PDA

View Full Version : Windows won't let down

Smalldogg/03mm
09-04-2012, 07:09 AM
As the title said, windows want let down. Bought a new control panel driver door still the driver and the pass door window want let down, backs are good any advice.. Thx

Antoine

capt512
09-04-2012, 07:37 AM
I had this problem for a while, if your windows were working fine otherwise, its a heat problem. Has to do with no lube in the tracks and the heat causing the windows to suction in there or something.

I would suggest banging on the door panel over and over while holding the down button, helping push the window down etc. Once it releases from the top it will be ok. Then after they come down you need to lube the track. I used Shin-Etsu to lube mine.

kmastl
09-04-2012, 08:09 AM
I have had a similar experience with the windows sticking. When you press the front window buttons can you see your lights dim / volt meter drop? Can you feel it trying to move the window? If you cannot I would go to the next step (after checking the fuse and grounds). Take the door panel off and apply 12v directly to the motor. While you are in there don't forget to check if there is current being sent to the motor.

myrodr
09-04-2012, 10:02 AM
i had this at times (high temp days) when car would cool at night they work fine. lube things up and i bump down switch on all windows (not enough to open just take pressure off motor) this works well for me.

Bluerauder
09-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Just replaced the passenger side window motor on mine. It finally gave up the ghost. I had the "window binding" issue long ago when the car was new and fixed it with lube. This time the motor was shot. Works great now.

fastblackmerc
09-04-2012, 04:21 PM
If the interior lights dim or the voltmeter moves when you manipulate the switches the motors are OK. If there is no dimming of the lights then the motors are bad... highly unlikely.

The motors are most likely "stuck". Try banging on the inside door panels(s) while pressing the switch(s) to make the window(s) go down.

I'd remove the door panels and lube the tracks and any other moving parts.

Smalldogg/03mm
09-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Thx everybody u guys are AMAZING!!!
I almost forgot lube the door with what??

Antoine

kmastl
09-05-2012, 08:14 PM
This would probably work ok.

Smalldogg/03mm
09-06-2012, 07:49 AM
This would probably work ok.
LMAO..:). U r crazy...

Antoine

capt512
09-06-2012, 07:49 AM
I used shin etsu grease in a syringe. You want to make sure it doesn't attract dirt and grime.