PDA

View Full Version : Passing Emissions Testing...

MarauderJim
09-30-2012, 06:33 PM
I have an 03 with a trilogy s/c, stainless works exhaust complete with headers, smaller pully on the s/c and bigger fuel injectors. I can't get the catalyst to report "ready" I also have an evap leak that can't be detected with the smoke test. I've changed the O2 sensors. Does anyone have any suggestions? Currently my catalyst & evap system are not ready. :confused:

03mmmonroe
09-30-2012, 06:51 PM
I have an 03 with a trilogy s/c, stainless works exhaust complete with headers, smaller pully on the s/c and bigger fuel injectors. I can't get the catalyst to report "ready" I also have an evap leak that can't be detected with the smoke test. I've changed the O2 sensors. Does anyone have any suggestions? Currently my catalyst & evap system are not ready. :confused:

The Catalyst and evap system need to have the monitors turned on in your tune. You have too many changes to your engine to install your stock tune file and drive for 250-300 miles to get your monitors to trip. Good luck you may want to give Lidio a call and have him check you tune file to see if he can turn the monitors on.

DWSTANG67
09-30-2012, 06:55 PM
hey Jim

First thing is your catalyst and evap turned on with your tune.

In jersey i have to load my stock tune reset the battery and perform the driving cycle procedure because the performance tune has some sensors shutoff.

heres the link with the driving cycle procedure.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=81258

justbob
09-30-2012, 07:51 PM
This seems to be a problem with most Trilogy's.. Call lideo or be prepared to get a new dyno tune for emissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RF Overlord
11-12-2012, 05:54 PM
in 2005 I drove to Michigan to have Lidio dyno-tune The Blackbird after installing the Trilogy kit locally. I just got its 2012 inspection done today and it passed with no problem. Neither the catalyst nor the evap is turned off, although the evap showed as incomplete. (In MA, you're allowed 1 inc monitor as long as it isn't the catalyst). I looked back at all the previous inspections and they show the same thing.

I don't think the OP's problem is necessarily a fault of Lidio's tuning.

justbob
11-15-2012, 05:36 AM
in 2005 I drove to Michigan to have Lidio dyno-tune The Blackbird after installing the Trilogy kit locally. I just got its 2012 inspection done today and it passed with no problem. Neither the catalyst nor the evap is turned off, although the evap showed as incomplete. (In MA, you're allowed 1 inc monitor as long as it isn't the catalyst). I looked back at all the previous inspections and they show the same thing.

I don't think the OP's problem is necessarily a fault of Lidio's tuning.

Could be Bob. I bet money there had been different tune versions over the years. Mine and many others had anywhere from just a couple to numerous monitors turned off in the tune it seems. Best thing the OP could do is invest a few bucks in a code reader that also checks OBD2 readiness monitors. It will help him for years to come on other vehicles anyways.
I highly recommend the Innova Equus model that I originally paid around $200, that can now be bought at Walmart of all places for like $75.00.... 😡
It has never let me down and having the readiness monitors is very handy and no more guessing if you are gonna pass or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RF Overlord
11-15-2012, 09:32 AM
I bet money there had been different tune versions over the years. Mine and many others had anywhere from just a couple to numerous monitors turned off in the tune it seems.I didn't think of that...
Best thing the OP could do is invest a few bucks in a code reader that also checks OBD2 readiness monitors. It will help him for years to come on other vehicles anyways.I agree for sure. I have an Actron I bought to read ABS codes and it has both a State OBD readiness, and a real-time drive-cycle monitor. I have found both very useful.

Chevyguy
11-23-2012, 06:47 AM
My 2011 vintage Lidio Flash tune had all the monitors shut off, got me sent to the Motorist assistance Center in Mass. All cleared up by returning to stock Mass has stepped up the game with new testing software the last few years, and they flagged me in 2011 but let me pass so I was already marked before even getting tested this year.

RF Overlord
11-26-2012, 09:09 AM
Tell me about it... :rolleyes:

Bunny's car has had the same (non-Lidio) tune since we bought it in 2007 and always passed. Then one year (IIRC 2010), the state's computer didn't like it. I think they finally decided that having every monitor "Not Supported" is the same thing as having more than one "Incomplete". Now she just reverts to stock a week before inspection and back to the tune right after.