PDA

View Full Version : Ten (10) Reasons why I am going to MV10

Bluerauder
08-29-2012, 09:50 AM
Ten (10) Reasons Why I Will Be Attending Marauderville X (MV10)

1. THIS IS THE MILESTONE 10th ANNIVERSARY OF THE INTRODUCTION OF THE “2003-2004 MERCURY MARAUDER”

Need I say more??? This is a big deal. Be a part of history. The MERCURY BRAND is no more. It has gone the way of Pontiac, Plymouth, Studebaker, Packard, Hudson, Tucker, and countless other car brands that have faded into the archives of automobile history. You now own, drive and love a piece of this history. Who would have thought that this car would have developed such a strong following that continues to this day. I bet even the FORD MOTOR COMPANY is surprised by the dedication, devotion, and sheer affection that MM owners have for this car. This is your chance to show the gang at FoMoCo what it means to own one of these machines. Steve Babcock (Program Manager for the Mercury Marauder), Jerry Barnes (Trilogy Motorsports) and possibly Kenny Brown are planning to make an appearance during the events.

2. THE PEOPLE

The entire Mercury Marauder contingent is among the most welcoming and friendly groups you would ever want to meet. In less than 5 minutes, you will feel like you have known these folks forever. Maybe you already know them on the MM.Net. Now you’ll be able to match screennames with real people and it will make a world of difference in your MM.Net experience. This just happens at every event and everyone has fun. Bring along the wife, the husband, the boyfriend, girlfriend or your significant other. No one feels out of place at Marauderville. In fact, no one ever feels out of place at any Marauder event …. Regardless of size or location.

3. THE CARS

I estimate that this will be one of the largest gatherings of Mercury Marauders for several years. There is the potential to have at least 60+ MMs or more on site at the events. There are 58 registered right now. Saturday should be the biggest attendance day for folks who can only manage a one-day trip. If you have never seen a major turnout of your favorite car, you certainly don’t want to pass up an opportunity to be part of it. Attendance will be documented in hundreds, if not thousands, of photographs and videos capturing the action over the full 5 days beginning for some with their arrival on Wednesday and lasting until after breakfast on Sunday. There will be opportunities for a major photo shoot down near the South Haven Lighthouse and in front of the Michigan Maritime Museum during the car show and you’ll want to be part of it. It’ll be great to look at that photo later and say “Hey, there’s my car!!” instead of “Boy, I’m sorry I missed this one.”

4. THE FUN, EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES

There are lots of fun events and activities planned from 12-16 September 2012 in the South Haven, MI area. The Baymont Lighthouse Inn (formerly the Ramada) on Phoenix Road will be the host hotel and the base of operations for Marauderville X (MV10). There’s a tour of the Kalamazoo Air Zoo (Museum) with interactive flight simulators and a chance to fly aboard a Cesna-172 and lots of other fun aircraft related activities and 3-D experiences. This is followed by a trip to the Gingerman Raceway. Everyone gets to enjoy the “parade lap”. Others will get training for Novice, Intermediate and Advanced driving classes before heading out on the track for some spirited and challenging driving. Next is a visit to the Michigan Maritime Museum located at the South Haven inlet and marina. Here there will be an MM car show as well as an opportunity to sail on the “Friend’s Good Will” tall sailing ship. Pops will be on hand in his SeaRay “Heat Wave” to capture photos of the groups as they take the ship cruise. TMF's "ProRauder" and Pops' "T-Bolt" will make an appearance, too!!! How about "Roscoe's Car Cruise" through the Michigan countryside followed by a Pot Luck Bar-B-Que at the rally point? Buy some wine and cider at the McIntosh Orchards. Stop by the South Haven mayors house for evening enjoyment. Stroll on the beach and shores of Lake Michigan. Take pics of some of the most beautiful sunsets ever seen. Come to the awards banquet for the awards of MM.Net trophies for the car show & racing and of course the winning distribution of the raffle prizes and evening entertainment on site at the host hotel. Wrap up on Sunday with the Farewell Breakfast at the South Haven Yacht Club to say your sad farewells and “Good-Byes” until next time. I am excited about this just writing it up.

5. THE PLANNING TEAM

The idea for Marauderville X (MV10) was announced during the closeout activities during MV9 nearly a year ago. Folks have been clamoring for years to come back out to the Midwest area to allow greater participation beyond just the East Coast gang. Pops, Linda, Hack, Mary and others have been working hard for the past 11 months to make this Marauderville a memorable experience for everyone.

6. THE LOCATION

The South Haven area is located in south-western Michigan on the shores of Lake Michigan. It sports it own inlet to the lake, lighthouse for navigation, and marina/yacht club providing access to the lake for recreation and fishing. Across the lake Chicago, IL is about 80 miles to the south-west. Milwaukee, WI is about 100 miles north-west across the lake. The area is beautiful and there’s lots to see and do beyond MV10. South Haven is 198 miles from Indianapolis, IN. 181 miles from Detroit. 123 miles from Chicago (by road). 311 miles from Cleveland, OH. 390 miles from St. Louis, MO. 440 miles from Des Moines, IA. 666 miles from Washington, DC (Uh OH !!!!). 735 miles from Atlanta, GA. 744 miles from Charlotte, NC. 757 miles from New York City. 887 miles from Boston, MA using the northern route through Canada. And, 1053 miles from Dallas, TX. The point is that nearly 50% of all Marauders are within a good day’s drive to South Haven. And, as you will see, some of our MM.Net members drive much, much farther to be part of the fun.

It is understandable that this location may not be convenient for some of the members. Some folks just are not up to a 2 or even 3 day trip just to get to a Marauderville. If you would like a location closer to you or maybe even want to showcase your area for a future Marauderville, get together with your local club and try to set something up. Marauderville XI (MV11) will be here before you know it and it may be coming to a location near you.

7. MISSING MARAUDERVILLE II (MV2) IN INDIANAPOLIS IN 2004

I was a new-bee back in 2004 and I saw the notices for Marauderville II (MV2) in Indianapolis, IN. A highlight of this MV was laps around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. I just couldn’t make up my mind to drive 600 miles to meet up with folks I really didn’t know. Boy was that a mistake. No sooner were people checking into the hotel that year that pics were being posted of goody bags, full parking lots and activities. The event unfolded right here at my computer …. And I wasn’t there. I could have been; but sat on the fence too long. After that experience, I vowed never to miss another one if I could possibly make it. Don’t make the same mistake I did. If you can and you can swing it …. Just do it.

8. ITS 3 OR 4 (or 7 or 8) DAYS OFF OF WORK

I’ll be taking off from Tuesday through the following Monday. A whole week. A few days away from work is a good thing. If you are lucky like me, your company lets you accumulate vacation days and wants you to use them. This is just a great opportunity to do so. Even the boss needs to take some time off to recharge the batteries and blow some of the cobwebs out of the brain. You’ll come back fresher and better than ever. If your work schedule just won’t allow you to take off during this particular timeframe, that’s understandable.

9. IT’S A GREAT VACATION

The wife and I are looking forward to visiting this part of the country and seeing the sites. One perfect sunset over the lake with the MM in the background will make this trip worthwhile. With 50 MMs in the background will be Unbelievable. My wife has never been to that area of the good ole USA. Moreover, we both like staying in hotels and letting someone else make the beds and do the laundry. She looks forward to the experience and enjoys getting out of the house and seeing stuff and doing things. Eating out at restaurants and not have to fool with cooking and cleaning up is great. Its just the whole experience of doing something different in a different location that makes it an exciting vacation opportunity.

10. IT’S A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO MEET THE MM.NET PLAYERS

If you have been on the MM.Net for just months or even years and haven’t met up with folks in person, this is your chance. Marauderville X (MV10) will allow you to put faces to screennames and enhance your Forums experience. Maybe you’ve sat at the keyboard and sense that some people know each other better than just through the internet posting. You’re right … many of us do. Join the club and meet some real people.

11. THE PEOPLE

I already said this above; but it bears repeating. There is not another group of people that I would rather spend time with than my friends at MM.Net and Marauderville.

Visit the Marauderville 10 Update Forum for more information >>>> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130

DON'T DELAY !! GET YOURSELF REGISTERED ...... SOON !!!!

Bigdogjim
08-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Me I am going because school is starting and I figured I take off just when they need me to driver the bus:lol:

Really after September 2003 the FIRIST on in Ennis Tx. I only missed 2 (# 4 & 6)

Besides I need a ride in the marauder to set myself straight...................

Pops
08-29-2012, 10:21 AM
Very well done Charlie!:)

HammerDown
08-29-2012, 11:41 AM
Very well done Charlie!:)

Could not have said it better!!!

This will be our 5th Marauderville (we've been to #'s 5, 7, 8 & 9)

We've never been to Michigan, so really looking forward to the trip and to meet some more Marauder "peeps":banana:

Bluerauder
08-30-2012, 04:19 AM
Just in case you haven't heard ..... Marauderville X (MV10) is only 13 days away.

Marauder
08-30-2012, 04:34 AM
:D

I'm looking forward to it.

Bluerauder
08-30-2012, 10:31 AM
:D

I'm looking forward to it.

I was wondering who was coming from Pennsylvania. Now I know. ;)

Bluerauder
09-01-2012, 05:11 AM
Just in case you haven't heard ..... Marauderville X (MV10) is only 11 days away.

Bigdogjim
09-01-2012, 12:55 PM
I am so ready......................... ............

Curless
09-01-2012, 01:01 PM
The only reason I have....never been to one before!

MyBlackBeasts
09-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Ten (10) Reasons Why I Will Be Attending Marauderville X (MV10)

1. THIS IS THE MILESTONE 10th ANNIVERSARY OF THE INTRODUCTION OF THE “2003-2004 MERCURY MARAUDER”

Need I say more??? This is a big deal. Be a part of history. The MERCURY BRAND is no more. It has gone the way of Pontiac, Plymouth, Studebaker, Packard, Hudson, Tucker, and countless other car brands that have faded into the archives of automobile history. You now own, drive and love a piece of this history. Who would have thought that this car would have developed such a strong following that continues to this day. I bet even the FORD MOTOR COMPANY is surprised by the dedication, devotion, and sheer affection that MM owners have for this car. This is your chance to show the gang at FoMoCo what it means to own one of these machines. Steve Babcock (Program Manager for the Mercury Marauder), Jerry Barnes (Trilogy Motorsports) and possibly Kenny Brown are planning to make an appearance during the events.

2. THE PEOPLE

The entire Mercury Marauder contingent is among the most welcoming and friendly groups you would ever want to meet. In less than 5 minutes, you will feel like you have known these folks forever. Maybe you already know them on the MM.Net. Now you’ll be able to match screennames with real people and it will make a world of difference in your MM.Net experience. This just happens at every event and everyone has fun. Bring along the wife, the husband, the boyfriend, girlfriend or your significant other. No one feels out of place at Marauderville. In fact, no one ever feels out of place at any Marauder event …. Regardless of size or location.

3. THE CARS

I estimate that this will be one of the largest gatherings of Mercury Marauders for several years. There is the potential to have at least 60+ MMs or more on site at the events. There are 58 registered right now. Saturday should be the biggest attendance day for folks who can only manage a one-day trip. If you have never seen a major turnout of your favorite car, you certainly don’t want to pass up an opportunity to be part of it. Attendance will be documented in hundreds, if not thousands, of photographs and videos capturing the action over the full 5 days beginning for some with their arrival on Wednesday and lasting until after breakfast on Sunday. There will be opportunities for a major photo shoot down near the South Haven Lighthouse and in front of the Michigan Maritime Museum during the car show and you’ll want to be part of it. It’ll be great to look at that photo later and say “Hey, there’s my car!!” instead of “Boy, I’m sorry I missed this one.”

4. THE FUN, EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES

There are lots of fun events and activities planned from 12-16 September 2012 in the South Haven, MI area. The Baymont Lighthouse Inn (formerly the Ramada) on Phoenix Road will be the host hotel and the base of operations for Marauderville X (MV10). There’s a tour of the Kalamazoo Air Zoo (Museum) with interactive flight simulators and a chance to fly aboard a Cesna-172 and lots of other fun aircraft related activities and 3-D experiences. This is followed by a trip to the Gingerman Raceway. Everyone gets to enjoy the “parade lap”. Others will get training for Novice, Intermediate and Advanced driving classes before heading out on the track for some spirited and challenging driving. Next is a visit to the Michigan Maritime Museum located at the South Haven inlet and marina. Here there will be an MM car show as well as an opportunity to sail on the “Friend’s Good Will” tall sailing ship. Pops will be on hand in his SeaRay “Heat Wave” to capture photos of the groups as they take the ship cruise. TMF's "ProRauder" and Pops' "T-Bolt" will make an appearance, too!!! How about "Roscoe's Car Cruise" through the Michigan countryside followed by a Pot Luck Bar-B-Que at the rally point? Buy some wine and cider at the McIntosh Orchards. Stop by the South Haven mayors house for evening enjoyment. Stroll on the beach and shores of Lake Michigan. Take pics of some of the most beautiful sunsets ever seen. Come to the awards banquet for the awards of MM.Net trophies for the car show & racing and of course the winning distribution of the raffle prizes and evening entertainment on site at the host hotel. Wrap up on Sunday with the Farewell Breakfast at the South Haven Yacht Club to say your sad farewells and “Good-Byes” until next time. I am excited about this just writing it up.

5. THE PLANNING TEAM

The idea for Marauderville X (MV10) was announced during the closeout activities during MV9 nearly a year ago. Folks have been clamoring for years to come back out to the Midwest area to allow greater participation beyond just the East Coast gang. Pops, Linda, Hack, Mary and others have been working hard for the past 11 months to make this Marauderville a memorable experience for everyone.

6. THE LOCATION

The South Haven area is located in south-western Michigan on the shores of Lake Michigan. It sports it own inlet to the lake, lighthouse for navigation, and marina/yacht club providing access to the lake for recreation and fishing. Across the lake Chicago, IL is about 80 miles to the south-west. Milwaukee, WI is about 100 miles north-west across the lake. The area is beautiful and there’s lots to see and do beyond MV10. South Haven is 198 miles from Indianapolis, IN. 181 miles from Detroit. 123 miles from Chicago (by road). 311 miles from Cleveland, OH. 390 miles from St. Louis, MO. 440 miles from Des Moines, IA. 666 miles from Washington, DC (Uh OH !!!!). 735 miles from Atlanta, GA. 744 miles from Charlotte, NC. 757 miles from New York City. 887 miles from Boston, MA using the northern route through Canada. And, 1053 miles from Dallas, TX. The point is that nearly 50% of all Marauders are within a good day’s drive to South Haven. And, as you will see, some of our MM.Net members drive much, much farther to be part of the fun.

It is understandable that this location may not be convenient for some of the members. Some folks just are not up to a 2 or even 3 day trip just to get to a Marauderville. If you would like a location closer to you or maybe even want to showcase your area for a future Marauderville, get together with your local club and try to set something up. Marauderville XI (MV11) will be here before you know it and it may be coming to a location near you.

7. MISSING MARAUDERVILLE II (MV2) IN INDIANAPOLIS IN 2004

I was a new-bee back in 2004 and I saw the notices for Marauderville II (MV2) in Indianapolis, IN. A highlight of this MV was laps around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. I just couldn’t make up my mind to drive 600 miles to meet up with folks I really didn’t know. Boy was that a mistake. No sooner were people checking into the hotel that year that pics were being posted of goody bags, full parking lots and activities. The event unfolded right here at my computer …. And I wasn’t there. I could have been; but sat on the fence too long. After that experience, I vowed never to miss another one if I could possibly make it. Don’t make the same mistake I did. If you can and you can swing it …. Just do it.

8. ITS 3 OR 4 (or 7 or 8) DAYS OFF OF WORK

I’ll be taking off from Tuesday through the following Monday. A whole week. A few days away from work is a good thing. If you are lucky like me, your company lets you accumulate vacation days and wants you to use them. This is just a great opportunity to do so. Even the boss needs to take some time off to recharge the batteries and blow some of the cobwebs out of the brain. You’ll come back fresher and better than ever. If your work schedule just won’t allow you to take off during this particular timeframe, that’s understandable.

9. IT’S A GREAT VACATION

The wife and I are looking forward to visiting this part of the country and seeing the sites. One perfect sunset over the lake with the MM in the background will make this trip worthwhile. With 50 MMs in the background will be Unbelievable. My wife has never been to that area of the good ole USA. Moreover, we both like staying in hotels and letting someone else make the beds and do the laundry. She looks forward to the experience and enjoys getting out of the house and seeing stuff and doing things. Eating out at restaurants and not have to fool with cooking and cleaning up is great. Its just the whole experience of doing something different in a different location that makes it an exciting vacation opportunity.

10. IT’S A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO MEET THE MM.NET PLAYERS

If you have been on the MM.Net for just months or even years and haven’t met up with folks in person, this is your chance. Marauderville X (MV10) will allow you to put faces to screennames and enhance your Forums experience. Maybe you’ve sat at the keyboard and sense that some people know each other better than just through the internet posting. You’re right … many of us do. Join the club and meet some real people.

11. THE PEOPLE

I already said this above; but it bears repeating. There is not another group of people that I would rather spend time with than my friends at MM.Net and Marauderville.

Visit the Marauderville 10 Update Forum for more information >>>> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130

DON'T DELAY !! GET YOURSELF REGISTERED ...... SOON !!!!

All of the above!!! :banana:

SC Cheesehead
09-01-2012, 09:49 PM
All of the above!!! :banana:\

Plus, any Cheeseheads in attendance get free beer... :beer:

MyBlackBeasts
09-02-2012, 08:38 PM
\

Plus, any Cheeseheads in attendance get free beer... :beer:

WOW! I didn't know that! Can't wait! :banana: