PDA

View Full Version : Kinda raced a silver Marauder in Dallas, Tx.

blue92
02-23-2004, 05:00 PM
Saturday night I kinda raced a silver Marauder going south on I-35 going onto loop 12, about 9:15pm. I came on 35 from Walnut Hill and whoever was driving the Marauder had to try to show me a thing or 2. Anyway I was the one in the green SHO. Sometime when your out Arlington way maybe we can hookup and really see who can hit 140 quickest.

:cool4: :banana2:

UAW 588
02-23-2004, 05:32 PM
Well my Silver Marauder was racing, but it was Thursday night about 9:15 p.m. And I was going north bound I-294 towards Cicero Ave. Some jerk in a Ram pickup kept on taunting me. First from the side and then from the rear, going about 85 mph. I couldn't resist, so I punched her and found his head lights in my rear view mirror becoming almost non-existed. By the time he was near nothing I was going 115 mph, and all this in about 10 seconds. Life is good. :burnout:

CRUZTAKER
02-23-2004, 05:34 PM
Sometime when your out Arlington way maybe we can hookup and really see who can hit 140 quickest. What will you be driving sir?....and please don't say a SHO:shake:

BTW: LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC!

Logan
02-23-2004, 06:32 PM
You're lucky it wasn't Black with a S/C sticker on the back there blue92... ;)

blue92
02-23-2004, 07:07 PM
What will you be driving sir?....and please don't say a SHO:shake:

What ya don't think a SHO will do 140? Both my SHOs do. Got a bud with a SC SHO runnin 18psi that does 190. We got a piece of highway we do testing on so you guys can come on over and have some fun.

:banana2: :bounce: :bounce:

CRUZTAKER
02-23-2004, 07:22 PM
Oh I had no question as to whether a SHO could do 140....it was more of question of how far behind me you want to do it. :P

Be realistic now, even with a s/c that motor doesn't have the woomf of the 4.6.
The only cars I have seen that do 190 are pro-stock and there is no comparison to the street stock cars we all drive.

I'll admit, I only tangled with a SHO once, sometime back in 1994. I assume they were new back then. I was on the way to Buffalo in my ex-wife's '88 POS Porsche 944 non-turbo and there was'nt even a fair chance on a long road.

You are too far away from me to show you first hand, perhaps you will come across Logan, or for that matter even old man Cruzer, and I am sure you will change your tune.

You are likely a top knotch guy, and this has nothing to do with individuals. The 'wrong wheel drive' taurus SHO just wasn't a big history maker.

TAF
02-23-2004, 08:59 PM
Now...if it was an SHO Sable:help:

I'd NEVER run it...

But a Taurus?? In a heatbeat...SC'd or not....cause the thing will shake apart into pieces past 110.:D

woaface
02-23-2004, 09:17 PM
In a heatbeat...SC'd or not....cause the thing will shake apart into pieces past 110.:DI thought the Marquis was going to do that earlier while I was coming down I-85 south from downtown G-ville. Just past 95 the window pillar on the drivers side starts to shiver.
There's a bolt loose somewhere!

The SHO motor is from Yamaha, the same company who does piano's right? :D

FordNut
02-23-2004, 09:18 PM

I'd NEVER run it...

But a Taurus?? In a heatbeat...SC'd or not....cause the thing will shake apart into pieces past 110.:D

Oh no, here comes another Sable thread...

blue92
02-23-2004, 10:07 PM
Oh I had no question as to whether a SHO could do 140....it was more of question of how far behind me you want to do it. :P

Be realistic now, even with a s/c that motor doesn't have the woomf of the 4.6.
The only cars I have seen that do 190 are pro-stock and there is no comparison to the street stock cars we all drive.

Hey I didn't come to this forum to start any crap, maybe you just don't know much about SHOs and I didn't come here to educate Marauder owners about SHOs.

With our FWD you guys no doubt can kill us from a dig, but from a 70mph punch it's a hole new ball game. The SHO was built for top end speed, I can cruse around in either one of my SHOs at 120mph all day long and only be turning 5700rpms (red line in a SHO is 8000rpm).

On highway runs our 2 local SC SHOs regularly toast 02-03 Cobras, 03 vetts, Lightings, LS1s, and Vipers. If someone could tell me how to post a pic I have a pic of Tony's speedometer pegged at 160 turning 5700rpms.

As far as a SHO beating a 4.6 Marauder I'd be happy to run anyone of you guys on the highway and we'll see. And for the boosted Marauder in Dallas I have a boosted SHO friend in Arlington that would love to have a go at ya.

Either way I'd like to meet all you Texas Marauder guys and hope we all can do and enjoy some driving events down here in Texas together. This past Jan. we enjoyed the company of one of your Marauder drivers from Corpus that came up and joined us at Motor Sport Ranch for a fun day of driving the road course out there, and we are working on another club day at MSR this coming June and would love to see a bunch of you guys out there with us for that event.

:banana2: :bounce: :bounce:

TAF
02-23-2004, 10:13 PM
Hey I didn't come to this forum to start any crap, maybe you just don't know much about SHOs and I didn't come here to educate Marauder owners about SHOs.

Naw...I didn't get that impression from this post that started the thread...

Sometime when your out Arlington way maybe we can hookup and really see who can hit 140 quickest. :cool4: :banana2:
And hey...you do drive a Ford...and it IS like our 'baby brother"...ya know the kind that talks a big game cause BIG brother's around to "clean things up" :lol:

blue92
02-23-2004, 10:30 PM

I'd NEVER run it...

That's why we're a bunch of fordbastards we SHOs are the Rodney Dangerfield of Ford Motor Company and all other Ford car clubs "we just don't get any respect".

:fire: :banana:

blue92
02-23-2004, 10:44 PM
Naw...I didn't get that impression from this post that started the thread...

And hey...you do drive a Ford...and it IS like our 'baby brother"...ya know the kind that talks a big game cause BIG brother's around to "clean things up" :lol:

Hey man I wasn't callin anyone out I was just saying we could have some fun finding out who could get to 140 the fastest, and nowhere did I say anything negative about your Marauders.

But now that you mention it you guys have the opportunity soon to prove a Marauder can out corner a SHO by showing up for the Spring Run in Austin, Tx. this coming April.

:cool4:

Bigdogjim
02-23-2004, 11:04 PM
Unbeliveable! The guy (blue 92) drops in to day hi and you guys "jump" him!!

prchrman
02-24-2004, 04:31 AM
I owned a 89 SHO and just sold it...it would toast my Marauder and both are stock and the SHO had 140,000 miles on it...from a dead stop or anywhere up the SHO was faster...at least the one I owned...it was a very comfortable fast car with more goodies than the Marauder...did not like the FWD but loved the car...no flames here Blue92...OTH I also believe the 4.6 has more potential for boosting and modding...

Racerx88
02-24-2004, 07:49 AM
.......Either way I'd like to meet all you Texas Marauder guys and hope we all can do and enjoy some driving events down here in Texas together..................
Come meet us at Chucks in Grapevine this next Saturday, Feb. 28 at 4pm. A lot ot us will be there. The more the merrier I always say!

:pimp: :up:

jfclancy
02-24-2004, 08:01 AM
Come meet us at Chucks in Grapevine this next Saturday, Feb. 28 at 4pm. A lot ot us will be there. The more the merrier I always say!

:pimp: :up: :beer: :beer:

Just A stock Marauder here and for what it is worth welcome to the site, look forward to meeting You Saturday if You can make it. :beer: :beer:

Joe Clancy

Logan
02-24-2004, 09:07 AM
Absolutely, I'll be at Chuck's this Saturday then the car will be on display at the Dallas Auto Show all next week... Ugh. :)

blue92
02-24-2004, 11:35 AM

:pimp: :up:

Sounds good I'll try and bring one of my boosted friends along as well.

:banana2: :bounce: :burnout:

Logan
02-24-2004, 12:30 PM
Cool! Look forward to meeting you guys!

SHOMurph
02-24-2004, 02:24 PM
Hola,

This is another SHO owner and friend of blue92.

I hope you guys can make it to some of our events. We love 4 door cars that haul booty. MSR is a blast and the fun runs are a great time.

I am boosted but unfortunately can' t make it this Saturday due to work. I do want to play sometime....especially with the boosted Marauder!! Fun! I'll try and make it to the next gathering.

Mike

muslhed
02-24-2004, 05:31 PM
I've got to jump in here and add my 2 cents regarding a SHO. I just traded in my 99 V-8 SHO for my Marauder, and I miss my SHO already. It had an unbelievable stock sound system, extremely comfortable interior, and had an amazing sounding 3.4L V-8 with Flowmasters! Buuuuuuuuut.....It was unreliable, constantly warped rotors, had some major cam issues that Ford conveniently ignored, and lastly but most importantly...nobody wanted to work on it! "OH, YOU'VE GOT A SHO??? HELL NO!!!"

I feel much more secure in my Marauder, and I feel that it can be modded far beyond a V-8 SHO. Marauders are also nowhere near as expensive to seriously mod, when compared to a V8 SHO. Now, as far as the 1st & 2nd Gen V-6 SHO's, they are sick fast, and can be made much faster.

My Marauder is faster than my old SHO in the 1/4 mile, but after that... I dunno. My SHO dropped 150 MPH pretty quick at a 90 MPH punch. My Marauder races up to 120 pretty quick as well, but then it shuts off. After I chip it, maybe I'll get a better feeling for the Marauder. Whoever comented on a SHO shaking to pieces past 110, has no idea what they are talking about. From all the vehicles I've ever driven at seriously high speed, the SHO has been one of the most stable feeling at speed. Literally feels like it's on rails!

You take a stock 1st gen SHO (1989 model), and pair it up to a Marauder in the quarter, and it is going to be close. They both run high to mid 14's stock. The third gen SHO ('96-'99) runs mid 15's stock. All SHO's sweet spot is certainly in the higher RPM, and doesn't really come alive until about 80+ MPH. So does a Marauder. Both are fast. I'm just saying don't discount a SHO as some trashy Japenese motored grandpa car. It will run!

Blue 92, Welcome to the board! I think it would be awesome to get some Marauder's and SHO's together sometime!

Jeremy

CRUZTAKER
02-24-2004, 06:15 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=leftblock vAlign=top width="50%">
This is the only stat list I could find on the SHO. Could one of the SHO owners point us to some stats on the super fast 15 year old SHO's? <TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#c5c5dc><TD class=leftblock colSpan=2>General <CENTER></CENTER></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Make</TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Ford</FONT></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Year</FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">1997</FONT></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Engine Location</FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Front</FONT></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Drive Type</FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Front Wheel</FONT></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Weight</FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">3600 lbs | 1633.0 kg.</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Gears</FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">4</FONT></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Transmission Type</STRONG></FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">automatic</FONT></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Final Drive</FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">3.77 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Price</FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">$30,000.00</FONT></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Skidpad</FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">NA</FONT></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Body Material</FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Steel unibody </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Steering</FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Rack and Pinion with Power Assit </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></STRONG></FONT>

</TD><TD class=leftblock vAlign=top width="50%"><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#c5c5dc><TD class=leftblock colSpan=2>Engine <CENTER></CENTER></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Cylinders</FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">8</FONT></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Engine Configuration</FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">V</FONT></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Aspiration/Induction</FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Normal</FONT></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Displacement</FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">3392 cc | 207 cu in. | 3.4 L.</FONT></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Valves</FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">32. 4 valves per cylinder.</FONT></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Valvetrain</FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">DOHC </FONT></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Horsepower</STRONG></FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">173.0 Kw / 235 HP @ 6100 RPM </FONT></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Torque</STRONG></FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">305.1 Nm / 225 Ft-lbs @ 4800 RPM </FONT></TD><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Bore</FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">3.2401 in | 82.3 mm. | 0.1 m.</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Stroke</FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">3.1301 in | 79.5 mm. | 0.1 m.</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Compression Ratio</FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">10.00:1 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftblock vAlign=top width="50%"><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#c5c5dc><TD class=leftblock colSpan=2>Performance <CENTER></CENTER></TD><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">0-60 mph</STRONG></FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">7.4 sec </FONT></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">1/4 Mile</STRONG></FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">15.4 </FONT></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Top Speed</FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">144 mph | 231.7 km/h</FONT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD><TD class=leftblock vAlign=top width="50%">
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftblock vAlign=top width="50%">
</TD><TD class=leftblock vAlign=top width="50%">
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftblock vAlign=top width="50%">
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#c5c5dc><TD class=leftblock colSpan=2>Tires <CENTER></CENTER></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Front Tire</FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">P225/55 ZR 16</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#efefef><TD class=leftblock width="50%">Rear Tire</FONT></TD><TD class=leftblock width="50%">P225/55 ZR 16</TD></TR></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=leftblock vAlign=top width="50%">
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=leftblock colSpan=2>With all these former SHO owners chiming in, now you all have me questioning my first opinion. Maybe I was wrong? I need to see some numbers on these first gens you speak of. They had more than 235 hp at the crank?
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

CRUZTAKER
02-24-2004, 06:22 PM
My bad, I didn't search hard enough. Problem is, now I'm really confused. Two less cylinders, similar HP....what's the secret?

<TABLE id=Table4 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=4 height=19>Engine</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=53>http://autotrader.com/img/blank_dot.gif

</TD><TD vAlign=top width=146><NOBR></NOBR>

</TD><TD vAlign=top width=345>Description</TD><TD vAlign=top width=76>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=53 bgColor=#e5e5e5>http://autotrader.com/img/blank_dot.gif

</TD><TD vAlign=top width=146 bgColor=#e5e5e5>

</TD><TD vAlign=top width=345 bgColor=#e5e5e5>Engine, 3.0L 6 Cylinder 220 hp Gas

<TABLE id=Table5 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><COLGROUP><COL width=10><COL width=283></COLGROUP><TBODY><TR><TD width=10>http://autotrader.com/img/blank_dot.gif

</TD><TD width=283>* Cylinder Number: 6

* Valves per Cylinder: 0
* Cylinder Configuration: Vee
* Compression Ratio: 0
* Camshaft: DOHC
* Engine Size: 3.0
* Engine Type: Gas
* Coolant Capacity: 0
* Oil Capacity: 0
* Stroke: 3.15
* Bore: 3.5
* Horsepower: 220 @ 6200rpm
* Torque: 200 @ 4800rpm
* Fuel Capacity: 18.6
* Fuel Type: Unleaded Premium
* Fuel Delivery Type: Multi-Port Fuel Injection
* Fuel Delivery: Multi-Port Fuel Injection

</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=76 bgColor=#e5e5e5>

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4>http://autotrader.com/img/blank_dot.gif

TAF
02-24-2004, 06:28 PM
Whoever comented on a SHO shaking to pieces past 110, has no idea what they are talking about. From all the vehicles I've ever driven at seriously high speed, the SHO has been one of the most stable feeling at speed. Literally feels like it's on rails!
Uh...that was me...I was a driver of what the SHO folks call a Gen II back in '91 & '92. I say driver cause it was a company car, all reps got Taurus vehicles...the top Rep got an SHO. So I had one for 2 years...drove it ALL over Texas from the Valley to Big Spring to to Texarkana. Fast car, yes. Fun to drive, yes. But on those back, flat roads in Texas...where I had LOTS of chances to lay it out...it rattled like a :censor: at top speeds.

I then got promoted to Regional Manager and started getting Crown Vics. No comparison to the "road-holding" abilities at high speeds for the Panther cars vs. the Taurus SHO. Haven't looked back since.

I've also had the opportunity to drive a '96 Gen III on several occasions, which is owned by a good friend of mine...nice car as well...but, I'd still not compare it to what I drive.

No disrespect to the SHO...drove one myself...but "ol Blue kinda threw out a little challenge to 140 MPH...I'm N/A...and I'll take that challenge from ANY N/A Taurus.

Y'all get together with the Marauder folks...you'll have fun. :up:

Bigdogjim
02-24-2004, 06:31 PM
Barry I am glad you looked into it.

SHO's were the sleeper of the day.....

Yamaha built the engine for Ford:)

Motorcycle Company not the piano company:)

CRUZTAKER
02-24-2004, 06:48 PM
I spent the last few hours killing time surfing the SHO forums and sites. I even found videos of SHO races and videos at various tracks. They seem to race alot of ricer cars...and win. The few shots of SHO's up against camaros and vettes were ridiculous. Was unable to find any that did 1/4 mile runs under 15.1, but did find a few that had strapped on s/c's. No numbers on those.

It's still Ford American muscle though, so kudos to all, and keep modding those bad boys. I am officially enlightened, and will no longer ruffle your feathers. Hope to see one at the track this summer, I'll bring my video.

muslhed
02-24-2004, 07:08 PM
Maybe I spoke outta line there, because I can really only speak for the 3rd gen SHO's. Maybe the 1st & 2nd gen SHO's did rattle like hell. I never owned one of those.

As far as running a boosted & heavily modded 1st Gen SHO against a boosted & heavily modded Marauder like Logan's....I'd just luuuuuuuv to see that! That would be awesome!

Jeremy

SHOMurph
02-24-2004, 07:09 PM
1/4 times for our cars are horrible. These cars are great from the roll. I've only been to the track once with my SC. First run I bogged the motor badly at the line and only ran a 15.0 at 110mph. The next run I snapped an axle...done for the night. This was with my old mods at 394hp/311tq. I'm currently at 442hp/340tq but have added other mods since.

I'm looking forward to running soon...just have to bring lotsa extra axles.

blue92
02-24-2004, 07:55 PM
My bad, I didn't search hard enough. Problem is, now I'm really confused. Two less cylinders, similar HP....what's the secret?

The secret of the V6 is it's pure Yamaha while the V8 SHOs only the top half of the engine is Yamaha. That is also why the V8s weren't reliable, the Ford engineering on the bottom half of the engine isn't equal to the pure Yamaha engineering of the V6.

As far as handling for about $500 bucks you can beef up the suspension, then for another $400 put on some z rated tires on then a SHO will corner on a dime.

Hey TAF the SHO you drove was it an automatic? Tell ya what TAF we have the Spring Run coming up the 17th of April in Austin,Tx. I'll bet you a 200 bucks you and your Marauder can't keep up with Sergio and his stock SHO in the twistys. The Spring run has the best twistys in the state of Texas. Plus if you sho up for the Spring run you'll have your chance to see which one of us can get to 140 quickest :burnout:.

:banana2: :bounce: :burnout:

MMdriver03
02-24-2004, 08:04 PM
I'm currently at 442hp/340tq but have added other mods since.

I'm looking forward to running soon...just have to bring lotsa extra axles.
:uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :burnout: .............................. ......... .................... J/K sounds cool :cool:

SHOMurph
02-24-2004, 08:16 PM
Hope the Texas guys can make it out to the FordBastards meetings. We do have a blast.

Later, Murph

muslhed
02-24-2004, 08:29 PM
Thank you for ignoring that ridiculously absurd post. I'm going to completely refrain from making any comment to this individual. Anger management is at work!!! I look forward to meeting any other automotive enthusiast that enjoys building their uncommon 4 door family sports cars! Have a good evening!

Jeremy

Logan
02-24-2004, 08:49 PM
WTF?! This website is open to all, not just Mercury Marauder owners. Give the bull**** a rest. I've got no problem with a fellow Ford owner who's got an interest in the Marauder hanging out here, last I checked, owning a marauder wasn't a requirement to hang out here.

So, drop the attitude's and get back to being the mature automotive enthusiasts I know you can be. The SHO owners stopping by don't deserve the attitude and to be frank, you make US look bad by behaving like children. If you don't like the thread, don't friggin look at it. Yeesh.

My apologies to the SHO fella's stoppin' in for the piss poor reception received by some of our membership. You're just as welcome to tune in here as anyone else is.

Now, back to the topic at hand...

TAF
02-24-2004, 09:26 PM
I didn't read the posts that were deleted...so...I'll play nice Logan....*TAF biting lip as he types*

Hey TAF the SHO you drove was it an automatic?5 speed manual

Tell ya what TAF we have the Spring Run coming up the 17th of April in Austin,Tx. I'll bet you a 200 bucks you and your Marauder can't keep up with Sergio and his stock SHO in the twistys. The Spring run has the best twistys in the state of Texas. Plus if you sho up for the Spring run you'll have your chance to see which one of us can get to 140 quickest Let's see...a whole $200 to drive all the way out to Austin, Texas to prove how 15 years in advancement of handling technology, an additional 150 HP in RWHP and a 4.6L V-8 is superior to a V-6 or a 3L V-8....

:lol::lol::lol: somebody stop the maddness :lol::lol::lol:

Look boys...I won't come at you mean-like....and like I said, you do drive Ford products which is a good thing...but, man...I think I said it best above...

... it (the SHO) IS like our 'baby brother"...ya know the kind that talks a big game cause BIG brother's around to "clean things up"

SHOMurph
02-24-2004, 09:43 PM
Thank you for ignoring that ridiculously absurd post. I'm going to completely refrain from making any comment to this individual. Anger management is at work!!! I look forward to meeting any other automotive enthusiast that enjoys building their uncommon 4 door family sports cars! Have a good evening!

Jeremy
Cool Mr. Jeremy...you live in my old stomping grounds. I beez from Kilgore but hung out many a night on highway 80.

TAF Don (blue 92) is teasing you only....trying to get some of the guys to come on down for a friendly run in Austin. Lotsa of great twisites around Lake Travis. Its a good time and we hit 6th street later that night after the run for some glug glug glug and sight seeing. We've been doing the run for years and its good car fun.

Murph

TAF
02-24-2004, 09:48 PM
TAF Don (blue 92) is teasing you only....trying to get some of the guys to come on down for a friendly run in Austin. Lotsa of great twisites around Lake Travis. Its a good time and we hit 6th street later that night after the run for some glug glug glug and sight seeing. We've been doing the run for years and its good car fun.

Murph
Been there (twisties around Lake Travis and ALL over the hill country) as well as 6th Street :puke: sorry...one too many music fests on 6th street. I LOVE the Austin area...

If y'all are ever headed THIS way...we've got some of the twistiest, twisties you've ever dreamed of just north of us...
www.tailofthedragon.com (http://www.tailofthedragon.com)

blue92
02-25-2004, 12:34 AM
If y'all are ever headed THIS way...we've got some of the twistiest, twisties you've ever dreamed of just north of us...
www.tailofthedragon.com (http://www.tailofthedragon.com)

Cool Todd the pics remind me of our 270 mile Fall run we do down in Bandera. I'm guessin you've biked down the scenic routes around Bandera. Lots of twistys, cliffs, one lane water crossings, and cattle grades on that run. We just did our winter run last Jan. 260 miles of windy, twistys around Possum Kingdom Lake. Maybe someday you'll be able to take a road trip back over here to our little lone star state and take the Bandera run with us.

:banana: :bounce: :cool:

89VERT
02-25-2004, 12:58 AM
I traded a 95 ATX SHO in on my MM and I can tell you there is no comparison.

The MM sounds better ( especially when my right foot is firmly planted on the carpet), looks better and best of all goes better.
My SHO was a good car but the technology , with the exception of the engine is dated and the FWD deal doesn't do it for me .

Now , as for pitting a S/C MM against a S/C SHO ... I'd pay to watch that contest . It'd definitely be interesting !

Logan
02-25-2004, 05:30 AM
Unless it's running low 12's, it's kinda a pre-determined outcome.

TAF
02-25-2004, 06:32 AM
Cool Todd the pics remind me of our 270 mile Fall run we do down in Bandera. I'm guessin you've biked down the scenic routes around Bandera. Lots of twistys, cliffs, one lane water crossings, and cattle grades on that run. We just did our winter run last Jan. 260 miles of windy, twistys around Possum Kingdom Lake. Maybe someday you'll be able to take a road trip back over here to our little lone star state and take the Bandera run with us
For 4 years, every Saturday morning...I met my buddies at a parking lot in Leon Valley and we drove up to the Flying L Ranch to play golf. I always drove (company car, company gas) in the SHO then the CVs. I know those roads around there pretty well.

The Hill Country of Texas is a truely beautiful place!:up:

I hope you guys get some Marauders out to one of your events...and I hope folks aren't shy about tossing keys...if you ever get to the A-T-L...you can have mine.

SHOMurph
02-25-2004, 06:39 AM
Unless it's running low 12's, it's kinda a pre-determined outcome.
ahhhh a challenge! I love it! Anything can happen on the street!!!

VRRROOOMMM!!!

MAD-3R
02-25-2004, 07:19 AM

VRRROOOMMM!!!
:nono: :nono:
Racing on the street is a BIG :nono: Tracks are much safer and cheaper.

Logan
02-25-2004, 09:35 AM
Precisely why the street isn't a race track. I like my life, love my kids too. Which is the reason I play at the track exclusively. Safer environment, for everyone.

VRRROOOMMM!!!

SHOMurph
02-25-2004, 09:54 AM
Precisely why the street isn't a race track. I like my life, love my kids too. Which is the reason I play at the track exclusively. Safer environment, for everyone.

Edit: Ahhhhhh I love a challenge. Anything can happen on the track!

VRRRROOOMMMMMM!!!

But if you pull next to me and there is a clear shot with no traffic or side roads.....VROOOMMMM!!!

Please no speeches.

Haggis
02-25-2004, 10:03 AM
Please no speeches.

"Four score and seven years ago, our fore fathers...."

or

"Never have so few given so much...."

or

"Cry havoc and let lose the Dogs of War...."

or

"Do you feel luck punk, well do ya...."

or