PDA

View Full Version : MEET!!!!! Let's talk mid-west folks....

TUXrauder
08-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Okay, I thought I was gonna go to Todd's (Bodyman) house this weekend, been on vacation to Florida, got back and no meetings......

So, Todd says, this weekend we can still meet? I ask what would it take to start a MONTHLY meet!!!!

Ideas are as follows:
1:Monthly meets for some meal at a resturant. (get restuarant to either give us parking space or just wing it every time....
This option could move over the state!!!!

2:Quarterly meets in different areas... ( I would like to host a meet in Columbia mid-mo... ), Todd (bodyman) could handle St. Louis Area, KC, I met a few over there that could set something up there, Springfield come on boys...

Please someone chim in and lets come up with something, I see GA meeting monthly (makes me wanna schedule my trips so I can attend one). Never know, one of these events could turn into the next Marauderville..... (okay, I shoot high...)

MY 2 CENTS: Would love to meet for a brunch minimum this sat. Somewhere in Wentzville or close... that way interested partys in STL can meet, next month, wanna do a KC meet and I bet me and Todd would go so we can start "Rallying the troops" ..... next would be Springfield...

anyone else got 2 Cents worth?????

Roger (Tuxrauder!!!!)

1stMerc
08-22-2012, 05:00 PM
Now that i'm doing better, i'm up for more meets. Missed out on a lot this past 6-7 months.

The trick is to find a restaurant or eatery fairly loacated (and adequate parking) for everyone to attend.

Next find a date with enough lead time for people to plan they're schedules.

If enough interest, i would to have something at Nascar SpeedPark @ St. Louis Mills Mall. Fun for kids and adults. Plus we could gather at any of the eateries there in.

My 2 cents

capt512
08-22-2012, 05:15 PM
I am up for meets, I work some wierd hours so I don't know how many I can make, but im definetly interested, plus I will have some projector retrofit lights to show off next week :)

TUXrauder
08-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Now that i'm doing better, i'm up for more meets. Missed out on a lot this past 6-7 months.

The trick is to find a restaurant or eatery fairly loacated (and adequate parking) for everyone to attend.

Next find a date with enough lead time for people to plan they're schedules.

If enough interest, i would to have something at Nascar SpeedPark @ St. Louis Mills Mall. Fun for kids and adults. Plus we could gather at any of the eateries there in.

My 2 cents

NOW THATS WHAT I AM TALKIN BOUT!!!!!

1stmerc, St. Louis Mills Mall... sounds great, no clue where its at, but my Tom-tom will guide me....
Well I see a Steak and Shake, Long horn or a Bob Evans outside the mall...
the Long horn has a larger Parking lot that might allow us to park out a ways and block off some area....

Thoughts?

TUXrauder
08-22-2012, 05:33 PM
I am up for meets, I work some wierd hours so I don't know how many I can make, but im definetly interested, plus I will have some projector retrofit lights to show off next week :)

I am already jealous, one of my next mods... projector lights and LED interior lights....

so, after next week I want to meet you and your lights...

TUXrauder
08-22-2012, 05:43 PM
After this weekend (which I have left open, and So is Bodyman) I am helping girlfriend with weddings for the next 3 weekends....

SO, anyone avail Sat. for a Brunch???????

Wentzville area????? if we have to there is a Bob Evans on main drag and TONS of parking.....

Who is in????????????

TUXrauder
08-22-2012, 05:49 PM
BTW , I am heading to KC this Friday, anyone interested in Lunch? Got a visit in Raytown at 2:00.... so I will be East side of KC Friday around lunch.... We would enjoy lunch with anyone anywhere.....

I went to Jacksonville FL last week and met gotoguyFL (Mark) from just a post out here.... Mark, if you see this posts, enjoyed meeting you and hope you show in Nov. and especially in Feb. when we return for cousins 50th birthday.....

Hoping to make that kind of connection with MM friends in KC...

1stMerc
08-22-2012, 05:52 PM
I'm available for Saturday that is. Want to see that fancy paint job.

Just say where and time.

TUXrauder
08-22-2012, 05:59 PM
I'm available for Saturday that is. Want to see that fancy paint job.

Just say where and time.

LOL.... I have to clean car, took it out friday before left for vacation and it still is loaded with bugs.....

I will see if Todd is up for a brunch ..... that okay? 10:00 in Wentzville? we will find a place (bob Evans, IHOP, wherever...)

TUXrauder
08-22-2012, 06:08 PM
Gonna start a new Thread, but Sept 22nd..... In KC...

I dont care where or what time???? anyone wanna take this meet???

BODYMAN
08-22-2012, 07:22 PM
Iam up for anything on Saturday.Might want to do slightly later if Bob Evans in Wentzville They fill up pretty good. Start a new thread for what ever you wanna do & Ill PM folks on a list I have. Iam always up for something Iam almost at every event only 1 maybe 2 Ive missed in 4+yrs. So you can always count me in. A group of good people sitting around talking MM's theres only a few things better then that a couple of these things I cant mention.

On another note if the new track by me ever gets built (land owners next to track fighting) I have planned to do a huge yearly gathering were Ill have the track just for us for one of the days on a weekend, make it a whole weekend every year. Get a hotel who will work with us on good group rates. I know Zack will read this LOL dont worry wont be the super8 Ha,Ha Ive been trying to be patient for them to get it done so I can start planning something. Not to mention it will hopefully bring in some of the other folks from diff states.

TUXrauder
08-22-2012, 07:37 PM
this sounds like Marauderville MO....

I am definitely in on that one....

BUCKWHEAT
08-23-2012, 03:10 AM
Rats. I am in Hong Kong all weekend. Might be too far to drive. Oh well. Hope you guys can get together. I am always up for a simple hit-the-restaurant & chow down meeting.

TUXrauder
08-23-2012, 06:31 AM
Rats. I am in Hong Kong all weekend. Might be too far to drive. Oh well. Hope you guys can get together. I am always up for a simple hit-the-restaurant & chow down meeting.

Lets just move the event to Hong Kong???? Anyone know how long and costs to get there with Marauders? :cool4:

1stMerc
08-24-2012, 04:11 PM
Are we meetin tomorrow?

BODYMAN
08-24-2012, 04:41 PM
Are we meetin tomorrow?

Was just about to PM you Waymon! Yep 11:00 at bob evans Wentzville

1stMerc
08-24-2012, 05:15 PM
Was just about to PM you Waymon! Yep 11:00 at bob evans Wentzville

Yeah had just fell in from work.

Would that be here?

3001 Wentzville Parkway Wentzville, MO 63385

BODYMAN
08-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Yep Thats correct Waymon!! I can show ya what them 295-45-18's look like on non widen wheel

1stMerc
08-24-2012, 05:26 PM
Cool, see you there.