PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Bulb Repair

fastblackmerc
10-15-2012, 09:53 AM
Is your headlight switch indicator bulb out?

I can repair it for you.

I replace the high heat incandescent bulb with a nice new green LED. Runs much much cooler and will outlast the incandescent.

You can send me the headlight switch or just the socket.

Cost:

$15.00 if you send me the socket.

$20.00 if you send me the entire switch (more postage to ship the switch back to you).

Before anyone asks..... I can't not change the color of the light that shines through the switch.

I accept cash, check, money order or PayPal.

SID210SA
10-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Did you get mine?

fastblackmerc
10-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Did you get mine?

Yes, repair is done, have to test it. Should be on it's way back to you tomorrow.

Yours was the 2nd one I've done.... just wanted to make sure I could replicate what I did to mine.

ctrlraven
10-15-2012, 12:08 PM
You say socket... meaning the little white piece that had the bulb in it?

88LTDCV351
10-15-2012, 12:11 PM
My headlight switch never lighted up when the lights were on since I got the car used in early 2006. For the longest time I figured it was just made that way. Until I read here a number of years ago that there was a bulb behind there that is notorious for burning out. So how do we remove the switch in the first place to get at this to send you for the repair?

fastblackmerc
10-15-2012, 12:14 PM
You say socket... meaning the little white piece that had the bulb in it?

You Sir are correct!

Stick it in a small padded envelope.

fastblackmerc
10-15-2012, 12:25 PM
My headlight switch never lighted up when the lights were on since I got the car used in early 2006. For the longest time I figured it was just made that way. Until I read here a number of years ago that there was a bulb behind there that is notorious for burning out. So how do we remove the switch in the first place to get at this to send you for the repair?

The headlight switch will pop out of the dash.

Take a medium flat blade screwdriver. Being very very careful, push the screwdriver in the crack at the bottom of the switch pry it out towards you.

The switch should partially pop out. Grab the switch and pull it out the rest of the way.

Disconnect the white connector so you can rotate the switch towards you.

The bulb is in the small white socket at the top of the switch. Looking at the socket, twist it about 1/4 turn to the left and pull it out. Guaranteed you will see a burned out bulb and burned socket.

Send me the socket and bulb assembly.

Reconnect the white connector and insert the switch into the opening.

Will need about a day to replace the bulb.