesehead
08-13-2012, 01:49 PM
[QUOTE=Bluerauder;1207909]Ten (10) Reasons Why I Haven’t Registered for MV10 Yet

Because the OP doesn't like me and I would have to pass through spectragod's patrol area.

Uhhhhhh, at MV we're all buds, not to worry...:coolman:

RacerX
08-13-2012, 01:50 PM
11. There are warrant(s) out in this state for you.

Not too worry! We can provide you with the obligatory disguise. We can put together a bail fund.
If there's a bounty out on you, we can always use it to get the biggest trophy made ever.

kernie
08-13-2012, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=kernie;1208062]

Uhhhhhh, at MV we're all buds, not to worry...:coolman:

Just kidding, :D, only room for one vacation, family comes first, no passport, perhaps sometime in the future as i plan on owning this gem of a car for a long time.

whitey
08-13-2012, 02:35 PM
#11.
not enough money. i wish i could, but im laid off again.....work is real slow and i refuse to kiss my boss's ass

DOOM
08-13-2012, 02:47 PM
we can always use it to get the biggest trophy made ever.

I'll be there!!! :drool:

Bluerauder
08-13-2012, 02:51 PM
I'll be there!!! :drool:

No MD shown in the registration list yet. Unless you are registering remotely as an MI resident. ;)

Spectragod
08-13-2012, 06:23 PM

Not my "patrol area", but I do know a network of people I could contact if need be. :D Just so you can "feel the love".:P

Shaijack
08-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Down to my last 30 million, don't want to over spend. LOL

Shaijack
08-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Can't decide on which one to bring.....

SC Cheesehead
08-14-2012, 05:55 AM
Can't decide on which one to bring.....

Showoff! ;) ------> :D

71cyclone
08-14-2012, 06:45 AM
That was an Excelent Sum UP [ Well understood ]

MM03MOK
08-16-2012, 05:50 AM
Because we need to arrange for in-car instructors for Novices ahead of time, we will be closing GingerMan registration on August 25. Do not delay in registering. This is a great opportunity to experience a road course and at your own pace. It's not a race, it's all about control and safety.

If you are Intermediate or Advanced and do not require in-car instruction, you may register up until the event.

Phil from CGI Motorsports says any DOT approved helmet will work for our activities for this event only. This would not be the case in most any other road course event.

Bluerauder
08-18-2012, 06:36 AM
Because we need to arrange for in-car instructors for Novices ahead of time, we will be closing GingerMan registration on August 25. Do not delay in registering.

TIME'S A WASTIN' ... still several folks who haven't gotten themselves registered yet.