PDA

View Full Version : Capitol Area Marauders

MAD-3R
02-23-2004, 11:24 AM
Ok guys,
The local ponyboys are taking their little cars to the track (Mason Dixion Dragway http://www.masondixondragway.com ) on March 27, and for a small cost of $20 before hand, or $30 at the gate, we can show them how to do it with Style. :)

http://www.northernvirginiamustangclu b.com

To sign up and get the info. The Wife is racing this year, so come out and cheer her on.

Ladyhawke
02-23-2004, 09:01 PM
Sounds good, MAD-3R. Unfortunately, Gordon has to work that weekend, but I will try to be there. Mason Dixon is about 15 minutes away from us. :banana:

Haggis
02-24-2004, 06:46 AM
Sounds good, MAD-3R. Unfortunately, Gordon has to work that weekend, but I will try to be there. Mason Dixon is about 15 minutes away from us. :banana:

I will be at work until 3-4 p.m. How long will you be there til? I could possible stop by afterwards if you are all still there.

Good Luck Tasha, smoke 'em. :burnout: :burnout:

MAD-3R
02-24-2004, 07:09 AM
I will be at work until 3-4 p.m. How long will you be there til? I could possible stop by afterwards if you are all still there.

Good Luck Tasha, smoke 'em. :burnout: :burnout:

We get there at 8am and run till 11 or 12.

merc
02-24-2004, 08:51 AM
Nothing like getting smoked by an 11 second corvette again, but that’s part of the fun. Watching Mad-3R defend his title, that’s priceless. Besides I have some new goodies up my sleeve that I would like to tryout. :pimp:

MAD-3R's Wife
03-01-2004, 04:46 PM
Well, I have made it official. I have signed up and paid to race on Saturday March 27th at the Mason-Dixon Dragway in Hagerstown, MD.

I have even thought about taking a trip down the track with him in the car with me. (That will play havoc with the mustangers minds.)

Now I just need to find someplace close to home to go and practice my launches so I don't embarras Phil at the strip.

MAD-3R
03-01-2004, 05:14 PM
Well, I have made it official. I have signed up and paid to race on Saturday March 27th at the Mason-Dixon Dragway in Hagerstown, MD.

I have even thought about taking a trip down the track with him in the car with me. (That will play havoc with the mustangers minds.)

Now I just need to find someplace close to home to go and practice my launches so I don't embarras Phil at the strip.

How could she embarras me? I'm married to a chick who "gets it."

JET
03-01-2004, 06:30 PM
How far is it from Philadelphia?

Haggis
03-01-2004, 07:19 PM
How far is it from Philadelphia?

Approx. 3 to 3.5 hours. Take I-95 South to I-695 (Baltimore Beltway) go west until junction with I-70. Take I-70 West to exit 32 Hagerstown (Route 40). Take 40 East about a mile or two track will be on your right. Put-put will be on the left.

Hope this helps.

Haggis
03-01-2004, 07:24 PM
...take Penn.Turnpike west to Route I-81 South to Route I-70 East to exit 32 and then route 40 East 1 to 2 miles, track on right.

Bluerauder
03-03-2004, 07:28 PM
Capitol Area Marauders,

I am new to the MM.net site; but am definitely interested in activities in the Northern Virginia area. Don't think I can make the Mason-Dixon Raceway event though.

Maybe we could make a rally showing in Richmond for the May NASCAR race. Any interest??

Tom Doan
03-20-2004, 07:56 AM
Ok guys,
The local ponyboys are taking their little cars to the track (Mason Dixion Dragway http://www.masondixondragway.com ) on March 27, and for a small cost of $20 before hand, or $30 at the gate, we can show them how to do it with Style. :)

http://www.northernvirginiamustangclu b.com

To sign up and get the info. The Wife is racing this year, so come out and cheer her on.

Hello to all, I'm Tom Doan, I live in the Silver Spring-Burtonsville area, I have a '03 300A, I got rid of my muscle cars because the kids are too big for the back seats, so I have switched to Ford and found the MM sedan. My computer skills are poor and slow so I am not much for replays to e-mail. My phone number is 301 633 8395, cell.I am in the process of doing the whole 9 yards to the car, the only thing different in mine is I have added a Snow Performance water injection unit and my transmission was done by Performance Automatic inc. in Gaithersburg Md. They are the top people in Ford AOD's this side of Art Carr in Texas.

MAD-3R
03-22-2004, 09:31 AM
Ok all, we have 3 or 4 marauders showing up already, though I think only 2 are running.

LadyHawk, steal the KB and lets show the ponies how things are done. :)

If you don't want to race, bring the cars and cheer on one of our own. It is a $5 spectator fee but it will be worth it.

merc
03-22-2004, 09:00 PM
Ok all, we have 3 or 4 marauders showing up already, though I think only 2 are running.

LadyHawk, steal the KB and lets show the ponies how things are done. :)

If you don't want to race, bring the cars and cheer on one of our own. It is a $5 spectator fee but it will be worth it.

That's right MAD-3R, two will be racing, but how many other Marauders will be showing up ? It will be a good day for racing and the weather looking like it will hold. :bandit:

MAD-3R
03-24-2004, 05:29 AM
Refreash.

Come on guys and gals.

Ladyhawke
03-25-2004, 07:47 PM
Hey Mad-3R and Merc! I still plan to come if the weather is okay. Looks like rain though. Please let me know what you are planning. Are you going to be there at 8 am or when?

If the weather is good, I'll be in the Marauder. I don't plan to do any runs since Gordon won't be able to be there.

merc
03-25-2004, 08:10 PM
Hey Mad-3R and Merc! I still plan to come if the weather is okay. Looks like rain though. Please let me know what you are planning. Are you going to be there at 8 am or when?

If the weather is good, I'll be in the Marauder. I don't plan to do any runs since Gordon won't be able to be there.

The weather does seem to be a problem Saturday Morning. I will be leaving 5:30 a.m. in the morning and crossing my fingers. I imagine that we may experience some delays, but conditions could improve quickly. :pimp:

MAD-3R's Wife
03-27-2004, 04:54 AM
Well Folks, It is official. The drag day was postponed due to rain in Hagerstown. :alone: As soon as we get word of the new day we will let you all know. Hope to see you there.

Haggis
03-27-2004, 08:25 AM
Well Folks, It is official. The drag day was postponed due to rain in Hagerstown. :alone: As soon as we get word of the new day we will let you all know. Hope to see you there.

WhoooHooo....Oh, sorry! I am just glad that maybe next time I will be able to make it!!

I'll go now, sorry it rained on your parade. WhooHoo!!

merc
03-27-2004, 08:03 PM
WhoooHooo....Oh, sorry! I am just glad that maybe next time I will be able to make it!!

I'll go now, sorry it rained on your parade. WhooHoo!!

Wow, Haggis you missed my perfect run and the world record time for any Natural aspired Marauder. I posted a scorching 12.99 seconds in the rain and then I woke up. :banana:

Ladyhawke
03-27-2004, 09:29 PM
Yes please let us know when it gets rescheduled and hopefully both Gordon and I can make it, even my niece was going to come today. She was very disappointed too that it got rained out.

Haggis
03-28-2004, 07:28 AM
Wow, Haggis you missed my perfect run and the world record time for any Natural aspired Marauder. I posted a scorching 12.99 seconds in the rain and then I woke up. :banana:

:lol: It happens to us all!

MAD-3R's Wife
04-08-2004, 01:12 PM
Hey everyone.

To let you know, the drag day has been rescheduled for April 24th. Same times, 8am to noon. Hope to see lots of MMs there. :burnout:

MAD-3R
04-23-2004, 09:38 AM
Weather is looking good!!

Come out and chear us on, or race, and lets show the Pony boys how it's done, With Style! :burnout: :burnout:

Haggis
04-23-2004, 09:42 AM
Weather is looking good!!

Come out and chear us on, or race, and lets show the Pony boys how it's done, With Style! :burnout: :burnout:

Wasn't that a movie "The Outsiders" or something like that???

merc
04-23-2004, 04:05 PM
Drag Day is a no go for me. I lost my OD today and she will go to the shop Saturday. Oh well, engine at 10, trans at 20. I nolonger question why it was slipping. :help:

Murader03
04-23-2004, 05:26 PM
Drag Day is a no go for me. I lost my OD today and she will go to the shop Saturday. Oh well, engine at 10, trans at 20. I nolonger question why it was slipping. :help:

Sorry to hear about your tranny. :bigcry: Guess I can look forward to this event soon. Car has 53K on it and getting the new engine now. Guess I'll spend some time and money with Dennis in June after all.

merc
04-23-2004, 05:48 PM
Pam informed me that it's bracket racing and you should bring your Lincoln Continental.

Merc: Hum, that’s an idea.
:rasta:

Haggis
04-23-2004, 07:29 PM

Sorry to hear the bad news there Merc, probably your C-clip came lose. Two CAM members in one week, maybe we pick up some Gremlins at one of the rest stops last Saturday.

Phil, Tasha are you two still going?

merc
04-23-2004, 07:52 PM
I was thinking about running it with only three gears since you leave the OD off at the strip anyway. The trip down to Mason Dixson will be very slow without OD if I make the trip.

MAD-3R's Wife
04-24-2004, 12:03 PM
Well, I have raced for the first time today. My first run ever I made 15.072 in the Quarter minle with a .942 reation time. My best run was at 14.239 with an r/t of .588.

I now understand "just one more run". The only problem I was starting to see was a lack of fuel and the track opened to regular people.

Oh well, maybe I'll break that 13 second barrier then next time I race.

MM03MOK
04-24-2004, 12:40 PM
Well, I have raced for the first time today. My first run ever I made 15.072 in the Quarter minle with a .942 reation time. My best run was at 14.239 with an r/t of .588. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/6/6_6_101.gif Tasha!! Way to go, Girl!!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/6/6_6_101.gif

Bluerauder
04-24-2004, 04:52 PM
Well, I have raced for the first time today. My first run ever I made 15.072 in the Quarter minle with a .942 reation time. My best run was at 14.239 with an r/t of .588.

I now understand "just one more run". The only problem I was starting to see was a lack of fuel and the track opened to regular people.

Tasha,

Nice runs. Sorry I didn't make it up to M-D today. My baby spent part of the day in the shop for her 10K service. Shave a little off the R/Ts and you'd already be in the 13s.

You should post your times in the Timeslip area --- :rock:

MAD-3R's Wife
04-25-2004, 07:31 AM
I will be posting my worst and best timeslips in the database as soon as I have some time tonight. (I'm helping a friend move the final stuff in his house today).

Haggis
04-26-2004, 09:15 AM

Nice runs Tasha. We overslepped Saturday and it was almost 11am by the time we got ready and did not check the cell phone until Sunday, our bust. It was such a beaytiful day too, I ended up trimming the hedges and yard work while Chris washed the rest of the vehicles. Oh well it needed to get done. Congrats again and keep showing 'em how it is done.